Channeling My Inner Badass

Today was ‘one of those days’…you know how it goes…what can go wrong, does!

Anyone else?

I finished work around 9 and I technically should have been sweating it out on the treadmill, but instead I was enjoying one of the finer things in life…

It is a simple equation:

The new couch + alcohol + Gossip Girl = Pure Bliss

IMG 7405 thumb   Channeling My Inner Badass

I call this mixture a Twisted Screw…a Screwdriver with a twist, of course!

Ingredients:

• OJ
  • POM juice
  • Vodka
  • Frozen strawberries
  • Frozen pineapple

IMG 7409 thumb   Channeling My Inner Badass

Oh dear me. This was just a delight.  I felt like a million bucks.

Sometimes, it is perfectly ok to just take the ‘unhealthy’ route and chill out! I forgot how fun a carefree night could be.

Don’t worry, the treadmill will be there tomorrow…it always is…

Do you ever just bail on your healthy intentions for some much needed R & R?

It took me a long time to realize that a healthy lifestyle COULD and SHOULD include times when you divert off your planned route. Sometimes, all I need is to just forget about what I should be doing, and just do what I want to do.

~~~~

BAKE SALE!

Would you like to enjoy delicious vegan and healthy baked goods all while supporting Team In Training???

Check out Ashley’s Bake Sale going on TOMORROW! There are tons of delicious baked goods up for grabs.

I am baking a Healthy Holiday Lovers Variety Pack to the highest US or CAD bidder! Head on over and check it out Wednesday (2:30pm-12:00am EST)!

~~~~

Sketchie is meowing on the stairs for me to play with him. I have to pretend like I don’t see him hiding under the plastic tarp and then he runs along the stairs to scare me. LOL.

IMG 7419 thumb   Channeling My Inner Badass

IMG 7416 thumb   Channeling My Inner Badass

IMG 7421 thumb   Channeling My Inner Badass

IMG 7420 thumb   Channeling My Inner Badass

What would we do without our beloved animals?

Angela Signature thumb1   Channeling My Inner Badass

Deva (Voracious Vorilee) December 2, 2009

One of our cats plays with us like that under the bedskirt – mewing at us so he can come pounce at our feet :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) December 2, 2009

hahaha

liane December 2, 2009

Your sketchie posts never fail to make me laugh!

Jackie @ TriToLose December 2, 2009

That drink looks yummy. I’ll have to try it. :)

Lily @ Lily's Health Pad December 2, 2009

Cats are the BEST! Your Sketchie is so adorable.

Karla December 2, 2009

I think R&R is definitely needed every once in a while. I think balance is important :)

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) December 2, 2009

Sketchie is probably the cutest cat ever!

Liz December 2, 2009

I want to steal Sketchie! He does the cutest things!

maria December 2, 2009

You are definitely right. Living healthy doesn’t mean sticking to a set plan or schedule (I have to remind myself of this all the time). It means listening to your body, moving it, and fueling it properly! :D

Tania @ Moment Anew December 2, 2009

Sometimes rest, chocolate and martinis are what the body is calling for! Better to just go with it ;)

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) December 2, 2009

Sounds like BLISS!!! Glad you listened to your body/heart/ear (when Nat whispered in it).

Marina December 2, 2009

I definitely need to unwind like that sometimes, with a cocktail, or wine, watching some low-brain-activity tv show.
Great job on listening your body!

Jolene December 2, 2009

I am glad you got to enjoy a drink and just relax!!

Cryst December 2, 2009

Ange! have I told you that we got our Tinker Bell after I have read about Sketchie a few times on your blog???

Definitely will be making that drink! I just love reading your entries everyday and when I don’t see one I start wondering how you are….

Annie December 2, 2009

Haha! My cat and I play a game where we race up the stairs, and he ALWAYS wins!!
I also took a night off from the gym – just too tired and stressed out tonight to care, and it was definitely the right choice. Rock on, Angela!

Kristina December 2, 2009

GOOD FOR YOU for relaxing !! not a BIG deal, treadmill WILL be there tomorrow, but a HUGE big deal for your inner – health – peace – happiness!

Sketchie under the dropcloth is SO cute.

Bridget December 2, 2009

Sketchie is such a cutie :) My cat does some pretty funny things. One of them is that whenever she sees this basket that we keep newspapers in, she just HAS to jump in and won’t leave unless we force her out haha!!

I just love animals

Cynthia (It All Changes) December 2, 2009

It took a long time for me to get the idea that I didn’t have to sweat to death with a workout everyday. Now some days I just like to stetch and enjoy some time with Hunni.

I don’t know what I’d do without my animals. They make me laugh even on the worst days.

The Voracious Vegan December 2, 2009

Your sweet cat is just too handsome! Really, he is the supermodel of cats.

As for bailing on healthy intentions, yes, of course I do. I listen to my body and I do what it tells me! If that means taking a day off of the gym to lounge and relax, I do it. There must be a reason I’m feeling like that. Maybe my body just needs the rest. But once I really REALLY listen to myself, more often than not, what I really want is to be healthy and make the right choices. *most of the time…. ;-)

Gillian December 2, 2009

I am a big believer in balance and am a huge fan of eating healthfully for the most part, and then having a martini night with mixed snacks for dinner. I don’t deal well with restriction and a little fun once and a while goes a long way for me!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is December 2, 2009

Ahahahh I love that Sketchie is playing hide and seek!

