Making Light Of Annoying Habits

IMG 6133 thumb   Making Light Of Annoying Habits

Tonight I took the leftover Lentil soup and changed it up a bit to make a spin-off of sloppy joes!

Sloppy Janes

Ingredients:

• 1-2 cups leftover Lentil Soup (with a Twist!)
  • 1 T organic tomato paste (no salt added)
  • 1/2 cup Organic pasta sauce
  • 1 Money’s Veggie Burger
  • Tomato + Cuke slices + Parsley flakes + Crushed Pepper + Balsamic dressing

This lentil soup is really the Little Black Dress (LBD) of soup. Ok, I know, I know…I really need to stop saying that! I’m such a nerd. ;) The kitchen can be a lonely place all day…it’s making me craaaazy.

IMG 6111 thumb   Making Light Of Annoying Habits

I didn’t expect this meal to be so satisfying. The combination of the jazzed up lentil soup and the veggie burger screamed COMFORT FOOD!!!!!!! Expect to see a lot of comfort food this winter…

IMG 6134 thumb   Making Light Of Annoying Habits

I was so warm and fuzzy inside.

That is…until I realized my burger was contaminated with…

IMG 6138 thumb   Making Light Of Annoying Habits

A black olive!!!!

I don’t know if I have ever mentioned this on the blog before, but I HATE olives. It is one of the only foods I actually cannot stomach.

I continued my Back On Track Week, with a delicious bowl of grapes (on steroids, apparently!)

IMG 6115 thumb   Making Light Of Annoying HabitsIMG 6120 thumb   Making Light Of Annoying Habits

Then I had one of Krissy’s Raw Macaroons. Just devine! Coconut is so healing for the body and soul.

And what goes better with a dinner post than feet?!

IMG 6113 thumb2   Making Light Of Annoying Habits

Let me explain why I have this picture on the blog. I swear there is a good reason! haha.

As you may see, there is a fruit sticker on Eric’s sneaker.

Eric claims that I have this annoying habit of always sticking the produce stickers on the kitchen sink. I, on the other hand, really don’t have a problem with it. hahaha.

When I grab an apple, for example, I take the sticker and stick it on the sink, and then proceed to wash the apple. I am usually so excited to eat the delicious fruit that I forget about throwing the sticker into the garbage bin. Hence, the sticker gets left on the sink and then Eric usually finds it and grumbles about my annoying habit, tossing it into the bin. ;)

A couple weeks ago, I decided to make light of the situation

I took an apple sticker and put it on his computer mouse.

IMG 6102 thumb   Making Light Of Annoying Habits

I giggled all day whenever I caught a glimpse of it.

He came home from work and I eagerly awaited his reaction.

Hours passed and nothing. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Finally, around 11pm, he spotted it…"HEY! What’s this doing on here?????" I pretended not to hear him, but I was smirking on the inside.

The the next day, I put one on his shoe:

IMG 6113 thumb3   Making Light Of Annoying HabitsHe wore it all day and didn’t even notice! I was just waiting for the phone call but it did not come.

Then he got home from basketball on Tuesday and as he was removing his shoe, he spotted it.

"HEY!!!!!!" Followed by laughter. I had a kick to my step all day long knowing it was on his shoe!

My point of all of this is to illustrate that everyone has annoying habits. Those annoying habits are magnified when you are living with someone. Eric has an annoying habit of scraping his teeth on the cutlery sometimes. I squirm all up. It is like nails down a chalkboard for me!! I just can’t take it. Sometimes he does it just to see me cringe!

