You Say S’more, I say S’moooooooore

Hello!

Trucking along today! Gittin ‘er done.

I wanted to quickly discuss something that has been bothering me:

Blah, gray, cold, icy WINTER!

Is it summer yet??? I miss the sun. :(

I have had such a hard time motivating myself to workout lately. I think it is the winter blahs and the fact that I haven’t been able to workout outdoors at all. The roads around my house are all non-residential, so it is very unsafe for me to be on roads with big trucks in the winter. I’m not willing to risk my life for an outdoor workout! Thus I have been stuck on the treadmill and things are getting quite lackluster. I was considering getting a gym membership but I just don’t know if I want to pay for one and also spend the extra time driving there and back each day. What’s a girl to do? Eric and I have also had a really hard time motivating ourselves to whittle.

My eats during the day were fairly carb heavy, so I decided to get a few servings of veggies in for a quick dinner! I ate dinner around 4:30pm tonight because I was a bottomless pit all day. I should get a senior’s discount… ;)

Beetlejuice:

IMG_9986 IMG_9987

Beet, celery, carrots, lime, 1/2 pear. Eric is getting annoyed because I keep saying, ‘I seriously don’t think it is possible to make a BAD juice!!!’ He says, ‘So I hear…’ lol. Luckily I have you all to blab about my passion for these crazy things!

IMG_9990

1 can of Amy’s Reduced Sodium Split Pea Soup:

IMG_9997

I don’t buy canned soup often, but when I do this is one of my favs!!! A true jem and great when I am time crunched.

IMG_9991

[Opps, should have taken this photo with the can facing the light!]

Per can, it has about 11.5 grams of protein and 10 grams of fibre so it is quite filling compared to some soups.

IMG_0008 IMG_0006

And a huge salad:

IMG_0001

IMG_9999

Then I had an Adore Glo Bar:

IMG_0003

It was brought to my attention that I had spelled S’more wrong on my previous Adore labels!

As you can see below I spelled it S’moore (with two O’s):

IMG_9642

I thought it would be fun to do a quick poll tonight regarding this matter: ;)

hahaha oh that was fun. Can’t wait to see what you select! ;)

Off to clean the kitchen and then hopefully veg on the couch watching 24. My back/shoulders are aching from baking…it’s gotten so bad lately! I think I need someone to walk on my back with hot stones and crack all the knots out.

Night!

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Kristin (Cook, Bake and Nibble) January 27, 2010

I just tried the S’more Adore glo bar today, and I have to say it is AMAZING! I love it!!

And I don’t think you can go wrong with fresh juices, either!

xo
K

Amy January 27, 2010

That’s it…I splurged tonight and bought a juicer! These juices you’re making look amazingly delish and sound very very good! Now I have to hurry up and wait for it to get here. What’s a girl to do for a whole week and a half?! :)

Kris January 26, 2010

Nice placemats :)

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health January 26, 2010

hehehhe. the “because she’s canadian” option made me giggle :) You are too adorable!!

Jaya January 26, 2010

Angela, I like your “S’moore” typo just the way it is! I know what you mean about winter, but I would suggest picking up a pair of crampons. They are relatively inexpensive and allow for safe treading on icy days and “outdoorsing” in general!

brooke January 26, 2010

angela…

what about HOT YOGA!!?!?! that will totally warm your bones. i know there are great ones in toronto and if you ever want to go to one yet me know and i’ll join u.

honestly, i am such a summer person but i find that the heat really gets my summer mood bad…at least until snow freezes my face again.

ahhhhh canada….how i love thee

Sherry January 26, 2010

Have you and Eric ever gone up to Hilton Falls. It is great for walks and runs. One year family pass is only $115 for all 6 parks. Absolutely fantastic photo opportunities, Bonfire pits to get warmed up and toast marshmallows and the squirrels like a few sunflower seeds as well. We are so hoping for spring as we took all the mountain bikes out to Spokes n Slopes in Milton on Sunday to be turned up. We are so done with winter as well. LOL We were hoping to go up to Hilton Falls on Sunday but it rained. I miss getting out there in winter but it’s a bit far to drive for an hour walk as we would spend more time driving then walking. We will get out on a plus 10 day with no rain I hope soon.
We are out every Saturday and Sunday once it starts to hit about 12. We are just a bit addicted to the place as we are out rain or shine when it is over 12. We do Kelso one day and Hilton Falls the other but Hilton falls is better for running. For a nice soft walk you can go to Kelso. It is great when your feet are sore as it’s almost like walking on spongy cork Hilton Falls is a harder groomed trail.
Kelso you can see lots of deer just past Wizards Way and the lookout is great. Hilton Falls has tons of chipmunks and birds that will eat out of your hand at the falls. You may see the beaver at beaver dam if you are there around dusk so there is lots of things to take pictures of to keep it interesting as you walk or run. Bonus, I have not seen 1 snake on the trails. The trails are busy so they stay in the woods, which is just fine by me.
The gym is just equipment indoors, this might be better if you are like us and missing being outside. I take Maggie out for a walk a couple of times a week to get outside, but wish I was able to take her up to the woods for a walk….. No cars…. Traffic lights…. noise….
Anyway just an idea for you to break up winter that won’t break the bank and both of you can do it. Great biking trails for Eric if he likes biking.

