My revived Salt & Vinegar obsession lives on! I am so excited to tell you about this next recipe tonight. Unfortunately, it is not a clue for my overseas trip in September (didn’t have time to make it), but it is a great recipe regardless.
Easy Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas
Adapted from Homemade Salt & vinegar Chips and Green Beans.
- 1.5-2 cups cooked chickpeas (one 15-oz can), drained and rinsed*
- 2.5-4 cups white vinegar
- 1/2-1 tsp fine grain sea salt, to taste
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
2. Add chickpeas into pot and cover with vinegar. Add a dash of sea salt. Open a window and turn on range hood fan to air out the soon-to-be potent vinegar smell. <– you were warned!
3. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit in pot for 15-20 minutes, uncovered.
4. Preheat oven to 400F. Carefully drain chickpeas in a strainer and discard vinegar. Place chickpeas on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Massage with fingers until fully coated.
5. Roast for 25-35 minutes, stirring once half way through. Keep a careful eye on them after 20 minutes of cooking to ensure they don’t burn. Enjoy as a high protein snack or as a side to a lunch or dinner. Cool on pan for 5 minutes. They will crisp up as they cool.
*Note: I assume you could also use dry chickpeas and cook them in vinegar from scratch. Also note: When I brought the cooked chickpeas to a boil, some of the peas split open and some of the skins came off. Not to worry if this happens-it will turn out regardless!
I loved these! The salt & vinegar taste was amazing and really came through.
Crunchy, crispy. Divine.
High in protein to boot!
In the OSG recipe vault!
I had the S & V chickpeas along with some BBQ’d veggies…
So much green! Eric used his olive oil + S & P + wrap in tin foil BBQ trick again.
Food baby ensued. ;)
Operation Beautiful Book Release
I will be talking about a body-image topic that is very near and dear to my heart: Happy Weights. How do we come to terms with where our bodies are happiest? How do we know when we are there? How do we learn to love our body the way it was meant to be? How do we stop fighting against our Happy Weight? I have LOTS to say about this topic!
I will be talking about all of these questions on Friday, so stay tuned for a fun discussion and book giveaway!
I have more work to take care of tonight. I’m hoping to end the evening with our favourite new show- Lie To Me! Eric and I are HOOKED. We are only 3 episodes from being caught up to this current season. It is basically my ideal show- psychology research + gripping plots + great cast. We can’t get enough! It gets better with each episode.
Oh, I just realized I forgot to give you a clue for where I am going in September…
Au revoir, chick P!