I have realized that there are always going to be annoying things that bother us…but life is a whole lot more enjoyable if you make light of things rather than bickering over it again and again…

~~~~~

Now, I’m dying to know…do you have a partner or roommate who has annoying habits?? What are they?

I used to live with someone in university and she would leave GOBS of hair on the sink, floor, bathtub, etc. Hair in the bathroom is something I just can’t deal with!!!!! Creeps me right out. I’d rather a spider in the bathroom than hair.

Angela Signature thumb7   Making Light Of Annoying Habits

If you have love in your life it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you don’t have it, no matter what else there is, it’s not enough. ~Ann Landers

Kayzilla November 5, 2009

My brother always puts the big spoons in the little spoon holder. Mind you, the big spoons don’t have a place to go but it’s SO ILLOGICAL to put it in with the little spoons. It sticks out and looks weird!

Every male in the family likes to lick knives. It makes me so nervous and cringe every time I see it.

My brother also likes to cut his hair and leave it around the sink so when I accidentally splash water on the counter and try to clean up the water + the hair, the hair wont get picked up. And when it does get picked up by the wash cloth, it gets EVERYWHERE. Uuuugghh. I hate cleaning hair off of things.

bleh I say, bleh!

Can’t really say I have a whole lot of brightsides to that, but it does give me something to bitch about and connect with others with the same passionate dislike for placing things in illogical places, knife licking, and hair on counters. :D Yay humanizing!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 5, 2009

I haaaaaaate knife licking too

And wet hair

Wet hair = way worse than dry hair

Molly November 6, 2009

I seriously have a hair phobia. If it’s not attached to a head, it grosses me out. I even face the shower head and tilt forward as to not let my hair go down my back. I am so weird, but I HATE hair….especially when it is tickling you and you can’t find the strand. UGH, ick, gross.

nicolene November 6, 2009

my hubby always leaves his Ice cream sticks laying around it drives me crazy everywhere I look I see moo sticks!!!!

p.s that dinner looked wicked!

Nadia November 5, 2009

I do the exact same thing – putting the stickers on the edge of the sink!!

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 5, 2009

omg seriously??? I didn’t think anyone did that but me…hahah I can’t wait to tell Eric!

Amanda November 5, 2009

My mom and I do it too : ) It drives my Dad nuts, I just may start putting the stickers on his coffee pot instead…. hehehe.

Help Meghan Run November 6, 2009

Oh, I do it too. :) Sounds like a common habit!

Bronwyn November 6, 2009

Man I’ve totally done this. I stick them where ever I happen to be eating the apple… :)

Kamaile November 6, 2009

I stick them on the sink too!

Maura November 6, 2009

I have a pile of apple stickers on my desk. I actually ended up finding one on my mouse and I’m not sure how long it was there.

liane November 6, 2009

I put the stickers on the kitchen sink too… it’s not just you! :)

Gillian November 6, 2009

I always stuck them along the edge of the window because I thought it was fun! My mom picked them all off one day :)

Laura November 6, 2009

I stick them on the sink too when I was fruit :o) We’ve got a club!

Lesley Living Life November 7, 2009

I stick them on the sink all the time too! I thought it was funny to discover that I’m not the only one who does it!

Meredith (Pursuing Balance) November 5, 2009

My boyfriend slurps his beverages. It drives me crazy! But I love him :)

Bree November 5, 2009

HAHAHA too funny…i LOVE olives – black and green…i can eat them right out of the jar… :-P

Warren cannot throw away junk mail/ads and I HATE clutter…he can’t stand that he MIGHT throw away either a coupon or, god forbid, our address might be on there…he cuts our ADDRESS off junk mail as an identity theft precaution…aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-P

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 5, 2009

bahaaaaaaaaaahahah

Lizzie November 5, 2009

Finally – someone who doesn’t like olives!!! Thank you Angela!! :) But it’s weird, because I love olive oil. . . hmmm . . . your dinner looked so warm and yummy.

Susan November 5, 2009

I’m sure I’m the one with the annoying habits!! :P I had a crazy roommate once who had bad OCD, except it was the opposite of a clean freak. She couldn’t throw anything out! We had stacks of weekly magazines lining our walls, and empty plastic bags everywhere. It got to the point where I moved out. I hope she doesn’t end up on Oprah.

Allison November 5, 2009

I do the same with sticking the stickers from fruit on the sink, or just on the counter where I am cutting something. My boyfriend does that as well, so its not a real annoying thing.
But the one thing that annoys me that he does, is he always leaves his used tea bags IN the sink, ICK. And the toilet seat always up haha. but what guy doesn`t do that.

Molly @thevegandorm November 5, 2009

Haha my room-mate literally gagged the first time I made a Green Monster…but thankfully now she fondly calls me a “hippie” and appreciates most of my quirks…(I think haha)

lizzy November 5, 2009

omg i do the same thing! i leave the stickers EVERYWHERE. you would think it wouldn’t be that hard to just throw them out, but i think it is the excitement of wanting to eat the fruit or vegetable NOW haha. too funny.

Danielle November 5, 2009

I had a roommate that would blow her nose all the time and just leave the tissues all over her desk. It was really gross.

And I don’t like olives either!!

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries November 5, 2009

Nooo I love your LBD comparison :) So on point!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 5, 2009

OMIGOSH Ange I do the same thing with the fruit stickers!! LOL!

But I get tortured every night because my husband snores horribly. Even with nose strips on.

Niki (Running In Pink) November 5, 2009

My husband’s version of cleaning means stacking everything in one pile. After one of his “cleaning” sprees, I’ve had to find a book or binder for class/work and have no idea where it is, because it’s been hidden in a pile of junk in the corner somewhere. I guess it’s a good thing he at least TRIES to clean up!

Leah @ L4L November 5, 2009

Jodus is really clean and organized so I don’t have much to complain about. But I hate that he gets stressed if things aren’t clean. Or if I start cooking dishes and there are dirty dishes in the sink or clean ones in the dishwasher that hadn’t been put away yet!

