Walk, Eat, And Drink In Naples

Greetings!

We had a fun day in Naples and luckily the rain held off until late afternoon.

One thing I forgot about Florida is the grass- I am always amused by how thick and crunchy it is here! Our grass in Ontario is so thin and weak. ;)

IMG_8940

IMG_8942

OSGMOM’s sunglasses- $6 from flea market in Daytona

Mine- $8 from a kiosk in ON

Gotta love knock-offs…

We hit up Naples today! It was a warm and windy 78F today.

IMG_8959

5th Avenue in Naples. Very over priced but quite pleasant on the eyes.

Lots of homes near the beach:

IMG_2611IMG_2612

Fun trees :)

IMG_2626

We looked around for a healthy restaurant, but a healthy restaurant we did not find! All the restaurants we saw were all about the burgers, calzones, pizza, fries, cheese pasta, etc.

We decided on Cafe Luna.

IMG_8946

Their only veg. option was a salad. It was delicious- strawberries, granny smith apples, pine nuts, and vinaigrette. I got a side of mixed nuts for more satiety (It was about 1/4 cup?).

IMG_8952

Volume food? ;)

IMG_8949

Love a cold beer on a patio.

IMG_8948

Eric got a Stromboli which was packed with meat and cheese!

IMG_8950

We all enjoyed our meals, although I was still very hungry after lunch. I ended up having a second lunch later on.

IMG_2605

We went to the beach and just walked along the shore. My mom and I talked a lot about when we used to live in Florida (I was just in grade preschool, kindergarten and grade 1!!!). We lived in the Clearwater area.

IMG_2620

Salute!

IMG_8961

I wish I lived near a beach…they are so relaxing! I’m pretty sure I would come to just meditate and be with my thoughts.

IMG_8962

IMG_8963

IMG_8969

We went to Starbucks after the beach to wet our whistle. My mom and I got an iced green tea and I got some dried apples. They were deelish.

IMG_8974

IMG_8972

Eric got some Gelato!

IMG_8971

Once home I had a second lunch as my tummy was growling. I made an Ezekiel wrap with hummus, black beans, spinach, and tomato.

IMG_2633 IMG_2636

And about 2 servings of these awesome tortilla chips.

IMG_2630

My tummy is finally satisfied!

Indoor palmtrees ;)

IMG_2565 IMG_2560

~~~

I am wondering what your opinion is…if you could choose one which would it be and why:

CVS or Walgreens??? (They are both EVERYWHERE!!!!)

Publix, Whole Foods, or Trader Joe’s (Sadly I don’t think there are TJ’s in FL??)

Target or Wal-mart? (I’m going to SUPER Target tomorrow…My first time ever in a Target!)

~~~

I’m off now to help my mom make a delicious feast for dinner. We are taking a casserole recipe and making it healthier. Should be fun! :)

Have a great night!

Angela_Signature

1 Charity March 21, 2010

We go to Trader Joe’s for the inexpensive meat and some produce, but Whole Foods for things like my husband’s favorite yogurt and their frozen pizza, which he loooves. Whole Foods certainly has a wider selection of produce, but what Trader Joe’s has is less expensive!

2 Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) March 21, 2010

Target for sure. I’ve never been to any of the others, but I’m guessing CVS and Trader Joes :)

3 Angie March 21, 2010

CVS over Walgreens!
Never heard of Publix. But I’m a Trader Joes girl all the way. I love Whole Foods, but it’s a bit too pricey for me. TJ’s is the best.
And definitely, Target. Walmart makes me shudder. Target is filled with amazing products, and very well-priced. It’s so fun.

You should plan a Boston visit. An OSG tour! :)

4 Carolyn @ lovinlosing.com March 21, 2010

I’d have to go with the second list (whole foods, trader joes). I went to high school in Naples and it’s so crazy to see all those pictures of familiar place. :) I haven’t been back in ages because my mom moved further north.

5 Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) March 21, 2010

It looks so lovely and warm. It was HOT in Cairns (30-33!) but now in New Zealand it’s only 15. Still nice but not nearly as sunny.

