Are You A Nature Girl?

Good evening!

I’m not sure about you, but today has flown by for me. My in laws were here today and Eric was also working from home, so we had a full house! I still have a lot of work to get caught up on tonight. My MIL was off to Ireland this afternoon to meet her brothers for an Ireland-Spain road trip. I attempted to hide in her suitcase, but unfortunately she is an over-packer much like her daughter-in-law…

She was SO proud to show me one of her purchases for her trip from a store called Ricki’s

Rickis_general_apparel_9117ht9657_21080_02

She knows how much I love lace and detailed-backs on tops. We actually have a very similar style…we are always complimenting each other on each other’s clothing! One thing she got me hooked on are brightly coloured scarves…I never used to wear them and now I always do. They are a great way to accent clothing or spruce up an outfit.

For dinner, Eric and I threw together a huge salad. We realized that it is our CSA pick-up tonight (Week 2!) and we still have a lot of veggies to plough through! We managed to demolish about 75% of our produce in these salads. Not bad!

IMG_8922

This was one of the best salads…wait, I said that last time. :lol: They are ALL amazing, I will just leave it at that!

IMG_8926

In this huuuuge salad contained: 1.5 organic romaine hearts, 1 small avocado, 1 tomato, 1/2 cup leftover stir-fry veggies, 3/4 cup lentils mixed in pasta sauce (on bottom), 3-4 tbsp of my better than bottled balsamic vinaigrette (obsessed!!), sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.

IMG_8930 (3)

A little tidbit about Eric- he used to only eat Caesar salad when I first met him 10 years ago, but he has developed a love for all kinds of salads now. Sometimes we have to fight over the last of the lettuce!

For dessert, some dark chocolate

IMG_8984

I LOVE this chocolate!!! I may have snuck another square when I was putting it away… :whistle: Cannot stop eating it.

IMG_8822

Some backyard photography ensued..

IMG_8931

IMG_8936

Nature makes my heart go a flutter.

IMG_8938

Don’t these pictures just make you want to go camping??

IMG_8939

IMG_8941

Swoon.

IMG_8943

Health News Round Up

Spotted:

Tonight’s question- Are you a nature girl? Do you like to go camping? Any camping stories/tips to share?

I am a huge nature girl! I feel like I am in my element when I am in nature. That is why living in the big city for 2 years didn’t really mesh with my personality. Eric is the same way. I’m on the fence with camping…I have only been a couple times (we don’t own tents) so I don’t really know HOW to camp. I feel like I need a tutorial…I wouldn’t know what to bring or what food to pack. Might make for an interesting blog post though! :biggrin:

When my best friend and I were young (grades 7-9 mostly), we used to camp in my backyard. We would pack all kinds of food (enough for a week!), grab our flashlights, and then put a super-powerful trinket lock on the tent. One time we woke up to a crazy pheasant trying to get into our tent! That was the end of that!

We are off to pick up our CSA box!

1 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 9, 2010

I absolutely love nature because it is FREE. If you go to my blog, over the last month, I’ve visited a couple of nature parks and sanctuaries, all for free and they are beautiful. I have never been real camping (does a tent in the backyard at age 10 count?). not because i’m opposed, just haven’t been.
I would love to go camping once the summer heat calms down. Apparently florida has some good camp sites, too.

2 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty June 9, 2010

Yah for being a Nature girl. I am too 100%, I love camping, although I have moved up from a tent now – I like campers!! ahha but I do love being out there!! So fun1

3 Dorry June 9, 2010

I love nature more and more the older I get! We went camping in Big Sur at the beginning of May and it was incredible. I love your comment about Eric and Caesar salad – my fiance is the exact same way! In the 1.5 years we’ve been together, I’ve opened his eyes to all types of salads. Now one of his favorite places is the Whole Foods salad bar!

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

ohh Ive heard that Big Sur is SO gorgeous! I’d love to go someday.

5 Lisa June 9, 2010

I love camping! My favorite camping trip was when I took a road trip out to Montana to visit a friend. We went camping literally in the middle of nowhere. We had a lake all to ourselves, ate and hung out. It was fun!

