1,000 Words: Foods We Have But Will Never Use!

IMG 7302 thumb   1,000 Words: Foods We Have But Will Never Use!

IMG 7303 thumb   1,000 Words: Foods We Have But Will Never Use!

IMG 7304 thumb   1,000 Words: Foods We Have But Will Never Use!

IMG 7306 thumb   1,000 Words: Foods We Have But Will Never Use!

mal May 19, 2010

hahaha! that’s awesome!! love it

Heather (Heather's Dish) May 19, 2010

oh my goodness, i have SO MANY things in our pantry that we’ll never use too! love this!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin May 19, 2010

haha! great post. and donating stuff is awesome!

Liz May 19, 2010

What’s in the jar? I can’t see!!!

I was wondering, Angela – Do you ever get a crazy craving for something NOT healthy? Candy, chips, ice cream?

I am good probably 85% of the time, but sometimes, you just NEED something decadent, non?

Hmm – I wish I had your resolve!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 19, 2010

once and a while, but most of the cravings have gone away over time. It is quite amazing. Now I crave all the wonderful things I bake.

Jessica @ How Sweet May 19, 2010

OMG…my mom has like 400 boxes of jello. No idea why. So weird. I’ll take the oatmeal off your hands. :)

Adrienne May 19, 2010

HA! That made me laugh….I should really box up some random things I have lurking around too! :-)

Therese May 19, 2010

LOVE it! :D

Gina May 19, 2010

I am afraid to look into that cupboard of mine — some of the stuff I bought 5 years ago might have evolved by now and can bite me back :-) !

Sarah for Real May 19, 2010

Haha, love it! I was just going to comment, saying you should donate… then I saw your last picture!

MaryK. May 19, 2010

Just out of curiousity, why are those things you will never use? For example, you could throw together a random soup with the sweet potatoes or something. You just seem to be clever about what you can put together for a meal, so I was surprised at some of the items that made the donate box.

Love the sign! That picture definitely speaks 1,000 words. haha

Mary

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 19, 2010

For some reason, I REALLY dislike the taste of canned sweet potatoes.

Bethany @ More Fruit Please May 19, 2010

I’m glad to see that someone will get to use the food! By the time I go through my pantry, most things are way past their expiration date and I end up having to toss them. :-( This is inspiring though, so maybe I’ll take some time this weekend to do a swoop through the cupboards!

Kelli May 19, 2010

Haha I just bought Low sugar oatmeal today! Maple brown sugar isn’t that a cliche?

Nicole @ Making Good Choices May 19, 2010

Don’t we all have things like this in my pantry. I just cleaned mine out but still wouldn’t get rid of some things. Things I have that I wont use/eat: jello packets, canned pineapple, tuna fish, popcorn and Crystal light. Why can’t I part with these things?

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter May 19, 2010

Haha, I have those foods too! I thought in the beginning of the year I should load up on “college staples” such a cup-o-noodles and top raamen. Um, no thank you ;)

Em May 19, 2010

Good for you! I know that those foods will be appreciated by others!

Since becoming vegetarian, I cringe at the thought of jello. The worst part is that gelatin is lurking everywhere!

Alicia May 19, 2010

That is a fantastic idea! I should go through the kitchen and clean out all the items that we won’t use!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 19, 2010

Yay, I love cleaning out cupboards?

So, why do you call these posts “1,000 words” when there are none? : )

Jane May 19, 2010

A picture’s worth 1,000 words…

Corinne (breathe and savor) May 20, 2010

oooo i dig it!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] May 19, 2010

Yay, I love cleaning out cupboards!

So, why do you call these posts “1,000 words” when there are none? : )

Ariana May 19, 2010

“A picture is worth a 1000 words…”

Hayley May 19, 2010

Wow– I don’t know how long you’ve had it up, but your new header looks amazing. You are gorgeous!!! (so was this post)

Karen May 19, 2010

Angela – this is such a great, inspiring post! My church is doing a Manna food drive this weekend and I did this same pantry cleaning on Monday…

Buh-bye to the 4 packages of Past-Roni that have taking up space for months. See ya later to the Stovetop stuffing from Thanksgiving past…

The people at the food bank will be so grateful, and so will my pantry!