6 caronae March 21, 2010

That looks oh so nice! Love the OSG in the sand, beautiful. I’m jealous of the warmth! Oh, and different regions have different species of grasses.
I do not have publix where I live so I don’t know what it’s like. I like both WF and TJ’s, but TJ’s is cheaper and has cooler products! Hope you continue to enjoy yourself :)

7 Kelly March 21, 2010

Looks like a lot of fun- I’ve been to Florida but never Naples.
I like CVS and Walgreens equally, I just go to whatever is closer- though CVS extra care card can be a good money saver for frequent shoppers.
I like Trader Joes for the prices and some of their stuff (frozen fruit, harvest grain blend, yogurt etc). I like Whole Foods for the produce and some other products (natural peanut butter, dried mango, pizza crust). I shop both places.
Don’t have a Walmart near me but I love Target!

I agree with Angie above, you should come to Boston!

8 Babycakes March 21, 2010

DEFINITELY CVS, Whole Foods, and Target. definitely definitely :)

9 Jenny March 21, 2010

Cvs, whole foods and target! And where did you live in Clearwater? I grew up right off mcmullen and enterprise!

10 Midgetkeeper March 21, 2010

If I had to pick Walgreens although usually neither Whole Foods and Target! Love love love

11 Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place March 21, 2010

CVS and Walgreens are exactly the same, I don’t notice a difference at all!!

Whole Foods all the way

TARGET for everything except food…then I’d go with Super Wal Mart :)

12 Joanne March 21, 2010

We have both Walgreens & CVS all over the place too! I live in a pretty small town & I know we have at least 3 of each! I would pick Walgreens over CVS because they have a bigger selection & my favorite dark chocolate with sea salt!

We don’t have a Whole Foods OR a TJs in my town. It makes me very sad. If I had to chose, I would pick Whole Foods for variety, even though TJs is cheaper.

Target. Forever and always. I am especially fond of the Super Targets, but I will settle for the regular kind too!

Have fun shopping tomorrow!

13 Morgan March 21, 2010

CVS all the way! It is brighter and neater feeling.
I love TJ’s and Whole Foods, I can’t pick a winner.
Watch out in Super Target…keep your wallet close, it’s dangerous there! They have little juice boxes of wine at the ones in Florida!

14 Laura March 21, 2010

I’d choose Publix! But that’s because I grew up with them, love them, and miss them now. I think they’re just in FL and GA (maybe in parts of TN and AL).

Walgreens and Target for the others.

15 Jenna March 21, 2010

CVS, for sure. Whole Foods over TJ’s. Love TJ’s, but Whole Foods is where its at, foodie heaven.

And then, Target over Walmart, for sure! I’ve actually never been in a Walmart. Most people think that is crazy, but since Target is headquartered in Minneapolis, we really don’t have very many Walmarts! :)

16 Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) March 21, 2010

What a fun day!

CVS… But I worked at Rite Aid…. the people at RA are nicer, but CVS has a better selection. Never been to a walgreens.

Never been to a publix either… I vote TJ’s or WF!

And TARGET all the way!

xo
K

17 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin March 21, 2010

CVS or Walgreens??? CVS. I just like it more and they have good sales if you look for them

Publix, Whole Foods, or Trader Joe’s. TOUGH ONE! I’ve never been to a Publix (none around) and I LOVE WF but its so expensive so I only go there for some stuff. I love TJ’s but their produce isn’t always the greatest. Tie between WF and TJs

Target or Wal-mart? Target, hands down.

18 Maria March 21, 2010

Gosh, I couldn’t live without a Target, and once you have gone you are going to wonder how you have lived without one!

19 Angelalovesfood March 21, 2010

I love Target! I just literally came back from target :)

I personally like CVS, because each time I went to Walgreens, it always felt cluttered and I couldn’t think. But maybe it’s different for all walgreens. Walgreens and CVS are basically similar! Have fun in Florida

20 Angie March 21, 2010

CVS – newer stores, better lighting although our Walgreens has a basket of caramels near the registers that are the BEST I’ve ever had.

