Whistle While You Work!

Hi there =)

We had a really tiring and physical day, but we also had a fun time today. We spent a couple hours in the basement sanding (no pics yet, too much dust) and then almost 4 hours doing yard work. Weeding, mowing the lawn, pruning, removing dead shrubs/vines, etc! Eric said I did a great job today. I beamed with pride (usually I have no confidence with renos and yard work type endeavors!)

IMG 1829 thumb   Whistle While You Work! IMG 1831 thumb   Whistle While You Work!

A weed-free garden is a peaceful garden!

IMG 18342 thumb   Whistle While You Work!

The weeds were out of control as we haven’t had any time to weed in over a month!

IMG 1841 thumb   Whistle While You Work!

I think these beds need some flowers! All the perennials have come and gone this season. It is sad when their bloom is complete!

Blue Jay feather…we have lots of Blue jays around here.

IMG 1835 thumb   Whistle While You Work!

I also discovered a love for pruning…

IMG 1836 thumb   Whistle While You Work!

I went a bit crazy, as you would expect.

I sculpted, I designed, I made art. I love pruning because it appeals to my artistic side. I also love symmetrical objects. Very feng shui. Eric kept walking by and chuckling to himself because he said he’s never seen someone have so much fun while pruning before. What can I say, I whistle while I work!

While I was busy weeding and pruning, he was pulling out half dead shrubs and vines covering the house.

Even though the work was hot and sweaty and not ideal for a day off, we made it fun by enjoying each other’s company. We actually had a great time out there. Many hands make the work light, or however that saying goes! ;)

After admiring our work, we came in and were starving, so I got started on dinner right away.

I made a vegan version of my favourite 7 layer tortilla pie (aka Mexican Lasagna!). It is delish both ways and I highly recommend it!

IMG 5163 thumb   Whistle While You Work!

Mexican Tortilla Pie

Adapted from 7 layer tortilla pie.

Ingredients:

• 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup salsa, divided
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
  • 7 (8 inch) flour tortillas
  • 1/2-3/4 cup Mae’s humnut cheese sauce
  • Dried parsley, to garnish
  • Enchilada sauce (I used for top layer)

Mae’s Humnut Cheese* (adapted)

• 2-3 tbsp hummus
  • 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • A pinch of turmeric if you like your cheese yellow
  • water to thin

[*Note: I tripled her humnut cheese recipe.]

Directions: Preheat oven to 400F. In a large bowl, mash pinto beans. Stir in 3/4 cup salsa and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, refried beans and tomatoes. Place 1 tortilla in a greased pie plate or tart dish. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over tortilla to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with 1/4 cup humnut cheese, and cover with another tortilla. Spread with 2/3 cup refried beans, and top with 1/4 cup humnut cheese. Repeat layering twice. Cover with remaining tortilla, and spread with remaining pinto bean mixture, humnut cheese, and enchilada sauce. Cook for about 35 minutes. Serves 6.

IMG 5168 thumb   Whistle While You Work!

I didn’t have 7 tortillas or refried beans, so I made an adapted version, but it still worked out!

I had two slices and Eric had THREE! We were hungry monstaaaaas. In our case, it did not serve 6 as the recipe suggests! lol. It depends on how hungry you are I guess.

IMG 5172 thumb   Whistle While You Work!

Eric said ‘If you keep cooking like this I won’t ever need to eat meat again!’ , as he shoveled in the pie.

I’m not so sure that will ever happen, but he has cut down meat about 75-80% and he says he doesn’t really miss it. I get a TON of questions about Eric’s diet- in fact, it is probably one of the most frequently asked questions as of late. I think he needs to start a blog! ;)

Eric does love a good beef burger, so I don’t think he would ever give up meat entirely (or maybe I am wrong here)… and that is fine by me. I will support him, just like he supports my choices. I don’t think that everyone needs to be 100% meat-free to make a difference. The fact that he is now making healthier choices than he once did, is a positive step and makes a huge impact on the system and his health. Small changes add up to something big! I truly believe this. I don’t think that everyone’s ‘end goal’ should be a vegan diet, but I do support awareness and consciousness about our food choices and the opportunity to feel our best with what we put into our bodies. I guess you could say I am pro-educated choice!

IMG 5180 thumb   Whistle While You Work!

