Sublime Restaurant Meet and Eat

Hey guys!

The technical issues persist on!! I thought I lost all of my pictures from the meet-up last night because I went to load them on my laptop and all I got was a memory card error. Gulp. I tried to stay calm because I know Eric would save the day- and he did! :mrgreen: He recovered the pictures this morning so now I can post!

Yesterday, Eric and I finally had a really, really lazy vacation day. It was so needed after our late night. We lounged at the hotel pool and laid under a cabana with tons of shade.

V0011066

It was grand. :) We napped for most of the day. I think I nap best when I’m not trying. When I say to myself I’m going to bed to nap, I can’t…but when the conditions are ideal and I don’t feel like I have to sleep, it often comes naturally!

I don’t have food pictures…I left my camera up in the room and was too lazy to go get it. lol. I ended up having a veggie burger and sweet potato fries. Soooo good. I always crave carbs after a night of little sleep so it hit the spot!

We came up to the room late afternoon and a whole lotta TV watching was done…complete with plush white robe and alligator!!

V0011152

PS- I LOVE American television!!!!! Oh man, there are soooo many things to watch! I don’t think I would ever leave my house…haha. ;)

Finally, we pulled ourselves out of bed and got ready for the Sublime meet-up!

V0011185

Here is the group trying to smootch the rooster ;) [tip- don’t try to sit on the rooster. It is made of mosaic glass and hurts! lol]

V0011174

Everyone was so nice!!!

A table shot…

V0011167

Starting with me going counter-clockwise: Me, Lesley, Eliana, Marc, Jewel and family, Jelena, Stacey, Kelly, and Eric! :)

It was such a fun and lively group! We had a ball. :mrgreen:

Now onto the food!

Lesley and I split the Frito Misto – crispy cauliflower, sweet chili sauce, sesame seeds. Everyone raves about this as being the best dish in the restaurant!

V0011163

Needless to say, it was amazing. Picture sweet and sour chicken balls, but made with cauliflower pieces!!! So cool.

Compliments of the chef- some corn pesto ‘bread’ It was quite tasty!

V0011166

For the main course I got the Bangkok Raw – bok choy & Napa cabbage, cucumbers, peppers, carrots, broccoli, cilantro, basil, mint, garlic-ginger sauce

V0011170

I knew that I wanted to eat something very healthy for my dinner, given our wild night last night. ;) I had it with a slice of Eric’s pizza as well as the mushroom pizza given to me by Kelly and Stacey.

V0011173

YUM!

Fun fact- Pamela Anderson loves this restaurant and frequently visits.

V0011176

It was such a fun time. I am sad because I won’t be able to see these wonderful ladies for a long time! :(  I slept a solid 8 hours and feel like a million bucks today! Whohooo.

I woke up to this…

IMG_2822

and was super excited to go for my first run along the boardwalk!!! I got up grabbed a Glo Bar and hit the road.

V0011025

I ran for 45 minutes up and down the boardwalk. It was SUPER windy out there! I have no idea how far it was, but I was going pretty fast. I stopped at CVS and got a water half way through the run that was soooo needed.

V0011024  V0011023

There were tons of people out walking and running, eating breakfast in the outdoor cafes…it was so much fun. I ran by this elderly  man and he starting clapping and cheering when I ran by…he was like whohoo! It was SO FUNNY.

Then I saw this other man walking with a parrot on his shoulder!!! So random. When I ran by, the parrot looked at me and simply said, ‘Helllllloooooo’. Yea, I almost died laughing. :mrgreen:

It was such a great run…the best part was when Taylor Swift’s song ‘Today is a Fairytale’ came on and I blasted it. Yes, I’m a total nerd, but I love that song!!!! It is great to run to. ;)

We are off to checkout and then to an outdoor cafe for a very late breakfast. We decided to skip West Palm Beach because we got a great deal on another hotwire hotel in Ft. L. We love it here and wanted to stay 1 more day! Better get going…

I will try to post later tonight in the new hotel. Enjoy your day! :)

1 Bronwyn March 25, 2010

That cauliflower looks so good. I love when restaurants have a famous cauliflower dish, you just never expect it.

So jealous of that sunny Florida weather! Right now it’s looking a bit gloomy outside…

2 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 25, 2010

i think i’m in love with your vacation…looks like y’all are having the best time! i would LOVE to try that cauliflower…in fact, maybe I’ll play with recipes tonight ;)

hope you guys keep having a blast…you deserve this amazing break!

