Tumble-Dee, Tumble-DOH

Good evening!

Thanks for your comments on this morning’s post! Apparently we need a wetsuit made for triathlons and not for surfing! Seems obvious, but I wouldn’t have thought about this had you guys not mentioned something. It looks like I will have to check out the Costco ones a bit more closely and see what kind they are. My gut feeling is that they are probably surf wetsuits, but I will have to check… [This article was also a great read!]

Today was going swimmingly…until I took quite the tumble!

I was carrying a big 40 lb pail of flax seed and the metal handle came loose on me, swinging the pail out of control. I had to move fast and lurch to the side to avoid the pail landing on my foot and I took a nasty tumble on the ground. It hurt…big time! Now my right leg is quite sore in the groin area and I have been icing it on and off. I am thankful that the pail did not land on my foot (I swear it would have broken a bone!) and hopefully I will be fine tomorrow after some TLC!

I was not in the mood to cook. Dinner was a spin-off of lunch! Two meals for the price of one and ready in 5 minutes…

IMG 4231 thumb   Tumble Dee, Tumble DOH

Potato, Chickpea, and Carrot Stew over Ezekiel Toast

Ingredients:

Directions: Boil water and add to wok with 1/2 a bouillon cube. Dissolve fully and cool. Pour veggie broth and about 2 cups Crisped Potato, chickpea, and Carrots with homemade ketchup (including the leftover ketchup too!) into blender. Process for just a few seconds on ‘chop’ setting. I left my stew chunky. Now transfer stew mixture back into wok and add seasonings. Heat and serve over toast.

IMG 4239 thumb   Tumble Dee, Tumble DOH

I sure got my tater fix today, didn’t I? :)

As I ate, I prepped for my meeting tomorrow. Lots of rules and regulations for vendors I am finding out!

IMG 4247 thumb   Tumble Dee, Tumble DOH

I love pouring stew-like things over toast.

IMG 4240 thumb   Tumble Dee, Tumble DOHIMG 4246 thumb   Tumble Dee, Tumble DOH

Ready in a few minutes and gone in a few minutes!

IMG 4234 thumb   Tumble Dee, Tumble DOH

Pink plate is from Target…I miss Tar-jay!

THE [maybe] GOOD NEWS? Target really is rumoured to be coming to CANADA!! I will explode with delight when/if that store plants itself on Canadian soil! I swear I am going to sleep in a tent overnight for the grand opening.

We are begging you Target. ;)

IMG 4237 thumb   Tumble Dee, Tumble DOH

Please excuse my desperation. I love me a good deal and cute stuff.

Tonight’s question- What are your favourite stores to shop at, for the following:

1) Clothing

2) Food

3) Home decor + furniture

4) Gifts

Mine are:

1) Forever 21, Lululemon, Target (my first clothing purchase from Target found here!), Jacob, Bebe, and occasionally RW & Co.

2) I don’t have a favourite right now…we buy our groceries at Loblaws though. Whole Foods is about a 45 minute drive from us (which is probably a good thing because I would spend too much money there). I still have going to my first Trader Joe’s on my US destination wish list! Perhaps if I attend HLS in Chicago there will be a Trader Joe’s nearby??

3) Craigslist. It’s fun to recycle cool house items! We buy a lot of used things for our house- including our couch off Craigslist. We got it almost new for a fraction of the original cost. Our family has also given us a lot of used home items that they didn’t need anymore. I love hand me downs! :)

4) For unique gifts- Urban Outfitters can be good for the hard to buy for person. It really depends on who I am buying for though!

I’m off to ICE, ice, baby.

~~

The only people we can’t forgive are the ones we are still afraid of. ~Gramma Mildred

Nicole @ Making Good Choices April 13, 2010

I love buying clothes at JCREW, bloomingdales and Nordstroms, and food at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s. Those are my favorites but sometimes I just go to the normal food store for staples…and of course Target is a fav for home things, basics, clothes etc. Target is one stop shopping, I hope it comes to Canada for you!

Jenny April 13, 2010

1) Free People/Anthropologie/Urban Outfitters

2) WHOLE FOODS- the mecca;)

3) HomeGoods- discount furniture- Can’t exactly afford Pottery Barn just yet

4) Depends on the person:)

Kellie April 13, 2010

Trader Joe’s is my favorite food shop. I love how cheap and fresh they are.