Mara @ What's for Dinner? December 2, 2009

Sketchie cracks me up!!

Shannon December 2, 2009

I just love Sketchie! My cats do the same thing! I also have to pretend I don’t see them until I am ready to play. Otherwise, they get too excited!

Jewel December 2, 2009

Yes I can relate to one of those days! I blogged about mine just the day before yours as a matter of fact. Between having to stay up with DD until 2:30 a.m. to finish a project; DSS missing the bus (and he is bussed to a far school); not being able to find my wallet; forgetting my phone; and having the gate closed in front of us as we were trying to get in that door…it was quite a morning!

Your couch is beautiful…keep enjoying it. You need to relax and enjoy yourself too….you push yourself very hard.

We are wine drinkers. At least three to four nights a week, usually Thursdays through the weekend, we will have one or two glasses of red wine in the evenings. Although your Pom Screwdriver looks yummy!

kilax December 2, 2009

Yay! Pictures of Sketchie :) We were joking about leaving the plastic out for Data since he loved it so much!

I think I take a night off once a week. I start to feel worn out and it builds up and I just need a break! I do feel somewhat guilty at the time, but make up for the exercise later and feel better. I guess that is something I should still work on a bit.

Jessie (Vegan-minded) December 2, 2009

That drink looks so delicious and refreshing! We all need a break from the regular routine once in a while. :) Sketchie is the cutest!

rungirlrunn December 2, 2009

Mmmm your drink sounds fantastic!!

Melinda December 2, 2009

Love your cat pics. Pets are the greatest, especially when they do cute things. And your drink looks very tasty. I bet you enjoyed it after the day you had!

Heather December 2, 2009

Angela,

It is so refreshing that you can see the [guilt-free!] importance of R&R!!!

It WAS one of those days…

1.) I spilt chamomile mint tea ALL over my comforter and onto my cell phone while studying.
2.) My cell phone stopped working and I had to get a brand new one. By by money… ]:

Stay lovely!

-Heather

Katherine December 2, 2009

The drink sounds fabulous. I’ve definitely skipped a workout to just kick up my feet with a good drink and relax. Totally worth it!

Paige @ Running Around Normal December 2, 2009

That drink looks fabulous, chica! I think sometimes it *is* taking the healthy route and chill out. Don’t want to over do it, now! And yes, I completely agree that GG+alcohol+kickass couch = BLISS! haha

Sketchie is SO hilarious. I love that he thinks he’s being all sly and tricky. bahaha. I want your cat – such a personality. Mine played with a packing peanut last night, and I about died – she’s playing! Not just sitting there like a priss! haha. Gotta love her though :)
Have a great day, hun!

Kate December 2, 2009

That’s kind of how I was a few days ago. I went straight to the gym right after work since it’s half a mile away and I was there for maybe 13 minutes (half that time chit chatting with one of the cute personal trainer men) and decided that the gym wasn’t appealing that evening, so went home to wrap Christmas presents and have two glasses of red wine.

I wish I could get up early again and workout before work! But lately, getting (enough) sleep seems really important to me. Must be the old(er) age! ;)

Christina December 2, 2009

Hahaha Sketchie! I love the photo of him hiding with his little behind sticking out, too cute!

Brittney December 2, 2009

Your cat are is so cute! I love how crazy and random cats can be. My one cat is always getting into things :)

Lizzie December 2, 2009

Due to injury, I have been forced to scale down my running activity for two weeks (bleugh!), but at the same time I have been a lot more appreciative of my body and what it can do . . and sometimes it just needs a break :) Already feeling the benefit of it. Plus I have been focusing more on core work b/c of your Whittle my Middle program, I started a pilates class, and finally got my bike fixed so I can use it again – so rest stops can be good! :) Plus your enthusiasm and love for running and whatever else returns better than ever. Thanks for the reminder!

Laura December 2, 2009

thanks for the great post (as always!)I know I often beat myself up when I take a day off and your post reminded me how healthy and good balance can be :o)

Sketchie is too funny! my mom’s cat eats plastic so that game wouldn’t work for her. she has to be careful when she brings home a shopping bag or something that is plastic and quick get rid of it or else her cat will get sick trying to eat it!

Whitney @ Lettuce Love December 2, 2009

Pets are the best. They are such a great comic relief :)

Kasey (Fit For Wellness) December 2, 2009

Sketchie is awesome! I love his blog :)
I wish my fiance wasn’t allergic to cats.

MelissaNibbles December 2, 2009

Good for you gettin’ your drink on! You deserve it!

healthy ashley December 2, 2009

LOL, I love that your “inner bad ass” is The new couch + alcohol + Gossip Girl! You’re so bad! ;)

Kristie Lynn December 2, 2009

I wonder what I would do without my cat all the time. She just does the weirdest (and therefore funniest) things! She would have a field day if we had plastic tarp around, that’s for sure….

Page 1 of 212»