Do you live with someone and if so, do you share the same ‘diet’ or do you have different eating habits, opinions on what you eat, and different taste preferences? Is it difficult, easy, fun, creative, annoying?

Sana August 2, 2010

Yay!!! I feel the same was as Eric- I eat 80-75% less meat and I love it! Pulling weeds out of the ground makes me feel POWERFUL!!!!!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg August 2, 2010

Ha…my husband always makes fun of how happy I look as I do dishes. I can’t help it– it’s kind of fun for me!

That tortilla lasagna looks to die for. So good!

I’m a vegetarian, and my husband probably eats vegetarian 90% of the time, because of what’s in the house and because I do most of the cooking. He isn’t ready to give up meat entirely, so he’ll occasionally eat it when we go out, but he’s gotten his meat consumption down really low, which I’m proud of!

Lea @ Healthy Coconut August 2, 2010

I wish had a backyard or garden so I can take out the weeds too. I know I will like gardening, I just need my own garden :)

I think having different food choices with my fiance, we have become more creative in the kitchen. I usually prefer more veggie based dishes and he likes fish a lot and sometimes meat. He will cook the meat/fish that he wants to eat. I’ll cook veggies as my main dish and he eats it as his side dish. Win-win situation! He has recently switched from white rice to brown rice (all on his own), so I was proud of that.

Astrid August 2, 2010

I live with my boyfriend. I eat a lot more veggies than he does, but I am not a vegetarian at all. My breafasts and lunches usually are, but dinner usualy includes meat. Sometimes I will make a different or extra side for me, but really, it is easy to cook something that we both like. Since living with me, he has learned what a lot of foods really taste like and now loves foods like asparagus and brocolli (without being doused in ranch dressing).
I love how you said that your end goal doesn’t have to be a vegan diet. I love the balance that I have with food. I love veggie and vegan alternatives and love experimenting with everything. But since I love to cook and eat, that everything includes all types of foods. I eat to make my body feel good, and sometimes to satisfy a craving. There is something about making food that makes me love whatever it is.
That bluejay feather is absolutely gorgeous.

Heather (Heather's Dish) August 2, 2010

holy yum! what an awesome idea! my husband and i like a lot of the same foods, but at times he doesn’t believe in the same healthful diet i do. actually, he really eats whatever i feed him, but when it comes to being active he really only works out if it’s for a sport or something. not bad, but it would be fun to workout with him more often!

Cynthia (It All Changes) August 2, 2010

I though it would be difficult when Hunni and I got married because he was a super meat and potatoes guy and I hardly ate meat. But he doesn’t like to cook so he eats what I do. He doesn’t eat meat at home because I am vegetarian. When we eat out that is his time to enjoy stuff I won’t cook.

Its a win win for both of us. He eats more healthy 90% of the time and feels better about himself and I don’t have to cook two meals or buy double food.

Katy August 2, 2010

My husband grew up hunting, eating meat and potatoes and drinking whole milk.

Now that he’s married to a vegetarian-locavore-health nut, he’s been amazingly understanding, and really great about trying everything I put in front of him…in fact, he’s started to ask for tofu and even seitan!

He still eats some meats and animal products at lunch or at restaurants, but I think he’s really secretly happy to have adopted a healthier and more sustainable eating plan. :)

Anya @ Fitness & Sunshine August 2, 2010

Hmm my boyfriend and I have very different food choices. I’m tryin’ to cut back on meat (and dairy, eventually… I’m used to these foods but they just don’t make me feel that good anymore), and he’s a big meat lover. We both support each other though. :) Definitely easy + creative for me!

Marta August 2, 2010

I enjoyed some veggie success myself this evening! I finally tried your recipe for in-a-jiffy burgers and my beef-lovin bf exclaimed “okay, I’ll admit it, I love ‘em”. I’m eating veggie about 90% of the time and he’s right up there as well. The more I experiment and get comfortable with new food ideas, the more options we have for meals and the easier it is for both of us to eat meat-free.

Pam August 2, 2010

Great question!

I’m raw vegan (except for the occasional roasted veggie dish or pasteurized nuts), and hubby and the kids aren’t.

It’s a big challenge, because I have to prepare 2 separate meals almost every day. We do “free for all” a few days per week which helps.