As far as an all around great store, Target is it. The only problem is that I go there for paper towles or toothpaste and come out with $100 worth of stuff I really don’t need.

Lauren M. April 13, 2010

If you ever come to Southern California, come visit me. I work at what the customers have dubbed as the “nicest and biggest Trader Joe’s I have ever been to.” Needless to say, that’s where I do most of my grocery shopping.

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 13, 2010

ahhh fabulous news :)

Katie April 13, 2010

Clothes- Forever 21, H&M…anywhere I can afford on my student budget!

Food- TJ’s, Whole Foods, Caputo’s

Home- Home Goods, Marshall’s,

Gifts- Depends on the person!

FYI There are THREE Trader Joe’s in Chicago…2 of which I’ve been to! So you’ll definitely be able to cross that off your list! One of them is even within a few blocks from Whole Foods, which is just plain old dangerous if you ask me!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 13, 2010

Chicago has THREE???? omg, spread some love TJ’s and come to Canada!! haha

Lauren M. April 13, 2010

There are Trader Joe’s EVERYWHERE in southern California. There are three within a couple miles of my house. I could probably name about 20 that are local. It did, afterall, begin here. Sometimes I get sick of being there (because I work there), and I seek groceries elsewhere. Lately, I shope anywhere BUT Trader Joe’s. Variety is the spice of life, folks. Don’t tell my manager.

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 13, 2010

haha it’s funny how we get sick of the things near us, and then drool over the places that are not! I see TJ’s products all over the blogs and it has made me want to go there so badly.

EaterNotARunner April 13, 2010

Sorry to hear about the fall :-( Feel better soon!!

I have to say that HomeGoods is the BEST for house stuff! And I am a TJ’s fan of course :-)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 13, 2010

I hope your meeting to sell at the Farmer’s Market goes well. My favorite stores in no particular order: Trader Joe’s, Target, Whole Foods, Forever 21, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Costco….I could go on and on.

Tay April 13, 2010

I live about 30 minutes away from Target, so usually only make it there when I take a trip home, about every 2-3 months. I don’t know how you do it!!

1. FOREVER 21!! yesss. Target, Costco (yes – for clothes! haha), and American Eagle.

2. Trader Joe’s, Costco, Vons/Safeway

3. Target!!! So cute. But if I had money, it would be Pottery Barn

4. Target!! yet again. LOL they have absolutely everything!

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 13, 2010

1) Gotta love Target but I’m also in love with the GAP and JCrew when I get some money ;)

2) It’s all about Trader Joe’s. There are tons of them in the DC area — why go anywhere else?!

3) I like classic lines like Williams Sonoma and Crate & Barrel. Simple girl.

4) Totally depends but I’ve been really into World Market lately.

Sarah R April 13, 2010

Good luck at your meeting tomorrow! Sounds like the hazards of making Glo bars are serious. Take care of yourself chica. Here are my favorites at the moment.

1) Clothing: Ann Taylor Loft, Gap, Target
2) Food: Whole Foods
3) Home decor + furniture: TJ Maxx, Target, Crate and Barrel, Pottery barn
4) Gifts: depends on the person! I like to pick things that are extra special ;)

Angie April 13, 2010

Forever21, Lululemon, Gap, Urban Outfitters, TJ Maxx, H&M

Boston has many many Trader Joes. There are three within 2-3 miles of my house! It’s where I do all of my food shopping, with a few items bought at Shaws out of convenience. I love Whole Foods, but it’s just too pricey for me. Trader Joes all the way!!

I haven’t been furniture shopping in awhile, but I’ll say Craigslist too! It’s fun searching for a great deal. Home Goods is great too.

Gifts- Quirky stores in Harvard Square, lots to choose from!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels April 13, 2010

Okay I know everyone hates it but . . . Le Chateau. Honestly the clothes just fit me right and I’ve only had one thing ever fall apart on me (of course the most recent purchase) everything else I’ve worn for years before I just got sick of it.

jen trinque April 13, 2010

1.I have no idea. I don’t buy clothes very often! I used to love Old Navy, but there isn’t one close by. Sadly, the last few things I bought were just at a plain old boring department store in town.
2.Earth Fare. It’s about 30 minutes away and I always want to buy the ENTIRE STORE. But I restrain myself.
3.Target, World Market
4. Totally depends on the person.

