Christmas…On The Cheap!

It’s chilly, won’t you come inside?

IMG 6645 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

Tonight Eric and I dug out the Christmas decorations and got to work!

IMG 6640 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

Tuesday night, we went to Dollarstore. Unfortunately, they didn’t have a ton of stock out yet, but I am confident that they will step up their game as the month goes by. ;)

I got these two Christmas bears for $1 each!!! The scarecrow was also from Dollarstore last month, but he is now packed away for the season.

IMG 6605 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

Christmas decorations are like building a Lululemon wardrobe. Slowly, overtime, you build up a nice collection and they last forever. ;)

IMG 6618 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

IMG 6616 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

Eric’s mom gives her sons at least 2-3 Christmas decorations every year at Christmas. Eric has acquired a huge collection over the years!

IMG 6619 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

I got this Snowman placemat for $1!!!!!!!!! It’s so cute! Expect to see it lots over the next 2 months. ;)

IMG 6628 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

We need to clean out the fireplace so Santa doesn’t get dirty this year…

IMG 6611 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

I am looking forward to our first fire of the year.

IMG 6639 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

IMG 6635 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

When my mom and I first moved to Ontario, it was just us two living in a small apartment. This mini tree below was the only Christmas decoration that we had! It has since been with me to University, our old condo, and now this house. Sketchie can be found sleeping under it when he is not knocking it over…

IMG 6647 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

IMG 6642 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

My favourite Santa is on my desk watching over me.

IMG 6643 thumb1   Christmas...On The Cheap!IMG 6650 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

IMG 6655 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

We had Mariah Carey’s Christmas CD blaring!!!! I LOVE THAT CD!!!!!!!!!!! I know every word, I think.

IMG 6653 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

Dinner tonight was easy-peasy since we were busy decorating. I also blew off my cardio workout in favour of decorating…priorities, people, priorities! ;)

IMG 6586 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!IMG 6589 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

Chickpea Spinach BBQ Pita Pizzas

IMG 6565 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!IMG 6570 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!IMG 6574 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!IMG 6572 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

Ingredients:

• High Protein Pita
  • 2 T Mr. Spice Organic, no salt added, BBQ Sauce
  • Orange pepper
  • Tomato slices
  • spinach
  • Zucchini
  • Roasted chickpeas

Directions: Place all ingredients onto pita to make pizza. Broil in oven on medium for 3-5 minutes watching it carefully.

IMG 6594 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

Organic grapes. These tasted sooooooo good.

IMG 6576 thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap!

My second dessert was a Present Glo Bar. So addicted.

~~~~~

Whittle My Middle 30-Day Challenge:

Can I just say that I am SO excited for this challenge!?! It feels so awesome to be doing this challenge with all of you! I love how you are as excited as I am about it. I am seriously pumped for December 10th!

I have had a few questions about the Whittle My Middle 30-Day Challenge. Here are my answers:

whittle thumb   Christmas...On The Cheap! 1. You can follow along my ab workouts each day on the new ABS page. Keep in mind that everyone will be at a different level. My best advice is just to do it for as long as you can, while still maintaining good form.

2. Don’t have a stability ball? Simply sub the stability ball exercises for other ab exercises. Google it and you will find a million. As long as you are challenging your abs in new ways, it doesn’t entirely matter if you are doing every exercise in the video.

3. Concerned about doing abs 5 days a week? If you are sore then by all means, take a day off in between. You can even double up your workout and just do it 15-20 minutes, 3 times a week.

4. Yes that is me in the picture above, lol. It was taken at the end of the Bikini Body Boot Camp on June 1st 2009. I vow to get my strong abs back! I’ve also been told that strong abs reduce back pain (which I have been having a lot of!).

~~~~

Glo Bakery:

1) There are only 5 more Glo Bar Variety Packs left! This will likely be the last Variety Pack that I do before December since I will be busy with Holiday prep so Get em while you can!

2) Stay tuned later today for the release of the Holiday Gift Packs and special referral and blogger promotion! You will be able to pre-order your Christmas gifts and learn about how you can save money on your orders. Will post Thurs. afternoon.

3) You can now follow Glo Bakery on the official Facebook Fan page!