Whole Foods because TJ’s is too far from us…

Target is more fun to shop in but I think Wal-Mart has better prices.

Thanks to you, I’ve been adding spinach to my morning protein shakes – Great idea! ~ Angie :)

21 Jennie {in Wonderland} March 21, 2010

Oh the thick and crunchy grass in FL! I remember when I lived there, it almost hurt to walk on it with bare feet! This post made me nostalgic. FL is where I met my bf, so it holds a special place in my heart. Can’t wait to go in 12 weeks!

I think definitely Walgreens over CVS, but I love Walgreens because I once had to go there at 3am in a panic, when I dyed my hair dark brown and it came out with patchy yellow and black spots – Walgreens were the only store to carry ‘Colour Oops!’, which is Revlon’s brand of ‘save your hair’ stuff to take dye out. It worked like a charm.

I love Whole Foods, but shopped at Publix all the time and I LOVE TARGET! When you say it with a french accent, it’s even cooler. Targay. They have delicious peanut butter cookies, dipped in real, natural peanut butter.

22 Staceyhttp://stacey-healthylife.blogspot.com/ March 21, 2010

I hate when their is either nothing healthy around to eat or when choices are very limited on the menu.

23 Mellissa March 21, 2010

I don’t know if my life would be complete without my Super Target, Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s! I love them all equally.

24 Jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel March 21, 2010

CVS…No, TJ’s in Florida…I am crushed myself!

But there is a Fresh Market in Naples, which I like a lot…it is similar to a Whole Foods but worth a trip. I don’t have one close to me (although there are one or two in South Florida) but I go whenever I travel and there is one nearby.

To get to the Fresh Market, if OSGMom doesn’t know where it is, you go North on Tamiami Trail, or 41, as if you are going towards I-75. It is between 5th avenue I-75 right on Tamiami Trail.

They also have some nice health food stores and restaurants there in that same section of town…outside of the downtown area.

25 Heather (Heather's Dish) March 21, 2010

really all of those stores mean the same thing to me, but i guess if i had to choose i’d go Walgreens (since that’s what I grew up with), Whole Foods (because that’s what we have here!), and Super Target! hope target is fun :)

26 Jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel March 21, 2010

And I almost forgot…if you can find a Publix Greenwise..they have a large organic section. But they don’t carry everything…here I buy what I can from Publix Greenwise but I have to supplement with stuff I can only get at Whole Foods.

27 Sammi March 21, 2010

Walgreens for sure! Just because I used to work there.. and because they’re much cleaner and easier to navigate.

Publix for Veggie subs! Whole Foods for specialty items.. it’s quite pricey. Also try to find a Fresh Market for snacks (trail mix, apple chips, dried fruit) Sadly there is no Trader Joe’s here :(

Super Target is amazing! Try not to stay in there for hours.. it is hard! Walmart is really good for prices.. i’d only recommend a Super Walmart for grocery prices.. they’re quite an adventure.

Gotta love our crunchy grass!

28 laurie March 21, 2010

Walmart is less expensive than Target, but Target has well-designed products (Michael Graves desigend some of their kitchen stuff! very high style/design for a low price. It is fun to buy house/kitchen stuff there.

Publix FOR SURE for your staple items (no Trager Joe’s in Florida), but Whole Foods is awesome for healthy/organic food. (Publix has their own organic line GREENWISE) which is great, too).

CVS and Walgreens–both can be great depending on the location. Ask for a store savings card.

Have fun!

29 Nicole Ross March 21, 2010

I love, love, love Target! And Walgreens is nice, but I’ve heard that CVS is better for couponing deals. I wouldn’t know, we don’t have one here. Never been to Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. I think I may be missing out!
Nicole

30 TorontoGirloutWest March 21, 2010

Did you say first time in a Target!??!!? Oh Angela!!!!! You better be ready to spend HOURS in the store and spend a TON of money!!! I get so excited every time I go into a Target and I go all the time!

