Burns and Fights

Good morning!

Congrats to Alexandre BILODEAU for winning the first Canadian Olympic GOLD in Men’s Moguls!!! So exciting. :) We’ve been watching the Olympics non-stop!

Happy Family Day for those of us that are treated to a holiday Monday today. I will be working for most of the day today as I have about 230 Glo Bars on the agenda, but I hope to finish nice and early around 3pm.

Eric and I are super excited for the Canadian Men’s Olympic Hockey that starts tonight tomorrow. We have been waiting for this forever now. It is also Jack night. I think today is going to be a wonderful day. :mrgreen:

So I guess I should rewind a bit and finish off my Valentine’s Day recap!

After our Brunch yesterday, I had to get some paper work done! It actually worked out well because Eric was in the kitchen ALL afternoon!

These are Thursday and Friday orders below. What a crazy couple of days. I think I sold 700-800 Glo Bars in two days! I had to prepare all of the FDA Prior Notices for the US shipments.

IMG 1032 thumb   Burns and Fights IMG 1033 thumb   Burns and Fights

After a couple hours of really boring work, I was starving at this point and wondering when I was going to be allowed back into the kitchen. ;) Then he told me he was making us an early Lupper that would be ready at 4pm. Nice! He did give me an apple and crackers to tie me over!

I came out to a beautifully set dining room table!

IMG 1041 thumb   Burns and Fights

A blueberry-spinach-tomato salad with my favourite wine:

IMG 1044 thumb   Burns and Fights IMG 1043 thumb   Burns and Fights

Susan’s Vegan Green Bean Casserole:

IMG 1049 thumb   Burns and Fights IMG 1050 thumb   Burns and Fights

Susan’s Italian Layered Vegetable Casserole:

IMG 1045 thumb   Burns and Fights IMG 1046 thumb   Burns and Fights

Did I mention Eric does NOT cook and doesn’t like cooking??? I was seriously impressed he did all of this. He even dehydrated eggplant!

My plate:

IMG 1065 thumb   Burns and Fights IMG 1066 thumb   Burns and Fights

I had two large servings of both plus my salad!! Plus more green bean casserole. ;)

I LOVED the Green Bean Casserole. We actually demolished it between the two of us!

IMG 1086 thumb   Burns and Fights

The Italian casserole was good, although Eric made a few modifications so it didn’t turn out exactly as he planned. It was still really good though and I happily had two servings!

Sketchie joined us…he loves creeping behind the curtains (he thinks we can’t see him!)

IMG 1080 thumb   Burns and Fights  IMG 1085 thumb   Burns and Fights

Guess what? Eric got INJURED while cooking!!!!! He burned himself on the pan! Ouch. :(

IMG 1071 thumb   Burns and Fights

The card that he got me was soooo fitting:

IMG 1074 thumb   Burns and Fights IMG 1075 thumb   Burns and Fights

He ALWAYS complains that I steal the blankets (not true!!! It’s Sketchie!)

Then we exchanged gifts!

Guess what we both got each other?

PILLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric goes, ‘Damn, we’re OLD.’ and lame. Oh well. We needed them and have been listening to each other complain about them for months now.

We tested them out:

IMG 8416 thumb   Burns and Fights

I also got him a sweater but it didn’t fit right so we will take it back and exchange it!

After dinner, he did ALL the dishes again. I didn’t know what to do with myself. It was fabulous. I felt bad because he was in the kitchen all day, but he said, ‘I guess this is what it feels like to be YOU every day!!’

Then it was time for my surprise…

IMG 8422 thumb   Burns and Fights

I got us tickets to see AVATAR at the IMAX- finally after weeks of it being sold out, I ordered the tickets 6 days in advance.

IMG 8421 thumb   Burns and Fights

We got there a whopping 1 hour and 20 minutes EARLY.

There were only 10 people ahead of us in the line up (nerd alert!!!).

I snacked on some organic dried apricots- one of my favourite snacks (and very high in iron for us vegetarians/vegans!)

