You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

Hello!

Trucking along today! Gittin ‘er done.

I wanted to quickly discuss something that has been bothering me:

Blah, gray, cold, icy WINTER!

Is it summer yet??? I miss the sun. :(

I have had such a hard time motivating myself to workout lately. I think it is the winter blahs and the fact that I haven’t been able to workout outdoors at all. The roads around my house are all non-residential, so it is very unsafe for me to be on roads with big trucks in the winter. I’m not willing to risk my life for an outdoor workout! Thus I have been stuck on the treadmill and things are getting quite lackluster. I was considering getting a gym membership but I just don’t know if I want to pay for one and also spend the extra time driving there and back each day. What’s a girl to do? Eric and I have also had a really hard time motivating ourselves to whittle.

My eats during the day were fairly carb heavy, so I decided to get a few servings of veggies in for a quick dinner! I ate dinner around 4:30pm tonight because I was a bottomless pit all day. I should get a senior’s discount… ;)

Beetlejuice:

IMG 9986 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore IMG 9987 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

Beet, celery, carrots, lime, 1/2 pear. Eric is getting annoyed because I keep saying, ‘I seriously don’t think it is possible to make a BAD juice!!!’ He says, ‘So I hear…’ lol. Luckily I have you all to blab about my passion for these crazy things!

IMG 9990 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

1 can of Amy’s Reduced Sodium Split Pea Soup:

IMG 9997 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

I don’t buy canned soup often, but when I do this is one of my favs!!! A true jem and great when I am time crunched.

IMG 9991 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

[Opps, should have taken this photo with the can facing the light!]

Per can, it has about 11.5 grams of protein and 10 grams of fibre so it is quite filling compared to some soups.

IMG 0008 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore IMG 0006 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

And a huge salad:

IMG 0001 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

IMG 9999 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

Then I had an Adore Glo Bar:

IMG 0003 thumb   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

It was brought to my attention that I had spelled S’more wrong on my previous Adore labels!

As you can see below I spelled it S’moore (with two O’s):

IMG 9642 thumb1   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

I thought it would be fun to do a quick poll tonight regarding this matter: ;)

hahaha oh that was fun. Can’t wait to see what you select! ;)

Off to clean the kitchen and then hopefully veg on the couch watching 24. My back/shoulders are aching from baking…it’s gotten so bad lately! I think I need someone to walk on my back with hot stones and crack all the knots out.

Night!

Angela Signature thumb28   You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

Mrs. Money January 25, 2010

Those look SO YUMMY!

Maureen January 25, 2010

It is hard to motivate on the cloudy days but I try to think about how good I will feel when i am done. On the sunny days I make it a point to get outside and enjoy. Funny you are talking about joining a gym I have been thinking about setting up a gym at home. Cannot wait until you are selling your bars at the market. I also wanted to ask whatever happened to selling them at Fresh restaurant?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2010

They hate me :(

No im only joking, they said they arent taking on new products right now.

Maureen January 25, 2010

Too bad they do not tell you that before you go to all the work of sending them samples.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2010

yea that’s what I thought too!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is January 25, 2010

I am eating some Amy’s soup as I type, too! It is the only canned soup I’ll eat. :)

Kristen January 25, 2010

I would have picked the Canadian option, but if it was really because you are Canadian, you would have spelled it “S’mour”. We do love the superfluous “u”s :)

Maureen January 25, 2010

haha how true

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2010

hahah love that, i should totally call it S’MOUR!

Claire January 25, 2010

I’m totally with you on the winter workouts.
It’s a challenge for me during the winter months to get
Motivated.if I can get myself to start, I’m happy with 30
Minutes:-) cc
PS
I like the spelling… Original:-)

maggie January 25, 2010

i like this post!

Janessa January 25, 2010

Yum! I love split pea soup! I’ve been craving it for days, but apparently among all my legumes, I don’t have split peas. bugger.