AGS January 26, 2010

About DVDs. I’m doing a strength-training DVD series with my husband and I definitely am not a fan. I think spending an hour in front of the TV having someone tell me what to do is the worst way to start off the day. But it works for him, and I agreed to support.

About treadmill workouts — you should look into some of the different things you can do with your treadmill. On very low speeds you can do walking lunges, squats (to the side), etc.

Outside — if it is at least around freezing, do your work-outs outside anyway. I do this when traveling, and I kind of like it. I imagine myself as Rocky — I run sprints in the snow — just as good as running on the beach.

And you know that watching the Olympics is going to give you that extra kick no matter what, so no worries for the next few weeks, eh?

Audrey January 26, 2010

I noticed that that S’moore was speeled (I mean, spelled. Whoops! Haha) wrong but I didn’t want to ruin the moment by pointing out a nitty gritty aspect like that. Plus, I thought there was the possibility that Canadians spell it differently.

I love the little poll there, though. It’s pretty funny. =)

Tami @nutmegnotebook.com January 26, 2010

I think we are all ready for sunshine and warmer weather to lift our spirits.

I love the taste of some red beet in my green smoothie mix, well actually it turns “pink!” I crave it sometimes.

Ali @ Food, Fitness, Fashion January 26, 2010

I think we all go through this is the winter (if you live in a cold climate, that is). Carby foods and not workout motivation. UGh, sounds like me. Where is the spring time?

Julie @ Wearing Mascara January 26, 2010

I feel the same way about working out right now. I was motivated to do a 3-mile run this afternoon but it started snowing pretty hard. I may have a date with the treadmill this afternoon instead. Sigh. I can’t wait until the weather gets nicer!

I also can’t wait to try the Adore bar! It looks so yummy – no matter how you spell it!

Megan January 26, 2010

Ug…I hear you on the winter stuff. I started running in shorts when it’s in teh 30s b/c it lets me pretend its spring. My legs are like neon red when I get home, but I feel better about it. Luckily (Sadly?) I can only run outside on the weekends, so I dont have any permanent frostbite. ;)

Jenny January 26, 2010

I can’t wait for spring, this cold weather has got me downnn!

And yummy, i’ll have to try that Amy’s next time I’m at the store…love her Chunky Tomato Bisque!

hahah s’mooooore/s’mores who cares? It’s a delish flavor combo either way!

liane January 26, 2010

I have lost pretty much all motivation to work out. It started out that I got a cold… then bronchitis… and now, I’m feeling better but I can barely motivate myself to get to work, let alone work out.
I don’t even have the whole weather excuse because I live on the West Coast and we have no snow. So then I feel about 10 times guiltier for NOT getting outdoors.
Although, I do not have a gym membership so I run outdoors, and it isn’t safe to run in my neighbourhood in the dark as it is not well lit. So then I thought I’d do workout DVD’s, um, yah, that was a MAJOR fail.
My running clinic starts back up next week, so I’m really looking forward to that, but really… I just can’t wait until the days gets longer. I hate winter!

Linda January 26, 2010

I think I’m the only person who LOVES winter!! I’m sad that it’s already the end of January and that the days are getting longer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE winter. Anyway. . .I don’t have a gym memebership and for exercise I cross country ski, do yoga, and I have several workout DVD’s that incorporate weight training. I highly recommend Jari Love’s DVD’s!! She is amazing and her workouts are killer. She has two brand new workout DVD’s that I got for Christmas: “Get Extremely Ripped” and “Get Extremely Ripped 1000” You have the option of just doing a 30 minute workout or completing the entire hour. Good Stuff.

Sarah January 26, 2010

You’re funny :)
I really prefer running outside too, and here in Boston it’s been SO miserable!! I feel you. I hit the gym because I have to, but it sucks to run on the tredmill. Sometimes I get lucky and there’s a good show on and I’ll watch that while I run, but I find that music motivates me better outside. Oh well. It has to pass eventually, right??

ps – we Just got back from Florda. Miss it already!!!!

Guen January 26, 2010

Last week I noticed that it wasn’t pitch black by 5pm anymore! I was so excited. Warmer days are around the corner.
Today I also tried juicing, with my own made up recipe. It was yummy. I understand what you mean now about how you like the “weird” taste.

Tracey @ TropicalHappiness January 26, 2010

The depressing side of winter is actually one of the BIG reasons I moved to Florida. I lived up north (in the US) and I absolutely hated the winter. It was so gray and depressing and it really got to me. I love FL. Although it is hot in the summertime, and there are hurricanes, it is also sunny and gorgeous most of the time.