The upside is that I’m exposing them all to healthier options with no pressure. My 14 yo son just started drinking wheatgrass juice daily to help his acne. I never thought I’d see that!

Adventures in Veg August 2, 2010

I live with my boyfriend – we’re going out as long as you and Eric but aren’t married – and am in pretty much the exact same situation! I went veg last year, after transitioning for a year or so. I wanted to go veg so bad! We stopped cooking meat at home 18 mths ago and nearly a year ago I stopped eating meat (well, chicken, as I only ate red meat once/twice a year and didn’t fish/seafood anyway) when out in restaurants etc. Now I’m pretty much vegan.
My boyfriend is an omni, like Eric he doesn’t mind what we eat at home so he basically eats vegan food as I do most of the cooking (by choice, I write a food column so have to cook a lot!). He eats cheese and meat when we eat out.
I don’t think he would ever ‘go veg’ but it means SO much to me that he supports my choice 100% and did not kick up one ounce of a fuss when I said I wouldn’t be cooking meat at home. He just supported me through it as he always does. I feel really lucky and thankful, and I know that it benefits his health as well as mine.

Your garden is sooo pretty – we live in an apartment, I’d love a garden :)

suz August 2, 2010

I just wrote an email to Angela about this very issue! I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to be strong and stick to a more healthful diet while your partner can indulge? I’m not sure what to do…

(This part is from my email to Angela).
Basically my partner loves eating pretty healthfully but nowhere near my nutritional lifestyle goal. Here’s the kicker – he’s the better cook than I am, and he loves cooking! I’m trying to eat separate types of meals but I feel like I’m hurting his feelings. He’s the most considerate adorable person and I can’t stand it when he’s bummed out when we don’t share the same meal. He loves cooking his mom’s old recipes (which I absolutely savor but they tend to be very rich), fruits and salads (yay), and treating me to desserts (I don’t need more encouragement!).

Another thing – he tends to cook Chinese/ Taiwanese family style – which means shared meals! =/

I’m hoping for any type of advice? I’m lost!

suz August 2, 2010

I just read through everyone’s responses to Angela’s query, and I think she has the most amazing audience. Just wanted to comment that and to say I’m grateful for finding this website~! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 3, 2010

Hi Suz,

I would take those recipes and see if you can both find ways to make some healthier modifications to them without sacrificing taste. That way you aren’t saying ‘no you shouldnt eat this’, but you are finding a middle ground. I have taken hundreds of old recipes and re-worked them to make them healthier and often I like them just as much as the original. Do you think he would be up for something like that?

suz August 3, 2010

I will try it!! I’m willing to try anything – funny that your suggestion sounds so straightforward but I never thought of it. Thanks for your patience & insight.

liz August 3, 2010

Angela -

Maybe you could do a post about the best/easiest/healhiest substitutes that you find yourself commonly using. I bet everyone has some recipes from Mom or Grandma they would love to health-ify! I know I do!

Amy @ForDGRedial August 3, 2010

Hi,

Obviously I don’t know you and your husband but here are my thoughts/how I approach going veggie with my bf. You clearly love him and I am sure he loves you to. Because of that, I think the first most important thing is to ensure he understands why you are wanting to eat a healthier diet. And that you want to eat together but you don’t want to force change upon him so some compromises would be awesome. Secondly that whilst you want to eat healthier that is 100% not about things tasty bland or any less nice than ‘normal’ food. This was super important with Mark because to him healthy food = bland, unenjoyable food.

Then I think I would try 2 things, possibly just try one approach.

a) pick a meal he enjoys cooking and eating, do a little research and see how you might be able to tweak it slightly to make it a bit healthier, more veggies, slightly different way of cooking, strong cheese so you don’t need so much, sauces on the side etc. Then cook it the tweaked way with him. Depending how he is wired maybe even challenge him to cook the dish with a now generational edge where it tastes just as good but isn’t quite so unhealthy.

b) pick a day once a week that you will cook. Spend some time finding a recipe that you can tweak or that is healthy (I’m sure Angela has a few you could pinch, you could make them non-vegan so they look more familiar to hubbie) and do it. Be open to constructive feedback from hubbie about how you could make it even better next time etc.

I hope some of that helped.

