Hey Ya’ll!

Good morning!

This post is going to be lightening fast as we are rushing off to Universal Studios this morning! :)

We arrived safe and sound to Caitlin’s yesterday! It was about a 3.5 hour drive from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. The drive was quite boring and I dozed on and off most of the trip. The weather however continues to be glorious and hot! We drove with the top down for some of the drive.

Oh, by the way we got some car snacks from Whole Foods before we left!

IMG_9528IMG_9518

Unfortunately Kashi TLC crackers are not vegan so I couldn’t have any but the 365 Wheat thins are!

We also picked up 1/4 of a bushel of tangerine’s at a rest stop! They are sooooo good here!

I was so excited when we finally pulled up! Look who greeted us:

IMG_9537IMG_9539

Note: NOT my leg…bahhahaha

That would be James and Maggie and they are the cutest dogs!!!

We relaxed at Caitlin’s for a bit and then I showered and got ready to go to our meet-up. Caitlin and I hit it off immediately. I still think it is funny how you can know someone though a blog and know so much about them and when you meet them you don’t have to ask them all of those get to know you questions. I even knew what the inside of her apartment looked like before I saw it! LOL.

IMG_9545

She is sweet as pie and has the cutest Southern Accent! :mrgreen: Her husband, Christian, is also really nice and has an English accent of his own that I quite took a liking too! He has a really good sense of humour and was always making us laugh.

We went out to The Wine Bar in downtown Orlando! The meet-up was huge- I think 20-25 people for this one.

IMG_9547

It was very fun meeting everyone after reading their blogs for so long!

Blogger in action..

IMG_9552

Eric and I still weren’t in a big drinking mood, so he just got a Red Stripe and me some red wine.

IMG_9550 IMG_9564

IMG_9554

Everyone was so much fun, I only wished we had more time together.

IMG_9559

IMG_9560

My stomach was not feeling very well last night so I wasn’t going to order anything, but at the last minute I got a salad just as some filler to go with my wine.

IMG_9566

The sweet potato chips rocked!

IMG_9565

The boys…

IMG_9569

IMG_9570

Everyone makes fun of us when we say EH…and we make fun of them when they say Ya’ll. lol.

IMG_9571 IMG_9572

We headed next door to a sports bar for a bit…it was LOUD!!! I guess it is March Madness?? :) However, we were not in the party mood. I guess we are getting OLD!

IMG_9574

IMG_9576

Me water, Eric beer. :mrgreen: I was sooooo tired last night! Traveling makes me tired. Don’t I seem tired in the pics?? It was till so much fun though!

IMG_9578

It was a fun night! We are currently rushing to leave for Universal Studios now!!

IMG_9581Today’s question: Have you ever been to one of the Disney parks or Universal Studios or any other park in FL?

I have been to Disney and Universal when I used to live here back in the day- I think I was only in kindergarten and grade 1 so I don’t remember much at all.

I’m going to ask Caitlin if she will make me a chocolate cherry BOMB smoothie!!! :mrgreen:

Have a wonderful start to your weekend!

Page 2 of 2«12
Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 28, 2010

What a fun blog meetup! Caitlin and her hubby sound so cute =D

xo
K

Jordan March 28, 2010

I LOVE Universal Studios!! I’ve been three times with my family. The last time was this past summer, and I already miss it sooo much. I’d go back in a heartbeat if I could!

jaimegirl March 27, 2010

hi Angela! you said you used to live in FL–do you have dual citizenship? just curious! also, i’m from up north(philly) so “y’all” solicits gentle ribbing from me as well. all in good fun of course! have fun the rest of your trip!

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 27, 2010

I love how the blogging community brings people together and creates friends from miles apart, across entire continents. :D I’ve been to Universal Studios on both coast and also both Disneys. They’re fun because it’s not just an amusement park but so much more.

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl March 27, 2010

Your trip is sounding more and more fun by each post! haha I’m gladyou are having such a great time! i have never been to Universal studios or anything like that!

Mary March 27, 2010

I haven’t been to any of the disney parks since high school. I did recently just go to florida with my boyfriend who lives in orlando to meet his parents! he took me to seaworld which was awesome. I know you’ll have an amazing time while you’re down there. how could you not! Disney is the happiest place on earth!!

mountain girl March 27, 2010

Hey! I’ve been to the Magic Kingdom! But it was ‘way back when I was 10!

erica March 27, 2010

hey! i just went to all the disney parks and sea world back in november. i LOVED it. i especially love epcot and magic kingdom :)

hope you’re having a great time

Heather (Heather's Dish) March 27, 2010

I’ve been to all of the parks there, but the one that i liked the most was Epcot…i LOVE learning about different cultures! i will say though, the bigger the roller coaster, the better. i love them!

so glad y’all are having a great time!

