Hey Ya’ll!

Good morning!

This post is going to be lightening fast as we are rushing off to Universal Studios this morning! :)

We arrived safe and sound to Caitlin’s yesterday! It was about a 3.5 hour drive from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. The drive was quite boring and I dozed on and off most of the trip. The weather however continues to be glorious and hot! We drove with the top down for some of the drive.

Oh, by the way we got some car snacks from Whole Foods before we left!

IMG_9528IMG_9518

Unfortunately Kashi TLC crackers are not vegan so I couldn’t have any but the 365 Wheat thins are!

We also picked up 1/4 of a bushel of tangerine’s at a rest stop! They are sooooo good here!

I was so excited when we finally pulled up! Look who greeted us:

IMG_9537IMG_9539

Note: NOT my leg…bahhahaha

That would be James and Maggie and they are the cutest dogs!!!

We relaxed at Caitlin’s for a bit and then I showered and got ready to go to our meet-up. Caitlin and I hit it off immediately. I still think it is funny how you can know someone though a blog and know so much about them and when you meet them you don’t have to ask them all of those get to know you questions. I even knew what the inside of her apartment looked like before I saw it! LOL.

IMG_9545

She is sweet as pie and has the cutest Southern Accent! :mrgreen: Her husband, Christian, is also really nice and has an English accent of his own that I quite took a liking too! He has a really good sense of humour and was always making us laugh.

We went out to The Wine Bar in downtown Orlando! The meet-up was huge- I think 20-25 people for this one.

IMG_9547

It was very fun meeting everyone after reading their blogs for so long!

Blogger in action..

IMG_9552

Eric and I still weren’t in a big drinking mood, so he just got a Red Stripe and me some red wine.

IMG_9550 IMG_9564

IMG_9554

Everyone was so much fun, I only wished we had more time together.

IMG_9559

IMG_9560

My stomach was not feeling very well last night so I wasn’t going to order anything, but at the last minute I got a salad just as some filler to go with my wine.

IMG_9566

The sweet potato chips rocked!

IMG_9565

The boys…

IMG_9569

IMG_9570

Everyone makes fun of us when we say EH…and we make fun of them when they say Ya’ll. lol.

IMG_9571 IMG_9572

We headed next door to a sports bar for a bit…it was LOUD!!! I guess it is March Madness?? :) However, we were not in the party mood. I guess we are getting OLD!

IMG_9574

IMG_9576

Me water, Eric beer. :mrgreen: I was sooooo tired last night! Traveling makes me tired. Don’t I seem tired in the pics?? It was till so much fun though!

IMG_9578

It was a fun night! We are currently rushing to leave for Universal Studios now!!

IMG_9581Today’s question: Have you ever been to one of the Disney parks or Universal Studios or any other park in FL?

I have been to Disney and Universal when I used to live here back in the day- I think I was only in kindergarten and grade 1 so I don’t remember much at all.

I’m going to ask Caitlin if she will make me a chocolate cherry BOMB smoothie!!! :mrgreen:

Have a wonderful start to your weekend!

1 Lindsey March 27, 2010

How exciting!!! Though I do hope you feel better today (after some rest & relaxation)!

Take care, yo! What a lovely LOVELY vacation you’ve had so far. I’m quite green with envy (but only in the best of ways)! Indeed!

Take it easy! Have fun! :)

2 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is March 27, 2010

Sounds like you are having a blast, girl! :)
I have never been to Disney or anywhere like that. I guess my parents didn’t want to drag 3 kids there. Someday I’m sure I’ll understand. :)

3 Amanda March 27, 2010

hello! i’ve been reading your stuff a lot lately and just wanted to thank you for all the tips and links! it’s making my struggle to get back into shape much more enjoyable!

i’ve been to every disney park multiple times, but i’ve only ever been to universal’s islands of adventure. the dueling dragons roller coaster there is awesome!

hope you have a great day!

4 Lindsay @cookingforaveganlover March 27, 2010

I have been to all the Disney Parks, Universal Studios and Sea World. Disney is my favorite! I’d love to go back to Universal though – it’s been about 9 years since I last went. City Walk at Universal is really fun though! Have a great day

5 GirlonRaw March 27, 2010

How cool that you guys finally get to meet IN REAL LIFE. I do think it is weird (but cool weird) that we meet some truly wonderful pals in the blogosphere then meet up in the flesh. Awesome trip girl!

6 Alexis March 27, 2010

I’m glad that you’re enjoying your time in FL, and that the weather is finally cooperating for you!

