She Sells Sea Shells

Hey there :)

After we departed the condo yesterday morning, we headed to check into our final destination in Fort Myers! We got a great deal on a 3 star Country Inn and Suites for just over a buck and change. The hotel is very clean and very friendly! I highly recommend it if you are looking for a place close to the bridge to the island.

IMG 0021 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

It was a very standard inn…all I care about is that it is CLEAN really! I am a huge clean freak… ;)

IMG 0022 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0024 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0046 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Lunch was food we had packed to save a buck. I made an avocado and dried mango sandwich…interesting to say the least! I thought it was going to be so gross but it turned out ok (just chewy).

IMG 0029 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells IMG 0032 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Raw spirulina chips and an Adore bar. The chips are good- they tasted very green at first, but once I got used to it I got hooked on them.

IMG 0033 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells IMG 0036 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Then we were off to Sanibel Island for our Dolphin tour with Sanibel Thriller…

IMG 0060 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0063 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Lighthouse on the island…

IMG 0062 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

IMG 3300 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

We were so pumped!

We saw TONS of dolphins!!!!!

IMG 3326 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells IMG 3327 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

They love riding in the wake of the boat :)

IMG 3328 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

SO CUTE! GAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. They have to be one of the coolest creatures on the planet. The baby is definitely smiling and having a blast!

IMG 33232 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

It was definitely one of the highlights of our whole trip!! The dolphins swam in the wake for a long time- and several times during our 1.5 hour boat ride.

Then we were off to the beach…

IMG 0077 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

IMG 0121 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Goofy pictures ensued…

IMG 0122 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Sanibel Island is one of the best places to collect sea shells!

IMG 0131 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0129 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

I think they call it the ‘Sanibel Stoop’ to represent all the people bent over on the beach picking up shells! ;)

IMG 0134 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells  IMG 0082 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells IMG 0094 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

I soaked up every last ray I could!

IMG 0093 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Two things I could do without…sand in my toes and jellyfish…hehehe ;)

IMG 0119 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0110 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Then we were back, got ready, and hit up Pizza Fusion! We were hangry!

IMG 0140 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0137 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

We waited almost 40 minutes just to get a table…this place in Fort Myers was small and understaffed…I assume due to the recession they were running a skeleton staff like many of the restaurants we went to.

IMG 0142 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

I got the half fusion salad to start…and Eric the chicken Caesar…

IMG 0150 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0149 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Our appetizers took another 30 minutes to arrive so we were starving by this point!

IMG 0143 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

We made our own custom pizzas! WHOHOOO!!!

On my pizza was a multigrain crust, tomato sauce (extra), roma tomatoes, mixed peppers, spinach, red onion, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms:

IMG 0154 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

Eric’s was the same just with a few less veggies on top…

IMG 0155 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

We both really enjoyed these pizzas. I love a thin crust!

Dessert was a fresh homemade vegan and gluten-free brownie!!!!! We split it and oh my was it ever delicious! What a perfect way to end the meal.

IMG 0144 thumb   She Sells Sea ShellsIMG 0157 thumb   She Sells Sea Shells

What’s your take on dessert when eating out? Do you usually order it or tend to skip it?

Eric and I are typically always too full for dessert- we don’t know when to stop eating most of the time to save room! Last night we both had some room left so we jumped on the chance to have something sweet to end the meal.

We came home and got caught up on a 24 episode from two weeks ago. We watched it on Hulu…it was amazing—why can’t we have Hulu in Canada?

We are now back from a very long 11+ mile run + bike tour of the island and rushing to get ready. See ya when I see ya, I guess! :mrgreen: Have a great day!

Heather (Heather's Dish) April 1, 2010

OHMIGOSH the dolphins are AMAZING!!! what a fun way to spend the day…

i’m always up for dessert, but i’m not always up for the prices, so we only get it on special occasions. it’s always SO GOOD though :) soak up some rays for me?

Jessica @ How Sweet April 1, 2010

I love those pics in the sunglasses. :) I am sad your vacation is coming to an end since I am living vicariously through you! :)

I love dessert, but am often too full for it. If I want it, I save room, or have an early dinner and dessert later. I like many of my own things better than what is in restaurants!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] April 1, 2010

What great pictures! You look like you’re getting a lil’ Spring tan ; )

Sarah April 1, 2010

Oh those dolphins are too cute!!!!

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 1, 2010

Those dolphin pictures are absolutely amazing! Your should submit them.
What a great time.
11 miles run?! Awesome, girl!
Safe travels!

Delphine April 1, 2010

LOVE your nail and toe polish colours. Do you mind sharing what brand/colour they are or where they’re from? I’m looking for the perfect summer colour, and those are gorgeous! Of course, love the Dolphin photos too!

bitt April 1, 2010

I’ve been to Sanibel island many times. Great shells indeed. Tons of dolphins too.

Amazing that you found a GF treat out! In florida no less. wow.

Lisa April 1, 2010

Wow! Those dolphins look beautiful! What a nice vacation! :)

Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin April 1, 2010

How cool that you got to see so many dolphins!!

My take on dessert out varies. If I want something, I get it or split a dessert with someone. I think, for me, learning that not every time I eat out is a special occasion has helped put it in perspective.

Lizzie April 1, 2010

I used to have dessert all the time in my 20′s. Now, I just have it if it’s my birthday, our anniversary, or if I am with a friend (s) and we’re all going to split something. It’s either got to be chocolate or citrus based :) Dessert at home is usually fruit, a bowl of cereal . .. but lately it’s been your yummy chocolate pudding with avocado . .. LOVE IT!! Have a safe trip home!