Seriously – Canada has nothing like Target! Enjoy!!! ;)

31 Elyse March 21, 2010

Walgreens because it is right down the road from my house :)

Trader Joe’s They do not have them in SC but I have been a couple times in NC and LOVE them! Wish they would come to SC! So I usually shop at Publix they have a few selections of organic fare.

Super Target I just went for my first time last week! It was amazing. I love target in the first place but target with a grocery store attached is even better :)

Have fun in FL!

32 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope March 21, 2010

I like Walgreens just because it is organized better. There aren’t a whole lot of whole foods in my area, so publix, and haha–def. target

33 Jenn @ LiveWellFitNow March 21, 2010

What a fabulous day!!!! Looks lovely down there.

Well, I personally love Trader Joe’s. I think it makes eating fresh and organic seem more affordable than say Whole Foods.

Love CVS! Especially if it’s a new or well stocked one.

Target is the BEST! No longer a price cut like they used to be but very fun to shop in!

34 Candice March 21, 2010

Walgreens over CVS; I’ve just had better luck w/customer service at WG in my experiences

Whole Foods x a million; I love all of their great options that aren’t available in regular grocery stores. Trader Joe’s is good too, but because ours JUST opened I’ve had the bad luck of the store literally crawling with people every time I’ve been in there and I haven’t even been able to get to things, so I definitely pick my Whole Foods any day!

TARGET TARGET TARGET…they’re a better company & they have fabulous stuff @ low prices :)

35 sarah (shep) March 21, 2010

watch out for Target! i cannot, for the life of me, leave without spending money. too much money, actually. every time!

36 Dotsie March 21, 2010

CVS, Whole Foods, Super Wal-mart!

37 Amie March 21, 2010

Be careful in Target…I’m sure you’ve heard…you will always leave spending more than you planned on…my FAV store!

Answers:
1. CVS
2. TJs
3. Target

38 caitlin March 21, 2010

CVS
Publix (LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PUBLIX)
and Target

I cannot wait to see you on Friday!

39 Tina March 21, 2010

You will LOVE Target! It is hard not to spend tons of moolah there. So as you can tell I love Target. However I do shop more at Walmart strictly for budget purposes. For the other stores, I think I would pick Walgreens and without a doubt Trader Joes!

40 Heather (Where's the Beach) March 21, 2010

When we’re in FL we usually end up at Publix (Southern staple). I’m so jealous of your beach pics. Hope you’re having a fabulous time!

41 Allison R. March 21, 2010

Walgreens, Trader Joes (because it’s least expensive!), and Target!!! Target is literally my favorite store :D

42 Katherine @ Lipgloss and Spandex March 21, 2010

Of those, my top pick would be Target! The stuff there is awesome and a little nicer and pricier than Walmart, but the clothing at Target is just adorable. And the Champion/C9 workout wear is fabulous, especially when on clearance :)

43 Amy March 21, 2010

Whole foods is the best. i get 90% of my grocerys there and def Target over walmart anyday. No we don’t have a Trader Joes in FL. By the way whats the difference b/w Trader Joes and Whole Foods?

44 Lisa March 21, 2010

Love Target, Walgreens, Publix. Can’t deal w/ Wallyworld: too crowded. Love whole foods but we don’t have one

45 EaterNotARunner March 21, 2010

CVS, TJ’s AND Whole foods, and DEFINITELY target!!

46 Pure2Raw - Twins March 21, 2010

Love how you described Florida’s grass… haha that is so true. I love both CVS and Walgreens, so that is a tough call. I am a Whole Foods girl! Glad to see that you are enjoying the beach!

47 Claire March 21, 2010

Believe it or not,I grew up in Naples.It has changed SOOO much since then…exploded!I haven’t been there in 9 years though.Have fun!!:-)cc

48 MarathonVal March 21, 2010

Have a blast in Florida!!! Oh and, DEFINITELY TJs all the way ;)

49 Lauren @ A Fit Foodie March 21, 2010

We don’t have a Trader Joe’s here in Louisville either! Boo. I hear they are so awesome. So I’m a Whole Foods and Fresh Market girl for sure. And definitely Target all the way!

