If I Were A Glo Bar

Almost ready to roll!

IMG_9876

Despite my lack of sleep and marathon baking day, I had a kick bootay Brick Workout on my lunch break. I could have easily skipped this workout like I skipped yesterday’s workout, but something told me that if I worked out today, I would reap the benefits all day long. When you are running on 4 hours sleep, sometimes a good workout is all you need to set you back on the right foot. Today was one of those days. Yesterday was not. You win some, you lose some!

I headed out for my Brick workout before lunch. I find that if I have lunch before a run my stomach is not a happy camper. Also, during my workout I can think about lunch and this motivates me to run faster! :lol: It’s a win win.

Leg 1: The RUN:

My goal was to maintain around an 8:40 min/mile pace. I am preparing for my 5-miler race next Wednesday so I am trying to work on my speed.

• Distance: 4 miles
  • Time: 34:12
  • Avg Pace: 8:33 min/mile
  • Avg heart rate: 167 bpm
  • Max heart rate: 183 bpm (going up a hill)

Mile Splits:

• Mile 1: 8:42
  • Mile 2: 8:24
  • Mile 3: 8:46
  • Mile 4: 8:19

I was happy to see that my last mile was my quickest! I have been trying to end strong on my runs lately. For so long all I did was fizzle out to a slow dying crawl near the end of runs. I want to break that habit.

IMG_1519  IMG_1518

I wore my lovely new Ultra Light Cap that Pearl Izumi sent me. I LOVE THIS HAT! It is so nice to wear a hat that breathes. It’s cute too!

Leg 2: The BIKE:

I was tempted to go inside after my run, but I kept my eye on the prize (triathlon!). My transition was about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I had to fill up my Camelbak again!

• Distance: 3 miles
  • Time: 16:25 mins
  • Max heart rate: 166 bpm (up a hill)
  • Avg heart rate: 151 bpm

My leg muscles were feeling this bike ride! Luckily 3 miles goes by super fast on a bike.

I came home and did Polly’s Yoga for Runners video. It is just 10 minutes and I think that is the only way I can stick with a good yoga/stretching session immediately after a workout. Anything longer and I will give up and go eat/shower. I felt so good afterwards and I had much more energy in the afternoon than I had in the morning.

The day was majorly productive and I feel much more in control about the market open tomorrow.

Eric treated me to a delicious dinner tonight.

IMG_9840 IMG_9843

His amazing salad contained: Romaine, tomatoes, carrots, green onion, avocado, 1.5 cups black beans, hummus, sea salt, better than balsamic dressing, black pepper.

IMG_9841

It was sooooooooooooooooooooo freakin’ awesome.

IMG_9842

On the side he served me two slices of thick whole wheat bread spread with Earth Balance.

IMG_9844

Dessert was a BERRY BOWL!

IMG_9462

I debated serving it with Banana Soft Serve, but I really could not bring myself to wash another dish today. Berry Bowl it was. I also had about 6 gazillion Glo Dough’s as I was testing a new peanut butter flavour. I ended up rejecting it in the end because I didn’t have enough time to really get it exactly right, so I am sticking with the choc. chip cookie dough tomorrow!

I have some last minute things to prepare and then Eric and I are going to pack what we can into the car and put everything by the door for a quick exit tomorrow morning.

IMG_9864

IMG_9857

Sign teaser!

IMG_9858

Look at the awesome Glo Bar poem OSGMOM wrote for the Farmer’s Market!!

IMG_9879

It prompted me to Tweet this:

twitter

:lol:

Aren’t moms the best?

1 Coco @ Opera Girl Cooks June 18, 2010

Cute hat! Looks perfect for summer.

2 Bethany @ More Fruit Please June 18, 2010

I LOVE the poem! I think it will add a nice personal touch at the market. And I’m loving the logo! The color and heart would definitely have me coming over to your stand!

3 Miranda @MirandasJeans June 18, 2010

I am very excited for you tomorrow. It’s been such a big build up, all culminationg to tomorrow morning! :-) good luck, you’ll be sold out in no time, no doubt

4 Lisa June 18, 2010

I love my Pearl hat! It’s feels great and breathes. Mine is neon yellow–not the most attractive but it is reflective!

5 Camille June 18, 2010

I’m glad you made it through today and even fit a workout in!
Lunch looks fabulous!

