Florida Road Trippin

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on January 23, 2010

Thank you all for your amazing comments on my QUIT-IVERSARY! If you are looking for some inspiration head on over and read through the comments. All I can say is WOW.

I think Michelle said it well:

“The most liberating thing that one can do for themselves is to stand up for who they are..even if they’re not sure. Just saying ‘Nope not doing that anymore’ is empowering.”

Katherine said:

“It’s very difficult to leave a path that is certain (even if it’s certainly miserable) for the unknown.”

So true!

I know there are so many of you out there right now who feel stuck in a dead-end job or school career. I think to a certain degree, many of us have to experience the ‘crappy jobs’ to really figure out what will make us happy.

If I hadn’t experienced what I had, I probably wouldn’t be where I am today. I probably wouldn’t have found the determination to start my own business if I hadn’t been really ticked off with my situation. Never forget that so much good can come from the bad times!! The bad times give us motivation to find a way out, and through this motivation we often discover just what we are made of.

So the next time you feel overwhelmed or in despair over your current situation think about what it is teaching you and how you will use this to create a better future.

Take those lemons and make lemonade!!! ;)

~~~

We watched the Hope For Haiti Now Telethon last night. I was quite impressed with the performances last night. I especially loved Shakira, Jen Hudson, and Madonna’s performances. Shivers!

Dinner was a celebration dinner that I planned at the spur of the moment.

Chef Angela at your service:

IMG_9828

VEGAN PIZZA PIE!

IMG_9800 IMG_9810 IMG_9818  IMG_9833 IMG_9836 IMG_9837

And grilled romaine hearts. Eric got cheese on his half of the pizza. :)

IMG_9843 IMG_9844 IMG_9847

Both of which BOMBED. I didn’t care for the grilled romaine (I overcooked it to a shriveled mess) and the spelt pizza pie was just ok. It was really too much crust I think.

IMG_9860

Sure looked pretty though!

IMG_9866

Road Trippin ‘10

Eric and I also started to plan our Florida trip which begins on March 20th!

florida_map

START: Naples, FL

• Travel to Key West
  • Miami, South Beach
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • West Palm Beach
  • Cocoa Beach
  • Orlando
  • Tampa
  • St. Petersburg/Clearwater (Where I used to live! I have family here too)
  • Sarasota
  • Fort Myers

FINISH: Naples, FL

Are we missing anything?? What are some fun sites to see in each of these cities? Good vegetarian restaurants? Things to do? Hotels? Cheap car rentals? Any help is appreciated! :)

I also want to do a couple blogger meet-ups along the way!! I appreciate your ideas.

~~~

Breakfast this morning began with a fresh juice made up of three carrots, 1 grapefruit, and a piece of ginger. This is my fav juice combo now. It was super ORANGE and gave me a burst of energy.

IMG_9776 IMG_9778 IMG_9781IMG_9779

I’m off to workout and then have the last of my leftover Baked Breakfast Cake post-workout! Yummy.

IMG_9447

Sketchie thanks you for your birthday wishes! He enjoyed a delicious meal of wet food (sardines, crab, and salmon) last night. So glad he doesn’t eat wet food often because it STANK to the high heavens, lol.

He’s currently about to Whittle his Middle with us.

Cat Got Back:

IMG_9788

On today’s agenda:

• Baking up orders + shipping
  • Going to see Avatar with some friends tonight- I hear it is fantastic in the IMAX!

Enjoy your Saturday!

Angela_Signature

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope January 23, 2010 at 10:41 am

Hope we can meet up when you come to St. Pete:):):)

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope January 23, 2010 at 10:41 am

There is a cute raw vegan cafe in downtown St.pete, we should go…

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope January 23, 2010 at 10:46 am

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 23, 2010 at 10:55 am

YUM!!!!!

Gabriela January 23, 2010 at 10:41 am

Wow- that pizza pie looks AMAZING! I love Sketchie’s coat…so unique and beautiful!

Callie January 23, 2010 at 10:42 am

You have family in St. Pete?? That’s where I live too! You should definitely do a blogger meetup in the Tampa Bay area!

Allie O January 23, 2010 at 10:42 am

I live in Fort Myers and a really great vegetarian/vegan cafe we have is called Chef Brookes Natural Cafe, i hope you have a great time on your trip!

Estela @ Weekly Bite January 23, 2010 at 10:44 am

Delicious looking pizza pie! And your juice… YUM!

Ryan @ Greens for Good January 23, 2010 at 10:44 am

Key West – Everything on Duval Street! And the Southernmost Point.