6 Bethany @ More Fruit Please June 9, 2010

I LOVE the outdoors, but am not a huge fan of camping! I think my biggest problem is how I’m always left smelling smokey from a camp fire! Oh, and I have to let my hair go natural!

7 Kristina June 9, 2010

I *LOVE* camping (my tent has a porch – ha!). I don’t know if I have any tips, except pack light if you are hiking / backpacking. You only make THAT mistake once, ahem.

Jason and I lived in the noisy city in a (really awesome) buzz-entry building for three (long) years. Now we are out on 2 acres with a golf course on the other side. ahh, pure bliss and QUIET. :) we can see stars, there are NO city lights.

that salad? YUM

8 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

hahah your tent has a porch…I have ALWAYS wanted one of those!!!!

9 Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ June 9, 2010

I can’t wait to get my produce delivery tomorrow. I am running sparse on veggies around here. I had to pick up a few for dinner tonight to make it through

10 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin June 9, 2010

I love the pictures from your backyard! You have such pretty flowers.

I’m a huge nature girl! :D I used to do canoe trips up in Northern Ontario once or twice per summer. The scenery is stunning there!

11 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

Eric has done that in algonquin park…he said it was amazing. I’d love to go someday.

12 Heather (Heather's Dish) June 9, 2010

i definitely am a nature girl, but within reason :) i love camping and getting outside, but i really enjoy my shower and clean sheets too!

13 Marai June 9, 2010

I’ve sadly never been camping, but I know I would absolutely love it. Especially the traditional food. Smores, anyone?

We (Fiance and I) do a bit of hiking though – at least twice a month- and are planning to tackle the 16 mile trek to Half Dome in Yosemite this year. Must stock up on Glo Bars for that hike!

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

That sounds incredible! Send me pics if you can :)

15 Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches June 9, 2010

I am definitely a nature girl, as you might have guessed by my blog title! I love all things summit and mountain-related. I have some of the best memories of my life from the times I’ve spent exploring the great outdoors. From hiking to rafting to camping to climbing, I love being outside in nature. It invigorates my soul!

16 Amy June 9, 2010

Definitely a nature girl. My B.S. is in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation and my Master’s is in Fisheries. Anything outside makes me happy. :) My trail running partners laugh at me because I’ll stop and take pictures or I’ll make them stop and smell some wild gardenias. Ahhhh, I love being outside. I love your picture of the dogwoods. Apparently, Canadian dogwoods are different than the Florida ones. Florida’s are more rounded – I like the pointed ends to the petals of yours. They look so dainty.

17 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

I’m so that person who stops and takes pictures when on the trails…and not just for the blog either…I used to be that way before the blog! I love photos of nature. I could stare at them all day long.

You inspired me to google dogwood varieties :) http://www.wildaboutgardening.org/en/features/section5/dogwood/dogwood.htm

18 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 9, 2010

That sounds like an amazing degree!! If I were an RN, I would love something like that. I’m in Florida, too. Pinellas county.

19 nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 9, 2010

weren’t*

20 Marilee June 9, 2010

Hi! Love your blog!

Im a huge nature girl and grew up camping. If you love nature, you’d love camping! I prefer tent camping even though im no spring chicken-I feel there is just something truly magical about waking up in a tent, feeling so close to nature. I have a 3 person tent, queen size air mattress and use an old sheet set & feather comforter so that its very comfortable. For meals, I have a small propane stove, and usually pre-make a few meals at home (do a stir fry and just quickly reheat it in a pan or make yummy burritos). I eat fruit and cereal for breakfast and have a french press for my coffee.

And im weird, but I love how I smell of campfire when I get home! =)

21 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

ohhh I think an air matress would be KEY! haha

22 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) June 9, 2010

What a pretty shirt!

I WISH I could get Nick to like salads aside from Caesar!! Working on it… ;)

I love the city, but I am a total nature girl too! I LOVE camping… I actually worked (and lived) at a camp all summer last summer! And then Nick and I went camping towards the end of the summer… and he FORGOT THE TENT POLES. An hour away from his house at 10pm at night, and no tent poles. He had to use rope and rig it to the tree! ahaha. It was fun, nonetheless :D

xo
K

23 Madeline @ meandchew.wordpress.com June 9, 2010

Hi, Angela! I discovered your blog a few weeks ago, and decided it was about time to comment! hehe. The salad looks soooooo good. As does the chocolate. I’ll have to give that brand a try.