4) TWITTER: Follow Oh She Glows, Glo Bakery, and Green Monster Movement on Twitter!

~~~~

Whew! Long post. If you are still reading bless your kind heart. ;)

Ciao lovies!

Angela Signature thumb14   Christmas...On The Cheap!

Julie @ Wearing Mascara November 11, 2009

Love the decorations! So warm and cozy :-) Makes me want some hot chocolate!

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) November 11, 2009

Love the placemats! Decorating for Christmas is one of the mini things I miss. Due to our teeny apartment limitations, we really can’t decorate. Although, last year we finally bought stockings and I can’t wait to put them up.

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) November 11, 2009

Love your decorations! I wish we had room in our teeny tiny apartment for a tree :P

Niki (Running In Pink) November 11, 2009

Strong abs do prevent back pain!! At least, strengthening the deep transverse abdominals (which planks are AWESOME for targeting). If I did as many ab-strengthening exercises as my patients do, I would be ripped! :)

P.S. The house looks gorgeous with all the Christmas decorations up! I am getting anxious to start pulling out all of our goodies, too!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 11, 2009

it sounds weird, but I think I have already had less back pain in just 1 week of doing core work!!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 11, 2009

I love snowmen! I can’t wait to decorate.

Julie @savvyeats November 11, 2009

I love decorating for the holidays! I can’t wait to have a non-student apartment so we can do more decorating!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) November 11, 2009

Your decorations are so adorable!! We used to decorate a lot but not the last couple of years :( I usually wait until after Thanksgiving (US Thanksgiving hehe) to listen to Christmas Music but I must admit some have slipped through the cracks recently!

Tania November 11, 2009

Angela, count me IN on this challenge! I’m just getting started with blogging and really making an attempt to get healthy but I’ll do my best! :)

Estela @ Weekly Bite November 11, 2009

Christmas decorating is so much fun! I can’t wait to start!

Tay November 11, 2009

I love love love all your deccies! I was going to say “But it’s not even Thanksgiving yet!” but then remembered you Canadians have every right to celebrate Christmas season through November since Thanksgiving was before Halloween!

Michelle Gay November 11, 2009

cute house. great idea of going to the dollar store.

Nora November 11, 2009

Looks like a lot of fun! I hate to break it to you, but I really think those are snowmen, not bears! :)

Anna November 12, 2009

LOVE your star on top of the tree!

Cynthia (It All Changes) November 12, 2009

I am going to do this but I can’t start this week since I’m getting over the flu. But ASAP I’ll start!

BTW I love the comparison of Christmas Decorations to Lululemon. I still have ornaments from childhood.

Whole Body Love November 12, 2009

I am SO IN for Whittle My Middle!! I am pumped!

Marilyn November 12, 2009

LOVE your Christmas decorations, Angela! I used to hate it when stores got ready for Christmas before Halloween and Thanksgiving had passed by–it just felt like we were rushing the holidays too much! Now that I’m a bit older and wiser, I’m trying to plan ahead, take advantage of some sales that are a bit earlier in the season, and really enjoy the holidays (maybe it was the Christmas music and cinnamon smells in Walmart that got me into the holiday spirit!) Target also has some great cheap Christmas stuff in their dollar section–that’s where I got my very own pink tinsel Christmas tree for my dorm room. I still have it and have already set it up with some cute ornaments from Walmart (seriously, Walmart has a whole section JUST for mini trees–mini Christmas tree skirts, mini stars to top your tree, etc.).

K November 12, 2009

Oh my goodness YES! I love Christmas and am already getting so excited for it! Being in the Nutcracker helps a lot too, rehearsals have started and you get to practice to holiday music all day! :) I told myself I had to wait until the double digits of November to start decorating though (and I still haven’t done it – whats wrong with me! ;)) Unfortunately I am just on my own in a little apartment so I don’t have much but I am totally going to go overboard this year! Will definitely have to check out the dollarstore for ideas- thanks!
-K
P.S. LOVE the holiday themed glow bars too!

Sana November 12, 2009

You are sooo festive and cuteee! I love how Eric’s mom passes decoration down!

Nicole November 12, 2009

I love all your decorations!!! It seriously got me excited to start decorating our house.

