She Sells Sea Shells

Hey there :)

After we departed the condo yesterday morning, we headed to check into our final destination in Fort Myers! We got a great deal on a 3 star Country Inn and Suites for just over a buck and change. The hotel is very clean and very friendly! I highly recommend it if you are looking for a place close to the bridge to the island.

IMG 0021 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

It was a very standard inn…all I care about is that it is CLEAN really! I am a huge clean freak… ;)

IMG 0022 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0024 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0046 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Lunch was food we had packed to save a buck. I made an avocado and dried mango sandwich…interesting to say the least! I thought it was going to be so gross but it turned out ok (just chewy).

IMG 0029 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells IMG 0032 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Raw spirulina chips and an Adore bar. The chips are good- they tasted very green at first, but once I got used to it I got hooked on them.

IMG 0033 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells IMG 0036 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Then we were off to Sanibel Island for our Dolphin tour with Sanibel Thriller…

IMG 0060 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0063 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Lighthouse on the island…

IMG 0062 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

IMG 3300 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

We were so pumped!

We saw TONS of dolphins!!!!!

IMG 3326 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells IMG 3327 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

They love riding in the wake of the boat :)

IMG 3328 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

SO CUTE! GAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They have to be one of the coolest creatures on the planet. The baby is definitely smiling and having a blast!

IMG 33232 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

It was definitely one of the highlights of our whole trip!! The dolphins swam in the wake for a long time- and several times during our 1.5 hour boat ride.

Then we were off to the beach…

IMG 0077 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

IMG 0121 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Goofy pictures ensued…

IMG 0122 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Sanibel Island is one of the best places to collect sea shells!

IMG 0131 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0129 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

I think they call it the ‘Sanibel Stoop’ to represent all the people bent over on the beach picking up shells! ;)

IMG 0134 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells  IMG 0082 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells IMG 0094 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

I soaked up every last ray I could!

IMG 0093 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Two things I could do without…sand in my toes and jellyfish…hehehe ;)

IMG 0119 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0110 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Then we were back, got ready, and hit up Pizza Fusion! We were hangry!

IMG 0140 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0137 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

We waited almost 40 minutes just to get a table…this place in Fort Myers was small and understaffed…I assume due to the recession they were running a skeleton staff like many of the restaurants we went to.

IMG 0142 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

I got the half fusion salad to start…and Eric the chicken Caesar…

IMG 0150 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0149 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Our appetizers took another 30 minutes to arrive so we were starving by this point!

IMG 0143 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

We made our own custom pizzas! WHOHOOO!!!

On my pizza was a multigrain crust, tomato sauce (extra), roma tomatoes, mixed peppers, spinach, red onion, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms:

IMG 0154 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Eric’s was the same just with a few less veggies on top…

IMG 0155 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

We both really enjoyed these pizzas. I love a thin crust!

Dessert was a fresh homemade vegan and gluten-free brownie!!!!! We split it and oh my was it ever delicious! What a perfect way to end the meal.

IMG 0144 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0157 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

What’s your take on dessert when eating out? Do you usually order it or tend to skip it?

Eric and I are typically always too full for dessert- we don’t know when to stop eating most of the time to save room! Last night we both had some room left so we jumped on the chance to have something sweet to end the meal.

We came home and got caught up on a 24 episode from two weeks ago. We watched it on Hulu…it was amazing—why can’t we have Hulu in Canada?

We are now back from a very long 11+ mile run + bike tour of the island and rushing to get ready. See ya when I see ya, I guess! :mrgreen: Have a great day!

Candice April 1, 2010

I LOVE the dolphins – that definitely would have been my favorite part of the day!

I hardly ever order dessert out – the only exception I make is if they have good looking vegan desserts. It’s so rare to find a place that caters to vegans, you gotta take advantage of it when you can!

kim April 1, 2010

Oh my God, those dolphins are KILLING me. Dolphins are the most amazing creatures… I love them! Thanks for those pictures! Glad you’re having a great time.

stina April 1, 2010

You’re dolphin pictures are amazing Angela! So gorgeous!

Usually when I’m out I look at the dessert menu right away. If something really stands out, I make it a point to save some room. Usually I end up skipping it. I do really like that restaurants are moving toward small, single serving desserts too. That makes it a lot easier.