I’m a nature girl, yes, though I typically pass on the camping. Trees. Mountains. Flowers. Wildlife. Creeks. Recycling (ha). A nature girl with bug spray at the ready ;)

24 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

Nice to meet you! :)

I think the worst part about camping IS the bugs…they love me for some reason and I get huge bumps from bites.

25 Lisa (bakebikeblog) June 9, 2010

What lovely photos! I LOVE camping – it brings back so many fond memories of my childhood! Sadly as an adult I havent gone camping much – so I must change that when summer comes back :)

26 Charlotte June 9, 2010

I love being outside! My husband and I go camping, backpacking, and rock climbing any chance we get. We are all set up whether car camping or backpacking and there is nothing like being in the middle of nowhere and drinking in the beauty of it all with your husband! He even proposed when we were on a week-long camping trip!

27 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

What kind of gear do you use for rock-climbing?

28 Charlotte June 10, 2010

My husband has been climbing for over 15 years and I picked it up about 4 years ago so we have about everything you could need. We have harnesses and multiple pairs of climbing shoes, which is enough for a climbing gym, then we have ropes, gear to place in the rock, lots of forms of safety protection, webbing and I could go on and on. We love to climb indoors and out, but we are very safe climbers, so we have lots of stuff!

29 Courtney Carver June 9, 2010

So glad to find your site. I cannot wait to try that salad dressing!

30 Mary @ Bites and Bliss June 9, 2010

Camping’s one of my favorite! A bunch of friends and I would go every year for an end-of-the-school-year celebration. We’d spend the nights on the lake and making smores then wake up in the morning for a grilled breakfast. It’s so nice to just turn off your phone and star gaze.

31 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

I agree one of the benefits is disconnecting from technology!

32 Bridget June 9, 2010

I’m a bit of an outdoorsy girl, but I also love getting dressed up and feeling girly. I find I’m more nature driven in the summer than in the winter – probably due to the weather.

Loooove the shirt by the way. It will look so cute on you :) I have a few pieces from Ricki’s that I wear all the time.

33 jenny (Green Food Diaries) June 9, 2010

it’s weird, i would describe myself as a city person for sure, but i adore the nature… overnight hiking trips (9-10 hours of mountain hiking in the westcoast rain with a hikers’ pack and a tent on my back) are my dream vacations. looove the mountains. the waters are okay, the ski slopes are meh, but i love mountains and trees and earth…

missing my hometown – vancouver – now!

34 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

Eric and I want to go to BC soon for a vacation…never been!

35 jenny (Green Food Diaries) June 9, 2010

you should go :) it’s beautiful and laid back. in fact when i was living in vancouver (and had never been outside of bc except the rocky mountain bits of alberta) i thought all of canada looked like that. giant surprise when i landed in toronto three years ago. there were no trees!!

36 Ashley M. [at] (never home)maker June 9, 2010

Great photos, Angela. I’m most definitely a nature girl. Of course I love being all high maintenance sometimes . . . but I’d much rather go camping/hiking than anything else. I just enjoy being outdoors . . . <3

37 Carly @ The Road To Health June 9, 2010

I LOVE camping and nature! We have lots of great spots in BC :) We go very often in the summer time! My healthy eating tip for camping is to prepare as much as possible before you go! I chop and dice all my veggies and fruit so they are easy to eat/cook with later on.

38 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman June 9, 2010

I’m not a huge nature girl. I love being outside and in nature and surrounded by nature, but I can’t do the whole camping thing. I need my comforts–namely, a bed.

39 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is June 9, 2010

I am absolutely not a nature girl. I like to stay in nice air-conditioned indoors where I can see my black stilettos.

40 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

haha that cracked me up! I too hate parting with the stilettos.

41 Wei-Wei June 9, 2010

I’m not such a nature girl, actually… Bugs and plants and bad experiences with them have scared me a little. But I do like the occasional nature walk :P

Wei-Wei

42 Faith @ lovelyascharged June 9, 2010

I’m definitely a city girl through and through. I adore the beach, and I enjoy a day or two in the snowy mountains in the winter, but beyond that, I’m not that big into nature! Is that horrible?