3 Jessica @ How Sweet March 25, 2010

I love the cabanas by pools! I’ve only ever seen them in Vegas and they were like $500 to rent, but I think they are the coolest things ever. I’d feel like a celeb!

4 Elle @ Acquired Tastes March 25, 2010

It’s so nice to run by the beach in the morning before it gets too hot – so peaceful :) I need to plan a vacation like now!

5 Eliana >^..^ March 25, 2010

Ange,

We had SO much fun, it was so lovely to finally meet you in person. I already told Marc we need to hit Toronto soon. LOL :O)

I will keep you posted on the 5K we will be doing, it was so nice to meet other local runners. :O)

Hope you keep having a great time.

BIG HUG!

6 Natasha March 25, 2010

Looks like a brilliant holiday!

Another fabulous dress Ange! The colour is so good on you! :-)

7 Lyssa March 25, 2010

can I just say how PAINFUL it is to read these posts!!!! hahahaha. I am so jealous! The pics are gorgeous and the food looked taaaasty :)

8 Laura Georgina March 25, 2010

LOVE seeing people walking with their parrots! People here in Trinidad also take their birds (in their birdcages!) for walks, which is so weird that I can’t imagine it happens in Florida… but if you see any, pics much appreciated ! :-)

9 Kelly March 25, 2010

Glad you were able to manage finding the pics! Your hubby is a lifesaver!

The weather looks so beautiful! You must be enjoying the trip so much. :)

10 Urban Girl March 25, 2010

So glad you liked the frito misto! That is definitely my favorite dish at Sublime. I’ve been trying to recreate it at home, but no luck yet…

Your vacation looks wonderful. Hope today is just as great!

11 Paige @ Running Around Normal March 25, 2010

The cauliflower dish looks so good!
Thanks for letting me vacation vicariously through this post while I’m sitting here in my cubicle! haha

12 kate March 25, 2010

So envious of your vacation! Looks like you guys are loving every second of it – and the eats – yummmm!

13 jess March 25, 2010

Ange, your dresses look amazing on you! Where did you get them from? By the way you look so happy and I am glad you are taking a time to relax. You deserve it!

14 Becky @ flybynyght March 25, 2010

Corn pesto bread? Wow – that sounds absolutely amazing (and like something I can try to make at home!!!)

15 Dotsie March 25, 2010

I’m glad you’re enjoying your vacation! Great pictures! I had to giggle on your comment about American TV–I thought, yep, that’s why we’re so fat..LOL. Sorry, I am an American, but I do feel we have excellent tv, and watch too much of it! ;-)

16 Kelly March 25, 2010

I love that song too, it’s totally on my most played list.

17 Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday March 25, 2010

HAHA! That parrot thing made me burst out laughing.

18 Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman March 25, 2010

I like Taylor Swift too. Her songs are great for working out. Another awesome dress!

19 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 25, 2010

You are on cloud 9! Sublime looks well sublime. What a entertaining run too :)

20 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 25, 2010

Looks like you guys are having a blast! I want a vacation!

21 Ameena March 25, 2010

What a great meet up! I wish that I could have joined…everyone looks so nice and the food looks delicious!!

22 Midgetkeeper March 25, 2010

That cauliflower dish looks so amazing. Your vacation looks like a dream!

23 Lauren @ Eater not a runner March 25, 2010

I’m the same way with napping. It’s the best when you get to though :-)

Looks like you’re having a blast!!

24 Kelly Michelle March 25, 2010

Angela,

It was so so nice finally getting to meet you last night! I had a blast. Thank you for including us in your vacation plans :)

p.s. I wanted to ask you how that homemade deodorant worked out and totally forgot!?

25 Jenny March 25, 2010

Gah! What a beautiful view- I’m jealous- Gainesville is grey and dreary today:(

26 Christine (The Raw Project) March 25, 2010

Wow, looks like great food and good times. I can never nap on demand either.

27 Kirsten March 25, 2010

Sounds like you had a great meet-up! Love Hotwire too – have used it a few times and always luck out.

28 EvaL March 25, 2010

Hey sis! Glad to see you are having fun! Love the pics!

29 Ali @ Food, Fitness, Fashion March 25, 2010

So funny about the parrot!!! I love that song too by the way!

30 Cynthia (It All Changes) March 25, 2010

I love that the old man cheered you on. That would have made me giggle.

I’m a dork and run to 80’s music right now. All I need is legwarmers and the big side ponytail :-)

31 Sweet Cheeks March 25, 2010

looks like so much fun!!! That cauliflower dish looks incredible. Glad you enjoyed your night!

32 Shannon March 25, 2010

LOVE your posts. Also love your dresses you have been wearing? LOVE THEM! Do you have the same dress in diff colours?