I actually live in Orlando, so I see the theme parks quite often (especially when people visit). Universal’s Islands of Adventure is definitely my favorite. I could ride the Hulk and the Jurassic Park ride all day!

Hope you have fun!

7 Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg March 27, 2010

What a fun meet-up!! Traveling makes me tired too– but you look like you’re having a blast!

I’ve never been to Disney World or any of the Universal places…and I still give my parents a hard time about not taking us when we were kids :-)

8 Amanda March 27, 2010

You really do look beat! What an awesome vacation though! My best friend is canadian: when we first met she had this gorgeous accent and said ‘eh’ , then I would ask her where her toque was. Then of course she’d make a joke about americans, oh the fun! I’d probably tease them for saying ‘y’all’…. fair is fair.

9 Eliana >^..^ March 27, 2010

I am so happy you made it safe and that you are having so much fun. Say hi to Caitlyn for me, hopefully I get to meet her soon too. :O)

Her dogs are so cute, gotta love animals. :O)

Marc and I were “making fun” of your accent when we left, you kept saying “eh”. :O) But who am I to judge with that thick Colombian accent? LOL :O)

I have to all the themed parks, my top 3 are Busch Gardens (Its in Tampa though), Islands of Adventures (lots of roller coasters) and Animal Kingdom.

Hope you have a lot of fun today. Take tons of pics.

xox

10 Jennie {in Wonderland} March 27, 2010

I worked at Disney for a year… it was pretty awesome. I also met my bf there – we both worked in EPCOT at the World Showcase bit. So yes, I wore the Canadian lumberjack costume!

I love Disney. We’re going back for a trip in June and I can’t wait!!

11 Midgetkeeper March 27, 2010

How fun!

I have been to all the Disney Orland parks, Universal, Busch Gardens, Sea World, as well as a few Six Flags Theme parks. I hate roller coasters though. haha

12 EaterNotARunner March 27, 2010

Looks like a blast! I get super tired from traveling too. I’ve been to Disney a bunch of times and it’s always fun :-)

13 Faith March 27, 2010

So glad you decided on Universal! Hope you have a blast – it was so much fun to meet y’all last night ;)

14 Kelly March 27, 2010

So jealous of the meetup! Looks like tons of fun!

15 Lizzie March 27, 2010

My parents took us to Disneyland and Universal in LA when we were kids – this was a huge deal as it’s a bit of a hike from Oz to LA! My brother and I had so much fun!! My in laws have taken my nieces to the Florida one.

And in answer to your questions, um . . NO!! You don’t look tired at all. I’m wondering how you get your skin to look that great and glowing :)

16 Casey March 27, 2010

How fun!! I adore that dress you’re wearing. Too cute.

I’ve been to Universal, Islands of Adventure (next door to Universal), Adventure Island, Busch Gardens, Sea World… almost all of them since I’m a Florida native. My favorite is Islands or Busch Gardens in Tampa.

Have a blast today!

17 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 27, 2010

The blogging world never ceases to amaze me – it feels like we know each other even though we’ve never met!!!! Very cool.
Looks like FUN!! I bet Caitlin is a blast!
I’ve been to Disney one time, just 3 or so years ago and it was a BLAST! My favorite was Epcot :)

18 Kalli@fitandfortysomething March 27, 2010

I get exhausted too when I travel. Enjoy your day at universal! I have only been to theme parks here in so cal.

19 Cassandra March 27, 2010

Looked like so much fun!!! I’ve never been to any universal or disney parks, but hopefully this summer I’ll be getting off this lazy butt and doing big things :)
xo
P.s. I finally tried to make that avocado pudding…. It didn’t work out… I guess my avocado was too ripe?!?

20 christina cadden March 27, 2010

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Be safe!

21 Danielle March 27, 2010

Oh yay, it sounds like so much fun! It’s too cute that you and Caitlin are getting along so well, it never ceases to amaze me how compatible certain bloggers are with each other, as if it were the millionth time meeting when it’s really the first ;) have a blast!

22 Danielle (Coffee Run) March 27, 2010

I love that your post title is “Yall” and hers is “Eh” haha

Enjoy the weekend!!

23 Heather March 27, 2010

disney is my passion! I go 2-3 times a year, just got back a week ago lol!
looks like yall had a blast!

24 Mara @ What's for Dinner? March 27, 2010

What a blast!!! I’ve been to both Disney and Universal and liked Universal WAY more!! Have fun!

25 Meghan@traveleatlove March 27, 2010

I have never been to Disney! Or Orlando! The first time I actually went to FL was a few years ago for a work conference. Its so funny how much of Europe I have seen and how much of the US I haven’t yet!