43 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

I know many people who wouldn’t enjoy the snowy mountains and who hate the beach, so you are one up on them, lol.

44 Kelly June 9, 2010

Yum, that salad looks delicious!! And are those quick fire hydrangeas?? Just wondering, because we just planted two of them.. but they are just babies, so no flowers yet :)

45 Emily June 9, 2010

That salad looks AMAZING and it totally making me crave a big bowl of greens and veggies (lunch tomorrow… :D )

I am DEFINITELY a nature girl. It serves such a huge purpose in my life. Mostly its the best way to heal and releive stress; getting outdoors and active is my own form of therapy. It is also a major source of inspiration for my photography. My boyfriend and I use his digital SLR camera as our excuse to get out and hike new trails and explore :)

46 Mary June 9, 2010

I have gone on lots of day hikes and things and I love being out in the wilderness fending for myself even if its only for a couple of hours. My boyfriend and I though had our first date as a camping trip with his friend and his friend’s girlfriend. I rucked my things on my back for 3 nights. and hiked about 30 miles. What a start to an amazing relationship :)

47 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

you must have wowed him!

48 Jill June 9, 2010

I am truly a nature girl… my husband and I did a week-long camping/road trip for our honeymoon. Our wedding present from my parents was a handmade cedarstrip canoe from my dad!
We are supposed to go camping this weekend, but the weather forecast looks like rain and thunderstorms… so we may not :(
There’s nothing like waking up with the sun and birds at dawn, making french-press coffee over a fire, photographing the sunrise and taking a bath in the lake…. ok now I am REALLY hoping the weather improves this weekend. I even booked monday off in anticipation of a weekend in the woods!

49 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

That sounds amazing. Do you guys usually go with others or on your own?

50 Jill June 10, 2010

We usually go on our own… but every once in a while we can convince friends to come. Most of them prefer camping in electrical campsites in the parks, with showers and facilities nearby :) Thats fun sometimes too though!

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

I also heard about the T-storms which dont bode well for our planned open water swim and vball on sat and sun :(

52 Lynda June 9, 2010

I’m a total nature girl too! haha, and I haven’t been camping since I was a kid – I used to go with my Brownie troup and the Girl Guides, and LOVED camping in my friends’ backyard. :) And yet, when I’m in the city, I’m a total city girl – it’s weird. LOL But one day, I hope to own a little house all my own, with a little garden, and either close to the woods, like a cottage, or in the country. Although I think winters would still be easier in the City (I live in Ottawa and/or Toronto for school)

53 Sara June 9, 2010

I’m definitely an outdoorsy, camping kind of gal, although you wouldn’t know it by my normal routine! We live in the city (San Diego) but we’re really close to the mountains which I love. We went camping in Yosemite every year growing up, and now even though my dad won’t camp, my boyfriend will, so we still do it at least twice a year. I have a whole excel spreadsheet that I keep which has lists of what to bring, etc. I made it just by googling “camping list” or something similar but most of the lists that come up are longer than mine; I don’t find it necessary to bring so much stuff, and it’s really hard to manage that much with only 2 people!

54 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

Ive heard that is part of the beauty of california…being so close to the mountains. Would you mind sending me your list if you still have it? I would love to put something together and that might help angela@ohsheglows.com If not, no worries at all though!

55 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 9, 2010

All these camping stories make me want to go so badly now!

56 Sana June 9, 2010

I don’t think I could spend an ENTIRE night outside. I would just pretend to sleep for a few mins and then book it to the nearest hotel.

57 Robyn @ Frugal 'n' Fit! June 9, 2010

I am a nature girl as long as “nature” provides me with heat and indoor plumbing! :)

58 highonhealthy June 9, 2010

I’m definitely a nature girl and while I think living in the city would be fun for a little while, I know I would get tired of all the concrete and crowds. As for camping.. the last time I went was probably around 10 years ago! I definitely need to get my butt out there because it would be a blast and so relaxing.

