Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

Hello!

Today has been one busy day…go, go, go. It doesn’t look like I will get a breather until Sunday, so I am going to have to charge up on lots of Green Monsters until then.

I headed out for a quick run on my lunch break today…and boy did I regret waiting that long when I got out there! It was hot and sunny…not a cloud in that sky! My objective today was to play it by ear and see how I felt. If I was too hot, I would come home…if I felt good, I would keep going. I find when you workout outdoors in the summer is it always good to remain flexible!

The run:

• Distance: 4 miles
  • Time: 34:01
  • Avg pace: 8:29 min/mile

Mile Splits:

• Mile 1: 8:59
  • Mile 2: 8:26
  • Mile 3: 8:22
  • Mile 4: 8:07

I was so happy with this run, but boy did I want to get home and shower. Coldish showers after a super hot run are one of my favourite things.

Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

IMG 4594 thumb   Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

Adapted from Sarah’s Cucina Bella.

Ingredients:

• 2-3 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed
  • 2 tsp cold-pressed sunflower oil (or oil of choice)
  • 1-2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions: Preheat oven to 400F. Wash and trim green beans. Place on a baking sheet. Drizzle oil on beans and mix with hands. Next drizzle the vinegar, sea salt, and pepper and mix well with hands. Bake for about 25 minutes until slightly brown ends appear.

Before going into the oven…

IMG 4576 thumb   Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

After about 25 mins:

IMG 4582 thumb   Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

The Apple Cider Vinegar I used:

IMG 4578 thumb   Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

I had the balsamic green beans with couscous and homemade authentic Italian tomato sauce!!!!!

IMG 4520 thumb   Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

Incroyable!

IMG 4588 thumb   Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

Eric was given this sauce in addition to the bounty of veggies from his coworker’s in laws. Apparently they have an entire room full of bottled tomato sauce! LOL. I love it. I really love it. I think I might have to move there.

IMG 4515 thumb   Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

All that is in it is tomatoes, onions, sea salt, herbs, and olive oil. It tastes so authentic…because it is!

I am thinking about asking them for the recipe, but I think it’s one of those things where if they told me they would have to kill me. lol.

These balsamic green beans rocked my socks!!!!

IMG 4590 thumb   Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

I can’t believe I have never cooked them like this before.

IMG 4591 thumb   Easy Roasted Balsamic Green Beans

Crunchy with a hint of salt and vinegar chips! ;)

Tonight, I have about 1 hour’s worth of shipping to do, cleaning, and hopefully read Eat Pray Love! I still have not had a chance to read in almost a week now. Very sad. Last night I was up til midnight replying to emails, but tonight I vow to have some reading time. I miss that book! And our discussions. =)

See you tomorrow morning for my newest quick and easy power snack recipe!

Enjoy your evening!

Courtney (Delightful Devours) July 27, 2010

Power snack recipe you say? I can’t wait. The green beans look delicious

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 27, 2010

If I eat veggies (ok, which is rare) I always roast them in balsamic! It is so delicious. My favorites are red peppers roasted in balsamic. And by favorite I mean I can choke them down with some pasta, bacon or cheese.

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 27, 2010

lol you crack me up! I will have to try the roasted peppers with balsamic

Robyn @ New Every Morning July 27, 2010

For some reason, I feel healthier, just READING your blog. LOL! :)

I will live vicariously through you, while I convert my life to a healthier version of it’s former self. :)

Bridget July 27, 2010

I love a good roasted green bean! Yum :) And there is nothing like homemade tomato sauce. It’s the BEST!! I almost always make my own because most of the sauces that come in the jars are full of high fructose corn syrup – blech :P

I hope you get a chance to read!! You’re a hard workin’ gal who needs some “me” time

*Andrea* July 27, 2010

you are one speedy runner! :) the balsamic green beans look delicious! i love finding inspiration on your blog for ways to eat my veggies in tasty forms

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter July 27, 2010

Your splits always amaze me, but I guess thats what happens when you run a lot! I took a run in the sun and I could only do a 8:40 mile. Just one mile. But then again I’m not used to running in heat!

Stefanie July 27, 2010

Those green beans look really good. Crunchy + salty+ vinegar = perfect. I think even if you got the recipe it wouldn’t be as good. Sometimes when I try to use a recipe it never comes out as good as if the original person made it.

Have a great night. :)

Kaitlin With Honey July 27, 2010

Angela! I just want to copy everything you do! You sure know how to make good food even better.

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies July 27, 2010

Lovin the green beans!!

Callie July 27, 2010

Can’t wait to hear the new recipe! I need a new power snack, my celery sticks dipped in peanut butter just isn’t cutting it anymore.
I’ve never been a green bean, or veggie lover. After reading your blog, I somehow find myself eating more veggies. You make them look too good! lol. :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) July 27, 2010

i love the idea of roasting green beans…how have i not thought about this before? so beautiful!

Annie@stronghealthyfit July 27, 2010

Roasted veggies and balsamic vinegar are two of my favorite things, why have I not heard about this before???! I will be trying this method soon :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 28, 2010

THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica @ Rawtumn July 27, 2010

Love the couscous! I bet you could come up with something similar for the tomato sauce! Homemade is the best! It’s so hard to go back to the canned stuff sometimes.