26 Krystina (Organically Me) March 27, 2010

Those tortilla chips (on the salad) look yum!

In case you didn’t know, a few kinds of Kashi crackers are vegan (notably their version of triscuits).

Have a blast at Universal! I went to Disney World once, but I didn’t get a chance to go to other parks.

27 Cynthia (It All Changes) March 27, 2010

My grandparents used to live near Disney so we went a few times as kids and once right after my college grad. It was fun.

28 Ameena March 27, 2010

I went to Epcot once and it was kind of a disaster…I highly recommend you steer clear. :) Have a great time at Universal though!

29 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 27, 2010

I love how the boys are sitting at a separate table :) What a huge meet up–you’re so popular.

I’ve been to Disney 4 times and Unversal maybe once but I don’t remember it. I want to go to Unversal SO badly–I think I’ll have to wait to go with my own children some day :)

30 Candice March 27, 2010

I know what you mean about traveling making you tired – I get the same way, especially with a lot of driving!

I’ve never been to sny of the parks, but people I know who have LOVE it and continue to go back. So, I guess it must be great!

Hope you have a great time and continue to get rested up!

31 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 27, 2010

So fun to meet up with fellow bloggers and have those some things in common. What a fun time.

32 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman March 27, 2010

It looks like you had a great time. Enjoy Universal. I went way back when I was in 4th grade and LOVED it. You’re going to have a blast!

33 Jolene March 27, 2010

Nope, I haven’t been to any of those parks … I would love to go though!

34 Vanessa March 27, 2010

Hi, I’m a new reader from Canada (Saskatchewan actually) and I went to Universal and Disney world in florida about a month ago and had a blast! I wasn’t sure if I would be really into disney anymore, but I loved it.. It brings out the kid in everyone I guess!
Have a great time!

35 Jenn (eating bender) March 27, 2010

I told the Twittersphere that I am SO jealous of this wonderful meet up! If only I lived in Florida! Any chance you’ll ever make a visit to Chicago? :) I promise to play hostess!

Seriously though, glad you had fun and I can’t wait to see what you think of the rest of your trip. Love it!

36 Katerina March 27, 2010

EH!!!!!!!!!!!

(When I lived in Seattle I used to get teased all the time about the “eh”. Fine by me.)

37 Jil March 27, 2010

I love “The Hulk” roller coaster at Islands of Adventure! haha :) And love your dress!! Too cute!

38 Lin March 27, 2010

I’m reading your post but I can’t get over your dress!!! I love it!!! I totally thought the hairy leg was yours though haha jk

39 kathleen March 27, 2010

i’m loving these vacation posts! so cheerful. i have been to universal and disney world in fl a couple times. once because my dad had a business trip when i was a child and later on a family vacation.

40 katherine March 27, 2010

Ah, be proud of the eh’s!

41 Abri March 27, 2010

I LOVE all Orlando theme parks… every summer when I was a kid we went out there. I am actually insanely jealous that you are going to Universal Studios today. I haven’t been out there in several years… maybe I should plan a trip soon.. hmmmmm….. :-)

42 Christine (The Raw Project) March 27, 2010

Great pics, so many memories from my FL years and yes, I heard “y’all” lots, but swear I never said it myself. :-)I’ve been to pretty much every theme park in Orlando and my absolute favorite is Islands of Adventure for the extreme roller coasters, wildly themed sections and other creative attractions. I’ve been to it 5 times while living in the area because it’s that good. Have fun!

43 Katherine March 27, 2010

CUTE dress! I love the pictures of you ladies being bloggers and taking pictures (plus the group shot with a million cameras at the bottom). I’ve always wondered what bloggers do with taking so many pictures.
Do you ever feel uncomfortable or self-conscious pulling out your camera in public?
Thanks
Katherine
whataboutsummer.wordpress.com

44 Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear March 27, 2010

I’ve been to the Universal Studios once, I would like to go again :)

I love your dress, it’s very cute!

45 cassie March 27, 2010

i’ve been to disney and absolutely loved it… i felt like a kid again.. my parents didn’t take us when i was younger but i went in college with a few friends and had a blast…

46 eatdrinkandbemerrynyc March 27, 2010

Looks like SO much fun! I always forget people from FL have southern accents sometimes since all MY friends from FL sound like New Yorkers!!
xoxo
S

47 Janet (Pantry Bites) March 27, 2010

I’m from So Cal so I grew up going to Universal Studios and Disneyland. I recently went back to Universal Studios and it was awesome. A whole lot of new rides and everything was updated with the latest movies. Highly rated!