Mary April 1, 2010

This si so cool!! My grandmother lived in Fort Myers for all of my younger years..so many memories of summers or holidays spent there and it’s neat to recognize these places in pictures you posted. the one that stood out the most was She Sells Sea Shells. My dad use to work there when he was a kid!! :D I hope you enjoy the rest of the vacation!

Mary April 1, 2010

This is so cool!! My grandmother lived in Fort Myers for all of my younger years..so many memories of summers or holidays spent there and it’s neat to recognize these places in pictures you posted. the one that stood out the most was She Sells Sea Shells. My dad use to work there when he was a kid!! :D I hope you enjoy the rest of the vacation!

Kim April 1, 2010

This may sound like a dumb question, but why don’t you have access to hulu in Canada? I thought it was the world-wide web?

Michelle @ HeathyEatingRoadmap April 1, 2010

The dolphins look so awesome!!!! I don’t order desert anymore at restaurants, but when I did I’d only ever get tiramisu. I had a strange obsession with it :)

Jenyfyr April 1, 2010

FABULOUS dolphin pics! Aren’t they amazing?! My hubby and I did a whale & dolphin watching tour in Dominica last October and we had the same thing with the dolphins playing in the wake of the boat (but we had about 200 of them…it was breathtaking). My videos didn’t turn out great so I’ve told him we have to do the same trip when our cruise ship stops there again this October, lol. Have a safe trip home! Good news – it’s been a beautiful week here in Ontario and this weekend is supposed to hit highs of 25!

Tina April 1, 2010

Oh the dolphins are so cute. That is such a fun experience when they ride by the boat. How fun! You look gorgeous too!

And for desserts, we don’t usually order them because we are always so full as well. Sometimes we might have something sweet later on, after we are home though.

pam landy April 1, 2010

I love Pizza Fusion!! Their multigrain crust is so yummy. I usually skip dessert at the actual restaurant with a few exceptions (cpk and cheesecake factory have amazing warm apple crisp I can’t always say no to even though my stomach is full), but usually opt for frozen yogurt afterward instead. :)

mountain girl April 1, 2010

Mm…spirulina chips- where’d you get ‘em? The pizza looks great. Dessert: I NEVER get it out. I only have sweet things if I concoct them myself, since that way I can make them healthy. Well, except for Purely Decadent Coconut Milk ice cream that is…:) But that’s as healthy as store-bought dessert comes, anyway! (And as expensive…yikes, $6/pint!)

Jolene April 1, 2010

Ooooooooh I love dolphins!!! So cute!!!

I am not a very big dessert fan. I much prefer something savoury or a coffee after dinner. I will occasionally order dessert, but it has to really stand out for me to want to try it.

Audrey April 2, 2010

Dolphins have to be one of my favorite animals. They are so cute! I love how it looks like they are smiling. :)

Jess - The Domestic Vegan April 2, 2010

Aw, cute pics in the sunglasses! I LOVE that baby dolphin, too! He’s totally smiling! ADORABLE.

I almost never order dessert in restaurants. Partly because it’s rare that a vegan dessert is offered, but also because I’m usually too full & don’t want to stuff myself. Though if I’m dining somewhere that has great vegan desserts, sometimes I’ll save a lil’ room so I can try something!

Ashley April 2, 2010

look at you being such a sun baby! loving seeing all about your vacation :) enjoy!!

Angela @ A Healthy Fit April 2, 2010

Your Dolphin pics are amazing. What a great vacay! I love the beach, but I am a Cali girl. We use to go to the beach all the time and go body boarding.

Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) April 2, 2010

What beautiful pictures! And that dinner… yum!

xo
K

Alison April 2, 2010

Awesome pictures of the dolphins!

Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com April 2, 2010

GREAT dolphin pictures!!! I went to wedding once on Sanibel Island. Some of the guests ended up missing the ceremony because they got stuck at a bridge lift. :(

Melissa April 2, 2010

Wow! Those dolphins are amazing and they were so close to you boat. So cool! I love doing the person-in-the-sunglasses pictures..too fun!
Holy I’ve got to go on vacation to get me some good pizza! Looks awesome. The hubby and I usually opt out of dessert just because I like making my own:)

Anne P April 2, 2010

Awww I’m obsessed with dolphins… those are AWESOME pictures!!

Page 2 of 2«12