Sprint To The Finish

Greetings!

I deemed today the fastest. day. ever. I’m not even joking around here, today felt like 90 minutes, if that! Don’t you find that the days you want to go by slowly (aka: you have too much to get done) always go by the quickest? What gives!

So yes, today was a bit crazy. I tried to keep my cool, but I will tell you that my female hormones were not on my side today…or for the past week… as my husband might verify… :blink:

But, my eye was on the prize my friends..the prize of a magical day off tomorrow with my special visitor who is arriving tonight at precisely a freckle past a hair.

Dinner must be consumed no matter how busy one may be!

Zucchini + EVOO + sea salt + gound black pepper =

IMG_9054

You may rest in peace tonight because my zucchini isn’t naked this time.

Couscous.

IMG_9062 (2)

I somehow forgot about the 25 pound pail of couscous I have in the house (I buy a lot of my food in bulk)…so I decided to have a couscous feast. Fluffy ivory clouds kissed by the heavens, that’s what couscous is made of.

I added some jacked up pasta sauce which was 1 bottle pasta sauce + a few processed carrots, red pepper, garlic scapes + more seasonings.

IMG_9064

Mix!

IMG_9065

More sea salt.

Time for some black beans to enter this party.

IMG_9057

IMG_9066

Piece a cake!

IMG_9068 (2)

IMG_9071 (2)

IMG_9072 (2)

IMG_9075

It was pretty amazing I must say.

Sprint Triathlon Training Plan

I recently announced that Eric and I will be participating in another Try-a-tri race on July 18th and I also hope to do my first Sprint Triathlon on Sept 5th (pending my training for the open-water swim goes well).

I hoped to have my training plan ready by tonight, but that didn’t fully happen, however I do have Week 1 all set which began yesterday with my 5-mile run.

I hope to have the following per week:

• 1 long run
  • 1 long bike
  • 2 swims (some open-water swims mixed in here and there)
  • 1 Brick Workout (shorter bike + run)
  • 1 Strength workout (most likely my Booty Camp Fitness DVD)
  • Minimum 1 rest day a week, more if necessary

I am also going to participate in a Women’s Triathlon Clinic on the evening of July 13th that will focus on open-water swim technique.

I will be working on my training plan over the next week, but for now you can check it out here. I will also be talking more about how I plan on fitting in my training with a busy schedule. It should be a busy summer!

Have a great night!

Page 2 of 2«12
Victoria June 16, 2010

The dinner looks lovely. I haven’t quite hit it off with cous cous but maybe I need to give it another chance :) Your blog is literally all I need to make me want to eat veggies and go out for a run! It’s better than a personal trainer any day! ha.

xx

Sara June 16, 2010

Does Eric eat the dinners you make (which always look sooo good)? My boyfriend is very meat-and-potatoes, so we never eat the same thing, which actually bothers him.

Jessica June 15, 2010

Your couscous looked so good, I had to make it tonight!! I loved that it was quick to make, and it tasted so good (why didn’t I think of adding tomato sauce to couscous before now??). I will definitely be making this one again!

Nicole June 15, 2010

Oh wow. That dinner looks so good that I might actually have to make it for myself. I’m such a picky eater and I’m usually too lazy to cook after a long day at work and school but this looks like pure deliciousness.

Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker June 15, 2010

Ahhhh! Ashley is the BEST! Her nut butters are amazing, and she’s just so funny. Hope you two are having a blast :)

Natasha June 15, 2010

Hi Angela!

Just wondering where abouts you get your Amazing Grass products? I ordered, and LOVE, the chocolate protein powder, but I ordered it through the States (yikes customs). :(

Is that your fav protein powder??

Jessica June 15, 2010

I. love. couscous.
Your dinner looks fantastic!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter June 15, 2010

Your dinner looks so awesome! I’ve always admired the plates you are serving on.

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 15, 2010

That’s so awesome that you guys are doing another tri together! Training is so much easier when you have a partner to motivate you!

Love the dinner. You always have the best ideas for kicking grain dishes up a notch. :)

jassy June 15, 2010

just do what you love because when winter comes you won’t be able to do them…:)

enjoy life and enjoy summer!:)

Tyffanie June 15, 2010

Angela–
I just wanted to let you know that I made my first Green Monster last night and loved it!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I blogged about it today too(http://lachilenguita.blogspot.com/2010/06/green-monster-me.html)!

Andrea @ Sweet N Green June 15, 2010

That couscous looks amazing!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing June 15, 2010

The BEST kind of dinner….quick, healthy and super tasty! It just goes to show how little time really has to go into making a balanced meal.

Kittie June 15, 2010

That dinner looks fantastic! I love couscous, I have a big ol’ tub of it that I keep forgetting about. Thanks for reminding me!