Tall, Dark, And Handsome

It’s been one of those ‘I’d climb Mount Everest in stilettos to get my chocolate fix’ kinda weeks…’ :mrgreen: (In case yesterday’s post wasn’t clear…)

IMG_0729

Only a woman would understand this desperate need for CHAAAA-COOOO-LATE.

IMG_0731

Tall, Dark, And Handsome… Hawt Cocoa

Unlike the male variety, this form of tall, dark, and handsome is guaranteed not to disappoint. I adapted the ‘hot coco-cocoa’ recipe from Eat Drink & Be Vegan. This is hands down the best cocoa I have ever had. Ever. In eternity.

Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup coconut milk (full strength, not light!)
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
  • 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder (I used regular cocoa)
  • Pinch of sea salt to bring out the sweetness
  • 3 tablespoons of maple syrup (or agave but I like maple syrup)
  • marshmallows and cacao nibs/chocolate chips to garnish

Directions: Throw all ingredients into a pot and whisk like crazy. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for several minutes while whisking to remove clumps. Try not to burn your tongue like I did while taste testing. :) Pour into a 1 or 2 mugs and top with marshmallows and chips. Enjoy with a spoon to make it last longer.

Serves two (or one female that would bulldoze anything in her path to get it)

IMG_0723

Best tasting hot cocoa in the world. I don’t joke about this kind of thing. :mrgreen:

It was luxurious, decadent, and totally necessary.

IMG_0699

Eric suggested that we make this again on Valentine’s Day. Just imagine snuggling with a blanket, sipping on some hot cocoa, and watching a movie. Amazing, no?? It would be equally fun for a girl’s night too. Have a bunch of friends over and make a huge pot of this stuff!

IMG_0718

Are you a chocoholic?

Will you be making anything on Valentine’s Day?

20% off Glo Bar coupons!!

IMG_9590 There are just 25 coupons available this morning!

Enter the coupon code VDAYGLOBAR in the checkout to receive 20% off your entire order.

Remember that quantity discounts still apply:
* Order 20 Glo Bars and receive 10% off
* Order 30 Glo Bars and receive 15% off
* Order 40 Glo Bars and receive 20% off

add 20% off and that is a savings up to 40% off your order! Click here to be taken to the shopping cart. Coupon code = VDAYGLOBAR

~~

Coming up on OSG a Hot Topic on Friends and Weight.

Angela_Signature

I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process…. It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?
— Author Unknown

Page 3 of 3«123
Priya July 31, 2013

Hi Angela,

I love your blog and your recipes!! I’ve been reading it for about a year and it is helping with my slow transition to vegan eating. I was wondering if you have any recommendations for a vegan caramel sauce? Salted or unsalted? Salted caramel hot chocolate was one of my favorite hot drinks from Starbucks at one point.

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 31, 2013

Hey there, I do have a caramel recipe – you can find it in this PDF: http://ohsheglows.com/docs/Upside_Down_Cake.pdf the original post is here: http://ohsheglows.com/2010/10/10/project-food-blog-4-upside-down-makes-right-side-up/ enjoy!

Tawni April 2, 2013

Holy mother of God this stuffs amazing!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!! Wow!!!!!

Jamee February 24, 2013

Angela, you were right. This is the best hot cocoa in the world, ever, times infinity. Thank you for yet another marvelous recipe! It was perfect to sip on this cold, snowy night in Germany. I’m looking forward to making it again. Tomorrow.

Tara November 27, 2012

Thank you for all your wonderful recipes:) I am hosting a christmas party for non vegan friends and I was wondering if this recipe will pass the test and also could it be doubled/tripled and made in a slowcooker?

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 27, 2012

Hey Tara, I think any chocolate lover would enjoy it! As for the slow cooker, I cant see why not…just keep it at a low heat to prevent burning. Let me know how it goes!

martina mckinnon February 14, 2010

so lucky i have left over coconut milk and using a milk frother makes it amazing and where can i get dandies

Cayenne February 12, 2010

Where do you get vegan mini-marshmallows for something like this? The only kind I can find are super expensive and in the refrigerated section.

Carine February 12, 2010

I just bought some mini marshmallows and intending to make some cocoa drink during the weekend!

Katie February 11, 2010

Glu-ten-free, glut-ten-free (said in chanting voice). :D

I posted a 101 on sprouting, if you are still interested in reading.

Notesfromthegrove February 11, 2010

I’m only a chocolate fan a few days a month–haha. My husband on the other hand LOVES it ALWAYS. He wants chocolate rolled in chocolate, dipped in chocolate, then sprinkled in chocolate. LOL!

Be sure to come by my blog Monday! I’ll have a cute little Green Monster story to share!

Stacey February 11, 2010

What a great idea on the hot cocoa and healthy too. I’m going to have to try it this V- Day weekend.

Cole February 11, 2010

Thanks so much for the coupon! I am definitely going to be ordering me some more bars!

Christina February 11, 2010

That hot chocolate looks so amazing! I get the chocolate craving more often than I’d like. I always think as long as it’s dark it’s healthy :)

Jess M February 11, 2010

Haha! You crack me up! I love the “one female that would bulldoze anything to get it” analogy. That’s something I would definitely do if necessary. :)

Thanks for that extra 20% off! I was able to take advantage of the offer, and I’m so grateful. So ready for my Adore bars to get here.

Cheers to chocolate!

Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15) February 11, 2010

Now THAT is a mug of cocoa! I think I have a new treat to try!

Amy February 11, 2010

OMG….I had the exact same craving last night!!! Sometimes a girl just needs chocolate

kate February 11, 2010

that drink looks so fabulous! i cant wait to read about the friends & weight issue – sounds so interesting!

Michelle @ Eatingjourney February 11, 2010

“Unlike the male variety, this form of tall, dark, and handsome is guaranteed not to disappoint.” best.quote.ever

Jen February 11, 2010

Just wanted to say YAY, I can see your site again!!

Michelle (Life With Relish) February 11, 2010

You just described my perfect Valentine’s Day! Looks great!

Salah@myhealthiestlifestyl February 11, 2010

I’m drooling all over the place right now….that looks absolutely breath taking!!! HOLY YUM!

Lauren February 11, 2010

These pictures just made me salivate. Does that make me a chocoholic?

Lisa (bakebikeblog) February 11, 2010

oh. my. goodness.
That looks so good!! Sometimes a gal just needs a chocolate fux!!!