Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

You know what they say…

IMG 8921 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

The harder a fruit is to open, the better it tastes?

IMG 8922 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas! IMG 8924 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

Let’s sure hope so…

IMG 8934 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

Behold, the Red Pummelo fruit.

IMG 8918 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

As part of the Exotic Fruit Experimentation, I knew I had to try out this fruit. The Pummelo is the largest of all citrus fruits.

IMG 8919 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas! IMG 8920 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

"There are three varieties of pummelo: white, pink and red. Not surprisingly, the pink and red varieties are sweeter than the white which has a slightly acidic taste.

It has a very thick peel and yellow, pink or red pulp. The pummelo, also known as the shaddock, is often confused with the grapefruit. It is sweeter and much less acidic than regular grapefruit. The pummelo is a big, heavy citrus fruit that contains numerous seeds and is covered with a thick skin. Pummelos can vary from round to pear-shaped with rind texture from smooth to pebbly."

[Source]

Not surprisingly, Pummelos are an excellent source of Vitamin C, which makes them great for cold and flu season.

If you want a peeling tutorial see this video:

IMG 8926 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

I discovered that each segment was covered in yet another skin! It was so fun to peel it back.

IMG 8930 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas! IMG 8932 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

The taste?

I was surprised, it is actually a delicious fruit! I was expecting it to taste very acidic like a grapefruit, but I was pleased to find that it tasted somewhere in between an orange, ugli fruit, and a grapefruit! Very delicious. :)

If you ever spot a Pummelo you should try it out. They are really fun! I am going to blend the other half in my Green Monster after my workout this morning.

~~~~

Whittle My Middle 2

Many of you have been asking me about the Boat Pose for Whittle My Middle 2!

You can do the boat pose a couple of ways (if not more):

1) Simply hold the position for as long as you can (shown left)

2) Do reps. This is what I do. I bring my knees into my chest (shown right) and move them back into the original boat pose (shown left) without letting my feet touch the ground. This is one rep. I repeat for about 20 reps. My feet never touch the ground for the entire duration. I find this works the core better than simply holding it because it challenges your body to balance while moving.

IMG 8215 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas! IMG 8216 thumb   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

I love this workout!

Don’t forget you can see all the exercises on the Abs page as well as follow my workout each day.

Eric is still doing great! Something that I didn’t expect was that doing WMM2 together has actually been a fun bonding experience! Because we are doing it together (and suffering together) we make it more fun. We’re always being goofy and laughing out heads off. This time has been MUCH more fun than last time when I did it alone! I encourage you to find a victim partner too! ;)

Anyone else doing WMM2 with a victim?

~~~~

CTV Interview

Thank you, Black Eyed Peas! ;) I have been eating this damn soup around the clock this week.

Twenty Ten is off to a great start already…

You can view the interview in HD on the CTV Toronto website today until 6pm EST. My story is the 6th one down called, ‘A Recipe for Online Success’

Or on You Tube below:

So happy! :D

Yes, you heard right, they called me Andrea!!! I’ve been called worse, I guess… ;)

I was thrilled to finally see it air and to be honest I was quite shocked that they aired it given that it was a holiday story. I think my persistence paid off. If there is one thing I have learned in 2009, it is that you don’t get anything unless you ask and sometimes you have to ask many, many times. There is no shame in asking for what you want…if you want something, go out and GET IT! :)