Thanks for the health roundups! I have lots of reading to keep me occupied free of boredom while at work. :D

59 Bianka June 9, 2010

Since I’ve started dating my boyfriend I have become such a nature girl! I always thought I was the girly girl who wouldn’t be able to handle the bugs and dirt but it’s really not bad at all! In fact I look forward to sitting by the fire and eating his camp specialty- the “hobo dinner”. It’s seriously my fav! When I used to eat meat he would wrap ground turkey and vegetables topped with everglades seasoning in aluminum foil, put it over the fire for a couple minutes, unwrap and voila dinner! dip the goodness in cattleman’s bbq sauce and it was sooo delicious…. now I’ll just stick to the veggies though :)

60 Alisha @ Unsual Passions June 9, 2010

Thanks for linking back to the pancakes! :-)

I adore camping. I could live in a tent, sleep in a sleeping bag, wear mosquito repellent for the whole summer if necessary. (I’ve done it before!)

Cedar trees are beautiful – great photos! The salad and chocolate look great, too.

61 Annie D. @ Annie's Simple Life June 9, 2010

I’m SOOOO a nature girl!!

And I LOVE your flowers- so beautiful!!

62 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) June 9, 2010

I am absolutely a nature girl!! I adore camping, and go every long weekend in the summer. We live in Saskatchewan, and we even go tent camping on May long weekend which always has BRUTAL weather … but we tough it out!

63 Miranda @ MirandasJeans June 9, 2010

I love to camp. Though I have only ever done car camping (i.e. provincial parks – and I’m not talking backwoods Algonquin pp). The kind of pp’s where your tent is 10 feet away from your car. Last year my hubby and I completely finished our basement from scratch so we didn’t camp a lot (sadness) and when we did it rained a lot, so right now whenever it’ raining I like to keep the windows open and listen to the rain, it sounds like camping. Always important to remember to pack a lighter to start the fire, wet wipes (great or keeping your hands clean w/o treking to the w/r all the time), a ball or frisbee to stay entertained when not hiking or swimming. I can’t wait to go camping this year!

64 Stacy (StacyGrowsHealthy) June 9, 2010

I am the same way, when it is time to pick up the produce box I rush to finish up last weeks. It is a good thing!

Those pictures make me want to go for a hike in the woods. I like nature, but I like to come home to my house at night.

65 Judy June 9, 2010

I love to be outside enjoying nature. I once camped (in tents) with the kids for two weeks and it was amazing. We had a bring-your-own-bed and it was just like sleeping in your bed at home. I especially love the water and snorkeling.

66 Jessica @ The Process of Healing June 9, 2010

I’m kind of in the middle.. I like nature but I also like electricity and running water :)
So cool that your MIL is going to Ireland! I’m leaving to go there on Saturday!

67 Rachel @ Balance and Blueberries June 9, 2010

I adore camping! One of the biggest expenses on any vacation is your lodging. You can almost cross it out when you camp. Also, it’s so good to take a break from 2010 and unplug from the real world for a couple of days. I just recently spent a week backpacking in the Smokies. It was such a great time. I love the cities, but the mountains are so peaceful. Definitely give camping a try! Borrow a tent and some sleeping bags, don’t feel bad about cheating and using lighter fluid for your campfire, pack some good, portable food, and go try it for a night or two!

68 Amber K June 9, 2010

I absolutely hate the outdoors. Always being FORCED to be outside during the summers really turned me off to it. I hate camping, I hate dirt, I hate bugs, I hate when it is unbearably hot or cold. I become a bit of a whiner when I’m camping! lol

69 Tay June 9, 2010

OMG looooooooove that shirt!!!

70 Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter June 9, 2010

Although I’m a big fan of nature I have never had a good camping experience

1. Camping 7th grade, fell into the glacier-fed river in March. I had to hold onto a super slippery rock with algae until someone could pull me out. If I would have let go there was a very high chance that I would have died to to the rapids and rocks in the river.

