Peckers & Playlists

Thank you for informing me that what I saw this morning was a Pileated Woodpecker!

IMG_6788

How cool!

My gut instinct was that he was a woodpecker, but then I thought…no it can’t be, so I really didn’t think it was.

I will be on high alert for him all week. :) I got within 10 feet of him today and he wasn’t even that scared of me. I was more scared of him I think!

~~~~

Thank you for all of your comments on today’s post. Wow I am truly blessed to have you guys in my life! It is a private matter so I can’t discuss it on the blog, but please know that everything is fine.

Last night I was looking at our honeymoon pictures. And Eric said, ‘Uh oh what’s wrong?’ He knows whenever I am feeling down in the dumps I look at my honeymoon pictures to perk up my mood. I love day dreaming about traveling. :) I love looking at old pictures in general really.

~~~~

Today went well. I made about 200 Glo Bars, packaged, shipped, etc. Orders are flying in left, right, and center. It is going to be a very busy push to Christmas!

Jammed to Christmas music while I worked…

christmas_playlist

That is my current mix playing in the kitchen as I bake.

I prefer a mix of contemporary artists along with the classic old school stuff.

What kind of Christmas music do you prefer? Do you have any favourite CD’s or artists?

~~~~

Someone asked me where the heck Sketchie has been lately. Well, I will show you…

IMG_6802

Sleeping on Eric’s sweater. He currently lives in front of the space heater. When I turn it on, it makes a little buzz and he comes walking over like a zombie. It puts him in a trance.

~~~~

On that note, I’m going to shut down.

Sorry for the lame post tonight, but I really just feel that I need to disconnect from the virtual world for a while. It can be a bit much at times.

UPDATE: Eric just tickled the crap out of me for 10 minutes. I had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard. This is what life is all about, folks!

Have a fun night whatever you are up to!

Angela_Signature

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.

Confucius

Page 2 of 2«12
Eliana >^..^ November 17, 2009

Thank you for sharing the Christmas list. ;o)

Sketchie should come over for a playdate with my cats. ;O)

Amie November 17, 2009

I see that you like O Holy Night :) You HAVE to listen to Martina McBride’s version….beautiful!

Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness November 17, 2009

The Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers Country Christmas album! It’s an absolute must. I don’t even listen to country music that often, but nothing gets me in the mood like that album!
My parents still have it on vinyl, which rocks!

Tiffany S. November 17, 2009

Those Josh Groban songs get me every time, as well as Faith Hill’s “Where are you Christmas?” from The Grinch. I’m getting chills just thinking about it.

Glad the orders are pouring in. Don’t worry about us out here. We’ll be here when you get back.

Allison November 17, 2009

my boyfriend downloaded a bunch of old school christmas tunes, he seems to not like listening to my choice, N’SYNC Christmas CD. lol I wonder why?? lol I will be busting it out this year like every year since its came out, my little tradition.
Jamming to Christmas tunes just helps you get into a good mood!

Cindy November 17, 2009

I love ALL christmas music but totally adore the classics!
glad you unplugged! good for you~

Valerie November 17, 2009

I love Christmas music! My dad & I always rock out together when I’m home for the holidays. My absolute favourite song is O Holy Night. My grandfather sang it solo for his choir once when I was younger and it just gave me chills. Ever since then, I’ve loved it. My favourite Christmas album is by Josh Groban. I especially love his version of Ave Maria – so beautiful!

Erin November 17, 2009

My holiday spirit isn’t whole unless it includes Mannheim Steamroller! I have fond memories of my Dad putting the vinyl records on as we decorated the house. “Deck the Halls” is still my favorite go-to MS song!

Tania @ Moment Anew November 17, 2009

Angela, check out the new Sting Christmas CD that they are selling at Starbucks. It is SOOO beautiful! Not your usual stuff and almost celtic sounding–so pretty!

I hope you have a better day today! **Sending you a hug through the interwebs!** You deserve nothing but happiness :)

Lauren @ Eater not a runner November 17, 2009

Love the music mix! As far as I’m concerned all Christmas music is awesome :-D

Angela November 17, 2009

Best of luck with everything. :) I believe the bird you saw is a pileated woodpecker(name may be spelled wrong). We have tons of them in our forest and they are huge and beautiful.

They love suet, so you can entice him into your yard with it. :)

jessica November 17, 2009

Hi Ange!
Because of your weekend Twitter post I have been rocking the Christmas music like it’s nobody’s business!

Ginger November 17, 2009

Some hidden GEM’s keep going back to faithfully every year!

John Denver and the Muppets a christmas together
Peter, Paul and Marry Holiday Celebration
Bruce Cockburn Christmas (fantastic)

skinnyrunner November 17, 2009

you’ve done so well with your bakery so quickly!
i love to listen to alabama’s christmas album along with a little mariah carey, nsync and jessica simpson’s holiday cds too. ok that is a weird mix….

Dotsie November 17, 2009

Gotta the love the Sketchie kittie! He is so cute!

Eric is THE MAN-by making you laugh!!

Hope you have a fantastic Tuesday!

Sarah November 17, 2009

Man, cats don’t know how good they have it! I hope whatever it was that was bothering you works out. Have a great day :)

Jenn November 17, 2009

Love your Christmas mix….it looks very similar to the one on my iPod!

Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas” is the ULTIMATE Christmas song for me.

My favorite albums include:

Boney M – I adore the song “Mary’s Boy Child/Oh My Lord

Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton’s Christmas Album – when I’m flying to the east coast for the holidays, I call my Mom from Pearson and don’t say a word…when she picks up I just sing “I’ll be home with bells on” My husband thinks I’m a nut. But it’s tradition!

And finally growing up as a kid in New Brunswick we always listened to the Anne Murray Christmas Album. Hearing her sing Silver Bells always reminds me of decorating the tree at my parents house in New Brunswick…

I’m starting to feel the Christmas spirit creeping up on me!!!

PS – my Dad had one of those woodpeckers in his back yard this summer when I was visiting. I couldn’t believe how big and LOUD it was!

Lindsey (EatReadRun) November 17, 2009

I LOVE looking at pics as well! I’m one of the only people I know who still keeps up with albums. But I love to just grab an album and remember some of the great times. My husband thinks I’m crazy for looking at them so much, but I’m going to tell him it’s not just me!

::christine:: November 17, 2009

I have to hear the chipmunks sing at least once over the holiday and the new Tori Amos “MidWinter Graces” is a lovely winter-time cd ~

Beth @ DiningAndDishing November 17, 2009

I loooove Whitney Houston’s Christmas CD. That is one heck of a voice!

Hope you are feeling much better today :O)