6 MarathonVal June 18, 2010

Those packed up baskets look adorable…that poem is so sweet… overall, everything looks great and I know it will go great! :)

7 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) June 18, 2010

Ahhh the day is finally almost here!! I hope you have a blast at the Farmers’ Market and sell out!!!! Wahoo…now go get some precious beauty rest darling!

8 Jodie June 18, 2010

Beautiful poem. Doesn’t dinner always taste better when someone else makes it???:)

9 Jenny June 18, 2010

Congrats on the success of your business! It’s amazing and you deserve it!

10 Carly @ Happy Healthy Foodie June 18, 2010

Oh my goodness that poem is awesome! SO cute :)

11 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter June 18, 2010

Awww that poem is so cute! What a supportive family you have :)

12 Bree June 18, 2010

Good luck at the market! Your mom’s poem is amazing!

13 Wfloyd June 18, 2010

I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow at the farmer’s market – you’ll do wonderfully and if I lived closer, I’d be high tailing it over there to offer my support in person!

14 Kellie June 18, 2010

great workout on 4 hours of sleep. You are right though, sometimes a good workout makes things all better.

15 Callie June 18, 2010

Love that poem. :)
Have fun at the farmers market! And get some sleep.

16 Sarah for Real June 18, 2010

I wanted to tell you how incredible I think it is that you are starting this farmer’s market with a full, professional set-up. Everything looks gorgeous! Like you’re an old pro and have been selling at farmer’s markets for decades.

Your dedication to your business is nothing short of incredible and I wish I had the same self discipline. You are so inspiring in many ways but this professional drive is most impressive to me.

Good luck tomorrow and I know you’ll knock their socks off!

17 Sarah June 18, 2010

Major props on the hardcore workout!!

Gooooood luck tomorrow :)

And mothers are fantastic.

18 Christina @ A Beautiful Mess June 18, 2010

awww what a sweet mom you have… good luck tomorrow, I hope it goes well!

19 Kristie June 18, 2010

I have that same hat and love it! Wish it could give me the crazy speed that you have ;).

20 Amy @ be.you.ti.fully a.musing June 18, 2010

OMG! Cute poem!!! Can’t wait to hear all about the Farmer’s Market. :)

21 Brittany June 18, 2010

Your mom’s poem is the sweetest!

Best of luck tomorrow at the Farmer’s Market. I’m sure the Glo Bars are going to be BIG hit. Wish I lived in the area so I could come try them for myself!

22 Maria June 18, 2010

I think I once read that OSG Mom reads all the comments, so…

OSG Mom: your poem is adorable! We can definitely see where Angela gets her creativity from.

Best of luck at the Farmer’s Market – I know if I lived anywhere near there, I’d be running toward the Glo Bar booth!

23 Kristina June 18, 2010

aww, so sweet :) YES, moms are the best… I spent the day with mine – we always have the best time.

sending good vibes and success for your Farmers Market Premiere!! :) have a fabulous time!

24 Mary June 18, 2010

I LOVE that poem!! so cute.

25 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) June 18, 2010

Aww, what a cute poem your mom wrote! Looks like you’re all ready to go tomorrow, Good luck!!

xo
Kris

26 Pure2raw twins June 18, 2010

You are going to ROCK your farmers market!!!!

Wishing you all the success…your locals are so lucky to have you there!!

27 schmei June 18, 2010

New reader and first-time commenter here: A friend of mine just recommended the Green Monster and I tried it for the first time this morning and LOVED it. I wanted to learn more about you and just devoured your 9-part series about quitting your awful job.

I’m standing at something of a crossroads in my own career, and I can’t explain how much you just inspired me to seek out what I LOVE, rather than what’s just secure.

I’m wishing you all the best at the Farmer’s Market tomorrow. Your setup looks great! You’ve poured so much in to this and you deserve every success. Best of luck!

28 schmei June 18, 2010

Also- I’m training for my first sprint tri and you are friggin’ FAST, girl! Amazing brick workout!

29 Carolyn @ lovinlosing June 18, 2010

My triathlon is 3 weeks away so tomorrow (as soon as my aero bars arrive in the mail) I’m going to do a mini triathlon. Swim then drive somewhere else and bike and run. :)

30 Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 18, 2010

Good job getting the brick workout in despite the lack of sleep! And this is random..but that big blob of hummus looks great on the salad. I just bought some hummus today and love it!!!! haha, have a good day at the market tomorrow! :D

31 Heather (Heather's Dish) June 18, 2010

ooooooooh, i can’t wait to see all the photos from the farmer’s market!!! you are so prepared and it all looks so wonderful :) i’ll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way!

