A Win-Win Situation

Helloooooo!

Today has been a busy one and I thought my head was going to spin off a few times, but I am here and relatively all intact. :lol:

I could not bring myself to go near the kitchen tonight. Luckily Eric saved the day and cooked up some Amy’s Veggie burgers for us for dinner. I don’t think I have ever been so grateful to have a meal cooked for me!

IMG 6897 thumb   A Win Win Situation

I had: 1 Amy’s Texas patty, 1/4 cup red pepper hummus, 1/2 avocado, 2 tbsp tomato paste, and ground black pepper.

I concluded:

• It always tastes so much better when someone else makes it!! Why is that?

I felt like I was eating a gourmet meal. Oh He Glows was so proud of himself. It was a win-win situation.

IMG 6894 thumb   A Win Win Situation

Dessert was an Adore Glo Bar shared with Eric (he demanded the bigger half and I figured he earned it).

I decided that I need to bring some calm back into my life today, so I am off to do 20 minutes of Yoga for Strength with Jackie Casal.

• It will be done in the dark.
  • It will be done with a candle.
  • It will be done with spookie Sketchie walking all over me and underneath me when I do downward facing dog cat.

IMG 7386 thumb   A Win Win Situation

Creeeeeepy. :alien: He is a tough yoga instructor let me tell you!

Eric and I also have a hot date with Tom Papa and Michael Scott tonight that I am excited about. Thursday nights are great for laughter on TV!!

Tonight’s question: What is your ‘go-to’ quick and easy meal when you are tired and don’t want to cook something elaborate?

My go-to meal is always frozen veggie burgers. Freezer –> to plate –> in 5 minutes flat. I have never messed up a frozen veggie burger. No kitchen disasters. Just feel-good, wholesome memories. I keep saying I need to make a colossal batch of my In A Jiffy Spelt Veggie burgers and freeze them, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet! Some day… :biggrin:

~~~

“Sometimes you have to make your own opportunities and that’s why I’m on TV. I wasn’t going to sit around anymore, waiting patiently for the damn phone to ring. I had to create my own place- I’ve always done that.” ~ Bette Midler (PS- I updated the quotes page tonight)

Miriam May 14, 2010

Crackers (mary’s or wisecrackers) & hummus! :) I am not the only one apparently ;)

Rachel May 14, 2010

I think food tastes better when someone else makes it, too, which is why I love eating out! Because at home there’s no-one to make food for me. :D

And veggie burgers are my emergency food, too, except I have been known to mess them up – cook them not enough, burn the outside. Sigh.

Violet May 14, 2010

Angela, I had such a chuckle at your yoga sorta-fail! I practice yoga regularly and can see how this might happen. Waking up with a kittie on your belly is so cute. My cats love when I do yoga. They also love when I lie down to sleep. Yours too, apparently.

Jeny May 14, 2010

There seriously is nothing better than having the bf cook dinner – he’s so proud of himself! And i just get to reap the benefits :) everyone’s happy! My go to meal when I’m lazy after work (which is 89% of the time) is to pop a sweet potato in the microwave for 3 minutes and top one side with beans/hummus and the other with cinnamon. Dinner and Dessert just like that!

Ashley @ skirtonthesideline.com May 14, 2010

Angela,

When you heat up your veggie/spelt burgers, do you use the microwave or the oven?

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

I use the stovetop in a skillet :)

Corinne May 14, 2010

Michael Scott has been on a roll lately! Seriously out of control…or as he would now say…amuck! haha

My go to usually involves Boboli crust. I try to keep one in my freezer at all times…it is soo easy to take one out and get semi creative with whatever leftovers you have in the fridge (veggies, pesto, marinara, sweet potato, corn, avocado, cheese) :) Kitchen Sink Pizza night is my favorite.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 14, 2010

AMUCK!!! lmaoooooooo

Lily's Health Pad May 14, 2010

LOL Sketchie!

I rely on frozen veggie burgers a lot too. This past week I made 101 Cookbooks’ lentil burgers. YUM. I froze them so that I have a homemade version on hand.

De May 14, 2010

Sketchie’s photo makes me giggle… So funny!
My ‘go to’ meal is an Ezekiel wrap stuffed with whatever I have in the fridge at the time.

wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas May 15, 2010

Quesadillas are a really easy and quick go-to meal, and they’re also a good way to use up just about anything in your fridge (meat, veg, cheese, whatever)

If I’m really feeling lazy, Kashi Black Bean Mango or 2 bags of Steamfresh–one brown rice, one broccoli.

Page 2 of 2«12