IMG 8419 thumb   Burns and Fights

Soon enough we were in the theatre…

And this is when it got UGLY…

The show was sold out of course. Those of us who got there early all secured spots in the top row. There were two empty spots on our row- one at each end. This guy was walking back and forth along our row trying to find two seats for him and his date. Then he asked all of us to move down a seat to the left so that we could create 2 free seats next to each other at the other end. Sounds logical, right?

He asked us politely to move down and we did along with about 4 other people. Then this guy asked the man next to Eric and the man REFUSED to move down. He said, ‘Why should I move down when we were here 2 hours ago to get these seats??’

Can you believe that? I felt like saying, Don’t sweat the small stuff and move down 1 seat! Arghhhhhhhhh.

Then the guy got pretty upset and then he bent over right in the man’s face (maybe 2 inches away) and he says loudly, ‘WOW THANKS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!’

Then the man proceeded to get up quickly, and he shoved this guy- get this- so much so that he toppled over onto the row below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eric and I could not believe what we were seeing.

Then this really old man got up and started yelling at the two men for their behaviours because the guy fell on his wife! Oh my, it was not cool. They yelled a bit and the guy and his date finally left.

About 20 minutes later, he came BACK- this time with security- and the man who shoved him got kicked out! So their entire party of 6 left and the back row, middle stayed empty the entire movie. Oh the irony!!!!!!!!!!!

Their wives must have been real impressed!

IMG 8428 thumb   Burns and Fights

After the commotion, we had a great time!

I took care of dessert with two Adore bars for us! Yummy :)

IMG 8425 thumb   Burns and Fights IMG 8426 thumb   Burns and Fights

I thought the movie was good, but not outstanding. I loved the special effects, 3D, and animation, but I found the story line was dull and boring. I thought the Avatar world was really creative, but I just wished that they had worked on a more creative plot to go along with such a fabulous idea. I said to Eric, ‘For such an awesome 3D movie, the plot was really FLAT.’

The last hour dragged on and on and I almost fell asleep! Eric reminded me that it was a classic adventure story line so I guess I would have to agree on that point. I am NOT a fantasy lover, but if you are you would love this movie. Eric absolutely loved this movie and wants to see it again!!

It was a really fun day all around! :)

I slept in this morning so I need to get my butt in gear and get my work done.

Have a fabulous Monday!

Angela Signature thumb19   Burns and Fights

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) February 15, 2010

The special effects of 3D and IMAX were out of this world (no pun intended)!!! While the story line wasn’t super complex, I appreciated it for the simplicity, ya know?

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is February 15, 2010

The last hour DID really drag on. I’m guessing you didn’t feel any of the motion sickness??

I love that Eric cooked for you! My hubby cooked for me, too and blogged about it, lol – and he HATES cooking! These men, I’ll tell ya… :) Lucky to have us!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

no motion sickness! :) Whew.

Jenn @ Livewellfit February 15, 2010

The last hour was really long and a rather predictable plot wasn’t it? But such a cool world he created!

So impressed by Eric. There were a lot of impressive partners out there yesterday. :)

We have a TON of leftovers from our feast last night. I LOVED staying out of the kitchen too!

Amy February 15, 2010

Oh my God, what a gong show! The IMAX that we went to here in Ottawa had assigned seats, now I understand why this is necessary!

I saw people get in a fight while waiting in the Tim Hortons drive through once. They actually got out of their cars and duked it out because one guy supposedly cut him off while entering the line. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing!

Sounds like you guys had a great Valentines Day!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

OH MY…just crazy!

I couldn’t believe it because there wasn’t an usher in sight…

Julie @SavvyEats February 15, 2010

I took care of dinner, but Dan did make us breakfast. Looks like Eric did a great job!

Yeah, the end of the movie got a little slow, but the visuals were so beautiful!

megan February 15, 2010

that is crazy about the fight in the movie theater! i don’t understand how people can be so inconsiderate and refuse to move down 1 seat. kind of pathetic

Kt F @ Through The Finish February 15, 2010

That is CRAZY about the movie theater fight! I’ve never actually seen one happen, but it’s gotten close! Last time I was at the theater it was pretty empty and this guy in the back got ON HIS PHONE and proceeded to have a conversation! Ridic.