50 Natalie March 21, 2010

TARGET is my favorite store EVER! I work at headquarters ; ) haha. I also have a love for Trader Joes. *Tip – their almond butter is the exact same as many brands priced around $10 but at TJ’s it’s $3.99!

51 Rachel March 21, 2010

Walmart sucks. Target is somewhat better but still poses some moral challenges.

However, I love Trader Joes!

52 kim March 21, 2010

Definitely Target! I live in Canada as well, so we only have Wal-Mart. EVery time I go back to the states to visit my family I hit up Target (mostly for inexpensive workout clothes and cute/trendy tops/bikinis/skirts). have fun tomorrow!

53 Victoria March 21, 2010

Definitely walgreens, whole foods and target. I love Target!

54 Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) March 21, 2010

Oh, Florida is so pretty! Except the scary rural parts where you think you might walk into the swamp and never return…

Trader Joe’s is awesome–it’s like the cheap, hippie version of Whole Foods, without all the pretentiousness.

Target is better than Walmart for clothes, Walmart is better for general selection.

I remember when CVS was Eckards. I think I like CVS more, but there really is little difference.

Hey, quick question–I’m experimenting with more vegan meals. Is a hummus-bean wrap filling? I eat tons of veggies, but I still seem to have a little bit of satiety problems when I totally leave out animal protein. I’m trying to find stuff that’s a teeny bit more filling.

55 Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) March 21, 2010

Target over Walmart ALWAYS! WHole Foods has better produce but TJ’s is cheaper. I think Walgreens though I always go into CVS.

Looks like a beautiful time so far. Can’t wait to see more.

56 Heather Dawn March 21, 2010

Ha I suggest checking out peopleofwalmart.com before you decide to step foot in one! You will get a general idea :)

Looks like you are having a great vacation so far!

57 Allie (Live Laugh Eat) March 21, 2010

OH MY GLOWS?!?! You’ve never been to a Target!?!? You will faint. It’s amazing. Hit up the kitchen section although I don’t need to tell you that last part.

CVS, TRADER JOE’S <3 <3 and Target of course.

58 Allison @ Food For Healing March 21, 2010

Oh so jealous! Saskatchewan is a little chilly this time of year, itd be so nice to go somewhere warmer

59 Audrey March 21, 2010

Your day looks like it was so much fun. That beach was relaxing just to look at the pictures of! Oh, and as an aside, you have no need for a tan–I think your skin looks gorgeous. :)

I don’t shop much at CVS or Walgreens, so I don’t really have an opinion there.

I would go with TJ’s, if you haven’t been to one–although WF is totally awesome but I know you been there before. I’ve never been to Publix, though.

Omg! Never been to Target?! Have fun!!!

60 Christine (The Raw Project) March 21, 2010

Great pics, brings back memories from the years I lived in FL.

Walgreens.

Whole Foods – Much better organic and vegan selection, I couldn’t find any decent produce at the Publix I went to on our November Florida trip!

Target – Every Walmart I’ve ever been to is a nightmare!

61 Amy March 21, 2010

Oh, I want to be in FL now. :) I grew up in Gainesville and my afmily is still there. For choices:
-CVS usually cleaner, Walgreens better specials and usually friendlier staff.
-I’ve lived overseas almost 5 years now and one of the few things I miss is Publix!! That would be my choice, but after reading so many blogs I’m intrigued with Whole Foods and will hit one up the next time I’m in the states.
-Target hands down! I’ve never been to a Super Target, but just the idea of one makes me happy.
Have fun!!

62 Carbzilla March 21, 2010

I’m more excited than a human should be that you’re going to a Target for the first time. I don’t even shop there very often, but I could if I wanted to. Enjoy! Can’t wait to see what you find there!

63 liane March 21, 2010

Oh, please don’t make me choose between WF and TJ’s. I love them both! LOVE THEM and Target.
I wish TJ’s and Target would come to Canada.

64 Sarah March 21, 2010

Wow, never been to Target?! You are in for a treat. No comparison to Walmart at all. Have a great time!!

