The Drawing Showdown

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on May 19, 2010

As I tried to come up with a dinner idea tonight, I decided that I really need to get groceries. We literally have an empty cupboard, freezer, and fridge!

As a result, our meal was quite random!

I present to you gourmet nacho chips. Only the most sophisticated of chefs would approve!

IMG_7376

Said gourmet nacho chips included nacho chips, salsa, and leftover Black Eyed Pea Soup. It was a dinner fit for a king and queen.

Dessert was requested by Eric. He thought it would be a good idea to coat almonds in chocolate like we did with the raisins.

IMG_7147

I agreed.

IMG_7150

IMG_7155

However we both concluded that there was not enough chocolate on them…

IMG_7174

So we added a double layer.

IMG_7378

It was improved, but sort of a bust. The raisins were a gazillion times better. We will be sticking to the chocolate-covered raisins!

We still managed to eat a few…

IMG_7379

Then we did what all normal married couples do.

Drawing Showdown.

How did this drawing show down begin, you ask?

Well, Eric said he was better at drawing than me (oh no he didn’t!) so I challenged him to a drawing showdown.

It was ON.

I picked a picture of myself at 3.5 years old. As you can see, my love for stuffed bears and the colour pink started early. [I do not thank my mother for my bowl shaped haircut though!]

I set the Kitchenaid timer for 5 minutes and we drew our little hearts out…

IMG_1033

It was a moment that will forever go down in our family history.

We giggled, we cursed, and we stuck our tongue out of our mouth just a little bit as we drew.

We focused.

We popped a few brain cells.

Zooming in…

IMG_1034

This is what you call Epic.

IMG_1035

And now we will do a little vote- Can you guess which one is MY drawing and which one is Eric’s drawing? :whistle: AND if you so dare, say which one you think is better!!! :lol:

I know, I know, it is like trying to pick between a Picasso and a van Gogh!

Faith @ LovelyAsCharged May 19, 2010 at 8:34 pm

How fun! I’m thinking yours is the top and Eric’s is the bottom?

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is May 19, 2010 at 8:38 pm

I’m thinking yours is the first and Eric’s is the second! And I like the first. :)

Bree May 19, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Yep…yours is the top and Eric’s is the bottom… :-p

Victoria May 19, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Hmmm. I think maybe Yours is the bottom and Eric’s is the top.

Angie May 19, 2010 at 8:40 pm

I think Eric’s is the top and yours is the bottom. The bottom one is *slightly* better. You two are craaazy! :p

Holly May 19, 2010 at 8:44 pm

I love the pictures, but I am still focused on the chocolate covered almonds. Do you cook more with dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 19, 2010 at 8:49 pm

dark (I dont eat dairy so milk is out unless they have almond milk chocolate? lol)…organic dark is much better than non-organic dark I have discovered.

Kristina ( spabettie! ) May 19, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Mmm, almond milk chocolate! I think you’re on to something~!

I’m going with yours is the first picture (the one that drew the GOOSE), and Eric’s is the second…

cute!! and a fun idea :)

Sophie @ yumventures May 19, 2010 at 9:10 pm

LOL those drawings are amazing! And the nachos — my favorite!

[email protected] May 19, 2010 at 9:12 pm

hahaha. This is too hilarious. Nothing like a good showdown to bring some excitement to the evening :-)

theemptynutjar May 19, 2010 at 9:13 pm

two of my faves: almonds and chocolate…the combo is even better…
just made some muffins…i need to start creating more lovely recipes like u!

Ameena May 19, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I think Eric’s is the first one and yours is the second? How cute are you two?

erikA May 19, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I think yours is the top and eric’s is the bottom and Angela please go grocery shopping that was a non-dinner hahah I would have called for take out or raided your supply of glo bars hahah -!

Heather May 19, 2010 at 9:18 pm

oh.my.gosh. i almost fell out of my chair laughing! you guys are hilarious…i’m thinking yours is #1 and his is #2?

Diana @ frontyardfoodie May 19, 2010 at 9:20 pm

I’d say yours is on top and his is on bottom……..Okay, going on a limb here but I think the bottom one shows slightly more careful artistic skills. Don’t be mad! The top one is cute too!

Carly @ The Road To Health May 19, 2010 at 9:21 pm

I think the one on the bottom is better! :)

Leah @ L4L May 19, 2010 at 9:21 pm

Yours is on top. And it’s the better one.