Amy x

suz August 3, 2010

I do! I love him dearly and he’s such a sensitive sweetie. <3 I should say that a problem of my own is that I like practically everything and have no sense of proportion when I'm cooking… a challenge for me! And I'm thinking that Wil think you nailed it when you said that there is the conception that healthy food = bland. I probably cook very blandly compared to the rich flavors of Taiwanese dishes that his mother makes. I need to look into that and communicate more with him.

But I will try and try again (both your suggestions)! After all, there are so many meals to be eaten, right? hehe

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

suz August 3, 2010

*I’m thinking that you nailed it when you said that there is the conception that healthy = bland.

hehe – oops… (I had several thoughts running in my mind!)

Lea @ Healthy Coconut August 3, 2010

Hi Suz,
My fiance loves to cook but he doesn’t always make healthy dishes. Over time, I’ve slowly replaced his kitchen staples and refrigerator contents. For example, I’ve replaced table salt with sea salt, white rice with brown rice, white sugar with brown sugar and anything white was replaced with whole wheat i.e bread/pasta.

It’s a slow transition but I think it’s worth it in the long run. In my situation, I set the example and brought new things into kitchen to he can familiarize himself with it. Now when he goes food shopping, I’m proud that he comes home with items that I would have picked out myself. Baby steps!!!

suz August 4, 2010

Yours is a VERY good point. I forget that I’ve made some significant strides… Wil decided on his own a couple weeks ago to try non-white bread! :o) Seriously, I was so amazed at the time… 2 weeks later, I’m thinking gosh, why can’t I get him to eat healthy. Gosh, I’m never satisfied… I have to realize it’s a process and a nurturing one. I need to remind myself that eating healthfully is a happy experience and not to ruin it. :) Thanks for the encouragement!! <3

Marlon @MeInTheBalance August 2, 2010

I’m definitely going to try the 7-Layer Tortilla Pie this week. My wife and I are both trying to eat healthier nowadays because of medical issues that have come up over the last few years. I prepare our meals a majority of the time and she (almost) always enjoys what I make. My kids, on the other hand, are a different story. Sometimes they’ll eat “my food” with no complaint, but other times it’s a struggle. I’m not giving up on them, though.

Hallie August 2, 2010

This is such a great question!

I am vegan and my hubby eats meat & animal products. He is super supportive of my lifestyle and this past weekend when we were traveling, he said, “I think I’m going to eat vegan with you all weekend, just because.” He eats vegan meals with me every so often, but never all his meals for two days straight! It was really fun and I felt like he gained a new respect for vegan foods!

-Hallie

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 3, 2010

Wow that is really awesome he did that!

suz August 3, 2010

*heart melting* :) awwww!

Jessica Engel August 2, 2010

My husband and I used to have very different diet preferences… but the longer we are together, the more similar they become. This also includes being gluten-free now that we realize he has an intolerance to gluten. I can’t imagine being married to someone who eats in a completely different way than you do- feels out of harmony!

erica August 2, 2010

i live with my bf…he usually eats a lot healthier than i do, and he can eat the same thing everyday and not get bored. i on the otherhand need variety.

i now have that whistle while you work song stuck in my head.

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 3, 2010

just picture me whistling that song (and im a HORRIBLE whistler!)

Niki (Running in Pink) August 2, 2010

If my husband lived alone or was in charge of all our meals, he would be living off of frozen taquitos, Hot Pockets, Hamburger Helper, brats and hamburgers, and Doritos. Basically anything frozen and/or in a box that’s easy to prepare, but not necessarily healthy. His idea of a “vegetable side dish” is french fries! However, he will eat whatever I make for him and I’ve never heard him complain about anything being “too healthy” or if I branch out with a new recipe or ingredient. I’d like to think he would pick my healthier cooking over Hamburger Helper any day!

Jessica @ Running From Cupcakes August 3, 2010

hahaha sounds just like mine!!! exactly!