Lol on “lupper,” I call it linner! And I’m excited for Canadian hockey to start too–I’m a Hawks fan so I’ve got a few players to cheer for! ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

whoohoo what time does it start? is it 730?

Brooke February 15, 2010

Sounds like such a fantastic Valentines day!!!! It is so sweet that Eric would not let you in the kitchen at all and even made sure you were tied over with apples and crackers.

Mara @ What's for Dinner? February 15, 2010

I thought Avatar was beautiful… but a lot like Dances With Wolves and Pocahontas! I can’t believe how much Eric cooked…thats fantastic!

Tiffany @ A Dantat's Life February 15, 2010

aww Eric is so sweet! And the dishes look amazing! Even better than what I could do, for sure. Glad you both enjoyed your Valentine’s Day!

kalli@fitandfortysomething February 15, 2010

Eric went all out! How great………Glad you had a fun day. Hey pillow are a good gift!

Becky February 15, 2010

Sounds like you saw two shows last night – WHOA! Thought it was a day for spreading the love! Glad you were able to have a “love”ly day!

Tammy February 15, 2010

That’s funny that you call it “Lupper”….I call it “Linner”…yeah, and way impressive on the movie fight…it always seems so ridiculous in real life!

Alex February 15, 2010

bravo eric!!!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg February 15, 2010

Oh my GOSH!!! What a crazy movie-going adventure! Ugh– some people are so high strung and rude! Geez Louise.

Lovely, lovely table setting and meal! What a great hubby you have!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad February 15, 2010

Whoa! Craziness at the IMAX. Adult can be so immature sometimes. RRRrrrr.

I totally agree with you about Avatar’s flat plot. It was still a decent movie though.

Audrey February 15, 2010

“Burns and Fights”…my what a Valentine’s Day! Really, though, it sounds like it was a nice day other than the fight at the theater. Good grief! Sometimes it surprises me what people will do.

On a completely unrelated note, can I just say how much I love your dining room? The wallpaper is so romantic and cozy; you don’t see wallpaper much any more and I love that pattern and the feel it gives the room. Okay, home decor drooling sesh is over. Hehe. :D

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

I think you are the first person who has ever said that! :)

Jil February 15, 2010

I think people lose all sense of manners when they enter a movie theatre. What you witnessed though was the topper. I can’t believe grown adults pull that crap. It’s ridiculous. That being said — so glad you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day, and Eric’s meal looks amazing!! Ouch about the burn, but it’s just a badge of honor for a cook! He’s official now! :-p

Cat February 15, 2010

Oh, that’s just craziness!! I thought the ending especially the last battle scene went a little long too, but overall it was pretty good!

Sweet Cheeks February 15, 2010

Ahhh that a good husband you have…how cute that he made that awesome lupper! Looks delicious. Glad you two had a great V day!

Natasha February 15, 2010

Awwww!!! That’s so sweet! Looks like it was the perfect Valentine’s. Our was the most unromantic, uneventful one we’ve ever had. At least he made dinner, even if it was served at 10pm and interrupted by phone calls from everyone we know ;-)

Sarah Walnuts February 15, 2010

Angela, that is the MOST insane thing about the movie — I was telling my dear hubby about it, he wasn’t surprised. I guess they should have assigned seats so avoid the debacle.

Awesome that Eric cooked for you – it looks delicious. We went for a lovely sushi lunch :)

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl February 15, 2010

WOW! People can be so inconsiderate sometimes! At least he got kicked out for being so rude!

Megan @ Healthy Hoggin February 15, 2010

Wow, what drama!! I don’t understand why people have to get so worked up about the small stuff! I enjoyed Avatar, but it was definitely a little long for me, and I don’t plan on ever watching it again. The 3D and special affects were amazing, but my husband started to fall asleep in it, too!

Glad you had such a wonderful Valentine’s Day! Your husband was so sweet to do all that cooking! :)

Valerie February 15, 2010

Aw what a sweet Valentine’s Day you had! That’s great you finally got to see Avatar as well… so crazy that’s it’s still hard to get tickets for IMAX unless you plan way ahead!