Sue May 19, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I think yours is the top one and Eric’s is the bottom one.

Allison @ Food For Healing May 19, 2010 at 9:28 pm

my guess is #1 Eric and #2 yours.

you guys are goofy!

Tina May 19, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I would say the bottom drawing is better. But it kind of creeps me out. It reminds me of the clown from the Saw movies. LOL

I love making healthier versions of favorite foods. Those nachos look delicious.

Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches May 19, 2010 at 9:31 pm

My vote goes to the top one. The bottom one has some nice shading on it, but the top one actually looks more like the picture. :) I think yours is the top one and Eric’s is the bottom….

Your random dinner actually looks really good. I find that some of my best dinner creations have been the result of not having enough groceries in the house. It forces you to dig real deep into the pantry and freezer, and get creative with weird ingredient mixtures. :) Constraints can bring out the best in you sometimes!

Amber K May 19, 2010 at 9:37 pm

That’s a bummer that the almonds didn’t turn out, but the chocolate covered raisins continue to sound so delicious!

Judy May 19, 2010 at 9:38 pm

How fun! I think that the top drawing was done by you Angela and the bottom by Eric. They are both really good for five minutes of drawing.

Jenny May 19, 2010 at 9:40 pm

So that’s what marriage is like?!;)

Wei-Wei May 19, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Hahahaha that is HILARIOUS! :D I think the second one is yours. The smile is bigger, too :)

Such a cute picture! And I LIKE your bowl cut. :D

Wei-Wei

Heather May 19, 2010 at 9:51 pm

Hmmm… this is a tough one.
I think that the first one is Eric’s and the second one is yours. And if I am correct, then I hate to say it, but I think the first one is sliiiightly better (emphasis on the word slightly :P haha). This is hilarious by the way.

Kelly Michelle May 19, 2010 at 9:56 pm

I vote for the top one, although I do like the bear in the second.

Nicole Y. May 19, 2010 at 10:01 pm

OH MY GOSH!! Those are hilarious!! I think the top is yours and bottom is Eric’s. The top one CRACKS ME UP!! The face is priceless and slightly terrifying!! :)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday May 19, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Those drawings are equally terrible if it makes you feel any better.

Lauren M. May 19, 2010 at 10:02 pm

I’m scared of both of the pictures.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty May 19, 2010 at 10:10 pm

hahah how fun!!

I vote the top one as yours… 2nd one Eric!!

I like the 1st one best, way more detail ;)

Lisa May 19, 2010 at 10:24 pm

haha I am glad to know that Mr BBB and I aren’t the only ones that find ourselves having ‘comptetitions’ like these!!! :) Love iT!

Danielle (Coffee Run) May 19, 2010 at 10:29 pm

I’m going to say your is the top! lol I hope I do these things when I’m married

Leah May 19, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I LOVE that you two did this. I agree with Danielle, I hope I do things like this when Im married.
I think the top one is yours, and the bottom one is Eric’s. I like the top one best.

Kris May 19, 2010 at 11:00 pm

LOL…I LOVE THIS!!! Can’t stop laughing!!!

I hope to God that you drew the first picture cause the bottom one is creepy (Sorry, Eric…LOL!!!)

Lynna May 19, 2010 at 11:18 pm

hahah! this is so funny! I would guess that Eric’s is the top and yours is the bottom but it’s a tough call. I’m going to have to say the top one is the better one though.

Lizz @ leadingthegoodlife May 19, 2010 at 11:19 pm

This is hard! I would guess Eric’s is on top, and yours is on bottom. But that’s hard for me to say because I think the top one is (a little) better! :)

How fun!!!

Camille May 19, 2010 at 11:27 pm

Hahaha, oh my gosh, you guys are hilarious!
This just made my evening :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) May 20, 2010 at 12:03 am

I think yours is the first one!!

Shalyn May 20, 2010 at 12:10 am

I think yours is the bottom …that being the better one..but they are both pretty funny..good thing you are such an amazing cook!

Marina May 20, 2010 at 12:11 am

I adore chocolate covered nuts! Yum!
I guess yours is the first, they both look really funny :))

Katie May 20, 2010 at 12:14 am

haha! My guess is yours is the….second one!