Orlando (where I live now) – So many restaurant choices! Ethos Vegan Kitchen, Infusion Tea, Dandelion Communitea Cafe, Cafe 118! And the lululemon outlet!

Tampa – Grass Root restaurant is all vegan with some raw, living options. Vegan burgers and fries (air-baked fries) can be found at all Evos locations in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area too. There’s also a Baja Fresh in St. Pete, which is incredible.

Sarasota (where I grew up) – Lonjevity Superfood Fusion Cafe is AMAZING and will suit both you and Eric as they have vegan options marked on the menu, but also high quality non-vegetarian things. It’s also close to downtown where there is my favorite Whole Foods! You must see Siesta Key Beach while you are there and St. Armand’s Circle (fun shopping!) if you get a chance.

Naples – LULULEMON!!!!

All of the places I mentioned have websites and can easily be found on Google. Good luck planning!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 23, 2010 at 10:55 am

I just made a hugh list of all your suggestions- a BIG thank you!!!! Looks like we are going to be eating a lot on this trip! haha

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 23, 2010 at 10:56 am

oops huge i meant

Lindsey @ Sound Eats January 23, 2010 at 11:42 am

Ryan got a lot of it, but I have some other Sarasota suggestions, too. Heading to an out of town wedding now but I’ll email you later today/ tomorrow. :) (haha Ryan and I can prob. be big Sarasota help for you – we both grew up there and went to high school together). :)

Ashlei January 23, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I second Grass Root! All vegetarian, vegan and raw food with amazing desserts. Everything I’ve had there has been so good – I don’t think I’ve strayed from the raw though. “Sabrina’s favorite sandwich” is one of the best sandwiches – raw onion bread, with raw hummus, sprouts and avocado. I’m pretty sure that’s the name of it.

In Tampa, there’s also a really great crepe place in Ybor city called La Creperia – it’s on 7th Ave.

And one of the things I miss most about Tampa is MOSI’s IMAX dome theater = amazing! If you get a chance to see a movie there, do it! :)

There’s also this paint-your-own-pottery place called You Do The Dishes in the Tampa Palms area which is a lot of fun to go to. Best deal is Tuesday from 10a-3p where you get a flat studio fee ($10? I think = unlimited paint and supplies) plus the cost of whatever you choose to paint…I don’t know how long you’ll be in Tampa, but if you choose to do that I’d make it one of the first things because they have to put it in the kiln then you have to pick it up another day.

If I think of anything else I’ll comment again. :) Feel free to email me with any questions or anything – I’m from Tampa (lived there 21 years and just moved away) but I’m drawing a blank on other stuff.

Orlando is a great city too, but I usually just go for the theme parks :P Downtown Disney has Cirque du Soleil and there’s Blue Man Group at Universal (don’t have to buy theme park admission to see either of those). :)

Hope you have a great road trip!!

Christina January 24, 2010 at 3:16 pm

I third the Grass Roots suggestion! I live and work in downtown Tampa and that place is a great lunch destination. I would also suggest Cafe Hey (right down the street from Grass Root). They serve food, but its more of a cafe – best for breakfast or a light lunch.

Iris January 25, 2010 at 8:35 pm

I fourth Grass Root. :)

::christine:: January 25, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I just posted the same o-town restaurants and didn’t see your post – Go fellow -orlando-oh-she-glows-blogger :D

Ethos rocks my socks.

Jenny January 23, 2010 at 10:46 am

I so appreciate you sharing your experiences with us! And you were so right in your last post–there are NO mistakes, only experiences we can learn new things from :)

Wow that Florida road trip looks awesome! I wish I were on that route for a meet up!

Astrid January 23, 2010 at 10:47 am

Haha! I love that you showed us that your celebration meal didn’t turn out as planned! It’s kind of refreshing to mess up sometimes, though, especially if it is still edible! I am going through a challenging time right now of finally figuring out what I want in my life. I don’t want to keep settling for being bored, because it is comfortable and safe. I want to be excited and challenge myself. I want to play and have fun! At least I have painting, cooking, and a healthier outlook on life. You are right, it takes going through something you don’t like to figure out what will actually make you happy! Thanks, Angela!

Michelle @ Eatingjourney January 23, 2010 at 10:48 am

I love road trips. Its SO deserved for you. I was telling my friend about how many people ordered globars when you were donating for haiti. She goes ‘that’s a lot’ I then go ‘she makes each one by hand. She had this surprised look on her face.

Enjoy the countdown.

Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 23, 2010 at 10:52 am

Love that quote. The pizza sounds like a such a good idea, maybe it just needs tweaking?!
Fun trip! Road trips are the best!

Michelle January 23, 2010 at 10:52 am

South Beach – stay at The Tides! Right on Ocean Drive…for dinner, Casa Tua = DELISH!

Morgan @ Healthy Happy Place January 23, 2010 at 10:59 am

your blog is one of my favorites for good reason. You don’t just rattle off a list of what you eat everyday like many food bloggers do. You give good advice, share your life experiences and are always teaching your readers something new. Keep it up!! I love Oh She Glows! :)

…and Sketchie, too

shelly January 23, 2010 at 11:01 am

I vacationed in Fort Lauderdale a couple of years ago. I loved the hotel we stayed at and it was really affordable (although I think we went in the low season). It’s called the TropiRock Resort. It’s decorated with all sorts of cool local art and the owners are incredibly nice. http://www.tropirock.com/

We enjoyed taking the water taxi tour of all the canals in Fort Lauderdale. You get to see a lot of gorgeous yachts and houses. We also went snorkeling which was really fun!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg January 23, 2010 at 11:02 am

Awww…so sorry to hear that the meal bombed. If it makes any difference, it LOOKS delicious!

Your Florida trip is going to be so much fun!

Cynthia (It All Changes) January 23, 2010 at 11:03 am

I hate when I have high hopes for dinner and they don’t turn out. But at least you made it look lovely.

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) January 23, 2010 at 11:17 am

Hooray! You’re coming to my city! :) When you head back up to Ft Lauderdale you should check out Sublime, which is an amazing vegan restaurant. Miami isn’t really that veggie friendly, but we do have Whole Foods!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is January 23, 2010 at 11:18 am

Oooh the pizza pie looks amazing!! And Sketchie has some nice curves going on there. :)

Jessie (Vegan-minded) January 23, 2010 at 11:21 am

You MUST go to Sublime in Fort Lauderdale! It’s an upscale all vegan restaurant and it’s really good. If you come to Miami, I would absolutely love to meet you. :)

AmandaDawnHall January 23, 2010 at 1:34 pm

I second this Sublime is amazing

misti January 23, 2010 at 11:21 am

Hey Angela,
I live in Ft. Lauderdale now but unfortunately I am moving in three weeks back to Texas and then hitting the Appalachian Trail. You should definitely stop along U.S. 41 on your way to Miami and take in the birds right now—they are all wintering here. Take an airboat right, too. There is so much to do in this area—you will have a blast!

Ameena January 23, 2010 at 11:31 am

Sorry your dinner didn’t work out but it certainly looks pretty and delicious!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 23, 2010 at 11:32 am

that juice looks so orange it almost looks fake!

Stacey January 23, 2010 at 11:35 am

In Ft. Lauderdale you should check out Sublime. It’s vegetarian, organic, classy and mmmmm. The Mediterranean pizza is my favorite!

EaterNotARunner January 23, 2010 at 11:36 am

That juice looks so good and ORANGE. Love it!

Julia January 23, 2010 at 11:42 am

How adorable is that pizza pie?! Looks delicious. I’ve always want to go on a road trip (besides the ones through utah I was dragged thru as a kid). Good luck!

Jen M January 23, 2010 at 11:44 am

My boyfriend and I drove to Key West last year from NY and it was so cool going to a bunch of different vegetarian/vegan restaurants along the way. It’s too bad you aren’t going to Gainesville because there is this amazing Jamaican restaurant called the Reggae Shack Cafe. We did find it a little bit harder to find vegan food once we got to the Keys, but we hadn’t really done any planning ahead of time. I would say check out Help Yourself on Fleming St in Key West. Here is the website: http://blog.helpyourselffoods.com/

Have fun!

Anais January 23, 2010 at 11:55 am

I’m leaving for Florida TOMORROW! It will be my first time there EVER and we’ll be staying close to Naples. If there’s anything absolutely amazing that you forgot I’ll let you know ;) Hope you and Eric have a blast – March will be here soon :)

Ellen January 23, 2010 at 12:00 pm

The juice looks beautiful!

Your cat is amazing!! What a gorgeous coat.

Kelly Michelle January 23, 2010 at 12:04 pm

wow that is a huge trip! I vote for a blogger meet up in Miami :)

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health January 23, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Have you ever been to Florida? Either way, you are going to LOVE it! It’s definitely the most beautiful state, in my opinion :) I’m heading down there in March, actually!