I’ve been watching the Olympics like crazy too! My boyfriend & I watched the moguls last night and he was laughing at how nervous I was watching Bilodeau’s final run! But what a great moment :) And I loved seeing the reaction of his brother… so nice!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

I know the story of his brother brought tears to my eyes! It was so nice when they hugged.

Ameena February 15, 2010

What an adventurous Valentine’s Day! I can’t believe people still fight over ridiculous things like movie seats. Really, just sad.

Glad you had a good meal cooked by the hubby though! I am very impressed. Looks delicious!

Run Sarah February 15, 2010

What a fabulous day – so impressed by Eric’s meal! I have yet to see Avatar as it’s been sold out whenever we tried. I’m not a fantasy lover, I want to see it for the graphics etc!

Christie @ Honoring Health February 15, 2010

Wow! I can’t believe those men behaved that way! I am sure they ruined the nights for their dates/wives.

On the other hand, your husband did a great job with that dinner! Impressive!

Brandi February 15, 2010

Wow….guess they were not feeling the love. LOL…how entertaining.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

hahaha nope

Jenna February 15, 2010

What a wonderful Valentines Day you two had. :)

I agree about Avatar. I am really glad that I saw it, but all in all, I didn’t really like the movie. Like you said, the special effects and animation were incredible and very deserving of awards, but the plot just wasn’t there.

Adrienmelaine (confessionsofahealthnut) February 15, 2010

I love that you took a shot of inside the theatre!

How great was that win for Canada- he has such a great background story as well! Enjoy the hockey tonight!

Heather February 15, 2010

That same thing happened to me when I went to see Avatar… There were two separate empty seats, and a guy asked someone to move, and he said “nope.” The man who asked said “are you serious?” and he replied with “I’m dead serious, there’s no way I’m moving”. I just stared at him with my mouth hanging open. People are so crazy. I remember thinking the same thing as you “just move ONE seat!!” Oh well. They must not have a lot going for them in life if their movie seat is most important!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

haha WOW!!!! Small world I guess?

Jessie (Vegan-minded) February 15, 2010

Aww, it’s so nice that Eric cooked for you like that (and cleaned)! Seems like you had a great Valentine’s day :) Pretty crazy about the movie fight though!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) February 15, 2010

Wow – what a crazy fight!! I would have moved seats, but my mother-in-law was asked once to move and she refused because, like that man, she said that she arrived early to get the seats she wanted and maybe the others should have thought of that. I would never be able to say that to someone!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

I can understand the man’s logic behind it…I mean waiting in line for 1 hour 20 mins was NOT fun…but life is too short imo. Plus if you can make someone else happy (and their date) on vday why not, right?

Maureen February 15, 2010

However it is just considerate to make sure the seats are paired off. I always make sure there are an equal numbers of seats on either side so that this sort of thing does not happen.

'Dee February 15, 2010

Although I know it’s frustrating to get there early to a movie only to have latecomers try to squeeze in, I still cannot believe they actually started shoving over it!! Wow. My husband would grumble, no doubt – it’s a pet peeve – but he would NEVER not do it, much less ever be that rude about it.

I like the idea of assigned seats – like a stadium – that would do it!

PS – yay to Eric for treating his sweet wife like a queen on V-day! What a doll!

Barbara February 15, 2010

Karma for the jerk!

I mean come on…it’s Valentine’s day not Boxing day!;)

B

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

bahahah omg that should have been the title for my post!!!!

Adam February 15, 2010

That is hilarious about the idiot in the movie theater… 1 seat over? Big deal, huh? Nice to hear you had a great time and gave yourself a little break by sleeping in this morning. I’m sure it was much needed and i’m sure no one else would refer to it as “sleeping in” as i am sure you were up working by 8:30 right? hah… I have the same problem!

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

8:37 hahaha

Jessica @ The Process of Healing February 15, 2010

Aww girl your hubbie is too sweet! You’re a lucky one!!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers February 15, 2010

Aww how sweet Eric cooked for you when he doesn’t like to cook- and even suffered an injury in the process! I can’t believe that about the fight in the movie theater-that’s just pure craziness.

Angela (Oh She Glows) February 15, 2010

Sorry guys I gave incorrect info- men’s canada hockey starts tomorrow night! Boooo.

Page 1 of 212»