I’m Not So Good With Blogging Lingo…

I have sort of a random question!

I have been seeing the phrase ‘nom, nom, nom, nom’ all over the blogosphere lately. Does anyone know where it originated? Also, what does it mean? It is just supposed to be the sound of someone eating good food…really fast?? lol. :mrgreen: Please tell me I’m not the only one who has wondered about this!! I’m not so great with blogging lingo…

I had to laugh because the other day I was reading nom, nom, nom and I realized that I make this totally WEIRD noise in my head when I read it. I’M. SO. WEIRD. Seriously..!

It goes like this

‘NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM’

and I say it really fast in my head. hahahaha. Ok, moving on to less embarrassing things…

IMG_0250

I made another batch of the In A Jiffy Spelt Veggie burgers. I doubled the batch this time because the last two were gone…in a day. I’ve been known to eat 4 patties at once, straight out of the oven. To which Eric replies, ‘Ahhh are you going to save me any…?’

I had two slices of Ezekiel bread with tomato paste (sup, Lycopene!), hummus, and tomatoes:

IMG_0234

This patty = Love.

IMG_0242

Fountaine Santé Hummus = Love.

IMG_0244

I forgot to mention that I got a new book called Super Eating by Ian Marber.

IMG_0260

Basically, in a nutshell the book is about how all kinds of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients interact with one another and either enhance or diminish the absorption of another. For example, take vitamin C and D with calcium to enhance calcium absorption. It really makes me see my food in a new way and to think about ways I can maximize the nutrients from my food. I’ve been up until midnight the past couple nights reading it! I LOVE reading non-fiction health books. It is pretty much all I read. I used to be pretty crazy over fiction when I was younger though…I think I should get back into it one of these days!

IMG_0262

I will have to do a post on the book soon…It’s amazing.

IMG_0233

My Aunt’s vegan lasagna that she made for me Sunday (I need to get the recipe stat!) It had mushrooms, spinach, onion, tomato, broccoli, etc.

IMG_0236

Dessert was a huge bowl of cantaloupe…literally. ;) With a dollop of soy yogurt. I need to buy cantaloupe more often. They are one of my favourite fruits by far!

IMG_0253

See you tomorrow for my Spring Training Plan! I have lots to say, so rest those eyeballs up. 8-O I believe it is also time for the WMM2 closing ceremonies!

OFF TO WATCH 24!!!!!

PS- OMG I posted 3 times today!!!! Whoa. I’m taking a week off now. JK :mrgreen:

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Kim February 4, 2010

I need that book! I’m also a huge geek about reading health books for the fun of it, and that book looks like a great primer as I apply to schools to study nutrition! Must track it down soon.

Cynthia (It All Changes) February 3, 2010

Don’t feel bad I didn’t know where it originated either.

Michal February 2, 2010

Girl your blogging lingo is fine with me!

betsy February 2, 2010

I usually think of Homer :-)

thedelishdish February 2, 2010

i havent heard of this book but it looks great! can’t wait to read your full review on it & hopefully check the book out myself!

Jen February 2, 2010

I think the phrase “nom nom nom” is the MOST annoying blogger phrase ever in the world. It makes me cringe every time I read it.

Betsy February 2, 2010

on nom nom is from cookie monster!!

Mary (Food Fit & Fun) February 2, 2010

yum those burgers and veggie lasanga look delish!! I’m gonna have to try those burgers out.

marianne February 2, 2010

i always check knowyourmeme.com when there’s some lingo i don’t get :) they have a great om nom nom one.

Becca February 2, 2010

I love reading health books too! Whenever I got to B&N I find myself standing in front of their vast array of them in utter awe trying to decide which one to get this time :)

Sophie @ yumventures February 2, 2010

I agree, I think its the noise from the Cookie Monster. When he is enjoying his delicious cookies =) Its is more of a slower “nom, nom, nom!” Me want cookie hahaha

skinnyrunner February 2, 2010

that veggie lasagna looks really good! recipe??

Paige @ Running Around Normal February 2, 2010

I can haz cheezburger?! Gahh love those LOLcats!
Those patties look amazing, Ange! Must make them soon.

Laura Georgina February 2, 2010

Too funny–I wondered about nom nom for a while too! It’s probably because I think “chomp chomp” when I think of devouring food (and that sound that dogs make when they snap their jaws at something you throw at them–like “ghhhrrrrapppp”, I think?)

I can’t wait for the WMM2 recap! I have two weeks till carnival and need to give the abs a final beatdown before D-Day! Now off to put WMM on post it notes all over my computer…

Jen February 2, 2010

I love the use of NOM NOM NOM NOM – it really helps me understand JUST how good something tastes. It’s like on all the cooking shows…you can’t actually smell or taste the food so the people have to be really expressive. I think it helps…

AGS February 2, 2010

That veggie burger looks amazing. My lunch (sitting in the fridge here at work) pales in comparison.

In other news — my husband had quinoa this past week and LOVED it. After several comments about how he didn’t like trying things, and wasn’t sure he wanted to try it, etc., etc. Score! Of course, I should know we’ve already come a long way in our eating together that he was asking me to make brown rice instead of quinoa — but he’s now a convert. ;)

Lisa February 2, 2010

Yeah, I think nomnom originated with the cookie monster. I always think yumyumyum though!

Melanie February 2, 2010

LolCats also call all of their food “noms.” It’s totally hilarious. Joey and I actually use lolspeak now, which is weird, I know.

I love reading nonfiction, too. I read so many novels for my grad program (English) that I prefer NF when I can choose my own.

I’ve got to make those burgers. They look so good!

Katie February 2, 2010

I say OM NOM NOM NOM when something is yummy. :)

mary ann February 2, 2010

THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE ISNT HIP TO ALL THE FOOD BLOG LINGO!! Can I tell you the number of times i come across something like TWSS (thanks lo for setting me straight here)not to mention all of the other abbreviations. holy moly i feel like a food blog prude being so cluelesss, haha. Keep on rockin in a free world sister, you are a beauty
MA
lilpauladean.wordpress.com

Tracie @hollafoodzone February 2, 2010

Only health food freaks could truly appreciate the beauty of that veggie burger! nomnomnom!

La February 2, 2010

I had no idea what it came from forever too! I think it’s freaking weird! Eating-based onomatopoeia (WOW I had to Google how to spell that…damn it’s been years since my 100 level English classes) … Eating-based onomatopoeia is like nails on a chalkboard to me for some reason!

Maureen February 2, 2010

It is totally from cookie monster. I think I read an article about it somewhere (that I couldn’t find when I tried), but it got stolen for the LOLcats, but…originally….the cookie monster. I’m certain.

Melissa February 2, 2010

Thank you for bringing this up! I have hated “nom nom nom” and other food sounds (I’ve seen “homph komph” or something like that too). It’s gross and also juvenile. Makes the bloggers sound like little kids who are trying to be cute. I also can’t stand “holy yum” and “face rocking”. Ugh. Thank you, Angela, for never using these words/phrases!!!

Rose February 2, 2010

I’ve been wondering about the origins of that phrase too!