Rawlicious

Good evening morning! I am writing this post at 12:15am. Am I dedicated, crazy, or just really excited to tell you about my fun evening? I’ll let you decide…  :biggrin:

As part of this week’s checklist, I decided that I need more downtime in the evenings…

I put together an impromptu night out and 10 of us met late this evening at Rawlicious in Toronto. A couple of the ladies had already been before and told me that I must try it out at once!

A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do…

IMG 2480 thumb   Rawlicious

“Rawlicious is a totally raw, vegan cafe. We strive to serve healthy delicious food in a comfortable atmosphere … with a dash of inspiration. There is no wheat, no meat, no dairy nor refined sugar in anything served.”

From the moment I stood in front of Rawlicious, I knew this was a restaurant that did it right

It was oozing with character, ambiance, warmth, and health. (Yes, it glowed!!!) They crossed their t’s and dotted their i’s.

It is all about the attention to detail in a restaurant and I was excited from the moment I walked into the door.

I will let the pictures tell a thousand words…

IMG 2463 thumb   Rawlicious

kitchen thumb   RawliciousIMG 2481 thumb   Rawlicious IMG 2381 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2382 thumb   Rawlicious IMG 2383 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2390 thumb   Rawlicious IMG 2461 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2464 thumb   Rawlicious IMG 2479 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2465 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2466 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2471 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2472 thumb   Rawlicious

Cutie Callie!

IMG 2473 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2475 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2476 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2477 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2401 thumb   Rawlicious

Now this is what I’m talking about!!!! I have been waiting for a restaurant like this to tell you about.

It has a warm, inviting, and breath-taking atmosphere. You feel all warm and fuzzy just being inside the restaurant. You want to hug a tree.

Girlfriends Jessica, Kristin, Sarah, Susan, Jess, Jenn, Callie, and Laura were all there to join in on the fun!

IMG 2394 thumb   Rawlicious

I booked the ‘Zen Den’ tonight and it was so amazing! A low table complete with a ton of beautiful cushions, candles, low lighting, art work, etc. It is a private, serene, and peaceful room to enjoy great company and food!

IMG 2398 thumb   Rawlicious

Action shots!

IMG 2415 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2417 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2446 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2447 thumb   Rawlicious

I started with the Lean Green juice made up of Celery, Cucumber, Spinach, Kale + I added Spirulina.

IMG 2402 thumb   Rawlicious

Finally the green juice that I dreamed and hoped for!!!

Mmmmm. It was awesome and made fresh. The only way it should be!

We all split the Nacho Platter for an appetizer – the classic trio of Guacamole, “Sour Cream” & Salsa served with sliced green olives, green onions, hot banana peppers and a pile of Rawlicious Nacho Chips.

IMG 2414 thumb   Rawlicious

IMG 2411 thumb   Rawlicious

All three were superb. The raw sour cream was exceptionally tasty! We think it was a mix of cashews, lemon, garlic, and tahini (but we were just guessing!).

IMG 2412 thumb   Rawlicious

The Rawlicious Nacho Chips were INCREDIBLE!

IMG 2419 thumb   Rawlicious

Tonight I was careful not to overdo it on nut-based foods. My stomach is very sensitive to nuts and if I eat too many I get terrible pains.

Keeping this in mind, I chose the Rawitch which is made up of Fresh veggies & sprouts with guacamole piled high on Onion Bread.

It sounded perfect…and it WAS!

IMG 2421 thumb   Rawlicious

I also got a salad on the side with their balsamic vinaigrette. The salad was awesome too!

IMG 2431 thumb   Rawlicious

The Rawitch in all it’s glory…

IMG 2433 thumb   Rawlicious

These pictures really don’t do this rawitch justice. It was probably one of the best sandwiches I have ever had in my life!

IMG 2438 thumb   Rawlicious

I was so full I had to save half and bring a doggie bag home. I cannot wait for lunch tomorrow!  :biggrin:

Then we all split the raw brownie with icing

IMG 2445 thumb   Rawlicious

Oh. Dear. Me.

Words cannot explain the taste of this brownie. It was perfection.

I also ordered a David’s Tea ‘Exotica’ to end the evening…

IMG 2453 thumb   Rawlicious

What an amazing night, amazing company, and amazing food. Every single one of us raved about what we ordered and all of us want to go back ASAP.

Other entrees:

Collard wrap…

IMG 2427 thumb   Rawlicious

Zucchini spaghetti…

IMG 2430 thumb   Rawlicious

There was also an amazing pizza, but my picture didn’t turn out so hot! I will definitely be ordering it in the near future.