Ricki August 2, 2010

Someone just asked me this exact question last week! (Well, actually, they didn’t ask me about Eric–they asked me about my own hubby–har har). ;) My honey is a meat eater and probably won’t ever give it up either, but he is very happy to eat whatever I cook (vegan) and will try anything. It’s very rare that he won’t eat what I make. We share dinners and if he “needs” meat, he eats it at lunch or else he cooks his hunk o’ meat and uses my dinner as a side dish. We live and eat harmoniously!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 3, 2010

That is us in a nutshell!

holly @ couchpotatoathlete August 2, 2010

My husband and I eat mostly the same — I cook most of our meals, so he eats what I eat! But, when we eat at a restaurant you can tell we do not eat the same things! J will get a burger and I’ll get fish/veggies or chicken/veggies or a salad. J almost always gets a burger and fries. :)

It is fine with me, neither of us push our food habits on the other — although I”m working on getting him to eat more veggies!

kelly August 2, 2010

hi! i’ve been reading your blog for a while but i’ve never commented. anyway, i am glad you posted something about this, i was wondering about your husband’s eating style. i am planning on moving in with my boyfriend in about a year (we both recently graduated, trying to save up money by living with our parents) and i’ve been wondering what i will do to cook for us when that happens. i’ve been a vegan for 3 years, but he loves his meat. it usually works out well at restaurants because we trade meat for vegetables and we both get more of what we want. anyway, reading your post and all these comments is really encouraging!

tanyasDailyProductReviews August 2, 2010

we eat the same…it’s easer that way

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ August 2, 2010

That looks so good. I did a bunch of yard work and gardening yesterday also.

Rebecca August 2, 2010

I live on my own, but, I am the only vegetarian in my family. If I have family over for dinner sometimes I will do a vegetarian meal for everyone or I will cook them meat, its my choice not to eat meat, so I don’t like pushing others. When I have dinner at my brothers he comes up with great veggie meals, he says I am annoying (I hope he is joking), but, as I said to him, when you don’t eat meat, you have to be creative with your meals or food becomes boring. I love alot of your recipes, last night I made the pizza’s, they were so yummy.

Lisa August 2, 2010

I’m a 100% organic Vegetarian. My Husband would eat beef and/or fast food for every meal if possible!
Before we got married I dont even think he ate vegetables….
Now he’ll eat basic salads, cucumbers, carrots, and celery ;)
I’m working on him little by little!
I don’t mind that our eating is so opposite. I’l take a great guy that eats (Horrible)
than a Guy that has other much horrible habits yets eats healthy ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 3, 2010

haha so true

dotsie August 2, 2010

Me=exercise and eat healthy. Boyfriend=doesn’t exercise nor eat healthy. His food tempts me sometimes and I have to plan ahead when we go out to eat or else it’s a disaster. At home it’s much easier to eat the chicken or whatever meat he cooks and substitute his Rice-a-Roni for my veggies or hummus, whatever I’m having. It’s sad to me because I would like to him to live healthier, but I try to lead by example instead of lecture. At least I have him eating fruit ;)

ashley August 2, 2010

That tortilla pie looks amazing! I’ll be trying that in the very
near future. While there aren’t any different food preferences in our household, I am lactose intolerant and my husband is not. He’s learning to live without mozarella and cream and all the other yummy dairy he’s used to.

Angela @ Eat Spin Run Repeat August 2, 2010

That looks delicious! Throughout university I’ve had a total of 5 roommates, and my eating habits have been very different from all of them. The best way to describe it is that they were all “cupboard-people”, and I’m more of a “fridge person” – the majority of their foods were packaged and needed to be stored in the cupboards, whereas mine tend to be a ton of fruit, veg, meats and dairy, and need to be stored in the fridge. Also, all of my past and current roommates are all about convenience, and think it’s odd that I ‘cook real meals’ (which to them usually means something in the oven, or something that actually involves more than 5 mins of preparation) on a regular basis. There’s nothing really annoying about it… just different I guess!

Carrie August 2, 2010

Oh wow! That Mexican Lasagna looks amazing! I all the sudden want to stop my dinner plans just to make this. Absolutely going on my list of “to make” this week.

April @ Crazy Fabulous Life August 2, 2010

Well, I exercise and eat healthy. I’m working on getting over an eating disorder and body image issues and such, so it’s a process. My husband is the exact opposite! It’s pretty..difficult sometimes I think. Mainly because I want him to exercise with me and he wants no part of it!