I lived in Florida for a summer and remember loving the ice cream selection at Publix. Their store brand was really good. (Although that was 12 years ago…things might have changed since then!!)

65 Lizzie March 21, 2010

Ahhhhhh , , the beach!! You’re so lucky to be there right now :) And I’m sure you’re loving spending time with your parents – it always means so much more when you can’t see them at the drop of a hat.

I would say: CVS, Whole Foods, and Target.

66 Amanda March 21, 2010

I love target!

67 Lauren March 21, 2010

Looks like you guys are having a great time. I’m going to the beach in a couple of weeks and I’m super excited! Out of all the stores you listed, Whole Foods, Target, and Walmart are the only ones I shop at. We don’t have Publix or TJ’s. :( I would pick Walmart over Target because I think their prices are a little cheaper and they usually have a bit more to offer, though not as much health food.

68 Leah March 21, 2010

I just made my first ever trip to Trader Joe’s yesterday. Prety much the best place ever!!
Im in love with Target too – mainly because they sell juice boxes full of wine. I buy them everytime Im in the states.
Why dont we have fun places like that in Canada? And why cant we buy booze in the grocery store?

69 Meg's Gut March 21, 2010

I don’t live in the states either, but when I visit I choose CVS over Walgreens, I just like it better…I don’t know why.
I would pick Whole Foods over any thing anytime…but Publix is good too, we never have a Whole Foods near us when we go to the states, so Publix is usually where we are found and Target for sure! We have Wal Mart in Canada…we don’t have Target – and it’s awesome for cheap bathing suites, $15 a piece!

70 Jacquie March 21, 2010

I’d say… CVS (I used to live in Florida too so I know Walgreens, but CVS is more up here so I’m used to it), both Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s are fabulous and DEFINITELY Target. I could get lost in there for hours- haha!

71 Juli@BlessMyHeart March 21, 2010

Hmmm. CVS/Walgreens both the same to me. I don’t go to either one very much. How ’bout throwing the Dollar store in that mix? :)

Never been to a Publix, but I have visited Whole Foods a few times and I just had my first TJs experience last weekend while visiting Portland. I would give MY RIGHT ARM to have either one in a reasonable distance. Debating on moving just be closer to one!

72 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is March 21, 2010

Never been to Target?! OH girl…I live there. I actually go there INSTEAD of CVS and Walgreens. Target has much better prices and you can get the same things!

73 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 21, 2010

You look so happy in the sunshiney weather!!

Walgreens
Cannot choose between TJ’s and Whole Foods!!!
And TARGET is awesome!

74 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] March 21, 2010

OMG! I can’t believe you’ve never been to Target – give yourself 3+ hrs. : )

TJ’s & Whole Foods are very different – cheap vs. fancy fancy. Love both!

75 Ashley March 21, 2010

Walgreens. Though we have both in Illinois.

Whole Foods hands down. Unless it’s a competition between that amazing health food store in Sedona, AZ and WF.

Target! It’s an upscale Walmart basically. Our Wally Worlds are super trashy around here, so I shop at Target for my sanity.

76 Jessie (Vegan-minded) March 21, 2010

I love Naples, it is SO pretty there! Sadly, no TJ’s here in Florida, but most Publix stores have a good health food selection (Greenwise brand). Other than that, you can’t go wrong with Whole Foods. Have fun at Target, I’m sure you will love it. :)

77 Katie March 21, 2010

Never been to Target?!?!? Wha? That is my FAVORITE store of all time. I could get lost in a Super Target. Trader Joes for sure, WF is way too expensive. Wlagreens, CVS, meh. It’s all the same to me.

78 Ashley March 21, 2010

WITHOUT a doubt – Walgreens – Whole Foods – Target. WF is pricey but the stuff that is cheap at TJ’s you can also get cheap at WF. The produce at TJ’s is usually pretty awful. What a fun day!! Yaaaay beach!

79 Jolene March 21, 2010

The only place I have been to out of those is Walmart … and maybe Target!!!