We had such a blast tonight. Thanks to all the ladies for coming out!

Jenn + Jess [They just did an intense Booty Camp Fitness class before arriving!]

IMG 2442 thumb   Rawlicious

Callie, Laura, Kristin:

IMG 2458 thumb   Rawlicious

Sarah, Susan, Jessica:

IMG 2459 thumb   Rawlicious

Thank you to the amazing staff at Rawlicious too. They treated us like queens all night long!

IMG 2469 thumb   Rawlicious

I have not had better service anywhere in Toronto. If you are in the area you should stop by for a meal. You will not regret it!

And I always support a thumbs up.

IMG 2468 thumb   Rawlicious

I think I have a new favourite restaurant.  :biggrin:

Well, this girl is off to bed to dream of Rawlicious brownies. Night!

Lauren M. July 14, 2010

Oh goodness. You have me drooling and wishing I did not live so far away in California. :(

Kelsey (Nourishing Noshes) July 14, 2010

Oh, I am so jealous! I wish there were restaurants around here that offered Raw/Vegan food!

Laura (Starloz) July 14, 2010

I cant believe how perfect Toronto sounds. All these perfect markets & healthy restaurants.
I’m definitely adding Toronto to my next travels.

I’m going to explore Sydney some more, I need to find hidden treasures!

Lalla July 14, 2010

Oh, I am so jealous! If I want to eat in Restaurants that offer (tasty) Raw/Vegan food I have to go to big cities as Zurich or Genève! (3 to 5h with train) :(
I wish there were restaurants around here that offered that food! And I would like to give a bite to the cake!! ;) hehehe

nicole Slater July 14, 2010

OOO yum! I wish that we had a raw resturant where I live! The closest would be Portland… which is 6 hours away. Only me and my kitchen in this area. =)
The food looks absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Nikki T July 14, 2010

Oooo, you’re the first one I’ve seen with the same name as me! Well…before I got married I was Nicole Slater :)

sarah July 14, 2010

Wow, that is so amazing!
I shall save up for my summer holidays and take a trip to toronto Canada and experience that awesome restaurant.
Angela you pictures look fantastic and I love all the action pics too.
You girls look amazing!!^^
Have a good rest!!

Freya @ Brit Chick Runs July 14, 2010

One of your waitresses totally looked like Katie Holmes!
I am sooo jealous of your meal though, it sounds amazing! I’m trying to persuade my mum to eat with ,me at the raw food cafe in London Whole Foods…she’s not keen!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope July 14, 2010

holy crap, that was going to be my comment! She totally did in that first photo.

Kerry July 14, 2010

This looks like an amazing restaurant! The atmosphere looks great, i love restaurants like this! Great thats it’s all vegan as well, we have none of them over here! xx

Bethany @ More Fruit Please July 14, 2010

So happy that you had a fun night out with the girls! It looks fabulous!!

Marijke July 14, 2010

I also thought one of the girls looked like Katie Holmes!

Inspired by your obsession with all-that-is-healthy, I made my first ever Green Monster this morning! It was a little on the thick side but I enjoyed it and look forward to experimenting with different ingredients! My fiancé was not overly keen but I think it was the texture of the drink that he was opposed to… I’m making it my mission to get him to enjoy these GMs!!!

Sasha July 14, 2010

Hurray for your downtime! It’s always so relaxing and fun to get together with girlfriends.
And what a restaurant! LOVED the ambience…very Indian what with the elephant and silk cushions etc.,
The food sounds and looks amazing too. So happy you found a new favourite restaurant :)

Stacey @ Tipping the (Kitchen!) Scales July 14, 2010

Wow, it’s all been about the blogger meet-ups recently! That restaurant looks absolutely awesome and the food looks fab-o. Glad you guys enjoyed it!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is July 14, 2010

Wow that meetup looks amazing! And the food looks incredible!

Jenn @ So Very Fabulous July 14, 2010

WOW, everything looks amazing! I’m sad I couldn’t make it out last night. Looks like everyone had a blast, not to mention all the yummy food!

I’m definitely going to have to put this on my list of places to try. :)

Tea Bag July 14, 2010

Haha! I used to be the baker/dessert chef at an organic cafe in San Francisco that did a lot of vegan & raw foods. Your post gave me flashbacks of cracking endless amounts of coconuts! I’d have to crack them and then scrape the meat out to use as binders for my raspberry pies. A lot of work!!! But it was worth it because the owner let us cooks have the fresh coconut water!!! A delicious and nutrtionally beneficial beverage!