33 Melissa S. March 25, 2010

ah, i wish i could have been there to meet you! i live just south of jewels! but glad you’re enjoying fl!

34 Erin March 25, 2010

Where did you get that dress? I saw you wearing the same one, but another color in another post (I think), so it must be one of your faves too. It’s adorable!

35 Julie @SavvyEats March 25, 2010

I strongly think that your next vacation should be to upstate NY, so I can meet you!

36 eatdrinkandbemerrynyc March 25, 2010

Looks like a blast!!!

37 Jolene March 25, 2010

Mmmm, that frito misto sounds and looks excellent!

38 Janna (Just Flourishing) March 25, 2010

I’m a nerd and blast Taylor Swift too :)

Sublime looks like it was great! I have had a similar cauliflower dish at a new Italian restaurant that opened up near me. Who knew cauliflower could taste so good!

39 Meg's Gut March 25, 2010

that cauliflower looks so yummy, it would be interesting to duplicate something like that.
i like the cabana you napped it, looks very inviting for a nap!

40 Melinda March 25, 2010

The restaurant looks great. Glad he was able to recover your pictures.

41 Stacey March 25, 2010

Yay! It was so good to meet you and Eric! I had a really nice (and yummy) time. Thanks for planning and I hope you enjoy your last day in FTL and the rest of your time in Florida.

42 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 25, 2010

What a fun meetup- and beautiful place you guys are staying at!

xo
K

43 Lisa (bakebikeblog) March 25, 2010

what a great looking day! And that blue colour looks great on you!

44 Kimberly @ SinfullyThin.blogspot.com March 25, 2010

Hope you had fun, sure looks like it. The place you stayed at looks very nice!

45 Franziska (justalittlechocolate.com) March 25, 2010

Just found your blog through healthytippingpoint.com and really like it. Was intrigued by your about page – very honest. I have a Master in Nutrition and have and still work in reseach as well as teach a nutrition class- I am not a dietitian as I wanted to reach out to more people and share the joy of healthy eating and not just focus on clinic/hospital work. Just started my own nutrition blog which is focused on balanced eating for health, wellness and happiness back in October (www.justalittlechocolate.com) and it has been so much fun!!!
Look forward to reading more blog posts!

46 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 25, 2010

crispy cauliflower, how interesting and I bet it was good. It looked really good.

47 Sammi March 25, 2010

I’m from West Palm Beach and you’re not missing much ;) Ft Lauderdale is basically the same except way more fun! I’m glad you’re enjoying your vacation! I forget people like to vacation in fl sometimes.. I’ve lived here my entire life so I take it for granted I guess

48 LisaG March 25, 2010

You look so happy and carefree. Enjoy your time!

49 Erin March 25, 2010

A lot of American shows are available to watch online or they can be purchased on DVD (just FYI, in case you REALLY become addicted while on vacation!).

50 Lin March 25, 2010

What a fabulous vacation!! The hotel, the weather, and the food all look so good…. and I think the group consensus is that we all want to know where you got your dresses! ;o)

51 Samantha March 25, 2010

Awww Eric’s such a cutie!! SAVE THE DAY! :) Old people are so cute!! Love them!

52 Allison @ Food For Healing March 25, 2010

that cauliflower dish looks amazing!!

53 Jane March 25, 2010

I am so enjoying your trip….thanks for taking the time to share it….what a great trip….enjoy!!!

54 Lesley March 25, 2010

So great meeting you, eric and the others last night! It was a really nice meet-up and so glad you included us in your vacation plans. Enjoy the rest of your time in FL!

And thanks for sharing the frito misto with me :)

55 *Andrea* March 25, 2010

your dresses are just so lovely! cool eats. i love the veggie dishes!

56 Candice March 25, 2010

I wish so bad I lived in Florida – I’d love to “meet up!”

That cauliflower dish looks so delicious – I am going to have to try to replicate it or something – if that’s possible! And the view from your room this morning was beautiful!

Glad you guys are having such a great time:)

57 Grace aka Triathlonbabe March 26, 2010

Yum, that cauliflower dish looks delicious! The song you like seems fitting to your vacation! Continue having fun!

58 Lucretia November 4, 2013

I LOVE Sublime in Ft Lauderdale. I actually live just about 20 minutes north from there! Seeing your pictures makes me realize I need to go to the beach more often. Its amazing how life gets busy and I forget how blessed I am to live in such a beautiful place.

LOVE your blog by the way. Makes me want to start my own. Thanks for the inspiration!!!