Fun question :)

Lisa April 13, 2010

OUCH! Sounds like something I would do. I a total klutz.

My favorite places to shop are Fred Meyer, Trader Joe’s and New Seasons (like Whole Foods), and of course Costco.

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is April 13, 2010

I love to shop at so many different places! But I really love Anthropologie, Express and Nordstrom for clothes!

Katie April 13, 2010

Angela,

I didn’t read all the comments so I don’t know if anyone has suggested this yet. Before you buy a wetsuit for the triathlon check out RunningFree. (www.runningfree.ca) I believe they rent them as they are pretty expensive for the one possibly two times you’d use them. Unless you plan to become addicted to tri’s I’d rent.

I have a groin strain and its taken me out of my half marathon training (for the time being). I sure hope this is not what you’ve acquired :( Hope your feeling better ASAP!

Erica April 13, 2010

1) It varies but I really love going to Charlotte Russe!

2) Target + local grocery chains

3) Antique stores!

4) Does online shopping count?

Oooh, I’m glad your okay! A quick fall like that can be hazardous! I know. A few weeks ago I took a hard hit & bruised my hip bone! It took a week before I was able to excercise properly again.

Good luck with your meeting!

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 13, 2010

1) Clothing – Express

2) Food – Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Harris Teeter

3) Home decor + furniture – Craig’s List or Ikea

4) Gifts – Depends on what I’m looking for.. Farmers markets for olive oil soap or Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table

Kari April 13, 2010

We even have Target in Australia so you’d think they might make it to Canada eventually :) (Not sure if our Target is quite the same as the US version, but the spirit seems to be pretty similar.) I hope your strain pulls up okay tomorrow…dangerous job your new profession! Rest up x

Allison @ Food For Healing April 13, 2010

hope you’re feelin better from your little tumble!

i don’t really shop, so i dont really know where my favourite places might be haha, i’m too broke

Jil April 13, 2010

Aww, hope you feel better!!

1) Clothing: H&M, Banana Republic (only when there are sales though), the Gap, Target, Forever 21…hmm…there’s gotta be more.

2) Food: Trader Joe’s, Hannaford, Whole Foods, and Archer Farms stuff from Target!!

3) Home decor + furniture: Target…haha do we see a theme?

4) Gifts: Urban Outfitters or eBay!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 13, 2010

I hope you’re doing okay after your fall! I’m a giant klutz, so I know how it is. ;)

1) I love Lululemon, Aritzia, and FCUK. And Winners for some deals!

2) Loblaws, health food stores, and our local independently-owned grocery store that always has the most amazing organic foods and foreign specialty items.

3) IKEA!

4) I’m a university student, so I mostly just make my own. Everyone loves baked goods for a prezzie!

Sana April 13, 2010

You need to visit TJ’s ASAP! I am glad you are ok!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 13, 2010

Hmmm…anthropologie…trader joes…pottery barn…and totally depends on the person for nice gifts!

Eek– sorry about your spill!!! Glad it didn’t land on your foot!

Lizzie April 13, 2010

Angela I hope you feel better soon – glad you didn’t seriously injure your foot!!

You may bemoan the lack of Target, but I was very disappointed when the only Jacob store in the US (that happened to be in a mall in my neighbourhood) suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a garish, cheap clothing shop – boooo!! I loved Jacob!!! I know the reason they left probably had to do with the economy, but I loved their range of clothing. My husband said that means we have an excuse to go to Montreal – bwah ha ha!

I do like Lululemon, Banana Republic, H&M for clothes. I just got a rather un-me like leather jacket from Victoria Secret.

For food shopping I am a huge Whole Foods fan. Occasionally TJ’s and Shaws (can’t afford the seafood at WF!). There is only one IKEA in our state and I definitely liked a lot of the things they had there the two visits we have made. But it is always MADNESS in the store, so I can only hack it for so long.

Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 13, 2010

Sorry to hear about your fall! Hope you feel better soon :)

Heather April 13, 2010

Ahhh, so sorry to hear about your fall! Hopefully it doesn’t hurt too badly tomorrow!
My favorite places to shop:

1) Clothing: Lululemon, Forever21, H&M, RW&Co (for work placement clothes), Aritzia

2) Food: Loblaws, Farmers markets, an organic food store down the street from my apartment called Panacea

3) Home decor + furniture: I haven’t had to do much of this so far in my life since I’m still a university student but I like Bouclair Maison (not sure if there is an English name, but I always go when I am in Quebec), HomeSense, and most of my furniture right now came from IKEA since they have student friendly prices :)

4) Gifts: definitely depends on the person I am shopping for!

