On Top Of Spaghetti…

All covered in cheeze

I created this NEAT sauce…

and hubby said ‘Yes Please!’

It’s been stuck in my head all day! :mrgreen:

Presenting my newest quick and easy vegan recipe…

Spaghetti with ‘Neat’ Sauce and Cheeze

IMG 3888 thumb   On Top Of Spaghetti…

Ingredients:

• 1.5 bottles of spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
  • One 450 gram package of green lentils
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Seasonings (I used parsley and PC sun-dried tomato)
  • Salt, to taste
  • Vegan Parmesan cheeze
  • Spaghetti noodles

Directions: Cook 1 bag of lentils according to directions on package. Rinse and drain. Stir in 1.5 bottles of spaghetti sauce, minced garlic, salt, and seasonings. Serve over your favourite noodles along with 60 second Vegan Parmesan cheeze.

IMG 3848 thumb   On Top Of Spaghetti…

It makes a HUGE amount! A great make-ahead meal. I’m sure this would work in the slow cooker too- I am just not sure on the liquid amounts.

IMG 3853 thumb   On Top Of Spaghetti…

In just 1 cup of cooked green lentils there is a whopping 23 grams of protein and 26 grams of fibre!!! Talk about satiety. :)

IMG 3861 thumb   On Top Of Spaghetti…

IMG 3862 thumb   On Top Of Spaghetti…

60 second Vegan Parmesan cheeze. Eric LOVES this stuff- he sprinkles it on everything and said he will never buy regular parmesan cheese again!

IMG 3865 thumb   On Top Of Spaghetti…

The lentils give this sauce amazing texture just like meat would.

IMG 3868 thumb   On Top Of Spaghetti…

This batch makes so much I freeze about 4-5 servings in Pyrex containers. It makes for some quick and easy dinners! Great for lunches for the week too.

IMG 3890 thumb   On Top Of Spaghetti…

In other news, I changed the colours on the Glo Bar labels! I wanted them spiffy looking for the store shelves. :) They scream EAT ME, don’t they? ;)

IMG 3860 thumb   On Top Of Spaghetti…

Updates:

Tonight’s question- Are you a pasta lover? What is your favourite dish or type of pasta?

I’m not a big pasta fan, but my two favourite kinds are angel hair and spaghetti. I also want to make a vegan version of linguine alfredo some day! That would be a challenge…

Have a great night! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 7, 2010

i dear, i love pasta more than just about anything. and not just any pasta: CREAMY pasta! although i’ve been craving a good thick marinara lately, but something about cheesy, creamy, al dente pasta just gets me every time. yum! :)

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) April 7, 2010

I love spaghetti! I’ve never tried it with lentils before – sounds awesome.

Elle @ Acquired Tastes April 7, 2010

Love love love pasta! I found spelt pasta at the grocery and it is soo good! I like my pasta with broccoli slaw and meatless meatballs :)

I’ll have to try adding lentils sometime!

Janna April 7, 2010

Oh yum yum yum. That lentil sauce looks so good! And I have lentils…and pasta! Thanks for the delicious looking recipe!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is April 7, 2010

That sounds delish!

Diana April 7, 2010

That looks amazing! And yep, I’m a pasta lover for sure!

chai am woman April 7, 2010

THANK YOU for posting this – never would’ve put lentils in sauce before but i think even my husband would go for this (he loves lentils but is generally opposed to other things non-meaty haha). this looks delicious and filling.

love the labels!

and YESYESYES i am a pasta lover. pretty much all kinds but especially angel hair. sometimes i get in the mood for a good penne with some chunky veggies and olives.

Lisa April 7, 2010

surprisingly, I hate pasta…It’s just so heavy and carbo loaded. I’d rather fill up on other things….the lentil sauce looks totally yumm though ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2010

I tend to feel the same about pasta…that is why I love spaghetti squash used as pasta!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg April 7, 2010

Mmmmmm…I LOVE pasta! I rarely get it at restaurants, because I feel like it’s always so laden with creamy, heavy sauces. But at home, I love simple pasta dishes with just a bit of olive oil and fresh ingredients. Perfecto!

Christine (The Raw Project) April 7, 2010

Looks great, I’ve been craving lentils lately.

Midgetkeeper April 7, 2010

I love, love, love Pasta. I actually made a really similar sauce not too long ago. I always make my pasta sauce in huge batches so I can freeze and use whenever I need a quick meal.

Tracey @ TropicalHappiness April 7, 2010

LOVE PASTA! That, and bread, are my favs. I like angel hair, penne and rigatoni the best. It seriously just depends on my mood. :)

Whitney April 7, 2010

I make something very similar but start with some veggies (zucchini, carrots, onions, garlic) and saute them and then add them to a bottle of pre-made pasta sauce. I then add one can garbanzo beans and heat the whole thing through and serve over couscous. Its a great easy meal to make and makes sooooo much!

Jil April 7, 2010

Love the new colors!! :) and that pasta looks amazing. :-D

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 7, 2010

I love pasta. I’d eat it everyday if I could. Nothing is more comforting than a pile of spaghetti and marinara. I don’t make it often, though, because it’s so heavy. That vegan Parmesan cheese is so interesting. I’ve yet to try nutritional yeast though I might have to soon with all the play it’s getting on blogs!