Run Sarah January 23, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Loveee Florida! Make sure to hit up the Sawgrass Mills outlet in Ft. Lauderdale!

Sharon January 23, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Key West – go to the sunset festival at the waterfront at the end of Duval Street – you will see some of the most interesting sites. Hemmingway house is an interesting tour. Rent a scooter and ride around town – a lot of fun.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) January 23, 2010 at 12:55 pm

I have never been to Florida, but I would love to go one day!

I tried my new juicer for the first time today. I can’t believe how well those things work!! I juiced 1 grapefruit, 1 apple, 1 orange, and 1 yellow pepper. It was SO good, and made exactly 1 tall glass full.

I am glad I decided to keep my juicer and not return it to Costco!

Melissa S. January 23, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Ohhh…when you come through Miami we should def do a blogger meetup! there are quite a few of us down here! I’m still getting used to the area so I don’t know of many places for you to go, but I’m sure by the time you get here I’ll know more!

And I didn’t get to comment on your last post about “I Quit” but I am totally with you. I haven’t actually quit any jobs, but I have let some go when people thought I was nuts. I worked for the marine corps for 6 months as a GIS intern and at the end they wanted me to stay on for 60k, up to 65k by the end of 12 months, full military benefits. But I also had another job offer doing work on endangered snail kites in central fl for 10/hr, no benefits…and I chose the later, without a blink. I chose it because I knew it would make me happy, not have me bored out of my whits sitting behind a desk and i’d be doing what I absolutely love.

To me and doing my jobs, I say, I want to be able to wake up every morning and enjoy going to work and money isn’t too much of a worry as long as I can put food on my plate and a roof over my head. Everything else…is material. :) I try to live my life and work how I want it…not how everyone thinks it should be (cause believe me…when i chose the bird job over the marine corps…everyone went bonkers over my not taking the $$$ job!)

Melinda January 23, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Looks like you will fit a lot in. I don’t know of mnay veg restaurants, but I like seasons 52 and they should be very accomadating. You can look at their stuff online and you can call ahead to make sure they can meet your needs. I really like the concept. Also I used to work for the company so I may be biased…but they have a great menu using fresh and seasonal ingredietns with an ever changing menu. Pretty impressive for a chain restaurant.

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama January 23, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Enjoy the movie tonight!

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad January 23, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Oh man, my cat Irvin eats wet food every day…and his breath is rank! The vet had to gives us kitty mouthwash for him.

I wish you were coming to SC instead of FL…Charleston should be a future destination for you. It’s BEAUTIFUL and rich in history.

Amanda January 23, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Sketchie is so handsome! My cats love wet food to but I can’t stand the smell of it either. At least its good for their fur : )

Lindsay Perrone (goodiesgalore) January 23, 2010 at 2:37 pm

The more crust the better baby!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers January 23, 2010 at 2:43 pm

You’re going to see ALL of Florida–wow!! My mom saw Avatar in IMAX and said it was absolutely awesome and would go back more than once haha.

Sophie @ yumventures January 23, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I used to go to Sarasota every year, so I agree with the above suggestions :) Plus some key lime pie!

I know all about bombing meals, but yours still looked delish! I never thought about grilling romain…have you ever done it so you liked it?

Kara January 23, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Definitely stop by Better Than Sex for some dessert in Key West. It’s wonderful!

Kristen January 23, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I went to high school in Cocoa Beach! =D People seem to like the Ron Jon’s. Go check out Kennedy Space Center–it’s farther north, but definitely worth it to get a glimpse of the space program.

There’s not much that stands out by the way of vegetarian food, but THE BEST BREAKFAST PLACE IN COCOA BEACH BY FAR is Simply Delicious Cafe. For Cuban food, Roberto’s is AMAZING.

I’m not sure how well those would be able to cater to your vegan preference but they are definitely the stand-outs, in my opinion =]

lindsay January 23, 2010 at 3:39 pm

You should check out Help Yourself in Key West it’s fresh and delicious

Kristen January 23, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I wish you were coming to Gainesville!! There’s a vegan ice cream cafe called “Karma Cream”–it’s organic, fair trade, and just plain delicious. It has as many vegan flavors of ice cream as it has dairy flavors, and it has vegan toppings (marshmallows, sprinkles, whipped topping) as well. They bake their own creative vegan desserts like cakes and cupcakes and cookies too. So amazing and you would love it =]

Kristen January 23, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Oh, and it’s not on the list of cities but St. Augustine is amazing too!! Soooo cute and historical and walkable and probably one of the best beaches on the east coast!

