1,000 Words: Happiness Depends On Ourself and No One Else

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on May 13, 2010

IMG_6938

er

[Image source]

Retta @ RunRettaRun May 13, 2010 at 1:50 pm

That is one of my favorite quotes! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) May 13, 2010 at 1:53 pm

there are more than a thousand words that should be said to describe how beautiful we are :)

Jessica @ How Sweet May 13, 2010 at 1:55 pm

This may be my 1000 words so far. :)

Sarah for Real May 13, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Oh I loved this one! It’s all poetic and mysterious. And says so much without saying much at all. Good job!

Camille May 13, 2010 at 2:19 pm

That is one of my favorite quotes!

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 13, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Love that quote! :)

Andrea (Sweet N Green) May 13, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Seriously, this post could not have come at a better time. Thank you, Angela!

Lindsay (Summit Sandwiches) May 13, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Love this…true happiness come from within.

Katie @ Ordinary Girl, Extraordinary Journey May 13, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Love this! Thanks for sharing!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 13, 2010 at 4:20 pm

I first heard this quote in the first Princess Diaries movie when I was 12. I still love it (and the movie, haha :D)!

Stacie May 13, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I have been a HUGE fan or your blog since seeing you in Self mag back in Nov. I have wanted to post before, but didn’t want to take up your time, but seeing your post today thought I would share this with you…..You are a breath of fresh air in this world of negativity. I read your blog daily (or twice a day!) ;-) I cannot commend you enough for all your positivity, wonderful recipes, inspiring struggles, milestones, thoughts on food and life! Good for you for following your heart and doing what you love. I picture myself when reading your road to health series and also your letters to yourself, etc., etc. Though I am definitely not to the point where you are, you have definitely given me the push to show myself that it is possible to love myself. THANKS ANGELA!!!
I leave you with a quote I found the other day. Not sure who said it, but I love it and it is so true! Must say this to myself daily! Fits the title of this post perfectly…..

“BE YOURSELF-EVERYONE ELSE IS ALREADY TAKEN”

~Stacie

Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) May 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm

So true! I always love your 1,000 words.

Wei-Wei May 13, 2010 at 7:32 pm

Did you post this OB note? Or did you find it?

Wei-Wei

Marie May 13, 2010 at 8:15 pm

That is my ABSOLUTE favorite quote ever. I remind myself of it all the time when faced with difficult situations! Also- love the new layout!

jenny (Green Food Diaries) May 13, 2010 at 9:07 pm

true words of empowerment.

*Andrea* May 13, 2010 at 10:07 pm

i love this quote! i put so much (social) pressure on myself so it really resonates w/me!

[email protected] Optimistic Journey May 13, 2010 at 10:53 pm

I really like the quote. I like the idea that it’s placed in a place where you can see it all throughout the day! I just stumbled up on your blog and I’m glad I did! Great blog!