Kris April 13, 2010

Oh NO!!!!! That is not good :(

I need to check out Forever21…Love the name!

I love Aritzia, Bebe, Guess (not their tops since having kids!), Lulu….

Jenn April 13, 2010

Oh no! A fall is never very nice, time for some ice!
Food: Loblaw’s
Clothes: uh…clothes shopping?! I guess Ricki’s, Old Navy
Housestuff: don’t buy too much, kijiji, Clearing House (dh works there!)
Gifts: depends on whom I am buying for!

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 13, 2010

Ouch! That fall does not sounds fun =( Hope you feel better!!

I can not wait until target comes to Canada! Ahhh!!

1. Anthropologie, Lululemon, H&M, J Crew.
2. Whole Foods! Second is The Sweet Potato, an organic market here in the T-dot. Tied for second is TJ’s! :)
3. Crate & Barrel
4. Urban for sure!

xo
K

Morgan April 13, 2010

Oh no, feel better!
1) I love Banana Republic and Ann Taylor Loft the best. I also do well at Macy’s
2) I love WF and TJ’s, but will hit up a farmer’s market any chance I get.
3) Love Crate and Barrel for sure. IKEA too!
4) depends on the person!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 13, 2010

Trader Joe’s would be so dangerous for you. You would want to shop their all the time. I get the bulk of my groceries at TJ’s, they are amazing.

casey April 13, 2010

Clothes: gap, polo
Food: trader joes
Home: tj maxx/marshals
Gifts: borders

highonhealthy April 13, 2010

Good thing that bucket didn’t land on your foot! That would have hurt like a bi.. a lot. That would have hurt a lot.

I don’t really have a favorite place to shop persay.. any place with sales is good enough for me! Although Le Chateau is kind of a favorite. Love, love, love the clothes there. Mariposa isn’t too bad either.

As for food, any health food store or WF’s is like heaven to me. I actually feel bad for people that are with me when I spot a health food store because I absolutely have to go in.

Oh and I had a question about your overnight oats! Would they work if I used steel cut oats? Or does it have to be rolled oats?

Mellissa April 13, 2010

1) Clothing: Limited, Ann Taylor, Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls/TJ Maxx

2) Food: Whole Foods, My CoOp and Trader Joe’s

3) Home decor + furniture: Pier 1, Crate and Barrel, West Elm and Amazon

4) Gifts: Target, Amazon, and Etsy

elliebelle April 13, 2010

I used to live in Minneapolis, the birthplace of Target so there were multiple stores nearby – now I am in rural Wisconsin and the closest one is almost an hour away – boo!!! I miss it sooo much!
But for clothes: Lululemon (you got me hooked!!!), Gap, Buckle
Food: Piggly Wiggly (haha…that’s the best option we have here)
Home: Target
Gifts: Etsy.com – they are all handmade and some of the most wonderful unique items can be found on there!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 13, 2010

Aww your poor foot!

John April 13, 2010

Thanks to you and the other commenters about the different wetsuits. I never realized they were different one either.

Sarah @ Long Legs Healthy Life April 13, 2010

Clothing: Anthropologie, H&M, Old Navy, (I’m praying for Target to come to Canada too!)

Food: Loblaws/Superstore/No Frills, Farmer’s Market, Whole Foods if I’m feeling rich and am Downtown Toronto.

Home decor + furniture: Anthropologie, Home Sense, Craigslist, IKEA!

Gifts: Anthropologie is my newest favourite place to buy gifts for my friends!

Kelsey April 13, 2010

from one canadian to another- PLEASE TARGET PLEASEEE! wouldnt that be amazing!?!

btw.. that stew on toast is such a smart idea for a simple, quick, and delicious meal. looks really good!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 13, 2010

That quote at the end is SO true. And opens my eyes to a LOT of things, so thank you!!

I hope you feel better girl!!!!

I like American Eagle, Forever 21, Wet Seal, and Old Navy for clothes. Target for dishes!! haha
And Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, and EarthFare for food.

Page 1 of 212»