[My apologies for OSG and Glo Bakery going down briefly last night- it was the heavy traffic I assume.]

~~~~

Off to workout, Whittle My Middle, bake, and then going to visit some family for a very late lunch and to exchange Christmas gifts!

Enjoy your Sunday :)

Angela Signature thumb2   Thank You Black Eyed Peas!

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles

Susan January 3, 2010

You did a great job in that interview!! I love all the shots they got of you “working” and of you being “natural.” Of course, the reporter in me is appalled they got your name wrong. If I were the reporter/producer for that story, I’d be really embarrassed about that!

Did some of the WMM2 moves the other day. Plank ups are killer. I hate them already (which is actually a good thing ;) )

Andrea January 3, 2010

Oh, honey…my name is Andrea and my sister’s name is Angela. My mom always called us by each others names by accident and even people who don’t know me or my sister call me Angela. Too weird. Great video, though! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) January 3, 2010

lol :)

Morgan @ Life After Bagels January 4, 2010

oh no . . . I missed it. I was trying to make dinner, entertain, and run to the bedroom to see if it was on all at the same time . . . I was worried it wasn’t. But lucky I was wrong . . . hooray and congratulations!

Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 4, 2010

If I lived near you I would totally apply to be your assistant! Glad you got your moment of fame on CTV. 900,000 views/month – wow! Help me =)

Sana January 4, 2010

At least they got the name of your bakery right! Wow you are really busy- you do need some help! Are your arms sore at all from all that mixing and baking?!!?

Chelsea January 4, 2010

Pummelos are SO good. My Mom’s friend used to have a tree and we’d get HUGE boxes every year for free. It makes me sad now that I have to pay for them.

Angela January 4, 2010

That’s was an awesome interview! Congrats to you! You deserve it you are such a hard worker!

Milca January 4, 2010

Wow what a great interview, Andrea : ) I didn’t know your business was doing so well. Congratulations Angela. You deserve it. Your an inspiration to all off us.

Paige @ Running Around Normal January 4, 2010

Wow I’ve never even heard of that fruit! Looks cool:)
Great boat pose. That’s awesome you have Eric doing it with ya.
I watched the interview – you were great! So glad they aired it!

Kristie January 4, 2010

When I studied in Argentina there was pomelo juice everywhere! No orange juice, no grapefruit juice, just pomelo :) It was good!

Diana January 4, 2010

GREAT INTERVIEW! I’m so glad we finally got to see it. Congrats! I bet the orders are a rollin’ in now!
Diana

rhodeygirl January 4, 2010

Congrats on the interview!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie January 4, 2010

I had a pomelo last year and thought it tasted sort of like a sweet lemon. It was delicious and HUGE! It took me a long time to be able to finish but I so did. hehe

Mo January 4, 2010

Yea!!! Thanks for the boat pose info. I actually know that pose, but had no idea what it was called.

I showed my husband a bunch of WMM exercises yesterday and he said that he would do them with me. That will be much more fun! :)

Congrats on the interview, it was great! A fabulous start to 2010!

Erin January 4, 2010

Must. Try. Pummelo. Looks like a lot of work with a nice reward.

Carolyn January 4, 2010

I know I’m getting a late start, but I think I’m gonna do Whittle my Middle II starting tonight!

Fattie Fatterton January 4, 2010

Congrats “Andrea”!! Oy!1 But you looked great and sounded great!

I wish I lived near you – I would totally want to be your assistant. I helped another friend of mine with his online business a few years ago – I did all of his customer service. But he didn’t have an inventory to monitor – I’m sure you’re looking for someone to help package the goods and all.

Jolene January 6, 2010

I am so glad your interview aired!!! You must have felt so happy!!!

That sucks they call you Andrea … but at least you got some pretty wicked exposure!!!

Good for you Angela!!

Laura Georgina January 7, 2010

Congrats on the interview, even if it was Andrea that got the credit! The word is out and CTV will look mighty foolish once people click over to you and see your real name.

Wish the husband did WMM with me like Eric does with you! Carnival is just six weeks away and he is completely unfazed at going shirtless and smushy-bellied in front of thousands… Wish I had his confidence but, until then, I’ll take my better-than-his abs ;-)

Marianne January 19, 2010

Good to see they FINALLY aired it in Ontario. I saw that back when I was studying for exams! Can’t believe they never fixed the Andrea thing.

We sell a ton of Pomelos at work. I’ve yet to try one though.

Page 3 of 3«123