Nancy @ The Wife of a Dairyman August 2, 2010

I am all for ‘pro-choice’ as well. We have many friends who are vegetarian or vegan even though along with our dairy we raise Natural Beef. My family is a beef eating family and when we have parties at our house, we are sure to have enough vegan and beef choices for everyone to enjoy :)

Tina August 2, 2010

My husband and I have very similar eating habits and preferences, which I’m so thankful for. We both agree we could never give up meat completely, but love venturing into more and more vegetarian type meals. It just started happening without us even realizing it!

And I hate doing yard work. I can handle things inside the house all day long, but yardwork just gets to me.

Jen August 2, 2010

Currently my husband eats what I make for the most part- which has been leaning vegetarian for no particular reason. At one point we actually were making completely seperate meals because he wanted a high protein diet that included meat, and I decided to go a low-calorie route. I guess you could say we’re flexible at life changes.

christina cadden August 2, 2010

Love how your flower beds came out! Very nice and that dinner looks amazing!

Courtney (Delightful Devours) August 2, 2010

My husband and I have VERY different eating habits. I try to eat clean most of the time, but the hubby definitely doesn’t.
He is great however with trying anything “healthy” that I make. He usually ends up loving it too. He just can’t kick his McDonald’s habit though…or that potato chip one :)

Amanda @ Cakes and Ale August 2, 2010

My husband is a total carnivore, but he also respects that I do the cooking and food shopping around here, which means that he eats what I make! So, he ends up eating a vegetarian diet at least 5 days a week, simply because I’m in control of dinners, etc. If you asked him, he probably would claim he’d rather have a burger, but secretly I think he likes eating a clean, healthy, meat-free diet the majority of the time. I know it gives him more energy, and it makes having a special treat on the weekend (like that burger, for instance) all the more enjoyable.

Rachel August 2, 2010

Oh what a touchy subject! My boyfriend will tell anyone that I have completely taken over “his” kitchen, and that there is nothing to eat! He is a part time vegan, he’ll eat what I make him, but as soon as we go out to dinner, fish or chicken appears! Just last night we tried out a new restaurant, and our appetizer came out with cheese on it. I let it slide and picked the cheese off. Then came the dinner, cheese again! I had to send it back. Then he proceeds to ask, “can’t you just get over it and eat the cheese. It won’t kill you.” In my mind I reached across the table and shook him violently! Obviously I just sat and smiled while waiting for the correct meal!

Anna August 2, 2010

My boyfriend and I couldn’t be more different with food – first, I love it, can spent hours in markets, read recipe books in bed etc. He is not interested at all. To him it’s just fuel, not something to be thought over and really enjoyed. I’m vegan, he’s a meat eater. I don’t have any caffeine, carbonated drinks or junk food (though I do have a love for Teddy Grahams) – he lives on Mountain Dew and for the first year we were together would have junk food for every meal. He’s starting to make more healthy changes, and gave up junk food almost completely. I’m looking forward to the day when he eats a piece of fruit or some salad!

Also wanted to say I love your blog and find it so inspirational – I’m an academic researcher too, and after a particularly difficult year professionally and personally and have been trying to reassess my options/choices so it’s great to see the changes you’ve made!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 3, 2010

Thank you Anna!

Maria @ Oh Healthy Day August 2, 2010

My Fiance and I live together and we have slowly adapted to similar eating habits. No one wants to make two dinners (cooking one meal for two is hard enough as it is!) and he usually eats whatever I do, unless its something he doesn’t like, then he goes for a PB&J :) I think as we changed our eating habits to become more healthy, meat just hasn’t been as abundant as it used to be. I think without even realizing it, we’ve cut our meat consumption to about once a day…and surprisingly are really okay with it.

Hayley August 2, 2010

My roommate and I eat in similar ways, but I think living with a friend is way different than living with a boyfriend/husband/significant other, especially since she and I prepare our own meals separately. But we do influence each other.. if I see something delicious-looking on her shelf in the refrigerator, I sometimes go out and buy it for myself the next day. Some sets of roommates I know -always- cook together, but with our schedules I just don’t see how that would work!

Red Head, Yellow Dog August 2, 2010

I live with my boyfriend and he has really reduced the amount of meat and overly processed foods since we moved in together! I’m still trying to get him to live veggies and to eat something besides hot dogs if I don’t cook something for him :) baby steps…

what shoes are you wearing in the garden pics? are they white converse? they look cute!

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 3, 2010

They are Nike Frees from 2008 :) Tks!

Page 1 of 3123»