Ashley January 25, 2010

Totally feelin’ you on the winter workout situation. I just found out there are rec centers in the city of denver and you can join for $50 for 3 months. There is one 3/4m away which is obviously walkable. I’m thinkin about it…but the whole money thing. It doesn’t matter how you spell s’moooore, still tastes the same ;) and looks ridiculously amazing I might add!!!

Karla January 25, 2010

I thought I would have a terrible time exercising in the cold, but it wasn’t that bad! I’ve gone to the gym mostly, but one day I ran outside and it was 17F when I went out! It wasn’t that bad! Running buddy was essential though, if not I probably wouldn’t have gone. :/

Nicole January 25, 2010

I am so excited to try the S’mooore Glo bars!

Heather (Where's the Beach) January 25, 2010

I’ve been having workout motivation issues lately myself. I have noticed that (most of the time) if I can just get going then I feel so much better.

Jil January 25, 2010

That juice looks so refreshing — I can’t blame you for being so excited…I would be, too! I so want a juicer!! :-)

Cynthia (It All Changes) January 25, 2010

That quiz is too funny. I miss my outdoor workouts too. I can’t wait for warmer weather. It was warm here today but rainy and grey.

Gabriela January 25, 2010

I’ve definitely been known to do the early bird dinner too. Sometimes I just get too hungry! I love your square bowl, btw!

Jolene January 25, 2010

I cannot wait for my S’moooooooooooooore bars to arive!!!! So excited :-)

Lauren January 25, 2010

I totally noticed that you had misspelled S’more on the original bars. When things like that happen on Star Wars figurines, they become priceless collectibles. Maybe this is a sign of good things to come for the Glo bakey?

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 26, 2010

There are a select 50 customers who will be receiving this collectable item.

AGS January 26, 2010

I also noticed it, and thought it was an effort to add an extra “o”. . . like an extra hug. Am I way too sentimental, or what?!?

XO,
AGS

Molly @thevegandorm January 25, 2010

maybe you could do more of a circuit?
run 10 minutes, lunges, run 10 minutes, squats, run 10 minutes, push-ups, run 10 minutes, sit-ups?

Run Sarah January 25, 2010

I feel your pain! The weather is awful here and my usual route for running is closed down for the Olympics. I just bought an exercise ball yesterday and have been trying it out for a change! Also have been doing yoga from yogadownload every AM and doing some light weight exercises.

Shannon (The Daily Balance) January 25, 2010

i like the double “o” – and i’m sure it is JUST as delicious ;)

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) January 25, 2010

I never buy canned soups because they always taste SO salty to me, but I’ve heard really good things about this entire line so maybe it’s worth trying.

Stacy January 25, 2010

Ugh, I hear you on the weather, too. It has been foggy, cloudy, icy, rain and today blowing snow :( I have not felt like working out much either…

Hannah January 25, 2010

You know what I love??? DVD’s!!!! I can email you tons of faves (both strength and cardio) that you might enjoy. You can get a great workout with them for little cost!!!

Nikki T January 25, 2010

I agree about the non-motivation during this grey, cool, winter weather…BLAH!
I’ve been having so much trouble getting myself to go running and I’m in the same predicament about the gym membership…too expensive and more time consuming than just running out the door.
Unfortunately, I don’t even have a treadmill to run on :(

Winter…GET LOST!

EaterNotARunner January 25, 2010

Haha I have to say all your juices do look amazing!

Debbie January 25, 2010

I’d love Some’More Adore!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg January 25, 2010

Oh my gosh– I made a BAD juice the other morning! lol– I posted pictures of it on my blog, but they weren’t pretty :-)

Paige (Running Around Normal) January 25, 2010

Ugh I am SO over winter already. And we’ve still got February to get through! At least with March comes home.
I’m totally with you on the juicing thing too. I haven’t made a bad one since I’ve gotten it! But I hate juicing things that I love to just eat – like pears, berries, pineapple. I don’t mind juicing grapefruits, carrots, celery or beats – because I rarely eat them, nor desire too. If I find a good sale on pears I’ll try em out :D

I voted that you were just too excited about the new S’moOres, but I kinda hope it’s cause Sketchie had his input! haha

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) January 25, 2010

You need a worker!!

