That’s A Wrap

Hello :silly:

I hope you had a great hump-day!

Today was a good day for me. Productive with a little play time on the side. This morning, I labeled, packed and shipped out all my orders and then I rushed off to the lunchtime swim. Our weather was cold and rainy AGAIN today so I knew it was a swim or nothing. Luckily the weather is supposed to be better by the weekend (21C and sunny on my birthday!). I can’t wait to get outside and enjoy it!

I had this Endure Glo Bar for fuel…

IMG 0833 thumb   That’s A Wrap

Today’s swim was much better than last night’s swim!

I really struggled last night with my freestyle stroke. For some reason I couldn’t get into the groove and I was just feeling very out of breath. The pool was also packed last night and there were about 12 people in the lane so the water was very choppy (but I figure that is good practice for the try-a-tri anyways).

Today I got back into the groove. It was still quite busy (about 8 people in my lane), but it had a nice flow to it. I felt good today. I repeated my mantra- the ‘You are powerful’ one, not the ‘chocolate, banana, coconut’ one. :lol:

I fixed last night’s breathing problems by doing two things:

• Kicking more (my legs have a tendency to trail of leaving my poor arms to do all the work!)
  • Taking bigger breaths of air

Both of these things were easy to change and seemed to make all the difference today. I felt really strong. Although, my poor arms were tired since I just swam last night.

I swam 30 lengths (750 metres) today and was out in just under 25 minutes! Quick and to the point.

Lunch was a speedy Ezekiel wrap of leftover Delicious Vegan Chili. Man, was it ever good!! I had it with an orange and 2 glasses of lemon water to replenish my fluids.

IMG 6769 thumb   That’s A Wrap

This afternoon was all about the Gluten-free + Raw Glo Bar! :cool:

They are currently in the dehydrator and I am almost certain that this version is the one. The feedback I had from the last version was all positive, but I just wanted to make a final couple tweaks to it before I am 100%. Hopefully this is it and then I can proceed with cost analysis, labeling, and prepping the info to list in the shopping cart!

Dinner looked quite strange, but I promise it was good…

IMG 6875 thumb   That’s A Wrap

It was leftover Coconut Red Lentil Soup + crushed Mary’s Crackers + 1/2 a tomato. Heated and mixed up.  I love taking leftovers and transforming them into new dishes!

Updates:

• The email notification for comment replies that I had going before the blog re-design is no longer working. I am currently looking for something that will work!

And that’s a wrap. See you tomorrow morning for a discussion on sports, exercise, and body-image!

Nicole @ Making Good Choices May 12, 2010

I am so impressed by all of your swimming! So what should I make first the chili or the lentil soup? They both look SO good and filling! Plus with all this cold weather I need to make one of these.

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 12, 2010

I would make the chili as it was much quicker to make!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 12, 2010

testing new email notification

Julie @savvyeats May 12, 2010

Testing!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 12, 2010

yessss worked! Thanks Julie!

Jenny May 12, 2010

That looks like such a comforting meal! YUM:)

Mo May 12, 2010

This is totally random and has nothing to do with your post, but I thought of you and your readers a few minutes ago. I was searching for the closest lululemon store to the drive to the SF Bay Area that I have to take on Friday….. and then something magical happened! I read that they opened a store in my tiny town of Carmel, CA! omg! I almost fell out of my chair! Now I get to go to the store that you have all been raving about! Yay!!! It’s funny, I saw a gal in a coffee shop the other day and she was head-to-toe lululemon. I coveted her entire wardrobe and just assumed that she was a tourist who had a store where she lives…. (yes, I thought all of this while getting coffee). Low and behold she is the manager of the store. I should have talked to her – I could have known about the store for weeks.

See? Totally random… but I wanted to share this with people who would get it! :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 12, 2010

ahhh that is so great!!! Your poor bank account though lol. I always say it is a good thing that the closest one is 45 mins from me ;)

Brittany May 12, 2010

I remember you saying before that you didn’t love the Ezekiel wraps (I think it was the first time you tried them) and I left a comment suggesting that I agreed. I recently bought them again and I think their recipe must have changed because they are WAY better – easier to bite into and a bit softer. Have you found this as well??

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 12, 2010

Some batches seem to be soft and others a bit chewier..I think it depends how fresh they are? Either way I got used to them and now I love them!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is May 12, 2010

Your swims are awesome, girl!

Estela @ Weekly Bite May 12, 2010

Congrats on the swim!!

Its been a while since I’ve been to your site. It looks GREAT! I LOVE IT!

Jil @ Peace, Love & Munchies May 12, 2010

Great swim! I have a tendency to let my feet drag, too.