80 mountain girl March 21, 2010

Oh, it looks BEAUTIFUL there! We got a TON of snow on the 1st of spring! But it was really pretty.
I would choose Whole Foods over TJ’s, they have much more variety. Never been to Publix. Target and Walmart…I try to stay away from both…but Walmart is cheaper with better selection. I don’t know about the drugstores. I never go to them.
Have tons of fun!

81 Fae March 21, 2010

Great picture of you and your mom!!!

Have fun at Target tomorrow!

82 Gab* March 21, 2010

Looks like fun. Must be so nice to be spending some time with your Mum!

83 Mandiee March 21, 2010

in my mind, whole foods is the only one that really matters… i could live there :P oh, and if you ever go to michigan, you have to go to meijers, it’s amazing. i hope you’re enjoying your time in fl. it looks beautiful!

have a lovely day!
xox

84 Eri March 21, 2010

cvs and walgreen are basically the same to me, but usually use cvs for perscriptions.
walmart usually has a better food selection than target, but I love target for general shopping. super versions of both.lol
never been in trader joes, whole foods has huge selection, just pricyyyyy. and i have been in publix many times, (i have family in floida) pretty good, as fa as grocery stores go.

85 Kelly (Local Foodie's Fight) March 22, 2010

I dont ever go to Walgreens because they dont have them around here in DC, so I will say CVS. Then Target (love). Then Trade Joes. LOVE me some Tj’s. Plus, their wine prices are awwesmoe!

86 Kerry March 22, 2010

Looks like a fun place to visit! xx

87 Judy March 22, 2010

Target. And super Targets are much better than regular targets . . . I miss our super Target in Austin.

Never been to Publix or Trader Joes (never lived by either). Everyone loves Trader Joes, tho. I do love Whole Foods (and no longer live by one, either), but they are pricey. I miss that too . . .

88 lacey March 22, 2010

Oh I miss Florida!

Walgreens

Publix, In Tampa (and I am sure elsewhere in FL) they have an all organic publix its LUSH! Whole Foods is good too.

Target all the way. I love this place!

89 Emily March 22, 2010

Tar-jay is what we call it down here in the south and it’s only the most fabulous place in the world!!! Sadly, where I live the closest TJs/Whole Foods is over an hour away. =(

90 Kath March 22, 2010

Without a DOUBT:

CVS, Whole Foods, Target!

91 Lea March 22, 2010

Walgreen’s-because (this is ridiculous) I like their logo better
Trader Joe’s-because their prices are awesome
Target-because they are always introducing new lines by designers, make up artists, etc.

92 ddawnzer March 22, 2010

Trader Joe’s for sure..wonderful.reasonably priced TJ’s branded stuff..always a great hot coffee sample and large samplings of new products..I am in Naples with my MOM right now for 6 weeks and so wish there were a TJ’s

93 Kyla March 22, 2010

There’s not really any difference between Walgreen’s and CVS, although I like the Walgreen’s commercials better!
Publix is actually a pretty awesome chain grocery store. I would get less expensive grocery items there since Whole Foods is quite pricey. Whole Paycheck is what it should really be called. But there are sooo many wonderful items there! You’ll be in heaven.
Target all the way!!!

94 Teri [a foodie stays fit] March 22, 2010

CVS – Whole Foods – Target!

your pictures are making me want a beach vacation in a bad way! Keep the ocean pics coming! :)

95 Lindsey March 22, 2010

*sobs* Don’t talk to me about Trader Joe’s!!! I miss it SOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Ahem. Yes.

I don’t care for CVS or Walgreens, really. LOL.

But as you know, give me Super Target any day! Hehe!! Enjoy your shopping!!!! :)

96 Stina @ Girl Can March 22, 2010

CVS v. Walgreens: I go to CVS most often because it’s across the street from my house, but I don’t really have a preference. I do think CVS may be a bit cheaper.

Publix v. Whole Foods v. Trader Joe’s: We don’t have Publix in Chicago so that leaves me WF and TJ’s, and they are both winners in my book. I go to TJ’s more often as they’re much cheaper, but I go to WF for more “specialty” items. I would probably do all my shopping at WF if I could afford it though.

