Dark Chocolate Pillows

Alo!

As it turns out, I remember a lot more French than I thought and I am officially the translator and communicator for this trip. It is fun to use it again! I love being able to communicate in another language.

After breakfast we headed out on foot to explore more of this great city. And by explore, I mean we made a beeline to the closest chocolaterie.

20100918IMG 7399 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

You do not window shop in here!

20100918IMG 7398 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7400 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

My favourite picture so far on this trip…

20100918IMG 7404 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

All kinds of epic.

20100918IMG 7401 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7411 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7406 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7405 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7407 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7408 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

I REALLY want this nut butter. I decided to walk away (for now).

20100918IMG 7412 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

I’ll show you what I bought at the end of this post!

20100918IMG 7423 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

Then we were off to explore more and head to lunch before embarking on a city bus tour.

20100918IMG 7433 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows 20100918IMG 7434 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

For lunch, we decided on Rotonde des Tuileries.

20100918IMG 7542 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

I started with green tea.

20100918IMG 7519 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows20100918IMG 7517 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7521 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows20100918IMG 7527 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

My mom ordered the vegetarian sandwich with cheese and fries.

20100918IMG 7530 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

She loved the sandwich.

20100918IMG 7531 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

Sis had a Greek salad that she also enjoyed.

20100918IMG 7529 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

I had my first French Baguette!

20100918IMG 7533 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

Total swoon. It was about the size of my leg and I ate every bite. I got the vegetarian baguette (without cheese). My version had carrots, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and lentils. It was awesome and the bread was incredible and fresh.

I also had a side of fries.

20100918IMG 7538 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

Then we explored more on foot.

20100918IMG 7450 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7510 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7467 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7469 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7482 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

Dessert:

20100918IMG 7495 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7496 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

Love locks on the bridge! So romantic. I miss Eric.

20100918IMG 7498 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7500 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

Then it was time for our bus tour!

20100918IMG 7547 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7553 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows 20100918IMG 7560 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7564 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows 20100918IMG 7571 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7595 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows 20100918IMG 7605 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7623 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows 20100918IMG 7628 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7662 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7629 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

At this point, it is obvious what a beautiful and stunning city Paris is.

I was slightly surprised just how beautiful it was because I have heard from many people that Paris has a reputation for being: 1) dirty, and 2) unfriendly.

All three of us agreed that it is neither. It is one of the cleanest cities I have ever been in and also one of the friendliest. All of the servers in restaurants have been so helpful, smiling, and kind. I really don’t understand where the rumours come from. Paris is A++.

20100918IMG 7639 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

Paris also has a ton of parks, green spaces, and trees. Everyone just lounges on the grass in all of the parks and it has such a cool and relaxed vibe.

And of course people love to watch other people! People watching is a sport here. ;)

20100918IMG 7661 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7635 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7472 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

20100918IMG 7618 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

I’m trying to convince OSGMOM to walk up the Eiffel tower! :) Monday and Tuesday we are doing tours with our Paris Pass.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have dark chocolate and a pillow to tend to. Tomorrow morning is an early morning (6am wake-up call) as we are off to Champagne country for the day on a tour bus with a group of people. It should be great!

20100918IMG 7668 thumb   Dark Chocolate Pillows

In my next post I will tell you all about our special dinner tonight. This post might explode if I add one more picture…. ;) Hopefully it uploads with this slow internet connection…

Dori September 18, 2010

Amazing! Everything looks so delicious, especially that baguette. Mmmmm bread. Also, the French are nice to you because you’re not American — they can sense it!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) September 18, 2010

You are making me miss Paris so so so much!! The day I did a walking tour it was crisp and cool yet sunny and breezy. Ahhhh. I agree–Paris is so clean and the parks are breathtaking.

Nicole (Picky Nicky) September 18, 2010

What lovely pictures! And those chocolates……. how did this drool get on my keyboard? :D

Freya (Brit Chick Runs) September 18, 2010

Ohmygohs, that chocolate! Why did I not see that last time I was in Paris!!??
I love that padlock thing – so romantic :) (I was reading about it in the paper today :D)

Bethany @ More Fruit Please September 18, 2010

I love your red dress! Oh, and the chocolate, the bread, and Paris. Can we switch lives for the next week? Pretty please?

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies September 18, 2010

Ohhh, la la. Looks absolutely amazing – and all that chocolate. Swwoooon.

Bonnie September 18, 2010

I totally agree that Paris is a beautiful city. We had some servers refuse to serve us when they found out we were American. Most people were extremely nice though

Corey @ The Runner's Cookie September 18, 2010

Ahh the chocolate looks amazing!! Your pictures make me want to go back…and (omg) the baguettes there are incredible, I had so many while I was there. Also, you look SO much like your sister! :) Have a great time Angela!!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad September 18, 2010

I totally agree! Why does Paris have such a bad rap? Rome = a much different story!!!

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine September 18, 2010

This post makes me want to pack up and head for Paris!! I might be going in the spring, so I’m loving your vegan meals- espescially the baguette :) Good thing bread is almost always vegan! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete September 18, 2010

Those chocolate pictures are totally making me want to hop on a plane to Paris right now!

