Emily’s Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili in Pumpkin Bowls

Good evening :)

Today was a whirlwind, but a productive whirlwind. I think this gorgeous weather is helping me get my groove back…!

20101007-IMG_2157

It felt like Summer out there today!

My running jacket and gloves were left behind for a tank top and shorts. Sa-weet.

The run:

• Distance: 4 miles
  • Time: 33:29
  • Avg pace: 8:20 min/mile
  • Splits: 8:38, 8:25, 8:13, 7:52

I’m currently shopping for my first 5km race! Hopefully I can find one in October. :)

My reward was a dinner that only dreams are made of…

20101007-IMG_4582

Folks, start your engines.

Emily’s Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili in Pumpkin Bowls

Adapted from Emily @ The Front Burner.

Ingredients:

• 3 mini pumpkins
  • 1 medium sweet onions, diced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 red bell peppers, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small butternut squash, cubed
  • 2 cups black beans (1 lg can), drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp chili powder (or more to taste)
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • Sea salt, Spicy Herbamare, and pepper to taste

Directions: Preheat oven to 350F. Take mini pumpkin and slice the top off about 3/4 of the way up. Scoop out insides of the pumpkin using a grapefruit spoon. This part takes a long time- about 10 minutes per pumpkin so budget your time wisely. Save and rinse the pumpkin seeds to roast them with some olive oil and salt if desired. When your pumpkin’s are empty and cleaned out, brush the insides with olive oil and sprinkle on sea salt and ground pepper to your heart’s content. You will be eating the pumpkin flesh so you want it to taste delicious! Now pop your pumpkins onto a baking pan and into the oven for 30 minutes. While they are roasting in the oven, make the chili. In a large pot, add the oil and turn heat to medium. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes or so. Reduce heat if necessary to avoid burning. Now add the chopped pepper and butternut squash. Cook for about 12-15 minutes. Now add in the drained and rinsed beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, paprika, vegetable broth, and S & P and stir well. Simmer on low-medium for another 5 minutes. Now remove your pumpkins from the oven and fill the bowls 3/4 of the way full. Place pumpkins carefully back into the oven (again without top) and bake for another 30 minutes. Once they are cooked, turn oven off and leave pumpkins in the oven with lid on to stay warm. They will stay hot in the oven for another hour if necessary. Serves 3.

Only during the Fall could you take your centrepiece and turn it into DINNER!

20101007-IMG_4522

20101007-IMG_4530

Did I tell you the other day I Googled: ‘Is it possible to eat too much pumpkin?’

I’m not proud of this.

20101007-IMG_4531

I did not have a grapefruit spoon so scooping out the inside of the pumpkin proved to be rather difficult.

And by rather difficult, I mean that I wanted to poke my eyes out because it took so long.

20101007-IMG_4535

Those pumpkin guts are ruthless I tell you! So many strings so little time.

But luckily this recipe is well worth the effort.

You simply cannot go wrong with the ingredients in this recipe. It’s like they were created to be together, working in harmony in this chili.

20101007-IMG_4542

After adding the diced tomatoes, veggie broth, seasonings, etc…

20101007-IMG_4552

20101007-IMG_4562

20101007-IMG_4587

My house smelled so delicious, I thought I was in Martha’s studio for a minute! Not that I know what Martha’s studio would smell like, but trust me, I have dreamed about it.

20101007-IMG_4556

Ok, now I just sound creepy.

20101007-IMG_4555

Fill it up about 3/4 of the way (not as much as I did!).

My overflowing pumpkin chili made for quite the juggling act when I carried it onto the deck for the photoshoot. I’m pretty sure I would have let my SLR drop before this bowl of chili too. ;)

20101007-IMG_4570

Every good bowl of pumpkin chili needs a hat.

20101007-IMG_4572

The awesome thing about these chili bowls is that they trap in a ton of heat!!!

20101007-IMG_4573

As a result, I think this was the first hot meal I have had in a while. ;)

20101007-IMG_4584

In case you are wondering, you most certainly eat the inside of the pumpkin! It was so delicious scooping a bit of the pumpkin flesh along with the chili into one delicious bite.