Kelly April 1, 2010

Those dolphin pictures are beautiful! I love dolphins! Hate jellyfish too though.

Jenny April 1, 2010

I love desserts at all times:) sometimes the price isn’t worth what you get though, so it’s gotta be a good one:)

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday April 1, 2010

Oh to have access to Hulu! That would be a dream

Morgan April 1, 2010

Dolphins are such beautiful and amazing creatures! I went swimming with them once, and it was one of my greatest experiences!
I can’t believe you don’t have Hulu, what a bummer! 24 has been good this season, at least you can catch up a little!

Claire April 1, 2010

The dolphin in the last photo was smiling at ya,Angela!:-)cc

liane April 1, 2010

I so wish we had access to hulu, it’s the greatest tv/movie viewing site!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman April 1, 2010

Those dolphins are so cool. I’ve always wanted to swim with the dolphins. As for dessert, I always, always eat it when I’m out (unless it’s an Italian restaurant in which case I’m not big into tiramisu or cannoli). Most times I’d rather get a smaller dinner than skimp on dessert. And yes I’m partially insane.

Whitney @ Lettuce Love April 1, 2010

Love Fort Myers! Cool dolphins! I usually never order dessert. I don’t really like what restaurants have. It is always too huge and way too sweet for me.

Sammi April 1, 2010

You don’t have hulu in Canada!! :( That’s depressing! Do you have access to surfthechannel.com? It has links to tv shows on there.

I have a hard time saving room for dessert! My boyfriend and I usually get an appetizer when we go out which makes it even harder to save room! Sometimes, I just take the dessert to go for later if I see something I really want :)

Tami April 1, 2010

Sanibel. is. the. best. place. on. earth.

Erin April 1, 2010

AWESOME Dolphin pictures!!

Samantha April 1, 2010

Dolphins are so pretty! I can’t believe you don’t have hulu either!!

jodie April 1, 2010

I love dolphins. Normally we don’t have dessert when we eat out. If we want dessert, we eat a meal at home and go out specifically for that. I too am a clean freak. I don’t care how small the room is, as long as it’s clean. Looking at your vacation pictures makes me want to visit Florida soon.

Ash @ Good Taste. Healthy Me April 1, 2010

Those dolphins are so cool! I absolutely love Florida. It’s one of my favorite vacation destinations!

Sarah April 1, 2010

My parents and in-laws stayed in that same area last summer and loved it! Glad you are having a good time, I’m jealous :)

Bethany (Not Unless I'm Being Chased) April 1, 2010

Oooh, I’ve been to She Sells Sea Shells. It’s so cute! It was neat to see all your Sanibel Island pics, I was there back in 2005. So pretty! :)
I almost always skip dessert when we eat out. I must give off some kind of vibe to the wait staff because they usually ask, “did we save room for…? okay, no, that’s a no.”

Jil April 1, 2010

Ahhh! The dolphin pictures are aaaaaamzing!!!!! So cute!!!! And those pizzas look awesome!

Allie O April 1, 2010

Glad to see you enjoyed yourself in my hometown!! Our Pizza Fusion is unfortunately VERY small and slow. :)

Debbi April 1, 2010

The pizza looks amazing and the dolphins look like so much fun!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing April 1, 2010

First of all, you look amazing in your bikini!!! And the dolphins are precious!!!
Mmmm that pizza and brownie, oh YUM!!! Talk about my PERFECT ideal meal!

Angela April 1, 2010

Safe travels home!! I love to split dessert with my hubs when we have the chance to get out for a nice dinner!

And ya…very sad that we don’t get Hulu in Canada.:(

Noelle April 1, 2010

I want to be there! I meant to ask, is Eric vegan at certain times? I know I have seen him eat chicken, but I see that he is nice to go to places that have many vegan choices.

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) April 1, 2010

I spent my summer working on Hilton Head Island, SC last year and got within 1 foot of a WHOLE FAMILY OF DOLPHINS while KAYAKING!!! It was incredible. They were blowing out of the holes on their head right in front of me. It was a little scary though b/c I didn’t know if they were gonna tip my kayak!!

I love dolphins. They make me smile.

Leah April 1, 2010

I love the dolphin pictures. Ive only ever seen them at the aquarium and its just not the same. Theyre adorable!!

Taylor April 1, 2010

Typically my man and I judge dessert on what we ate for dinner. If it was a “splurge” of a dinner than we typically go without. But if we ate healthfully and moderately, we will use our splurge on dessert (which we ALWAYS just split). Kinda an either/or deal. Being a sweet tooth…I normally prefer a healthier, lighter meal and a good dessert, even if it’s just a few bites!

Meg's Gut April 1, 2010

Usually I can’t have many of the desserts listed on the menu as they’re filled with sugar, dairy and gluten…boo!

Those are great pics of the dolphins! And the mango-avocado sammie sounds very intersting, I am interested to try that combo!

Christine (The Raw Project) April 1, 2010

Great dolphin pics! On dessert when going out – depends on what’s on the menu, I’m not comfortable with sugar and dairy loaded options, but am all over it at a vegan/raw-vegan place! :-)

Kelly April 1, 2010

I’m definitely always too full for dessert- oops!

I stayed at a Country Inn and Suites in Niagara and I thought it was really nice :) Glad you are still having a ton of fun!

Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ April 1, 2010

Congrats for being bold enough to put pics of yourself in a bikini. You look great and you should flaunt your hard work.

kate April 1, 2010

You dont have Hulu in Canada?!?! What a crime!

Page 1 of 212»