And I would win any sport that involves People Watching, so maybe I was meant to live in Paris :) Enjoy!

Alice September 18, 2010

Wow this looks amazing Angela! I have been a self confessed francophile ever since I was 11! I did a french class is year 7 and was then hooked. I fell in love with France and the french way of living. I havent been yet, but will go some day. Until then, I will imagine I am there while reading your posts!
xx

Lily September 18, 2010

LOVE your photos! :) One question though…
Why is there a little German flag in your baguette?

Emily September 18, 2010

That chocolat shop looks like absolute heaven!!! I don’t know how I would have made it out alive :) From your photos, Paris looks absolutely beautiful!!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 18, 2010

I am living vicariously through you!

Kristina @ spabettie September 18, 2010

Michel Cluizel has to me one of my very favorites… I used to run a european deli and we sold all kinds of fun imported candies, and Michel Cluizel was so popular we were constantly ordering more…

I would LOVE to be in that shop!!

Katie September 18, 2010

All these photos are amazing! Where did you get your gold sandals in the photo of you and your sister?? I love them!

Danielle September 18, 2010

Wow – I feel like a million stories could be told based on each still photo of the city! What a beautiful experience!

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day September 18, 2010

Paris should be paying you – you make it look so beautiful that I think lots of bloggers are booking their flights based on chocolate alone!

Caitlin (EatFeats) September 18, 2010

I second the love for the red dress! So pretty! Also that broiled cheese on your mother’s sandwich is GLORIOUS!

Eimear Rose September 18, 2010

Wow, lovely photos. And your mum looks like another sister! She has an amazing figure- you’re like triplets! Looks like France is hogging all the sunshine in Europe at the moment, it’s so wet and windy in the UK at the moment:(

Camille September 18, 2010

Holy yum!
I am salivating…

Lin September 18, 2010

Wow, Paris looks amazing! It’s my dad’s favorite city in Europe! I hope you and your family enjoy the rest of your trip!

Amykinz September 18, 2010

Angela, can you tell me what kind of running equipment you use? Shoes, water bottle/backpack, clothing, etc? But mostly, I’m interested in what you are using that measures your distance and time? Is it some sort of Garmin GPS watch? Thanks!

Jess @ Gluten Freesta September 18, 2010

You make Paris look like the most beautiful and delicious place on earth. Hope you are eating your weight in parisian food (from the looks of it, I think you already are.)

Emily September 18, 2010

Can you explain what Love Locks are in your next post?

I LOVED Paris! So beautiful and culturally rich! Make sure you see the Eiffel Tower @ night when it is lit up! One of my favorite memories is riding on a ferry in the evening and watching in amazement! Enjoy!

Jenny September 18, 2010

chocolate truffles..oi.

Angela September 18, 2010

Wooooow that looks like so much fun!! The chocolaterie.. omg… how on earth did you ever manage to walk out with just one bar of chocolate?? Gorgeous photos Ange, you should open a side business making travel brochures!

MoniMeals September 18, 2010

Good Golly! WOWOWOWOW! Thank you so much for taking all of us on your journey! I hope you got some truffles! wink wink :)

Ida September 18, 2010

French macaroons are my favorite! You must try one. And if you can create a vegan version that would be amazing. Love the posts from Paris, so fun to travel along with you!

Lauren M. September 18, 2010

I can’t believe your self-control in the chocolate shop. When I visited a chocolate factory in switzerland I had to pack it all in its own suitcase to get it all home.

Bri September 18, 2010

Ahh your making me miss Paris so much. If weren’t in college in my desired program I would buy a one way ticket to Paris! I found it very clean to and the people were very nice to me. When i was in Italy everyone warned the french are rude but I found it the opposite the Italians were rude to me haha. Enjoy and Bon Appetit!

Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl September 18, 2010

Those chocolate pictures look amazing.

I love that people-watching is a sport there! I would fit in perfectly! It’s so fun to watch people from all different walks of life and wonder what got them to that point.right then. on that street. with you. Kinda fun! Have fun!

Heather (Heather's Dish) September 18, 2010

yep, it’s official…i’m in love with paris! i can only imagine how ridiculous that bread is…i can almost smell it!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss September 18, 2010

This actually made me want to work in a French pastry shop..how awesome would it be to build mounds of chocolate treats?!

Love all the photos, can’t wait to see more!

Jennifer September 18, 2010

I agree! The French are soooooo friendly! Ohh, I miss Paris so much. I’m so jealous!

Stephanie @ Laugh and Cook September 18, 2010

Oh how I wish I was at the chocolate shop! Your pictures look amazing! I can’t believe them came from your camera! You should create a photo book!

Hope you have a fun safe trip!

Andrea September 18, 2010

That picture of the two men people watching is classic! Beautiful photos in general- looks like you’re having a fantastic trip :)

Miranda @ MirandasJeans September 18, 2010

OMG I remember that grass just outside the Louve. After we went through the Louve, we were tired and my husband, I and the husbands brother and wife, we all had a snack on the grass. I too my scarf put it over my face and had a nap on the grass. It was wonderful. I recomend a picnic lunch in Jardain Luxemburge.

erika September 18, 2010

you can’t leave paris without trying a macraoon and you must try one a laduree

Page 1 of 212»