20101007-IMG_4585

In conclusion:

1) One of my favourite Fall dinners yet.

2) Please make this weekend. You will oooooo, you will ahhh, you will shed a tear of delight. Or maybe that’s just me.

1 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun October 7, 2010

I love the look and thought of eating out of pumpkin bowls. I’m sure it adds great extra flavor.

And I hope the weather stays how it was today. I like just a tiny bit more warmth during the day, but a nice chill in the morning. It’s been perfect the past couple days!

2 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 7, 2010

It’s official, anything in a pumpkin bowl is amazing.

I love all the fall colours in that bowl and in your photos!

3 Lily @ Lily's Health Pad October 7, 2010

So adorable! I love the pumpkin bowls. :-) This really does sounds incredibly tasty. I’m not sure how great I’d be at scooping out the pumpkins though…

4 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday October 7, 2010

It’s official, anything in a pumpkin bowl is amazing.

I love all the fall colours in that bowl and in your photos!

5 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) October 7, 2010

Wow that is gorgeous! I take it you’re not going to serve this to a party of 20? :) You’ll be knee deep in pumpkin strings ha! I need to get me a sugar pumpkin stat.

6 Cara Craves... October 7, 2010

That’s the cutest idea and delicious to boot!
I love using pumpkins!
My fav. way to use them, when I am not eating them, is to hallow them out and use them as a vase…they make a great centre piece. I also take the small baby ones and juts carve out enough space to put a tea light in the top.

7 Laura (Blogging Over Thyme) October 7, 2010

I saw the original recipe on Emily’s blog and “oohed” & “aaahhed” –it is quite possibly the most beautiful soup serving idea I’ve ever seen. Can I ask what those black specks at the bottom of the pumpkin were? :)

8 Kristina @ spabettie October 7, 2010

yes, I LOVED and planned when I saw Emily do this… and now again… looks delicious! :D

9 Mo@MommyRD October 7, 2010

Wow, very impressive presentation. I bet it was delicious. Your photos are so beautiful with the colors of fall in the background.

10 Ashley October 7, 2010

Yummmm!! If you were annoyed w/the pumpkin guts, try an acorn squash next time. It was much easier to scoop out the insdie! :) I made something similar the other night and it was so so so good!

11 Rhea (Greek Feaster) October 7, 2010

YES! I just bought a mini-pumpkin this evening and I was trying to remember if you had posted a pumpkin chili recipe. I figured if you hadn’t it was only a matter of time! ;)
Also, the pumpkin shell is the bread boule’s sexy big sister. Yeah, I said it.

12 Faith @ lovelyascharged October 7, 2010

Goodness, I haven’t had chili in ages! You know what’s funny? Back when I ate meat, Wendy’s (JACK NASTY) chili was the only thing I ever wanted to eat when I was sick…now the thought of it kind of makes me sick! Yours may tempt me back into the world of delicious chilis!

13 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] October 7, 2010

I’m envious of your gorgeous fall leaves.

14 Krystina October 7, 2010

I really want to pick up some pumpkins! I’ve been roasting squash like mad, so roasting pumpkin would be delish,

15 elyssa October 7, 2010

when i first started reading this post, i was like ‘nah, too much hassle’. suffice it to say, by the end your pictures had me convinced. will be trying this weekend!

16 claire October 7, 2010

I bought two lil pumpkins to make this for me and my boyfriend tomorrow! I can’t wait! I am so happy to hear another person rave about it.

17 Lauren October 7, 2010

I bookmarked Emily’s recipe as soon as I saw it but now I’m a little afraid of tackling those pumpkin guts!

18 Heather (Heather's Dish) October 7, 2010

i’m totally wowing my friends with this ASAP…except i will make sure i invest in a grapefruit spoon first :)

19 JenATX October 7, 2010

you make me fall more in love with FALL every day :) seriously though, one of your pics is currently my background pic hehe

20 Camille October 7, 2010

What a beautiful, creative dinner! I love it!

21 Lisa (bakebikeblog) October 7, 2010

This is pure genius!!!!!

22 Hope October 7, 2010

This looks insanely awesome!! I have to try this ASAP!
I think I just drooled on my keyboard…oops!!