Also, here’s an interesting (somewhat frightening) article I found that I thought you might be interested in : http://planetgreen.discovery.com/food-health/foods-unsafe-doctors-eat.html

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter May 20, 2010 at 12:37 am

Hahaha this is far too funny. In one you look 30 lbs heavier, and in the other you look like a devil child haha

Jackie (Peaces of Earth) May 20, 2010 at 12:48 am

BAHAHAHA! I just legit cracked up!! I think yours is the first and Eric’s is the second. I think he would be more likely to draw your rosy cheeks like that. :)

Katie May 20, 2010 at 1:05 am

I like the top one…I’m guessing its yours because there is more detail to it?!

White Rabbit May 20, 2010 at 2:03 am

Ok – I think Eric’s is first and yours is second. I think the second one is a better technical drawing but the first one captures the expression better. This makes me sound like a pompous art critic but in truth, I am dreadful at art so I don’t really know what I’m talking about. Love the bowl haircut btw. My mum loved letting me and my siblings run around with the ol’ bowl cut. That and bad denim skirts, stirrup leggings and other ‘cool’ looks of that era :)

White Rabbit May 20, 2010 at 2:07 am

Oh – I forgot to say – is that a care bear in your arms? And is just me or does that care bear look like it’s wearing a pink toupee? I am getting all nostalgic for the 80s.

Jo May 20, 2010 at 2:58 am

I think it’s fair to say, ‘stick to your day job’. Though you didn’t do as badly as I would! If I had to choose I’d say the bottom one is the better one!

[email protected] May 20, 2010 at 6:00 am

Too cute! I think you are on top and Eric is on the bottom! Although you guys better stick to your day jobs!!!!

YUM-O on the nachos!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad May 20, 2010 at 6:02 am

I think the top one is the better one. And I’d guess that it’s yours. But uh, I hate to break this to you….neither of you did much better than the other. LOL I love the super rosy cheeks on number 2!!!

De May 20, 2010 at 6:37 am

I think the top one is yours – more attention to the details in the room makes me think you drew the picture due to your memories of those items. Both drawings are good though! :)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 20, 2010 at 7:29 am

Hahahaha you two are hilarious! I’m totally cracking up right now. :D

Meg May 20, 2010 at 7:31 am

Hmmm…tricky. I think would have to pick yours as the first one and Eric’s as the second one.

Good attempts to the both of you though!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman May 20, 2010 at 7:44 am

This is hilarious. I’m not saying you guys aren’t good, but they remind me a little bit of the Exorcist, especially the bottom one. You look evil! Haha. But if I had to guess, yours is top, his is bottom.

Caitlin May 20, 2010 at 7:51 am

I think yours is the bottom!

I couldn’t pick a favorite…as they are equally “unique” ! :)

shannon (the daily balance) May 20, 2010 at 8:21 am

OMG those drawings are hilarious!!!

at least your mother stuck with a bowl — lucky me got a MULLET!

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies May 20, 2010 at 8:34 am

Love the drawings – I honestly have no clue but I’ll guess that you’re #1. Love the haircut! In second grade I totally have a mushroom cut – I looked.like.a.boy. haha Albeit … a cute one, of course. hahah :)

Brynn May 20, 2010 at 9:22 am

haha! I love random, funny activities like this.

Alicia May 20, 2010 at 11:33 am

I think yours is the first one and his is the second!!!

Corinne (breathe and savor) May 20, 2010 at 2:01 pm

oh my! this is so silly! i love love love that you and eric competed in a drawing contest. i kid you not, my bf and i had a paint-off two weekends ago. ha. we decided we were both winners but when showing my mom and friends no one could guess correctly who did which painting! giggles!!! make sure you hang your art work in your house angela :)

Triathlonbabe May 20, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Dark chocolate covered anything is just YUM! Too funny, I think yours is the first and Eric’s the second. LOL! This brings back a memory of a pictionary game with friends…no matter what hubby got stuck with drawing, it was always the exact same thing, stick people….teehee!

junia May 24, 2010 at 9:39 am

Hi, found my way from the Smart, Pretty, and Awkward blog, and gotta say, love what i’m reading.

I think the second one captures the spirit of the picture more – there’s joy there; while the first one has a lot of detail.

I like the second one better. Perhaps it’s Eric’s though, for some reason, I feel like girls outgrow the swirly cheeks when we graduate elementary school. haha.