Bring Back The Tater!

IMG 7732 thumb   Bring Back The Tater!

I forgot how good roasted potatoes are. I have been on such a huge sweet potato kick that I haven’t had regular potatoes in a while!

These Fingerling potatoes were roasted in EVOO, sea salt, ground pepper, paprika for 50 minutes at 380F. SO damn good.

Along with cherry tomatoes and asparagus…

IMG 7726 thumb   Bring Back The Tater!

And Vegan Sweet Potato and Pear Holiday Soup:

IMG 7731 thumb   Bring Back The Tater!

Gosh, that soup is to die for!!!

I also wanted to do a few food product reviews tonight!

Look what OSGMOM got me hooked on:

IMG 7737 thumb   Bring Back The Tater!

P.C. 100% Pure Cranberry juice. WOW. This stuff is tart!!!! I did it like a shot. Of course. ;)

IMG 7740 thumb   Bring Back The Tater!

I am definitely going to be buying this again…mainly for the health benefits!

Next up, Red Hot Blues Spicy Organic Tortilla Chips:

IMG 7743 thumb   Bring Back The Tater!

These are spicy and amazing!! I love how much spice is on each crunchy chip.

These chips delivered like Dominos.

IMG 7745 thumb1   Bring Back The Tater!

Lastly, Good Karma Organic Rice Divine Coconut Mango ‘ice cream’:

IMG 7748 thumb1   Bring Back The Tater!

Lots of good benefits:

IMG 7751 thumb   Bring Back The Tater!

It was delicious. It has not lasted long this weekend between my mom and I!! ;)

IMG 7753 thumb   Bring Back The Tater!