23 Christy October 7, 2010

That looks amazing! The ingrediants are being added to the grocery list right now – thank you! :)

24 Amber K October 7, 2010

I love how beautiful it looks! So much fun to eat.

25 Rebecca October 7, 2010

Your little pumpkin pots look so cute and yummy. I would love to make the recipe this weekend, but, its spring in Australia and I have never seen pumpkins like that where I live, they are so cute.

26 Amanda (Eating Up) October 8, 2010

I love how chunky that soup is! And that it’s in a pumpkin bowl! I totally want this right now.

27 Eric October 8, 2010

I’d have to say dinner was excellent!

28 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2010

I thought you didn’t read my blog? ;)

29 Ashley Craft October 8, 2010

Beautiful photography!! And dinner looks amazing! Oh, how I love pumpkins! So what was the verdict… is it possible to eat too much? ;)

30 Erika @ Health and Happiness in LA October 8, 2010

Making this recipe has become one of my life goals.

31 Eco-Vegan Gal October 8, 2010

Such beautiful photos and a great idea! Thank you for sharing! I added this to my recent blog post on pumpkin recipes! http://www.ecovegangal.com/2010/10/vegan-pumpkin-madness-recipe-round-up.html

32 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 8, 2010

This is just so adorable!

33 JL goes Vegan October 8, 2010

Tis the season for meals in winter squashes. So much fun!

34 Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker October 8, 2010

Gorgeous photos/stew Angela. I also want to make Emily’s recipe! It’s so creative! And you make me so jealous! Now that the sun is setting earlier and earlier . . . and my work schedule changes to meet the academic year, there’s basically no way for me to take dinner photos outside anymore after I work out — it’s too dark!!! I love all those colors! So, at least for a while, I’ll live through your photography. :)

35 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey October 8, 2010

This looks delicious! I think I want to try it for Sunday dinner! Yum!!!

36 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) October 8, 2010

Yep, definitely need to make this soon. Fall food + soup + seasonal ingredients + beautiful presentation = hooked.

37 Clare October 8, 2010

I remember in Grade 10 science reading about a man who turned (temporarily) orange from eating too many carrots. It was called “carotenemia” or something like that because of excess carotenoids. It didn’t deter me. Yesterday I had squash or pumpkin with every meal and I had a pumpkin smoothie in the afternoon! I’m not orange yet but there’s still time….

38 Kristy October 8, 2010

Seeing all these pumpkin bowls all over the blog world is driving me crazy! I need one in my life ASAP! :-)

39 stacey-healthylife October 8, 2010

I love that idea. That would be perfect for a dinner party, especially with the effort of scooping out all those pumpkins.

40 Holly @ couchpotatoathlete October 8, 2010

I’m oohing and aahing right now! I love soup in breadbowls — so why not a pumpkin? I think that would look so adorable sitting on the table, everyone has their own pumpkin :)

And chili in the fall? there is nothing better!

41 Erin October 8, 2010

Angela, this looks amazing! And what did your Google search tell you? I am eating pumpkin lately like it is my job. My husband is seriously concerned that I might turn orange!

42 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin October 8, 2010

Just when I thought your recipes couldn’t get any better… ;) I’ve been craving a good, hearty chili lately!

43 Kristin (Cook, Bake, Nibble) October 8, 2010

Mmm, looks fantastic! I will have to try this. You executed it beautifully! I always love your pictures.

xo
Kris

44 Wei-Wei October 8, 2010

That’s so creative and so cute! You can’t eat the peel though…?

45 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2010

Not sure but I dont think I would want to ;)

46 Lauren October 8, 2010

Girl, you are getting so fast!!

And that chili looks amazing. Anything eaten from a pumpkin is brilliant. :)

47 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2010

I REALLY wanted my dinner. lol

48 jaime October 8, 2010

Yummy and cute!

49 Sarah @ Long Legs Healthy Life October 8, 2010

Those pumpkin bowls are too cute, especially the lids! What a great thanksgiving dish.

My neck of the woods is a little far for you to drive, but I’m running a 5k on Oct 24th! I also think there is another TO women’s run that weekend, a 5k and a 5 miler I believe.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

50 Ashley @ Nourishing the Soul October 8, 2010

This is such a beautiful meal!