Casey July 27, 2010

There are few things better than a “coldish” shower after a run in the hot, humid summer weather!

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ July 27, 2010

I love a simple homemade tomato sauce.

Allison @ Food For Healing July 27, 2010

wow that looks so yummy! I love green beans

Lisa (bakebikeblog) July 27, 2010

ooooh what a wonderful way to cook beans! Great job!

diana July 27, 2010

Love the green bean recipe, balsamic is my favorite. … I’m on a Kale kick right now, but when that subsides I’m tring the roasted beans!

Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! July 27, 2010

As a person with a degree in English, I implore to you to make time for reading! It is as necessary as air, water, and Green Monsters ;)

ari July 27, 2010

i’m wondering, do you make a schedule for yourself on the weekdays? you might have done a post on this before but i’m not sure. since you work from home, i feel like you don’t really have a “lunch break”, because you can just go in the kitchen and eat whenever you want! :) so do you make a schedule with a time to wake up, time to start working, lunch break, work, snack, end of work day?
thanks!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 28, 2010

Nope no schedule! I take a break when hunger calls (and when time allows) sometimes it is a 5 min lunch others half hour…just depends on the day.

tanyasDailyProductReviews July 27, 2010

never tried them that way

Holly @ couchpotatoathlete July 27, 2010

I can’t wait for the power snack recipe — just what I need!

I love all of your recipes lately — they are so fresh and really put the spotlight on the veggies, who are the real star!

Rachel July 27, 2010

I just posted my spaghetti sauce recipe on my blog. There are more spices to mine, but if you are interested:

Rachel@Random.Life.Balance.Destiny July 27, 2010

I hope you get time to read tonight. I just bought Eat, Pray, Love and can’t wait to get it started! Unfortunately I have a few others that a friend lent me that I feel I should read first. I also picked up a book called “A Thousand Splendid Suns” by Khaled Hosseini, who wrote The Kite Runner. Someone told me I would cry for days, but that it’s an amazing book – just in case you’re looking for another to read in the future!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss July 27, 2010

Mmmm I love garlic beans! We have them every Thanksgiving! :D

Alexa July 27, 2010

So believe it or not I have never had roasted veggies before!! Only potatoes, but never like what you’ve been making the past week and they look SO easy and delicious. I can’t wait to try ;)

chelsey July 27, 2010

I just roasted green beans for the very first time the other night!!! mm they were delish!

Faith @ LovelyAsCharged July 27, 2010

Mmm! I have plans for a veggie roast for dinner tomorrow – balsamic will definitely be making an appearance!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie July 27, 2010

Those beans look incredible! I LOVE green beans. When I was growing up we had a huge garden and always grew green beans and I would just walk down a row and eat them raw straight from the plant.

Cynthia July 27, 2010

I love green beans and I’m going to try this new recipe tomorrow instead of my normal steamed.

Tina July 27, 2010

I love doing a balsamic glaze on green beans, but never roasted them. Looks great.

And what a great way to approach a workout.

Allie July 27, 2010

Can we take a trip to the tomato sauce room!? I would be in heaven! I eat the stuff like soup :) and real authentic sauce, oh my gosh!

Pam July 27, 2010

I’m so glad you posted this recipe. It would’ve NEVER occurred to me to eat green beans like this. Even though I eat mostly raw vegan, I have a few favorite cooked veggie dishes (Brendan Brazier’s yam fries, for instance. Or gobs of sauteed onions). This is right up my alley! I’ve been avoiding green beans because I don’t like them raw. I’m looking to broaden the cooked repertoire for the cold months, too…hopefully I’ll love this and be adding it to the list.

Rachel@SmileOutLoud July 27, 2010

ohh can’t wait for your easy power snack recipe tomorrow! I’m such a snacker… hehe :D

Wei-Wei July 28, 2010

Balsamic is so tasty! I have two (!!) bottles of aged from Switzerland that desperately need using up. I think roasting with veggies is perfect ;)

Wei-Wei

Mimi July 28, 2010

You are a speed demon! I don’t run that fast in the best of condition, let alone during the hottest part of day in the hottest part of the year!

I love green beans and balsamic vinegar, so that sounds like a match made in culinary heaven.

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear July 28, 2010

I would love that tomato sauce!

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs July 28, 2010

Genius idea! I’m a bean hater, but roasted…why haven’t I thought of that!? I can eat any veg roasted!!
You are speedy too, great splits :)

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) July 28, 2010

I am literally drooling! Mix balsamic with green beans and I can seriously eat like 5 pounds worth. Same goes for asparagus and balsamic. SO GOOD!

ps. I love your color scheme!!

JL Goes Vegan July 28, 2010

Love roasted veggies but haven’t tried green beans. Great recipe! Have you tried coconut water vinegar? I just got some in the mail and for some reason that sounds good with green beans. Will have to try it!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 28, 2010

No I havent ever heard of it before!

Page 1 of 212»