2. I was a junior counselor at an adventure camp. We were playing a hide and go seek in the woods [along a river]. I was had a headlamp on, but it fell off when I slid down the side of a embankment. The river was so loud I couldn’t hear people call my name, and they couldn’t hear me. Eventually they found me and rescued me :)

3. We were swarmed by meat-eating bees. They wanted our hotdogs and any meat that we had. It was so disgusting.

71 Dawn Linklater June 9, 2010

Hi Angela,

To answer your questions – I am a total nature girl. And, I would love camping – if it weren’t for bugs. And public bathrooms :(

Just wanted to let you know I signed for the GoodLife Half Marathon on October 17th – it will be my first one EVER. And the furthest I’ve ever run is 5k. Gulp!! But it happens to be 2 days before I turn 39, and I just decided it is my gift to myself. So, I will be starting my training very soon. I joined through Team Diabetes, so I’ll be raising $350.

Thank you so much for sharing your half marathon story, it helped me make my decision, and I’m looking forward to the challenge!

If you decide to enter as well, let me know and we can meet up!

Dawn :)

72 Molly (Fuel Her Up) June 9, 2010

I’m a total nature girl- open water swimming, canoeing, camping, hiking, horseback riding, trail running, mountain biking – I love it all! I come from a reallllly outdoorsy family- they would add fishing and hunting to that list!

73 Nicole June 9, 2010

Last year me and my dad went on a backpacking trip in virginia for 4 days 3 nights, it was such a great experience, we went with the REI travel group..there were 3 other people and 2 guides.It was cool to have the two guides they told us so many of their camping stories and taught us so much, It was cool to kind of be away from everyone, no cellphones or anything and it was really relaxing, we learned how to set up camp, tents, cook, and lots more! I would definitely recommend an air mattress, we had sleeping cushions for our tents but you could still feel all the rocks and stuff underneath, wasn’t the most comfortable thing! I love being out doors and hiking!

74 Jenn (GH) June 10, 2010

YES YES YES! I am a nature girl and feel most alive when I am outdoors. We camp (half-camp we have a pop up trailer) at least 4 times every summer. We always go out the Sequoias for about 5 days. It’s so beautiful and the smells….nothing like it. I bet it’s beautiful up where you live.

75 Helen June 10, 2010

I was brought up in the countryside so love nothing more than fresh air on my face and walking through beautiful places. However, I’m not a camper! I feel so grubby and am not food with sleeping / eating outside!! Your garden looks beautiful, you are so lucky to have those flowers in your back garden. It must be great to eat out there.

76 Annie@stronghealthyfit June 10, 2010

I love nature, too! It helps me clear my mind when I’m walking or hiking through the woods. It also reminds me that there is something greater than me ‘out there’ that created this beautiful Earth!
I haven’t camped much, but I did go on a 12-day backpacking trip in the Adirondacks as part of a requirement for the college I went to. We had to fast in solitude for two of those days! Sounds crazy, but it was a wonderful experience.

77 Marieke June 10, 2010

I am a nature girl! I love forests especially. Camping is cool too. Scotland is great for nature, but unfortunately the weather doesn’t always help! Nature, great. Pooring rain, not so much.

78 MJ June 10, 2010

I am a nature girl too :o) We always went camping when I was growing up, and my boyfriend loves it as much as I do. We like to go camping at the dunes where we live. You can only get there by boat, so you need to make sure you have everything you need! We bring our son with us and he loves it too. We also like to ride in trails in the woods with our four wheeler and stop to set up the tent when we see a nice spot.

79 Kate June 10, 2010

I LOVE nature! We grew up going on yearly ski trips out west, as well as several 2-week long hiking trips in the Pacific Northwest hiking up Mt. St. Helen, Mt. Rainier, Crater Lake, etc… I love packing sandwiches, fruit, and bottled water and taking a break on a large rock by a stream for a quick bite. We went camping a few times, but it’s funny my DAD was the one who didn’t like it!!! My mom loves it! The only problem I have is if we would run into a snake. Thankfully that hasn’t happened… yet!!! ;) Here’s to hoping it never does!

Those pictures are beautiful!!!

80 Emily June 10, 2010

I’m SUCH a nature girl :D We technically live in the city, but we’re super close to the river and the countryside (like less than 5 minutes walk) so I can just about cope. We have two camping trips lined up for the summer – we’re doing a week in Amsterdam (ok, technically we;re staying in Wagonettes which are really just glorified tents) and a second one somewhere in the lovely Yorkshire countryside! If I do get out into nature fairly frequently I start to feel like I’m going to explode. I’ve never understood how people can love living in big cities – there’s always so much noise and movement…. it makes me really anxious. Last year I lived in a basement by a main road and it drove me insane!