51 Claire (Low Impact Fashionista) October 8, 2010

I didn’t think chili could get any better…but then you all went and put it in a pumpkin. I think my life just got ten times better by putting this recipe on the “to make immediately” list!

52 laura October 8, 2010

there’s a couple of 5kms i know of this month:
http://www.4tmiler.ca/default.aspx (I’m tossing around the idea of doing the 10 miler, but I’m currently registered for the 10km Zoo Run so do I want two races that close?!!)

53 bonnie October 8, 2010

AH! i totally have to make this! the hubby LOVES chili… and this looks amazing!

54 bonnie October 8, 2010

AH! i totally have to make this! the hubby LOVES chili… and this looks amazing!

55 Laura October 8, 2010

Oh yum, that looks amazing! So many of the pumpkin recipes I see are sweet, but i just love love love the savory ones.

That said, I have a cookie recipe I’d love your help turning into a pumpkin treat!

56 Shanna, Like Banana October 8, 2010

So professional! I love the little pumpkin hats. This is a great idea :)

57 Anna October 8, 2010

OH MY GOODNESS – ever since you’ve posted this recipe all I’ve been doing is thinking about this chili. I may or may not have dreamed about it last night. This is everything I love about a meal – nothing too complicated/fancy but delicious, flavorful, and beautifully presented! Not to mention I can’t seem to get rid of my pumpkin addiction. Thank you for the wonderful idea!

58 Andrea (@ Puppy Dog Tales) October 8, 2010

My in-laws are coming this weekend to watch my son’s soccer game. I may just have to serve this up…they’ll be very impressed. It looks wonderful!!!!!!!!

59 Carolyn @ lovinlosing October 8, 2010

That sounds like a fantastic idea for a dinner party!

60 Melody October 8, 2010

My jaw just about dropped to the floor when I read this. I LOVE pumpkin…and the chance to make it into a bowl for chili, which by the way sounds amazing, it’s just too much! :D

61 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine October 8, 2010

I’m making dinner for my family this weekend and I was going to make your spelt burgers….buuuuut this might take their place. I know you’ll approve!!

62 Bridget October 8, 2010

Those are just the cutest little pumpkins! Too cute to eat maybe?? Nah. This one’s a winner. Great job :) I’ll have to try it!

63 Alaina October 8, 2010

Eating out of a fun bowl is well….fun! Sounds like a delicous meal. :-)

64 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 8, 2010

Wow, besides making pumpkin butter this weekend, I think I need to make this one too! Looks fantastic!

65 Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 8, 2010

66 Deah October 8, 2010

O.M.G. That looks AHmazing! I must try!

67 Marathon Bound Gal aka Grace October 8, 2010

We are having a chili cook-off at our office on the 14th, I may just have to wow these folks with a fall chili like this! Woohoo!

68 Amanda-Vegan in Salem October 8, 2010

I am going to try this next weekend! I have been reading all of your recipes and past posts, and I have to say, your blog is awesome! Keep it up!

Amanda-Vegan in Salem

69 Julia October 8, 2010

Hey! I just wanted to tell you that while your photos always look awesome…. these ones in particular are just GORGEOUS. And I really want some pumpkin chili!!

70 Dani October 8, 2010

I ate too much pumpkin (and other orange vegetables) when I was a baby and turned orange. Seriously!

… I may be headed down the same path again, hahah

71 Vicky @ eat live spin October 8, 2010

My mom said I ate so much sweet potatoes when I started to eat solid food as a baby that I turned orange too!

I love the presentation of the chili! I made another batch of my veggie chili… but I think I will try some version of this one this fall.

72 Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) October 8, 2010

“Those pumpkin guts are ruthless I tell you! So many strings so little time. “–

Omg so true!!! Carving a pumpkin is the same way. The strings just go on and on and on and on….But worth it in the end!