Try to keep up the exercise, whether it is indoors or at a gym… it releases endorphins (as you know!) which will help you combat the blues! Also, maybe try to find a *different* kind of workout. Perhaps an 8 week belly dancing class or Zumba or something new and exciting. That might help kick the winter blues too!

Becca January 26, 2010

That juice looks delicious!

BridgetP January 26, 2010

I hear you on the winter blahs!! Honestly, my gym membership is saving me this winter. I tell myself that if I go there, I will get all warm and sweaty and then I can take a hot shower. I even signed up for 8 weeks of hot yoga because it feels so good to be HOT when it’s so freezing outside. Maybe new circuit/bootcamp type workouts or some yoga downloads would help you mix it up at home?

Jasmine (Sweet and Fit) January 26, 2010

since its YOUR glo bar, I dont think you can mis-spell it =)

Marina January 26, 2010

I’ve been the same way about the weather…it was sunny and warm (70s) a few days last week, and was able to run. But that made the cold (30s) dreary days after that even more intolerable. I don’t know how you do it up there in Canada…I would freeze my buns off! 30 degree and below is where I draw the limit..lol! Just too acclimated to southern climates, I guess.

Miranda January 26, 2010

Hey not all Canadians spell funnie!? lol I too am very blah about the weather. I am in BC and let me tell you its not much better here my friend! Very icy as it snows/rains, melts, freezes and we start the cycle all over again!! I am doing hill workouts on the treadmill and recently put new music on my ipod..that helped a bit! Happy Tuesday!!

megan January 26, 2010

I am so frustrated by winter weather too! I live on an icy back road in Vermont so running is out of the question and I can’t stand the treadmill. I’ve really been enjoying snowshoeing lately, which is a great workout, and workout DVDs a few times a week. I know you mentioned P90X yoga before, but have you tried Kenpo or Cardio X? Those are my go-to videos – so fun and energizing! Tony’s commentary never fails to crack me up.

Tracey January 26, 2010

I’ve tried a couple Amy’s soups and they have been really good. Not only do they taste good but are filling which is a total plus in my book!

Jenna January 26, 2010

i’ve been wanting to try beet juice for so long! Juicing is so fun to get creative with.

Astrid January 26, 2010

Keep up the whittling! My boyfriend kind of fell off the band wagon, but I am still doing it and am loving how strong my core feels! It is making it easy to do other strengthening moves and I just feel more solid. Only a few more days left to go!!
By the way, I like that you misspelled s’more. Everyone is allowed to make typos, even you!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 26, 2010

darnit about the comment re: selling the bars at fresh . . . I really need some bars but my budget doesn’t allow for the shipping costs . . . I’m going to see if we can finagle some breathing room for next month!

Gillian January 26, 2010

Saturday was a FANTASTIC winter day in the GTA Ang! I went out snowboarding for about 5.5 hours – I wasn’t going to go this year because I am trying to save $$ and cheap it is not. But let me tell you how good it felt to be outside on a sunny winter day doing something!

Patrice January 26, 2010

I think what you really need, instead of someone walking on your back, is another employee!

Tracey @ I'm Not Superhuman January 26, 2010

Maybe a gym membership is a good idea. Knowing I’m paying a lot of money each month is incentive for me to get my butt there and work out. Otherwise it feels like I’m throwing money away.

Ash @ Good Taste. Healthy Me January 26, 2010

I’ve been the same way! It’s been tough working out this winter. But I finally got myself back into the groove yesterday and have worked out twice. Just kick yourself in the butt! ;)

Christina January 26, 2010

I think you should leave it as s’moores! A little different.

You really need to hire someone to help you with all of that baking.

Kalli@fitandfortysomething January 26, 2010

Hang in there with the winter blues. It will pass. Ond morning you will wake up and feel so much better. The gym membership will only be exciting for a few weeks and then you will feel the same about it as you do right now.

Personally I think you should leave the smores spelled smoores-i think it is cute!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 26, 2010

Sounds like a delicious and nutrition filled dinner!! I for one cannot wait to get my S’moore bars or S’more bars or whatever you want to call them.. they sound soo good!

I usually have a hard time motivating myself in the winter too. The treadmill is not fun after a while :( I think a gym membership is a good idea. The key question to ask yourself is, would you really use it?? You would have a lot more variety in cardio equipment!

sarah January 26, 2010

Hi Angela,
I want to start trying some green drinks…I want it to taste sweet though…not with sweetener but “fruity”. Any ideas to get started? Do you use a blender?

christie, honoring health January 26, 2010

It is possible to make bad juice, trust, I’ve done it. My usual mix is beet, 2 baby carrots, 1/2 english cuke, lemon, 3 stalks kale, parsley and a touch of cilantro. But, I have added in dandelion greens or the beet greens, not good at all. So bitter!