We had to break in the fireplace for the first time this year yesterday. The hubby and I went for a 5 mile run and came back frozen. The fire was the only thing to get me warm. It felt so good!!

healthy ashley November 12, 2009

Your house looks awesome! I’m sad to say that we have NO Christmas decorations! I’ll have to change that :)

VeggieGirl November 12, 2009

Yaaaay stunning decorations!!

Shannon November 12, 2009

I love the decorations! I usually decorate after Thanksgiving, but this year, my in-laws are visiting for Thanksgiving, so I want to make the place look festive when they arrive. Your home looks beautiful!

Kristy November 12, 2009

SO excited to break out my Christmas decorations. I am trying to wait until after Thanksgiving though (only 2 weeks away). I will definitely be checking out the dollar store.
Those pizza’s look good.. I think my husband may even like that!

Kasey (Fit For Wellness) November 12, 2009

I have a mini Christmas tree similar to yours… we don’t have enough room for a big tree in our tiny condo!

kilax November 12, 2009

We are putting our decorations up on Sunday! We have started to accumulate a lot of fun things too. I love they way our house feels this time of year!

Our cat LOVES the trees too! He thinks he is hiding when he is underneath them!

Alex @ happygolucky November 12, 2009

I. Love. Your. House. The decorations are soooo cute!!
I really think this is the year I start to accumulate them in my little apartment!
Sooo excited to start the ab work… But I have to wait until I don’t feel like death. :-(

Paige @ Running Around Normal November 12, 2009

You have SOO many Christmas decorations! Wow!!! haha that’s awesome.
I think we will wait until next weekend to put ours up. I typically like to wait until Thanksgiving, but I think this year it will be the weekend before.

Amari November 12, 2009

Your Christmas decorations look BEAUTIFUL! I cannot wait to put up my tree! I love the holiday season, and you can’t beat the festive music to go right along with it! Love the Mariah Carey christmas CD, great choice!

Diana November 12, 2009

WOW!! Your house is so festive! I’m super excited to decorate but we have a house rule that no Christmas decorations can go up before December 1st. However, the bf may be away for a few days this week so who knows what will happen while he is gone. haha.
Diana

elliebelle November 12, 2009

I love Christmas decorations! I wish we could put ours up too but we are getting new windows in the house soon and they will probably just be in the way. So cute and festive! :)

Heather November 12, 2009

the decorations look great! how festive :)

also- in case any readers are interested i posted my stability ball-free core choices here:

there are instructional links included in the post as well

Can’t wait to see how Dec 10th goes!

Claire November 12, 2009

You’re house looks so cozy!You’re pizza looks delicious:-) I tried to get those high protin pitas,but they said they wouldn’t ship them to the US.booooo!Have a great day!! cc

Lauren @ Eater not a runner November 12, 2009

Your christmas decorations look amazing!!! I love lululemon and christmas decorations too :-)

Katie November 12, 2009

Love the decorations! We put ours up after Turkey Day. We are debating how to get a tree on the cheap. We don’t have one, but really don’t want to spend a ton getting one. I think the 6 months I was in school was so depressing because there wasn’t any space to decorate for XMas which is my favorite holiday. So I’m excited to get into it this year.

Erin November 12, 2009

I did my abs yesterday! Love your decorations! And I’m logging into Facebook now to become a fan of GloBakery!

brandi November 12, 2009

i can’t believe the holidays are so close!

It’s crazy seeing Christmas stuff already – we never put ours up until after Thanksgiving, but I love christmas music :)

Anne Marie @ New Weigh of Life November 12, 2009

I can’t believe christmas stuff is out already-I feel like we just got done with summer! Your decorations are adoarble!

stephanie @ foodie mcfood November 12, 2009

I am so excited! I didn’t have a stability ball so I was bummed about not being able to do the challenge, but I am totally doing it now!

Those decorations are awesome!

Jill November 12, 2009

Dollar store here i come!

Leah November 12, 2009

I LOVE that you decorate early too. I try to wait till the end of November but hardly ever make it that long.
This is my first Christmas on my own, so I’ll be decorating my OWN place and not my parents. I have some of my own decorations, but not many. I am SO glad you mentioned getting them at the dollar store, I never would have thought of that!

Page 1 of 212»