Kelly Michelle January 25, 2010

oh, I tried that soup and though it was terrible! so bland, do you add anything? I like homemade much better.

Anyways for your workout situation what about getting some kind of cardio dvd, some of them are supposed to be really good or you could get one of those ones that is kind of like a series you follow for so many days. I think they might be kind of expensive but cheaper than a gym!

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place January 25, 2010

I can’t wait for the day your bars appear in grocery stores across the US!

Rachelf January 25, 2010

My friend was just telling me how good that Amy’s soup is! Her exact words were, “It looks like throw up, but it actually tastes way better.” Hahaha.

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2010

omg so true!

Wendy January 25, 2010

I picked the double oo excited option..S’AMOURE = LOVE! ;)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 25, 2010

hahaha

Katrina M January 25, 2010

i totally hear you on the winter weather thing…. i pretty much haven’t run since my half last SEPTEMBER (which in itself is pretty depressing)…. and now that i’m missing it and want to get back out there, it’s just so darn cold i can’t bring myself to do it!! so maybe i will have to wait until march…

in the meantime i’ve been working hard to some great dvd’s. i totally love working out to jillian michaels, and her “No More Trouble Zones” and “Banish Fat Boost Metabolism” dvds are FABULOUS!! they are 50 minute circuit dvds (NMTZ is more strength training with weights, BFBM is more cardio with only body weight)…. i am switching them up and working up a decent sweat! :)

Mae @ OhhMay January 25, 2010

Hahaha I type-o all the time! I’m so glad you caught it before you shipped them, but I think it’s rather cute!!

I’m not sure if someone can walk on your back with hot stones… that may just be humanly impossible! ;-) ;-)

jime January 26, 2010

Those I(doll)ized bars are my healthy addiction now!!!!
as you know Im trying to get through an ED so how many Green Monsters can I have??? I mean can I have one at breakfast and one at dinner Im asking cause it helps so much to control my appetite and anxiety
THNX!!!!!!!!!!

Aletheia January 26, 2010

Can I get s’more o dat Adore bar ? ;)

As for workout motivation in the Canadian winter blues, I agree that the treadmill can rapidly turn into the “dreadmill”.

I switch it up by doing circuits or intervals (sans revolving apparatus of death) – just plain and pure calisthenics – jump rope, jumping jacks, jumping squats, mountain climbers, push-ups, running up and down the stairs…you get the point! Make it spontaneous, make it fun! :)

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 26, 2010

that sounds sooooooo good (the bar and the massage that it)! i really like doing the free exerciseTV workouts to keep it interesting till i can go outside again!

MareBare January 26, 2010

i know winter makes it soo hard to get motivated! i try doing different things so i don’t get bored- you should try Gina’s winter shape up at fitnessista.com, my friend and i are doing it and its really kicking our butts into shape :)

Ariana @Artarra January 26, 2010

Oh, I can totally understand you, I am waiting for the summer for so long now.
Have you ever tried workout dvds? They could make your indoor training a little bit more exciting. And there are “sunlight lamps” that cover the spectrum of the natural light – if we look into them for about 15 minutes daily, this winterblues could be reduced.

jessica January 26, 2010

I had that soup with my dinner tonight, too!! It’s one of my absolute favorites of the canned variety! Especially with some hot sauce mixed in, and kashi crackers w/ hummus on the side :)

Natasha January 26, 2010

I think someone has already said it… but get yourself on amazon, and check-out the workout DVDs. There are loads to choose from, and I find it’s a great alternative when time is limited or I can’t workout outside. I personally like the Ministry of Sound ‘Pump It Up’ series. The workouts really get your heart-rate up, and the music is much better than most of the other DVDs I’ve tried.

Page 1 of 212»