The little pumpkins..oh wow. My daughter would be in heaven!!! We went to the store and got a mini pumpkin for like 99 cents last week and she cherishes that little pumpkin like it’s her whole world. It’s the little things when you’re 3 :)

The recipe looks divine and the presentation…IN pumpkins. Wow. You rock!!!!
p.s. Saw your twitter tweet at me…from like 3 days ago. I am twitter retarded. As in, I can barely even make a tweet, let alone read half of them LOL

73 Jenny October 8, 2010

That is such a good idea!

74 Nancy October 8, 2010

There’s the 5k Oktoberfest run here in my city next weekend. You should look into it!

75 Moni's Meals October 8, 2010

Wow! Looks like heaven to me. I love eating out of pumpkin bowls and squash bowls. :)

76 Jessica@tastyandtrim October 8, 2010

I think you read my mind. I was just thinking about how I wanted to find a delicious chili-style recipe to fill in mini pumpkins. Now I don’t even have to look! Thanks so much for the recipe :)

77 Jen @ keepitsimplefoods October 8, 2010

This recipe is not only festive, but absolutely genious! Thank you for sharing!

78 Natasha October 8, 2010

The pumpkin chili is so pretty!!!
I wish I had the time to make this to bring to our family’s Thanksgivng dinner this weekend!!!

79 Wendy @ Seriously Sassy October 8, 2010

That. Looks. So. GOOD!
I have an allergy to pumpkin innards (not when I eat them, thank you Lord – just when I touch raw ones and then touch anywhere on my face). I would have to scrub my hands like NUTS after scooping the pumpkins. Just might be worth it, though. YUM!

80 Lisa October 8, 2010

I love edible bowls!

81 Megan October 8, 2010

those pictures are gorgeous!

I love your blog and have been following it for the past year. I’m a sophomore in college and was just diagnosed with mono-I was wondering if you had any good immunity boosting recipes? I need to get better soon!

82 Kelly October 8, 2010

Oh my gosh that was a phenomenal dinner! I read this post this morning, you said to make the recipe this weekend and so I did! I made it for dinner tonight and it was so incredibly delicious. However, my pumpkin bowl became way too soggy while cooking, so when I tried to lift it off the cookie sheet, the entire pumpkin bottom fell apart. It was a HUGE mess (although totally salvageable because we just ate the chili in regular bowls). Any hints how I could prevent this next time? I’d love to be able to serve it in the pumpkins.

83 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 9, 2010

Oh dear, sorry that happened to you!

My advice would be to cook the chili longer in the pot and for less time in the pumpkin :) Also maybe dont scrape the bottom down as much as you normally would?

84 Paula October 8, 2010

Oh my goodness!! That is picture perfect! I would love to make this very soon. Just getting in to the Fall swing today. Wreath up and pumpkin bread baking at this moment. :)

85 Jennifer @ Maple n Cornbread October 8, 2010

It’s totally different over here on the other side of the country… my run this morning was in the 30’s! Brrr! But I sure would of loved to warm up to this amazing looking chili!!!

86 Reka October 8, 2010

Wow! To use the pumpkin as a bowl, what a great idea Angela! Why didn’t I think of that one? :)
I love your creativity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and just a note: I’m glad you didn’t poke your eyes out :)

87 Halley (Blunder Construction) October 8, 2010

YAY! Congrats, Angela!! First, for progressing to the next challenge of Project Food Blog & second, for making the cutest darn bowls of chili I’ve ever seen.

88 Diana @ frontyardfoodie October 8, 2010

Oh how adorable! I just baked a massive pumpkin the other day and the insides ARE hard to get out all the way! Though it’s worth it just for the seeds……

89 Amykinz (foodie4healing) October 9, 2010

That is the cutest little soup spoon I’ve ever seen! Where did you get it?

90 Jennifer October 9, 2010

So, can you eat too much pumpkin???????????????????

91 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2010

I stopped reading after I read my arm and ear would fall off.

lol…jk

The info is mixed, but it looked like it could takes MONTHS of high levels of pumpkins, orange squash, carrots etc for any ill effects. Not sure on this one though.

92 Jennifer October 9, 2010

This looks incredible. I need a little break from pumpkin. Maybe a day, I love it too.