Target v. Wal*Mart: There is no compeition here; it’s Target hands down. The Wal*Marts in my area are exceptionally trashy. I generally don’t set foot in them unless I absolutely must.

97 Melissa S. March 22, 2010

i’d def say CVS; publix is great but WF has more variety (but more $$) and yes, no TJ’s down here…and Target is the way to go. Walmart is horrible!

98 christina March 22, 2010

publix is great for the basics, but go to WF for the fun stuff. and TARGET!!! stay away from walmart, blah!!

99 Alison March 22, 2010

CVS! People from Boston have panic attacks if they can’t see a CVS or a Dunkin’ Donuts near them. :)

100 Sara March 22, 2010

Trader Joe’s has much cheaper organic frozen fruit than WF. Frozen organic raspberries are $2/pound cheaper there!

I’ve also heard irradiation rumors about TJ’s “organic” fresh produce, so I usually stick to WF for my fresh produce!

101 Eliana >^..^ March 22, 2010

I love that picture of your mom and you walking on the beach, how lovely. BTW, can you ID those birds? :O) They are royal terns, they are such beautiful birds.

WHole foods over publix, however, publix has MANY vegan/vegetarian products. They have a green section. We do not have TJ here.

Target over Walmart anytime. Target has many eco-friendly products, many cleaning/personal products that are not tested on animals.

Have a good day.

102 Katy ( The Balanced Foodie ) March 22, 2010

Target over Wal-Mart for sure. While Wal-mart is cheaper, not as many healthy/organic options. Look for Super Target’s they have an awesome grocery store! Whole foods is awesome, but Publix is cheaper and depending on the Publix it can have lots of organic options! I WISH there was a TJ’s here. Sadly, there is not. Closest one is in Atlanta, Georgia. CVS over Walgreens, but they are just drug stores for quick pick-ups. If you need toiletries though, go to Target!

103 Bree@beeskneeslife March 22, 2010

SuperTarget is the best. I live in the land of Target (Minneapolis) so they are plentiful here. I would have to drive quite a ways to get to the nearest Wal-Mart, but there are two Target’s within a few miles of my house. But, I prefer Target to Wal-Mart any day. (I can’t believe you don’t have Target there…I buy EVERYTHING at Target! I am there once a week for sure, usually twice a week!)

We don’t have Publix, but I like TJ’s and Whole Foods pretty equally… but Whole Foods is more of a treat for me since it can be spendy, so I choose TJ’s!

I don’t go to Walgreens or CVS. Walgreen’s seems more expensive and there isn’t anything there I can’t get at Target :) CVS just started coming to the area, so I have only stopped in once or twice.

104 Nicci March 22, 2010

I like CVS, Trader Joes and Walmart. I get a discount at Walmart plus…they have everything :)

105 Cassie March 22, 2010

Aren’t the starbucks dried apples AWESOME!?

Cute sand-writing on the beach! :D

106 tatiana March 22, 2010

The picture you took with your mom looks like the condo that my MIL owns in PORT of the Islands naples. Are you in staying in Naples.

107 tatiana March 22, 2010

I meant are you staying in Downtown.

108 FoodCents March 27, 2010

Thank you for sharing the Naples pics, Angela:) I lived there for two years, during high school. It is a beautiful place to visit, not so ideal when you are younger and living there. I have not been back in many years, so nice to see the beautiful beach and 5th Ave., which we used to cruise up and down in HS (cool like that).

Safe travels and BE WELL!!!!

109 Melanie September 30, 2012

Hello! If you ever come back to Naples, we have an outstanding Whole Foods Market — 52,000 square feet of wonderful! Our extensive salad and hot bar will make you very happy.

I hope you return. If you do, stop in at Whole Foods Market and introduce yourself. I work there! You have a fabulous website.

Melanie

110 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 1, 2012

wow lucky you!! I hope to go back some day…it’s an amazing place! I will have to find you if I do!