Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Good Mmm-orning!

Goodness gracious it is Wednesday already. Short week!

Behold, the breakfast pizza.

20100907IMG 2653 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Do you ever think of a recipe idea and find yourself racing to the kitchen to make it as soon as possible?

That was me last night.

I was looking at my PB & J Glo Bites and Pumpkin Spiced Glo Bites recipes and the idea of making a breakfast pizza suddenly struck me. Not just any pizza though, a peanut butter, jam, and banana breakfast pizza!

If it worked, I knew I would have a fun recipe to share with you that would be delicious, kid-friendly, and fun to throw together on the weekend.

And who doesn’t love leftover pizza for a quick weekday breakfast now and then? ;)

20100907IMG 2651 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients:

• 2 cups whole grain spelt flour
  • 1/2 cup Earth Balance buttery spread, warmed
  • 1/4 cup Sucanat (or brown sugar might work)
  • 1 large banana, sliced
  • 1/2 cup Almond Milk (adapted from 1/4 cup which was an error)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 3/4 cup jam
  • 1/3-1/2 cup peanut butter
  • Cacao Nibs (optional)
  • Coconut, to garnish (optional)

Directions: Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a pie pan. In a large bowl mix together the spelt flour, salt, sucanat, and cinnamon. Now pour in milk and warmed Earth Balance. Mix. Take batter and spread evenly with fingers into the pie pan. Now grab your jam and spread over the crust mixture. Add sliced banana and optional cacao nibs. Pop into the oven for 25 minutes at 400F. Remove and cool for 15 minutes. Pipe on peanut butter, slice and serve. You can also chill it and serve it cold or try popping it in the freezer for a cold treat (just let it defrost for about 5 minutes first)!

Note: This pizza is very sweet! If you want to make a lighter pizza, you can experiment with using less jam and peanut butter. The amounts above are just a guideline.

20100907IMG 2639 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

First, make your protein-packed 100% whole grain spelt crust! The dough tastes like a healthy sugar cookie. :) Yummers.

Squish the dough all in there with your fingers. Don’t worry it doesn’t have to be perfect!

20100907IMG 2640 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Now take your jam…you could have fun experimenting with different flavours of jam.

20100907IMG 2641 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

And spread it all around…(it helps if you let it sit at room temperature to soften!)

20100907IMG 2642 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Cover with bananas and optional cacao nibs…or if you are feeling crazy, chocolate chips.

20100907IMG 2644 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

And bake at 400F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 15 minutes.

Now place peanut butter in a baggie, trim a small hole in the corner, and ‘pipe’ onto the pie.

20100907IMG 2648 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Oh yes.

20100907IMG 2645 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

This is magical.

20100907IMG 2647 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Serve warm, chilled in the fridge, OR frozen like a DQ Treatzza Pizza!

20100907IMG 2652 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

I tried it hot, warm, chilled, and frozen and my favourite way to eat it was chilled straight from the fridge! Just like leftover pizza. :)

20100907IMG 2656 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

Have fun trying out different kinds of nut butters too. You could even make a nut-free version using sunflower seed butter. I really want to try this with Barney Butter but we don’t have it in Canada. It is probably for the best. The last time I had some Eric kept asking me if I wanted any toast with my Barney Butter. ;) Who needs toast when you have Barney Butter?

You could also try making a FRUIT pizza and loading it with all kinds of sliced fruit…how delicious would that be? I’m thinking mangoes, banana, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, etc.

20100907IMG 2655 thumb   Peanut Butter, Jam, & Banana Breakfast Pizza

I also want to say a huge THANK YOU for your support with the Tastespotting Portabella Playoff Challenge! My Stuffed Pizza recipe took home gold. Thanks everyone! :)

Samantha Cernock September 8, 2010

Holy Moly!!! That looks like one of the best breakfasts’ EVER!!! I can’t wait to try it.

Danielle September 8, 2010

I just bought Sucanat today – you’ve inspired me with your recipes!

Laura September 8, 2010

holy cow, I must make this!

Pure2raw twins September 8, 2010

YUM! This looks great…I love thinking of new recipes and looking forward to making them ; ) We made a almond maple butter fig flatbread the other weekend…one recipe I could not want to make nor eat!

Leah September 8, 2010

That pizza looks great! I think the kids would love it for breakfast… Maybe if I get up early I could whip it up! Or even better program my oven to turn on in the morning….

I’ve made pb&j pizza before but always with a pizza crust. This crust looks so much better!

Amanda September 9, 2010

OMG! That looks sooooo good!!! I fear I cannot make it…. I would eat the whole thing. *drool.

Heidi - Apples Under My Bed September 9, 2010

This is genius!! Love it! v creative :) I love it when ideas come to you like that!
Heidi xo

Halley (Blunder Construction) September 9, 2010

OH ANGELA! UNREAL! Wouldn’t this be perfect for a slumber party? If only we could rewind…+

Christabel September 9, 2010

I made the breakfast pizza this morning and it was DELICIOUS. I can’t have spelt so I used 50/50 brown/white rice flour and added a couple tablespoons of ground flax. I also used apricot preserves. It turned out so yummy!

Thanks!

Kristen September 9, 2010

This is another thing that I plan on saving and making eventually. It looks great.

rebecca September 13, 2010

i read this this morning and it is all i have thought about since, looks so good, going to go buy what i need after work and make it this evening, hope it turns out as nice as yours looks!

Erica April 24, 2012

Hello. I would love to know how many servings this makes. I’m having a Big and lil Chef class and I’m using this recipe to show to families that our looking for fun, healthy alternatives :P

melissa April 25, 2012

yum yum yum.

how many calories is this?

Andrea Rodgers April 3, 2013

Thought you might enjoy this kid friendly recipe;)

Lauren @ Healthy You September 4, 2013

** yoink ** – think i’ll be stealing this to try the weekend! It looks delicious :)

Wanda September 4, 2013

Yuck! This looks absolutely disgusting. Okay, I have to disclose that I’m European and this peanut butter/jam thing just grosses me out. I love some of your other recipes. I currently have the lentil loaf in the oven.

kayte November 4, 2013

i am going to try this recipe… but i’m skipping the jam and using apple butter… i’m already drooling. (we eat pb & ab w banana on toast and pancakes already… so sure to be a hit.) i never tried this spelt stuff….

Danielle @ It's A Harleyyy Life January 16, 2014

How many servings is this?

Kathleen Campbell March 31, 2014

This was perhaps the most delicious breakfast I’ve ever had. I love PB&J, so naturally when I saw this I knew I had to make it. The crust was awesome! And while it was REALLY rich and sweet, I knew it was pretty good for me too! We often have two pieces of toast with PJ & J for breakfast, so this was a much yummier version of that. We cut it in fourth and each had a slice, and then split another before regretfully putting the last slice in the fridge for the next morning. So full…but so good!

Page 4 of 4«1234