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) April 7, 2010

Love the new labels. They are perfect for spring/summer, and definitely give your glo bars a great makeover.
Congrats once again on getting your business into a store – that is SO awesome!

Ameena April 7, 2010

Great idea…I love pasta! I used to eat it all the time but I don’t care for the brown rice pasta as much so I haven’t been eating it. Still, this would be fabulous over rice or quinoa. Thanks for the great idea!

Therese April 7, 2010

That looks soooo tasty! I’ve been trying to find a healthier replacement for ground round so thanks for the lentil suggestion!

Pasta is my ultimate comfort food, I never realized it until this past year but whenever I’m feeling down I always find myself craving it. I tend to load up the sauce with lots of veggies to make it healthier! But oddly, I’m not a spaghetti fan, I love rotini and penne most although I did make homemade spaghetti once and it was fantastic! There’s such a huge difference between fresh pasta and dried, store bought pasta!

Jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel April 7, 2010

Any chance you had lentils on the brain today??????

Looks really good!

The labels look great!!!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) April 7, 2010

What a great idea adding the lentils – I will definitely give that a try!

Erin April 7, 2010

I definitely loooooooooove pasta. Last night I made spaghetti with sweet potatoes and ricotta, and it was glorious. I love new combinations like that, and I wish I could take credit for it (I found the recipe online). I’m definitely going to try the lentil sauce – I love lentils!

Katrina M April 7, 2010

i LOVE pasta, and seeing this totally is making me crave spaghetti hard core, hahaha. maybe for lunch tomorrow…. thanks for posting! labels look great!!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 7, 2010

The labels look good and it’s nice spring/summer packaging. I am shocked about the amount of protein in the lentils. I didn’t know it was so much. I see lentil soup in my future.

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) April 7, 2010

I’m not a big pasta eater and would never order it in a restaurant, but I do eat it now and then and enjoy it. Love the idea of putting lentils in. Such a versatile food!

Allison @ Food For Healing April 7, 2010

nice job with the labels.

I LOOVE pasta, i love like a shrimp alfredo. yumm

Michelle @ HeathyEatingRoadmap April 7, 2010

The spaghetti looks really wonderful and so do the new labels!!

Amy @ Running in Pink April 7, 2010

I LOVE PASTA! and i know exactly what is on the menu tomorrow night for dinner – your lovely lentil dish!

Carly @ The Road To Health April 7, 2010

I have a total carb addiction! Pasta is definitely a favorite of mine! I love all kinds :)

Mel April 7, 2010

Do you freeze the pasta too? I can’t really tell from the picture and I’m always curious about what foods freeze well. Have a great day :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2010

I have never frozen pasta before…anyone?

Jacquie April 7, 2010

I used to love pasta, but I haven’t had it in a while. Every now and again I’ll have macaroni and cheese because I love it so, but for the most part I swap other whole grains like rice for pasta. Yummm

Vicki April 7, 2010

Ever since I made the lentil based Snobby Joes from Veganomicon, I’ve been convinced that lentils are the perfect substitute for ground beef/turkey. I made lentil tacos last week (yum!) and I’ve thought about doing a lentil marinara, so I’m so glad to see it turned out awesome for you. Can’t wait to try it!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2010

must get this book!!

Lauren April 7, 2010

Hmm, maybe you could try making an alfredo sauce with cashew butter?? Do you think you could make it taste savoury enough?

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2010

that sounds amazing

nut April 7, 2010

Wow. I am not vegan, but you certainly are giving me some ideas for more vegan-inspired dishes. How beautiful that is. I like that you focus on the positive aspects of the dish: the protein, the fibre, etc etc….versus dwelling on other things. You deserve all that food with all your crazy busy schedule!

Grace April 7, 2010

I love pasta! I eat all whole wheat pasta though and I love lentils…this is too weird…here you post something about Quinoa for breakfast and I make it for dinner Mon. evening, then you talk about lentils for dinner and I have lentils for lunch….todododo….twilight zone.

Love that recipe!

Angela (Oh She Glows) April 7, 2010

….todododo hahaha

Rebecca @ How the Cookies Crumble April 7, 2010

I love pasta! That looks amazing. Especially your vegan parmesan!

Lizzie April 7, 2010

I really need to try that ‘cheese!’ I love, love pasta – spaghetti, fettuccini, rotini, and gnocchi. Don’t like cream sauces, love tomato based sauces (your lentil twist looks great!). I switched to whole wheat 6 years ago and now the only time I have white pasta is if I’m in a restaurant and a sauce sounds too good to pass up. Whole wheat just tastes so much better.

Sarah April 7, 2010

I like pasta ok, but I’m pretty picky. I prefer angel hair if I’m going with some kind of tomato based sauce, but one of my friends makes the most amazing pasta salad that uses italian dressing and rotini noodles. I love throwing all kinds of veggies in my spaghetti sauce. I don’t think I’ve ever tried lentils before. That’s a great idea. Thanks!

John April 7, 2010

That sauce looks good. May have to try it some day.

I LOVE my mom’s lasagna. Can eat 2 or 3 plates of it at one go it’s that good!

Hannah April 7, 2010

A perfect recipe to increase my iron intake!!! It’s like you were reading my mind, haha ;-)

Ashley April 7, 2010

I LOVE pesto. You oughta make some this summer!

Page 1 of 212»