81 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday June 10, 2010

I never know what kind of bra to wear under a top like that :S

82 Jess June 10, 2010

Haha, your trinket lock for the tent reminds me of the “raccoon lock” my friends and I used for our tent (we camped a couple times/summer – Ontario Provincial parks are abundant and usually awesome). We used to bring lots of candy and chocolate into our tents at night. One night my sister woke us all up yelling that there was an animal on her. We told her to be quiet and go back to sleep, haha… the next morning there were muddy raccoon paw prints ALL OVER the inside and outside of our tent. He stole the chocolate right out from under my pillow!!! OMG! We invented the raccoon lock after that. And stopped bringing food into the tent at night. :)

83 Lindsay @ The Ketchup Diaries June 10, 2010

I do love camping, but mostly because it gives me an opportunity to drink beer and eat s’mores. Don’t be ashamed of me!!!!!!!!

84 Mikki June 10, 2010

I wasn’t always a nature gal. When I was younger my mom said my idea of roughing it was slow room service which is why no one believed I could hack it treeplanting…for 2 seasons nonetheless. Well I did! And the first season we slept in a tent (we bough a hippy van for season 2). Now that we have the kid I miss just being in a bush camp in the middle of nowhere and working outside, come rain, snow, hail or roasting hot sun. Our country is absolutely beautiful and even if I never plant again I am so grateful for being able to do it even for a little bit.

85 Adrienne June 10, 2010

My husband is one of the most organized campers ever. He has a tupperware box that is the “camping box”, and we put everything we need inside it. Paper towels, garbage bags, cutlery, plates, old pots and pans, rope, knives. This way when you are looking for something, you always know where ti is.

86 Valerie @ City|Life|Eats June 10, 2010

Hi Angela – I am always a bit shy about commenting, but I keep seeing the white bowl you use for salads, and I am finally breaking down and asking you where you found it. I am looking for a similarly sized white salad bowl to eat my huge salads out of (instead of eating 2-3 regular sized bowls). Basically I need a large white bowl that is not an enormous serving bowl. So would love to know where you found yours :) Thank you!

87 AngelaOSG June 10, 2010

Hey Valerie! Thanks for your comment :)
I *think* if I remember properly that the bowl is from IKEA!

88 Valerie @ City|Life|Eats June 10, 2010

Thanks so much for the quick reply Angela :) Have a wonderful day!

89 Amy June 10, 2010

I by a lot of my work clothes at Rickis, work appropriate yet trendy at the same time. I may have to search out that shirt, I LOVE that it!

90 k8 June 10, 2010

I am camper extraordinaire! I have checklists for each kind of seasonal camping and all the gear to go along with it. I love, love, love camping. I even took a solo camping trip last fall and it was an amazing experience to be in that campground. All. By. Myself.

91 Lauren June 10, 2010

Nature girl to the max!! ;)

My fondest memory is when my sister and I went trail running and half way through our run we stopped, sat on a log and meditated in silence. It was EPIC.

92 Triathlonbabe aka Grace June 10, 2010

I love that top, I’m not a big pink person but in purple, now that would rock!!! I have a black very similar and I too love lace, crocheted, knitted type tops. My black top is more of a open front type top where you can wear a shell, like a camisole underneath. I love it.

Your salad looked so lovely when I pulled this up this AM, that I had to go have lunch at Jason’s Deli with a girlfriend. Thanks!

OMG, I love camping, primitive at that, the hubby not so much. He’s retired Army and says civilians have no idea what real camping is….lol! I do love being out in nature, however, being one with nature in Texas, we have Texas sized mosquitos and all kinds of other critters and they are not fun to fight with….

93 Kat June 10, 2010

I would demolish that salad in a second, it looks SO good!!

I love camping. I have always been a nature girl, yes. I used to backpack and camp far more often than I do now, but there is nothing quite like sleeping in a tent and waking up kind of cold, kind of uncomfortable, and unzipping the tent to the crisp air. If there is a campfire allowed, I will be in heaven!