48 MLT March 27, 2010

Aw, fun!
And I am in love with your dress, it looks great on you! Can you share where it’s from? Also, I loved that white dress you had on a couple of days ago- very similar style to this one. Are they from the same shop!

Your vacation looks like a blast- good for you for making it happen!

49 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 27, 2010

“Y’all” is so so wrong.

50 Lauren March 27, 2010

Looks like such a fun meet up!
I’m from Toronto, so I also tend to say eh without noticing.
Glad youre having fun in Florida…I went to Disney World when I was around 3, I have lots of cute pictures, but I really don’t remember anything about it. Hope you have fun at Universal Studios!

51 Hilary March 27, 2010

Man I made the same mistake with those TLC crackers. I just assumed they were vegan – I had been eating them for weeks – only to discover once I actually checked the ingredients that they weren’t!

Oh and I am ALL ABOUT THE EH. EH!!! (but I’m from Vancouver so it’s all good!)

52 Kelly March 27, 2010

I just came back from a week in Disney World. I LOVE IT! However, I didn’t like Universal. Disney bends over backwards to accommodate you. Universal could care less that there isn’t anything in the park that a vegan can eat. I didn’t have any problem at all in Disney World though. Anyway, we went to all the parks and had a great time!

53 Elyse March 27, 2010

I went to Universal Studios for spring break this year with my family and extended family. I got to see the Harry Potter exhibit which was thrilling (nerd alert). One Christmas my whole mom’s side of the family went to Disney. It was one of the best family vacations ever! Also, the first time I went to Disney I went with my uncles and my cousin. Let’s just say we came back in the same clothes we wore there….thats another story.

54 Monica (Musings of the Granola Girl) March 27, 2010

Disney all the way! My parents used to take me and my sister nearly every year when we were growing up (long car ride to Florida from Chicago every year) and it was a blast. I’ve never been to Universal and don’t think I’d want to waste my time there, I’d rather just spend it all at Disney instead! Everything Disney does is quality.

55 Kacie @ Nonexistent Colors March 27, 2010

Hi Angela! I love your blog, and added yours to mine! So inspiring!

56 Kath March 27, 2010

Caitlin has a southern accent!? I guess we all do being south of Canada ;)

57 ::christine:: March 27, 2010

Yay! A pic of me and Angela!! I’m the girl in black glowing with joy at meeting my favorite blogtress.

By the way, Angela is even more beautiful and glows even more than she does in pictures – I know, I know, it seems impossible but very true.

58 LisaG March 27, 2010

Glad you’re having fun. Yep, I live a few hours north of Orlando so have been many times, you will love it.

59 Eve March 27, 2010

My favorite park is Magic Kingdom……..it’s where I got engaged!!! I love reading about your Florida adventures, it’s getting me ready and excited for when I go!! Only a few months to go! :-D

60 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 27, 2010

I’ve been to all of the parks there, but the one that i liked the most was Epcot…i LOVE learning about different cultures! i will say though, the bigger the roller coaster, the better. i love them!

so glad y’all are having a great time!

61 erica March 27, 2010

hey! i just went to all the disney parks and sea world back in november. i LOVED it. i especially love epcot and magic kingdom :)

hope you’re having a great time

62 mountain girl March 27, 2010

Hey! I’ve been to the Magic Kingdom! But it was ‘way back when I was 10!

63 Mary March 27, 2010

I haven’t been to any of the disney parks since high school. I did recently just go to florida with my boyfriend who lives in orlando to meet his parents! he took me to seaworld which was awesome. I know you’ll have an amazing time while you’re down there. how could you not! Disney is the happiest place on earth!!

64 Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl March 27, 2010

Your trip is sounding more and more fun by each post! haha I’m gladyou are having such a great time! i have never been to Universal studios or anything like that!

65 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 27, 2010

I love how the blogging community brings people together and creates friends from miles apart, across entire continents. :D I’ve been to Universal Studios on both coast and also both Disneys. They’re fun because it’s not just an amusement park but so much more.

66 jaimegirl March 27, 2010

hi Angela! you said you used to live in FL–do you have dual citizenship? just curious! also, i’m from up north(philly) so “y’all” solicits gentle ribbing from me as well. all in good fun of course! have fun the rest of your trip!

67 Jordan March 28, 2010

I LOVE Universal Studios!! I’ve been three times with my family. The last time was this past summer, and I already miss it sooo much. I’d go back in a heartbeat if I could!

68 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 28, 2010

What a fun blog meetup! Caitlin and her hubby sound so cute =D

xo