Katie July 14, 2010

Wow this place is so cute and all the food looks amazing!!! After you saying amazing things about your meal, Im ready to jump on a plane and go there!!! Looks so yum! The brownie looks delish too, I would want one all to myself!

Blogger meetups look so fun, I hope to do one soon!!!

Have a great day Angela!

Amy July 14, 2010

Holy yum! Absolutely everything looked delicious!

Danielle @ Body By Nature July 14, 2010

Wow, this place looks great! And the food…YUMMY!

Courtney @ Three Months July 14, 2010

Rawlicious looks like so much fun! I’m glad you got to spend time with friends – always good for the soul! :)

Diana @ frontyardfoodie July 14, 2010

I have been dying for a place like this to come to my city! I guess I’ll just have to visit other ones or drool over your photos. hehe

Adrienne July 14, 2010

I need that brownie immdeiately!! What’s the address??

Therese July 14, 2010

Ack! So wish I could’ve been there! I was stuck in a computer lab all night! Boo!!!

Definitely going to have to check Rawlicious out. Of course, I could always try and pull your arm to go again maybe? :P

Jess @ Jessica is Getting Fit July 14, 2010

That collard wrap looks REALLY good! Yum!

chelsey July 14, 2010

what beautiful ladies you were with last night! as always, i’m loving your ‘fit – i always try to do scarves in the summer, but get way too warm.

i think i need to visit Toronto just for that restaurant. Not. Even. Joking.

That looks soooooo good!!!!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday July 14, 2010

That’s quite the review! I’ll have to go there sometime :D

Rhea (Greek Feaster) July 14, 2010

I maintain that there are few greater satisfactions in life than finding a really great restaurant. The best sort is when you can’t decide what to get because what you had last time was SO GOOD and everything else on the menu looks INCREDIBLE.
I love the colors at the restaurant, they did a great job cozying it up. It almost reminds me of a chic hobbit’s den!
Glad you had a fun night. Have a great day!

Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny Jeans July 14, 2010

Thanks for adding another restaurant to my “must visit soon!” list.

Christina July 14, 2010

Everything from the food to the ambiance to you lovely ladies looks fantastic! This place is on my list of places to try, I’m so glad you had a great time!

Michelle July 14, 2010

What an awesome looking place. I wish we had a place like that here in the south. If I ever make it to Toronto, I’m there! :o)

rachel July 14, 2010

that place and the food look AMAZING. i would love to visit that place. you all look like you had such a great time :)

Allison @ Food For Healing July 14, 2010

oh man i wish we had something like that here!! that would be so amazing to try. and plus the atmosphere just looks awesome

Annie@stronghealthyfit July 14, 2010

Wow, I wish I had something like that in my area!

Jessica Muhlbier July 14, 2010

Great photos Angela! I am so glad we were all able to go =) It was delish and I had a blast. Glad you love Rawlicious just as much as I do ;)

alyce July 14, 2010

ooh! A raw restaurant opened here recently, now I’m even more excited to check it out!

Alexis @ Mission: Ambition July 14, 2010

That place looks AWESOME! I wish we had places like that here, but Ohio just doesn’t have many options, lol. Your sandwich looks so delicious…isn’t it the best when you have something that awesome waiting for you for lunch? Enjoy!

Krystina July 14, 2010

That place looks amazing! I might be getting something similar to that sandwich at a raw restaurant tonight :D

Tiffany July 14, 2010

Hey Angela,
I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and I love everything you have to say. You inspire me. I recently started running and I feel amazing, you motivate me to do it and believe that I can even when it feels hard. My farthest run has been 3.75 miles and I just started almost 1 month ago. I am excited to see what this body of mine can do! Also, I am loving your recipes. We (my husband and 2 girls) had the speed it up spinach and chickpeas the other night and it was fantastic. Also loving on the banana soft serve.
Keep on doing what you are doing! Just sending you some love.

Tiffany

Bella (Stilettos on the Streetcar) July 14, 2010

Last night was wonderful! Thanks for arranging it. The atmosphere was amazing. The company was fantastic. The food was delicious. A perfect night.

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman July 14, 2010

Talk about making up for a bad meal…this is the way to rebound! I love the interior; it’s so comfortable-looking. The food looks great too!

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies July 14, 2010

That sandwich looks incredible – as does the entire restaurant. I’d go there in a heartbeat, if it was closer! :-)

Page 1 of 3123»