Eve March 27, 2010

My favorite park is Magic Kingdom……..it’s where I got engaged!!! I love reading about your Florida adventures, it’s getting me ready and excited for when I go!! Only a few months to go! :-D

LisaG March 27, 2010

Glad you’re having fun. Yep, I live a few hours north of Orlando so have been many times, you will love it.

::christine:: March 27, 2010

Yay! A pic of me and Angela!! I’m the girl in black glowing with joy at meeting my favorite blogtress.

By the way, Angela is even more beautiful and glows even more than she does in pictures – I know, I know, it seems impossible but very true.

Kath March 27, 2010

Caitlin has a southern accent!? I guess we all do being south of Canada ;)

Kacie @ Nonexistent Colors March 27, 2010

Hi Angela! I love your blog, and added yours to mine! So inspiring!

Monica (Musings of the Granola Girl) March 27, 2010

Disney all the way! My parents used to take me and my sister nearly every year when we were growing up (long car ride to Florida from Chicago every year) and it was a blast. I’ve never been to Universal and don’t think I’d want to waste my time there, I’d rather just spend it all at Disney instead! Everything Disney does is quality.

Elyse March 27, 2010

I went to Universal Studios for spring break this year with my family and extended family. I got to see the Harry Potter exhibit which was thrilling (nerd alert). One Christmas my whole mom’s side of the family went to Disney. It was one of the best family vacations ever! Also, the first time I went to Disney I went with my uncles and my cousin. Let’s just say we came back in the same clothes we wore there….thats another story.

Kelly March 27, 2010

I just came back from a week in Disney World. I LOVE IT! However, I didn’t like Universal. Disney bends over backwards to accommodate you. Universal could care less that there isn’t anything in the park that a vegan can eat. I didn’t have any problem at all in Disney World though. Anyway, we went to all the parks and had a great time!

Hilary March 27, 2010

Man I made the same mistake with those TLC crackers. I just assumed they were vegan – I had been eating them for weeks – only to discover once I actually checked the ingredients that they weren’t!

Oh and I am ALL ABOUT THE EH. EH!!! (but I’m from Vancouver so it’s all good!)

Lauren March 27, 2010

Looks like such a fun meet up!
I’m from Toronto, so I also tend to say eh without noticing.
Glad youre having fun in Florida…I went to Disney World when I was around 3, I have lots of cute pictures, but I really don’t remember anything about it. Hope you have fun at Universal Studios!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 27, 2010

“Y’all” is so so wrong.

MLT March 27, 2010

Aw, fun!
And I am in love with your dress, it looks great on you! Can you share where it’s from? Also, I loved that white dress you had on a couple of days ago- very similar style to this one. Are they from the same shop!

Your vacation looks like a blast- good for you for making it happen!

Janet (Pantry Bites) March 27, 2010

I’m from So Cal so I grew up going to Universal Studios and Disneyland. I recently went back to Universal Studios and it was awesome. A whole lot of new rides and everything was updated with the latest movies. Highly rated!

eatdrinkandbemerrynyc March 27, 2010

Looks like SO much fun! I always forget people from FL have southern accents sometimes since all MY friends from FL sound like New Yorkers!!
xoxo
S

cassie March 27, 2010

i’ve been to disney and absolutely loved it… i felt like a kid again.. my parents didn’t take us when i was younger but i went in college with a few friends and had a blast…

Anne @ Food Loving Polar Bear March 27, 2010

I’ve been to the Universal Studios once, I would like to go again :)

I love your dress, it’s very cute!

Katherine March 27, 2010

CUTE dress! I love the pictures of you ladies being bloggers and taking pictures (plus the group shot with a million cameras at the bottom). I’ve always wondered what bloggers do with taking so many pictures.
Do you ever feel uncomfortable or self-conscious pulling out your camera in public?
Thanks
Katherine
whataboutsummer.wordpress.com

Christine (The Raw Project) March 27, 2010

Great pics, so many memories from my FL years and yes, I heard “y’all” lots, but swear I never said it myself. :-)I’ve been to pretty much every theme park in Orlando and my absolute favorite is Islands of Adventure for the extreme roller coasters, wildly themed sections and other creative attractions. I’ve been to it 5 times while living in the area because it’s that good. Have fun!

Abri March 27, 2010

I LOVE all Orlando theme parks… every summer when I was a kid we went out there. I am actually insanely jealous that you are going to Universal Studios today. I haven’t been out there in several years… maybe I should plan a trip soon.. hmmmmm….. :-)