Mandiee January 23, 2010 at 3:53 pm

wow, i love all of your photos! the colors are vibrant and beautiful. they really put a smile on my face :). i’m sorry to hear that your pizza pie didn’t live up to your expectations, but let me just tell you it looks gorgeous anyway :D.

have a lovely day!

Pure2Raw - Twins January 23, 2010 at 3:58 pm

WOW, that sounds like a great trip to the sunny state :) We are from Ft. Myers, FL. We can give you some local eats and health food stores if you would like? Though Ft. Myers has changed a lot!! Pizza pie looks lovely! Wish we still lived in Florida we would love to meet you :)

Susan January 23, 2010 at 4:06 pm

You’re in for a lot of fun – great itinerary. I went to key west in January of 2009 and Venice this past November . Here’s a few ideas:

Almond Tree Inn – not even a block off Duval on Truman. Very affordable and contemporary island. Romantic too.

If you like art and mansions, make sure to check out the Ringling in Sarasota and Vizcaya in Miami. The gulf beaches, imho, are better than the atlantic (and they’ll be warmer this time of yr. too.) Sarasota has one of the whitest beaches but it’s usually packed. You’ll have a fab time no matter what you do though cause it’s Florida!

Mason January 23, 2010 at 4:24 pm

You should check out a Tampa Bay Lightning game. See how the South does hockey!

Cristina January 23, 2010 at 4:46 pm

That hairnet your wearing reminds me of my internship I did last semester, it was for a medical device plant and they made sutures, we had to wear those things all the time! :p the Pizza pie looks delicious! Never tried to grill Romaine but it looks tasty, sorry it bombed! lol

Cyndi January 23, 2010 at 5:15 pm

The picture of your “cat on the mat” made me laugh out loud!

I may steal that as a screensaver haha …

Amy Gaskins January 23, 2010 at 5:17 pm

My hubby can get u a deal on a 1 bedroom with a kitchen in St. Augustine at the World Golf Village for under $100 a night. Its the rriends and family discount we get for him being employed there. Let me know if u want us to book it. A great restraunt in St. augustine is manatees cafe. Great vegan food and a perfect blogger meeting place too.

Tamara January 23, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Sublime in fort lauderdale is an upscale vegetarian restaurant. Pizza fusion has vegan pizza options(and gluten free crusts!) it has sveral locations where you’ll be travelling. In Naples check out ufood grille on immokalee rd. I’m pretty sure they have vegetarian food and eerything is fresh and healthy. They have baked French fries that I swear taste like real fried fries! I’ll be in Tampa while your travelling about bit my home is fort lauderdale and my inlaws live in Naples so hoepfully I can meet u at a blogger meet up!

Good Taste. Healthy Me January 23, 2010 at 5:50 pm

ooo I’m so jealous! I’m dying to get down to some warm weather!! I’m sick of winter!

laurie January 23, 2010 at 5:56 pm

Blue Heaven in Key West is a MUST for Key West )you can find it online) and there is a Lululemon outlet in Orlando if you want to shop on your trip!

laurie January 23, 2010 at 5:57 pm

I meant to say Blue Heaven is a must for breakfast!

Nicole January 23, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Your pizza looks super delicious! I was watching Man Vs. Food last night and the host was challenged to eat a 10 pound pizza pie that look liked yours. Except it was like 30x bigger, and filled with meat and cheese. It was craaazy. He did finish it, with a partner :D

K January 23, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Just a random question –
Is Eric also a vegan now? If not, does he mind eating at those restaurants?
I can’t wait to read more about your trip to florida. WIsh I could go!!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 23, 2010 at 6:56 pm

He’s not a vegan, but he does enjoy the veg restaurants that we go to. The only thing he doesn’t like are raw food restaurants so I dont bring him to those. ;)

Tracey January 23, 2010 at 7:14 pm

I saw Avatar on Christmas night and I must admit it was really good!

My husband and his brother are going to see it tonight.

Marina January 23, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Hey Angela! I’m originally from Florida, and my two favorite places, by far, are the Everglades National Park, off the Tamiami Trail (it looks doable with where you will be), and St. Augustine which is on the Atlantic north of where you will be. Didn’t care for Miami…it is pretty in the main area, but had a very “fake” feeling? Also, be careful about swimming in the Gulf…last time I was there it was very oily, and just smelled “off”…later, while taking a biology class I discovered how much of our waste water is dumped in the gulf…eeww!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie January 23, 2010 at 8:47 pm

haha, I totally know the bummed feeling of bombing a meal. But hey, it’s the thought that counts right?!