32 lindsay June 18, 2010

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW~ I know you’ll sell out fast. Can’t wait to hear how it all goes.
Cheers!
LC

33 Amber K June 18, 2010

Such a sweet poem! Good luck tomorrow. I hope the people that show up realize how lucky they are!

34 Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ June 18, 2010

Best of luck, have fun. :) :)

35 Shanna @ Shanna Like Banana June 18, 2010

Best of luck tomorrow Angela! Farmer’s markets are the best and I’m sure your stand will SHINE!

36 Bianka June 18, 2010

That poem is so freakin adorable. You have an awesome mommy :)

37 courtney June 18, 2010

Good luck tomorrow! And tell your mom the poem rocks :)

38 Jackie (Peaces of Earth) June 18, 2010

That is the cutest poem EVER!! I’m so excited for you. I have dreams of a stand at the farmer’s market. Have so much fun and sell out!! If you don’t, you can always send them my way. ;-)

39 Holly June 18, 2010

Good luck tomorrow!!

40 Wei-Wei June 18, 2010

Awesome poem! It’s so awesomely cool that you’re going to be at a farmer’s market! If I was there I’d definitely hit up your stand for a chat! It would be truly awesome to meet you. It looks like you’re very well prepared; good luck tomorrow! :)

Wei-Wei

41 jenny (Green Food Diaries) June 18, 2010

love the poem… you’re awesome, OSGMOM!

42 Ashley June 18, 2010

I hope you can sleep tonight!! I am so glad you had a productive day :) The sign looks fabulous…I can’t believe your speeeedy run…I looove pearl izumi….amaaaazing poem from mom!! Have fun tomorrow and then come home and NAP! xo

43 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] June 19, 2010

I wish you the best of luck tomorrow!!! I think that poem needs to be framed in your kitchen : )

44 Amanda June 19, 2010

I definitely cannot eat anything sizable before I run! I get heartburn or stomach cramps or a stitch in my side ….. it really sucks!

I love that poem, it’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever read!

45 Little Bookworm June 19, 2010

Love the poem about Glo-bars! :)

46 Christina June 19, 2010

Awwww your Mom is great! What a cute poem!!!

47 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 19, 2010

Aw I love that poem. Your mom is so sweet! :)

48 Therese June 19, 2010

I love Polly’s yoga video! I’ve done it several times and it always works out great!

What a wonderful poem and so sweet of your Mom!

Have a great first day at the market!!! I’m sure you’ll sell right out!

49 Tammy June 19, 2010

I wish you could come to our Farmer’s Market! Good luck!

50 Laura June 19, 2010

What’s the chance of getting a recipe for glo dough? I live in NY and I’ll never make it to your farmer’s market, but they sound AMAZING. Peanut Butter? Gotta have it!

51 Ashley June 19, 2010

You’re going to be amazing and everyone will fall in love with your bars! You’re going to be a smashing success! Hope you enjoy it! :)

52 Marissa June 19, 2010

you are amazing, seriously super happy I read a magazine with your blog featured. I am going to steal so many of your recipes for my fast pace work days!!!

Sending love and thankfulness to you!!!

xoxo Marissa

53 Triathlonbabe aka Grace June 20, 2010

How sweet of Eric to continue helping you out through this busy time by cooking up special stuff just for you! The berry bowl looks absolutely gorgeous. OMG, the poem, how sweet is that of OSGMOM!!!

Can’t wait to try out your Glo-Dough, are you going to market those out on-line as well?

54 Lauren June 20, 2010

LOVE your Mom’s poem! She is a poet!! ;P And yes, Mom’s are THE BEST!!!

55 Paige B April 6, 2016

Angela, I must say you are truly my Idol!

I know this is a lot to ask – but I know you have sold your products at farmer’s markets in the past and was hoping you could answer a few questions for me!

I want to sell some of my baking to raise money for cancer research as a business over the summer. I was curious what steps you had to take? If you needed insurance, and to get any certifications?

Keep on glowing! <3 THANKS!

56 Angela Liddon April 15, 2016

Hi Paige, that’s such a wonderful idea. I had to get my kitchen inspected, I registered my business with the government, and I got business insurance, among other things. My advice is to check with your municipality as each area operates differently. Hope this helps, and good luck!