Kate May 12, 2010

Oh I can’t wait for gluten free glo bars! I have been gluten free for about four months now and I have seen significant improvements concerning my health issues. I have found a few good gluten free products but everything seems very processed to have the flavor of foods that do contain gluten. So I am very excited for a healthy alternative to some of the foods I have been eating :)

Great job with all of your swimming lately! I am hoping to start to swim this summer.. a good way to mix up my cross training.

mary May 12, 2010

your dinner looks epic. SO delish!

You’re going to kick serious boo-tay in your swim portion of your tri! I cant wait to hear about it!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin May 12, 2010

I never thought to put leftover chili in a wrap, but what a great idea! Have a good night!

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ May 12, 2010

I’m planning on making the lentil soup in the crock pot on Friday. I can’t wait.

Stacey@http://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ May 12, 2010

I can’t find the lentil soup recipe. The link goes to pancakes. I tried to do a search but still couldn’t find it. My crock pot is waiting for it. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) May 12, 2010
Jennifer S May 12, 2010

Do you know about Ben Greenfield’s podcasts? He has a few good ones about swimming and he has great info for tri-athletes.

Erin May 12, 2010

I love wraps–hot, cold, whatever, they always hit the spot so much more than a sandwich.

Claire May 12, 2010

So glad to hear the swimming went better! The wrap looks soo good. Can’t wait for the topics tomorrow!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing May 12, 2010

I would never have thought of putting that in a wrap but it’s SUCH a great idea!
And I am so loving your 3 posts a day, by the way!!

Heather (Heather's Dish) May 12, 2010

chili wraps are seriously where it’s at…they’re SO good! sounds like an amazing day of awesome food :)

Courtney @ Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life May 12, 2010

Haha, you’re right, your dinner does look a little strange! BUT, it does sound yummy! Savory, crunchy, and sweet tomatoes…YUMM! :-P

Lisa @bakebikeblog May 12, 2010

YAY for speedy swims!!!!

Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter May 12, 2010

That definitely looks like quite the funky dinner, but I’ll trust you on this, since I swear the worse the Indian food looks the better it is ;)

Laura May 12, 2010

That wrap looks superb :)

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com May 12, 2010

ahh so thats what made the chilly real thick.. the crackers!! i can see it.. at first i thought it was hard bits of something.. but now i know it was just something TASTY!!! :)

Misty May 12, 2010

I love wraps. Way to go with your swimming!

Megan May 12, 2010

I have been a daily blog reader for the last 2+years and you have all inspired me to start my own. My Story of weight loss is a little different then most. I would love for you so stop by and check it out. Keep up the great work!

Lauren May 12, 2010

I’ve been wanting to swim so bad after seeing all this talk about it in the blog world. I sure do wish I had a public pool nearby!

ari May 12, 2010

i’m late on this i think, but i LOVE your new page layout!

Kilee May 12, 2010

I really want to try your gluten-free bars! When will they be available here in the US?

Amber K May 12, 2010

I have yet to figure out how one gets those Ezekiel wraps to roll up without breaking into a million pieces. I can’t seem to do it! But they do taste fantastic.

Camille May 12, 2010

The lentils look fantastic!

Natasha May 13, 2010

Wow Ange!!! Let me just say it has been a marathon effort to catch up on all your posts ;-) When I can’t check in everyday, they just add and add and add. It’s great seeing you get the swimming and the biking underway, and that you’re enjoying it. Plus there are now so many more recipes I want to try. Good luck with the latest GF glo bar trial :-)

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin May 13, 2010

This crappy weather we’ve been having in Ontario is really crampin’ my style! I can’t wait to get outside for a run again!

Awesome job on the swim. I’m glad you found your groove again. :D

Triathlonbabe May 13, 2010

We are about to get what you guys have been getting….eeek, down here in TX, that brings tornados! I haven’t tried mixing the Mary’s crackers yet with anything, but I will. I am having Lentil veggie soup for lunch today, I may have to do it then.

When I was a member of the Masters swim program in Dallas, one of the coaches was really awesome about training us on our breathing. We would do lengths where we would just focus on breathing, going really slow doing freestyle aka front crawl, and taking long slow breaths….when I did that, it really helped me.

As for the Glo Bars, OMG, I’ve had 4 of the ones from my variety pack and I loved all 4 of them. I am about to put in an order for the Run bars…..woohoo, can’t wait!!!

Amy June 2, 2010

Hey, Angela! Just a tip on getting bigger breaths when you swim….make sure you blow out the air in your lungs (via bubbles :-) ) so that you have more room in there for a big breath! You’re doing great!!