Channeling My Inner Badass

Today was ‘one of those days’…you know how it goes…what can go wrong, does!

Anyone else?

I finished work around 9 and I technically should have been sweating it out on the treadmill, but instead I was enjoying one of the finer things in life…

It is a simple equation:

The new couch + alcohol + Gossip Girl = Pure Bliss

IMG_7405

I call this mixture a Twisted Screw…a Screwdriver with a twist, of course!

Ingredients:

• OJ
  • POM juice
  • Vodka
  • Frozen strawberries
  • Frozen pineapple

IMG_7409

Oh dear me. This was just a delight.  I felt like a million bucks.

Sometimes, it is perfectly ok to just take the ‘unhealthy’ route and chill out! I forgot how fun a carefree night could be.

Don’t worry, the treadmill will be there tomorrow…it always is…

Do you ever just bail on your healthy intentions for some much needed R & R?

It took me a long time to realize that a healthy lifestyle COULD and SHOULD include times when you divert off your planned route. Sometimes, all I need is to just forget about what I should be doing, and just do what I want to do.

~~~~

BAKE SALE!

Would you like to enjoy delicious vegan and healthy baked goods all while supporting Team In Training???

Check out Ashley’s Bake Sale going on TOMORROW! There are tons of delicious baked goods up for grabs.

I am baking a Healthy Holiday Lovers Variety Pack to the highest US or CAD bidder! Head on over and check it out Wednesday (2:30pm-12:00am EST)!

~~~~

Sketchie is meowing on the stairs for me to play with him. I have to pretend like I don’t see him hiding under the plastic tarp and then he runs along the stairs to scare me. LOL.

IMG_7419

IMG_7416

IMG_7421

IMG_7420

What would we do without our beloved animals?

Angela_Signature

Page 2 of 2«12
Katy @ These Beautiful Feet December 5, 2009

That drink sounds delish! I think diverting a every once in a while is necessary. For example, tonight I had way too many brownies(not really a lot but I didn’t need to eat all I did! I also had some sweets at school since it was my last day. I needed it, and tomorrow I will get back to eating a whole lot better! It’s good for the soul to treat yourself every once in a while!

Whole Body Love December 3, 2009

I am allergic to cats but Sketchie steals my heart everytime you post his pics :)

Kath December 2, 2009

Gossip Girl is the PERFECT reason to skip a run and sip vodka!

Leah December 2, 2009

Aww!! Sketchie is too cute! I love all the pictures you post of him. Animals make life so much more fun dont they? I dont know what I’d do without my dog – the whole house revolves around her, and I wouldnt have it any other way.

Susan December 2, 2009

Actually, I’m bailing on my healthy lifestyle tonight!! Sometimes I love sweating out a bad day, but today I just felt like I needed to chill. I’m sure my body is actually happier for it too. It needs the rest :) I have a date with the treadmill bright and early tomorrow though… that thing sure can’t take a hint :P

Ashley December 2, 2009

That drink looks great! I’ll have to try it out this weekend.

Tracey @ TropicalHappiness December 2, 2009

Sketchie makes me laugh!!! I swear, my kitty plays a game in her head that every time I go up the stairs, she has to beat me. No matter where she is on the first floor, if she sees me going up the stairs, she makes a run for it, and almost trips me in the process! Sketchie is adorable!

And last night sounds wonderful- sometimes you just need those nights!

Amanda December 2, 2009

I’ve been reading your blog for a little while now and wanted to say hi! Your cat is too cute (and has some really beautiful markings!) I have a playful kitty too, and I don’t know what I’d do without him. Oh, and I love your new couch, it looks like it was made for that room!

kathleen December 2, 2009

You’re drink looks yummy and tour cat is gorgeous!

Ali @ Food, Fitness, Fashion December 2, 2009

Sometimes I really need to just spend the night chilling out. I usually feel a million times better after, and since I NEVER do it, when I do I really appreciate the down time more than I think I would if I had a lot of it.

Um, you cat is so cute! We play a game a lot in our house called “Where’s Oscar” it’s like hide-and-go-seek. Oscar is the smartest dog, I swear!

Jenna December 2, 2009

Sometimes you just have to relax and enjoy the simple pleasures in life. If you push yourself too hard and don’t get to chill and enjoy the finer things in life (aka, a wonderful drink) we would all go crazy.

Good for you for listening to your body and mind. That is very healthy!

Laura Georgina December 2, 2009

I think couch initiation should always come before treadmill workouts!

Love the Sketchie hide and seek! Is Sketchie scared of the couch? My dog is terrified of u-shaped or unit furniture, it makes him go into a corner and attack his bed…. Because that’s what you do when you are scared of something, right?! Pets can be SO weird.

Morgan @ Life After Bagels December 2, 2009

Man I love that cat, hilarious!

Allison December 2, 2009

I am just loving that couch, it fits and looks so perfect in there!
Good for you for just taking a break! you always are working so hard on baking, house renos, and fitness. You deserve it!
I am just getting ready to hit the gym and do my workout, on my blog i have a RUN page, sort of similar to you, its handy and i can keep track of everything.
I love blogging! :)

Meg's Gut December 2, 2009

Gossip Girl definitely beats the treadmill at 9pm!
Love that show!

Anne Marie @ New Weigh of Life December 2, 2009

R&R is good for the soul. I say sometimes you need a break!

sham December 2, 2009

I definitely need to take R&R days/breaks!! It’s not only good for the body but for the soul. Life really does need to be a balance…

I love that you are buying off Craig’s list, it’s such an environmentally sound way of doing things. My partner and I are currently in a temporary rental and most of our stuff is in storage and we have realized we don’t miss it one bit ( I actually can’t even remember what’s in storage :))

Have a great one!

Claire December 2, 2009

Sometimes hitting the couch with a great beverage IS what you really should be doing:-)cc

Lauren @ Eater not a runner December 2, 2009

I agree, sometimes a day off is the most important thing to do. And that drink looks SO good!!

skinnyrunner December 2, 2009

your twisted screwdriver looks like a FABULOUS way to end a day!

Dawn December 2, 2009

You have a GORGEOUS CAT!! I have never seen one like that. WOW.

Beth @ DiningAndDishing December 2, 2009

haha – after a hard day of work, given the choice booze always sounds better than a treadmill!! :O)

Allie (Protein Girl) December 2, 2009

I’m not usually the type to get all mushy over kitties, but that cat has a gorgeous coat! I don’t mean that in a Cruella De Ville way either.

Jil December 2, 2009

Those pictures of Sketchie are priceless. Often bailing on my healthy eats is the best R&R ever. Sometimes you really just do need that super comforting food that might not be the best for you…Like for a fact, I know at the end of the semester, I am treating myself to a big ole pastry from this amazing bakery/cafe near me. haha :) Oh! and that drink looks aweeesome!

Jenn December 2, 2009

Mmmm, I TOTALLY agree with you. What fun is life if you don’t indulge once in a while?! When I do indulge, I tell myself…this is why I work so hard the other 6 days a week.

Sketchie!!! He made me LOL here at work this morning.

Chelsa December 2, 2009

Don’t feel so bad about your lazy evening. I took the entire day of Monday to lay around watching christmas movies and also watched gossip girl that night. I felt like such a bum but had no motivation to do anything. I think the holiday season takes so much energy out of us!