Jen January 23, 2010 at 9:23 pm

I used to live in Orlando! My favorite eateries are Ethos, Virgin Olive Market, Aroma Coffee and Wine, and Mellow Mushroom. Ethos is vegan, and the others are veg-friendly. A raw restaurant opened only a few days before I moved away; I can’t recall the name… If you’re in Orlando on a Sunday, there is the weekly farmer’s market at Lake Eola, and I highly recommend checking it out. Plus, there is a mile-long walkway along the lake and open grassy areas: perfect for relaxing, exercising and picture-taking. E-mail me if you have any questions!

Deva (Voracious Vorilee) January 24, 2010 at 12:19 am

Your pizza looks amazing! I’ve never had grilled romaine before, but it sounds good.

Heather (Heather's Dish) January 24, 2010 at 12:22 am

so jealous you’re going to florida! looks like such a fun trip :)

i love the last picture with Sketchie & the mat…priceless :)

Baroque Diva January 24, 2010 at 12:31 am

Right near Ft. Meyers you should drive over to Sanibel Island/Captiva Island. Absolutely one of the world’s most beautiful beaches, and the sand is all shells! It is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been to, and the sunsets are incredible! While in Miami, you should see a concert by Seraphic Fire!

Jill January 24, 2010 at 12:39 am

Siesta Key! Run, don’t walk, it is the most beautiful beach in the continental US. 98% quartz. No matter how hot it is the sand is cool between your toes!

Hillary @ Nutrition Nut on the Run January 24, 2010 at 1:04 am

The “orange juice” is gorgeous. I love your picture layout. Wish I knew how to do that =/

Shannon January 24, 2010 at 9:11 am

I wouldn’t mind planning a trip to Florida right now. Sounds like you’ll fit in a lot of great places. I wish I had recommendations, but my only trip to Florida was to Disney….and I was chaperoning 32 teenagers at the time.

Paige @ Running Around Normal January 24, 2010 at 9:58 am

Wow you guys really are road tripping around FL! Sounds like a blast. How many days will you be down there?
I’m glad to see you’re going to Sarasota. The husband and I got married there!
Happy planning :D

Jen M January 24, 2010 at 12:09 pm

A great way to find vegetarian and vegan friendly places all around the world is Happy Cow. Here is the link to Florida

Anna January 24, 2010 at 1:24 pm

That orange smoothie LOOKS like a total jolt of energy! Wow, that’s lovely. I love food that looks the same way it should. :)

Arianna January 24, 2010 at 2:50 pm

I’m from the Cocoa Beach area, so I hope you enjoy it! :) Your Florida Road Trip sounds like a blast! :)

Things to do: Indialantic Beach – zero crowds, Ron Jon Surf Shop – huge store with lots of beach goodies

Places to eat: Green Room Cafe – vegetarian and vegan (never been but looks so delicious and relaxing!), Captain Hiram’s – actually has a bar, restaurant, and hotel attached and right on the river, Mai Tiki Bar – right on the ocean

Julie Boyer January 24, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Hi Angela,
Have a super time tonight at Avatar. We loved it and saw it twice. It is such a cool experience with the 3D glasses.
Also, it’s so funny about Sketchie and WMM, my cat Elmo seems to always want to get involved when I am doing it as well.
Cheers!

Colleen January 24, 2010 at 7:49 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUS?! St. Pete is where my parents live and my Dad works in Clearwater! Small world! :)

::christine:: January 25, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I gotcha covered on Orlando vegetarian restaurants.

www.dandelion.com

www.ethosvegankitchen.com ******

www.infusiontea.us

Kristy January 25, 2010 at 3:38 pm

If you are going to be in WPB for sure – let me know when. Would love to try a vegan place with you :-)

maggie January 25, 2010 at 8:35 pm

so about that delish looking juice, how do u juice the grapefruit???
I would love to hear more about your juicing creations!

Liz January 25, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Try the Oceanfront Hotel (Courtyard by Marriott) at 440 Seabreeze Blvd in Fort Lauderdale. It’s right on the beach. I recommend trying Taverna Opa – really fun Greek place, where you should be able to find vegetarian options. Anthony’s Coal Fire Pizza is also really good. Take the Water Taxi to see all the beautiful houses!

Marketing Speaker December 10, 2014 at 2:08 am

Fantastic website you have here but I was wondering if you
knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics talked
about in this article? I’d really like to be a part of group where I can get feed-back from
other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please
let me know. Bless you!