Have you tried any new products lately that you’d like to rave about?

~~~

I’m told the CTV interview will air next weekend now. I’m beginning to lose hope that it will EVER air in Ontario!!! :(

Off to spend my last night of quality time with mom. Sniff, sniff.

Enjoy your night!

Angela Signature thumb14   Bring Back The Tater!

Allison (Eat Clean Live Green) December 14, 2009

I love roasted potatoes!

Sorry about the interview – hopefully it airs soon.

nicolene December 15, 2009

tried out your sweet potato and pear soup recipe! Can I just say…DIVINE!
wow cannot wait to get home today to have some more for dinner tonight

thanks Ang!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) December 14, 2009

How frustrating! Silly CTV, don’t they realize that we’re all waiting?

Tracy December 14, 2009

Oh, I LOVE Red Hot Blues…I’m actually about to go the grocery store right now and those will definitely be on my list! Thanks!

I’m sure your interview will air at the perfect time! :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 14, 2009

they are sooo good and low in sodium too!!!

Jen December 15, 2009

Angela, I love drinking that cranberry juice with 1 part juice to 4-6 parts water. Then I sweeten it with a little Agave or Stevia. Shake it up in a water bottle with ice. Very refreshing beverage! ps love your blog:)

Meghan@traveleatlove December 14, 2009

Roasted potatoes are one of my favorite go to comfort dishes!

Chelsea December 14, 2009

My Pampered Chef oil sprayer majigy. It’s awesome. It does nonstick spray without all the chemicals-SO COOL!

Lauren December 14, 2009

Aww, have a good last night with your Mom! I know it’s hard being away from family! I’m at University away from my parents and it sucks- especially around the holidays!

That cranberry juice looks really yummy! Looks like something my Mom would like too! :)

Have a good night!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is December 14, 2009

Blue corn chips AND roasted potatoes are 2 of my favorite foods. Yum!

VeggieGirl December 14, 2009

My dad and I split a pint of this for the first time, and now we’re hooked:

Kristie Lynn December 14, 2009

Roasted potatoes + asparagus? My kind of dinner! Glad you are having fun with your Mom – eating yummy rice cream is just a bonus, right? :-P

Britt December 14, 2009

TV stations do that all the time, they will do a shoot, but end up saving it for slow news day. I can’t wait to see it. You should record it and put it on Youtube for all of us to watch!

And Yum! Love potatoes, asparagus and cherry tomatoes! I roast mine all together in sundried tomato and oregano salad dressing!

Katie December 14, 2009

That “ice cream” looks AMAZING!

New giveaway starting TOMORROW, music, fitness + food – http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

Drop on by!

Katie

Brandi December 14, 2009

I looove Garden of Eatin Chips. In fact. I love them too much because as soon as they enter the house they enter my belly.

Brandi December 14, 2009

Oh and Roasted Potatoes rock too…and coconut ice cream.

Michelle@Eatingjourney December 14, 2009

Three things which I am LOVING!
1. Coconut milk in my morning bowl of oats and over cereal
2. Xylitol as a natural sugar alternative.
3. POM Juice–yummy

Have fun w/ your mama :)

Katy December 14, 2009

YES, bring on the taters! :)

Those chips look delish.

Kasey December 14, 2009

I recently tried Terra Sweet Potato Chips for the first time and now I’m hooked! Your taters look delicious :)

Alison @ One Lucky Monkey December 14, 2009

spaghetti squash! i don’t see enough of this gem of veggie on the blogs!

Kristin (Kristins Nibbles) December 14, 2009

So excited to try that ice cream! And I loveee blue corn tortillas. Yum!

xo
K

Kris | iheartwellness.com December 14, 2009

Mmmm cranberry juice! I heard it is really good for you. Do you know if this cranberry juice is high in sugar?

The superstore is a great place to find organic products and a cheap price, I love it!

The interview will be even better next week ;) there is always a reason for things……just think – more viewers next week!

XXOO

Angela (ohsheglows) December 14, 2009

It’s no added sugar, so only the naturally occuring sugars are present.

sara December 15, 2009

Natural sugar still does quite a bit of damage on your endocrine system so be cautious.

Allison R. December 14, 2009

I love 100% cranberry juice! I mix it with some tonic water, a little Stevia, and a lime wedge. Perfect mocktail! :)

Ameena December 14, 2009

I have developed a taste for the 100% cranberry juice too. I mix it with water and have it twice a day because it helps detoxify the liver.

The Red Hot Blues are SO addicting. I had to stop buying them!!

Nora December 15, 2009

I agree. There’s nothing like a roasted potato, even if sweet potatoes are my favorite food.

Runnerbelle December 15, 2009

Hope you have a great night hanging with your mom! Yummy dinner and new food items. I don’t know though…. roasted sweet potatoes still win out over regular potatoes for me.

Carbzilla December 15, 2009

The Red Hot Blues are my biggest vice. I can’t even bring them in the house. They remind of chips I ate when I was 7 years old sitting in front of the tv watching The Monkees (I’m old, gimme a break).

I do love that cranberry juice in smoothies – it’s soooo good for you!

Jolene December 15, 2009

I love a good old fashioned potato!! I hate how people avoid them like the plague because of carbs – a potato is darn good for you!!

Liz December 15, 2009

I usually don’t go for white potatoes just cause I love sweet potatoes so much. Fingerlings are good, but other than fries and chips, I like them sweeeet!

White Rabbit December 15, 2009

OMG I have been hanging out for this interview and they keep on postponing it!:(

Fingers crossed it airs soon.

Those potatoes look great by the way – think I might make my own version for dinner tonight. Cheers Angela!

Miz December 15, 2009

*whispers*
Ive never roasted a tater!
BUT have a plethora on my counter from my latke making as of late so TONIGHT I shall roasteth :)

Laura Georgina December 15, 2009

I’m with you on the sweet potatoes–I have them so often I forget how great regular potatoes can be! This weekend I had roasted potatoes with big fat squishy garlic cloves to spread on them, and I thought I’d died and gone to heaven.

I hope the interview airs soon, you must be desperate to see it now!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie December 15, 2009

Mmmmm I love roasted things. Especially when they have lots of salt. hehe

Those chips look amazing! I’m def going to try those out

Whitney @ Lettuce Love December 15, 2009

I love roasted potatoes. Your pics look especially amazing today :)

Tina December 15, 2009

I love mixing 100% juice with various flavored seltzers. Gives me my bubble kick without the nasty sweeteners in regular or diet soda. I personally don’t need it super sweet, but a little squirt of Stevia wouldn’t hurt either. Plus with as expensive as juice is it is a good way to make it last a lot longer! I might need to pick up some of that cranberry juice myself :-) I also discovered the giant wall of fruit nectars at the local hispanic grovery store and those have been GREAT for adding to seltzer or to my green monster smoothies in the morning! A little kick of tropical flavors is just so yummy.

Jil December 15, 2009

Mmmm those roasted potatoes look amazing!! I agree with Tina above me, I love putting 100% juice into seltzer…very festive! haha

Shelly December 15, 2009

I had roasted potatoes for dinner on Sunday night. I seasoned mine with Thyme then topped them with ketchup and hot sauce. I had them along side some sauteed Kale and a poached egg (non-vegan, I know). So good!

I also had a really awesome meal last night that was totally vegan! This is actually the second time I’ve randomly stumbled across a recipe that sounded good, made it, scarfed it down proclaiming how awesome it was, then realized that it was vegan. For some reason, I really love it when that happens. I think it’s good to challenge the assumption that food needs eggs or cheese at least to be yummy. And I always think of you when I have something that’s delicious and vegan because your being a vegan clearly doesn’t get in the way of your love of good food!
Anyway, I hope you don’t mind if I give you the links to the recipes. Here they are!
The first was roasted tomato and cippolini (with white beans and basil on toast) from Smitten Kitchen.

The second, which I made last night, was Chickpea and Kale Stir Fry. I really liked this because it took all of 20 minutes to make. (Also, I am obsessed with Kale).

Nora December 15, 2009

The 100% cranberry juice is indeed amazing. It is very good for the kidneys and bladder. In fact, if you ever suffer from UTIs, consuming the juice will help clear up the bacteria. The cranberries properties keeps the bacteria from clinging to the bladder and it speeds up recovery.