Meg May 19, 2010

love it!!!

Sarah May 19, 2010

I wanted to yell, “I’ll take the oatmeal!” But I remembered that I’ve the same box of kashi instant oatmeals packets for MONTHS now. I guess I just prefer adding my own goodies to plain oats.

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad May 19, 2010

What’s wrong with the optimum oatmeal? I would’ve taken that!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 19, 2010

Nothing is wrong with it, but I prefer regular oats now that I have fallen in love with them. :)

Lisa May 19, 2010

I did that recently. I went through our overflowing pantry and found such random stuff! I had no idea where we got some of it.

jenny (Green Food Diaries) May 19, 2010

nice. what is that small jar on the left?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 19, 2010

some type of olive spread I think

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ May 19, 2010

That’s funny and so true. As our eating habits change/become healthier we end up with food to donate to someone else.

Shannon, Tropical Eats May 19, 2010

i love these kind of posts! canned salmon has always weirded me out.

Maria @ a Healthier Maria May 19, 2010

This is a great post! Sadly, I have actually thrown away perfectly good food knowing I would never eat it. Never again! :)

Leah May 19, 2010

I have SO much Jello and I’ll never eat it. I probably have loads of stuff in my cupboards that will never get eaten. Donating it is a really good idea!

Camille May 19, 2010

Yay! Good for you!

Nicole Y. May 19, 2010

Great idea Angela! More people should do this! About 2 weeks ago the US Postal Service ran a food drive and I did exactly what you just did, cleaned out my pantry with food that I have but will never eat! All I had to do was put the food in a paper bag and set it out at the mailbox. The postal service came by, picked it up and donated it to a local shelter! :)

Jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel May 19, 2010

Great post! Probably happy food bank too! I participated in the “Stamp Out Hunger” a few weeks ago too! We got to stick our donations in the mailbox and the mail lady picked it up! I figured it was a great opportunity to get rid of some stuff I have outgrown and will never use again.

(Lucky me…I have a giant mailbox and was able to fit a bunch of cans in there!..those that don’t fill a bag and left it by their mailbox). I had to sneak my stuff out so the still somewhat processed hubs wouldn’t know…but I got rid of a bunch of cans of cream of mushroom soup that I won’t use anyway and a few other cans of processed food! To be nice I also stuck in a few varieties of simple canned beans though…figure they can use something healthy and we buy Costco sized flats of those so we have them anyway.

Wei-Wei May 19, 2010

Is that taco seasoning? You could have made taco scrambled eggs with those! We have mashed potato flakes in our pantry as well, and I highly dislike them. Sadly my mom thinks they are more convenient than “real” mashed potatoes, and besides, we don’t eat them often, so what’s the difference? I don’t like mashed potatoes in the first place. :S

Jello makes me nervous now that I know there’s gelatin in it. I get too many nasty images in my head.

Chase @ The Chase Project May 19, 2010

That’s a far better idea than eating your way through the cabinet of misfit foods! I had a suspiciously old frozen pizza for dinner last night in an effort to clean out the freezer. Talk about unsatisfying!

jodi May 19, 2010

have you ever grilled avocado, its unbelievable! just thought i would share, i did it for the first time tonight and it blew my mind!

Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness May 19, 2010

LOL – I love this post. I especially get a kick out of the canned salmon.

I really don’t like canned salmon but my boyfriend does, or so I thought. He always makes “salmon patties” which are good, but not my favorite dish. A few months ago there was an excellent sale at Walgreens on wild caught salmon, so we stocked up with about 10 cans. Well it turns out that he doesn’t care for it too much and is tired of making his recipe! I have a feeling we will be donating the remainder to the food bank as well.

Corinne (breathe and savor) May 20, 2010

ground veggie burger hash!? buh bye! :) cute post.

Triathlonbabe May 20, 2010

Wow, I do this same thing, donate stuff I don’t eat from my pantry…I know someone else will. Good post.