93 Amy @ purewellnessamy October 9, 2010

I”m making this right now and I thought I’d share a tip I recently learned about preparing squash/pumpkins: to make them easier to cut, place them whole on a cookie sheet in the oven *while it’s preheating *(about 10 minutes). It’s like a warm knife through butter! Well, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but it is much easier to cut through :-) I prepped three mini pumpkins in 10 minutes. I used a combination of sharp knife and spoon to slice through the strings and seeds, too.

I have to ask though, did all of the chili fit in your 3 mini pumpkins? I have a bunch of chili still simmering away in the pot. I guess I bought super-mini pumpkins…

94 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2010

great tip!

Yes my pumpkins were quite large so it filled up 3 pumpkins :)

95 candacegrace @ http://infitation.wordpress.com/ October 9, 2010

This recipe looks awesome. Now I’m on the hunt for bowl sized pumpkins!
Thanks for posting :)

96 Melody October 11, 2010

I tried this and I loved it. Only difference was that I added some ground turkey meat and pasta…because I found the CUTEST pasta shape ever…stars! I never knew how hard it could be to cut through a pumpkin. It helped to put the pumpkins in the oven for about 10 minutes and then let them cool for another 10 before trying to cut through. I saved the seeds to roast.

97 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2010

great tip about cutting the pumpkins!

98 Alexia October 11, 2010

lovelovelove!!

99 Marion October 12, 2010

This recipe looks so yummy!!! It’s like heathly comfort food! Thanks Angie!

I didn’t have time to make it this week-end and I’m planning to cook it this week. Do you think I can prepare the chili ahead and leave it in the fridge? What about the pumpkin? Could I roast the pumpkins in the morning and cooking with the chili inside at night?
Help, please!

Have a great day! It’s so sunny in Montreal, it’s beautiful!

100 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 12, 2010

Yes you can certainly prepare the chili ahead of time! I’m sure you could do the same with the pre cooking of the pumpkins too, although not positive

101 Kelsi October 14, 2010

I love the idea of soup in a pumpkin. Sounds so warm and cozy. Great pics!

102 Beth September 19, 2012

Have you ever made this chili without the pumpkin bowls? I’m thinking about a weeknight meal, and the pumpkins might make this tough. Is the chili good sans pumpkin bowl? Hoping so…

103 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 19, 2012

I haven’t tried it, but I think it would be!

104 Shorty September 24, 2012

Go to the dollar store and pick up an orange plastic pumpkin “scooper” ..sometimes they sell it in a kit, the knife is included…. It works like a charm…the plastic edging scrapes the pumpkin “guts” out…it took me only a couple mins to clean out the lil pumpkin.

105 Angie September 25, 2012

I plan to serve these at our Thanksgiving gathering. Just wanted tod ouble check onthe temperature that the pumpkins are roasting at. Thanks!

106 Karen October 27, 2012

I cant wait to try this…all your recipes have been delicious thus far!

107 Meg November 7, 2012

This looks so amazing I can’t wait to make it! I can’t find the right size pumpkins anywhere though, do you think I could just add some roasted pumpkin in?

108 Nat January 14, 2013

Hey!

Looks like an amazing receipe, thank you so much for sharing it! Your blog is such a good source of good healthy vegan cooking and l have tried at least half of the recepies! (you know how much that is..). Amazing. But l do have a question…you did not say what is the heat I should bake the pumpkins in the oven (in the start and later)?

Thank you!

109 Angela (Oh She Glows) January 14, 2013

Oops sorry about that Nat! It should read 350F…fixing now :)

110 Kim November 2, 2013

Two words: Melon Baller

I don’t have a grapefruit spoon but I DO have a melon baller. That sucker made SOOPER quick work of the pumpkin innards–I’m talking, llke, less than 2 minutes to have each one perfectly cleaned out. Easy peasy! That’s my tip!

Eager to see how this turns out. It’s my first time cooking with butternut squash!

111 Robyn December 7, 2013

I didn’t know there were special spoons for grape fruits but I have found the easiest way to scoop out the guts of a squash is with an ice cream scoop. Takes no time at all.

112 Mirjam February 10, 2014

Thank you so much! This was absolutely delicious! I’m going to have this very often.

113 esther November 17, 2015

i have made this soup every year for the past three years. my family loves it!! i add ground turkey and use chicken broth