Melissa November 5, 2009

Oh my gosh I ALWAYS leave those stickers on the sink. It cracks me up that you and a few other readers so far do too! How funny. I annoy myself with it though…hahaha. Sometimes I will have a stack going throughout the day, it probably irritates my husband too!

I love how you randomly placed the stickers for him to find them. That’s awesome. haha.

Angela (Oh She Glows) November 5, 2009

I could pretty much die happy right now knowing there are so many of you who do this.

Oh and I was totally laughing @ ‘having a stack of them throughout the day’…some days are ‘better’ than others ;)

Nikki T November 5, 2009

I’m totally with the Husbands on this one, it would drive me nuts!…The garabage can is right under the sink isn’t it?!?! Hahaha
;)
Life would be so boring if all significant others didn’t have these little quirks though!

Nikki T November 5, 2009

As someone else mentioned above, I think I’m the one with most of the annoying habits! Nolan has been pretty good at kickin’ his- like leaving the toilet seat up and walking past the closet to hang his jacket on the railing!
However, he very much dislikes when he reads his magazine and it is filled with those little ‘subscribe now!’ advertisements that are stuck in between almost every page- he pulls them all out and leaves them on the counter/couch/floor!
I guess if that is the most annoying thing about him, he’s a pretty great Husband! ;)

Sarah Walnuts November 5, 2009

Nail biting, snorting instead of blowing their nose… those are two that make my skin crawl..

Kris November 5, 2009

That is too funny!!! I love it! :)

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) November 5, 2009

My boyfriend has about a trillion annoying habits (and I’m sure I do to) but I try not to stress about them.
For instance: putting the dishes back in the wrong place, leaving lights on when he leaves a room (for hours!), sticking the peanut butter knife in the sink instead of the dishwasher.

We all have annoying things, and I know that we can improve on our little messy habits together. Love this post, I love needling my better half, it’s just so fun!

Valerie November 5, 2009

I used to have a roommate that would get hair all over the bathroom too! I’m like, how can you not see it all everywhere! Ahhhh!

My other roommate does this weird thing with the bath mat. He has it so that you can’t even get the door closed because it’s so close to the doorway & the door is flush with the floor. I don’t know how he gets out of the bathroom with it like that – I honestly think he must position it there AFTER he leaves the room… it’s so odd!! But whenever I go in there later, I have to move the whole bath mat so I can get the door closed!

Thankfully none of them do anything that is seriously over the top annoying. I’m kind of worried about January though – I’m going to be the only female in the house after our one roommate leaves – should be an adventure!

Janna (Just Flourishing) November 5, 2009

My bf has so many quirks… but that’s the way he is. I make fun of him but I don’t let it bother me.

In terms of annoying habits, I probably have way more than he does. I’m so messy and he’s so neat! haha.

Jacqueline November 5, 2009

Oh my gosh, I do the same thing! But I guess my hubby doesn’t mind because he’s never said anything about it.

On the other hand he will open pantry, cabinet, etc. doors and not shut them. I mean they are just left wide open. I caught him doing it the other day! He left the cabinet doors open and looked right at them as he walked away lol! I started laughing…he looked at me and said “what”? All I had to do was stare at the doors! He gave me the “I just got caught” smirk and closed them. It was so funny!

I agree with you, I try to make light of it because I know there are things that bother him. It’s just apart of life! :)

Cynthia (It All Changes) November 5, 2009

I stick the stickers on hte sink too. It’s so convenient. What’s bad is that our trash bin is right next to the sink so I could stick it directly in the bin. Ooops.

Hunni has a bad habit of putting things just shoved in the cabinet even through he knows they have a place. Also he opens multiple boxes of cereal, pasta, etc just because its the first he sees instead of checking to see if HE already opened another box. And he likes to write notes on junk mail and envelopes. Drives me batty.

But I do lots he hates too like leaving towels on the foot board because that’s where I take them off.

Anais November 5, 2009

This post made me laugh SO MUCH! You write really well, it’s like I was standing in your kitchen :P I actually do the same thing with fruit stickers. I always feel bad because I know I’ll be the one to clean them off, but when I’m about to eat a fruit I really don’t care! :)

Bronwyn November 6, 2009

I am the one with the annoying habit! I’m a complete clutter bug! My stuff, books, shoes, pens, random other paraphenilia just end up everywhere! lol, it’s so funny and weird. I’m just a spreader. ;)

Runnerbelle November 6, 2009

My hubby always leaves clumps of toothpaste in the sink. Aren’t you suppose to use it, not just spit it out? Then of course it just sits in the sink and gets stuck. Argh!

I’m sure I have many annoying habits though. LOL

*Andrea* November 6, 2009

haha my roommates leave their coats and boots in our common room in the dorm and leave dirty dishes in the sink alllll the time :( that’s so funny about your apples though because i have like 20 stickers all on my desk from apples that i made a sort of collage with ;) so sad about the olives they’re one of my fav veggies!! my last name actually means ‘land of the olives’ in arabic (and i thinklatin maybe) lollll. delicious meal! i love veggie-ful comfortfood

Anna November 6, 2009

Hehe – I completely understand the giggiling waiting for him to notice feeling. My husband is quite oblivious to things changing and so half the time it’s me starting to laugh that makes him realize I’ve done something I think is “clever.” boys just don’t always appreciate our genius trickery – hehe – off to find a sticker…

Rachael (La Dolce Vita) November 6, 2009

Oh gawd where do I begin? Okay, to preface, please know that I love my husband dearly, but it drives me crazy when he:
-chews with his mouth open (he denies doing this)
-puts his pants in the hamper with one leg inside out (was he raised in a barn?)
-puts dishes in the dishwasher diagonally (those little prongs are there for a reason, ya know?)
-puts the cereal away without closing (rolling up the top of the) the bag inside (who does that!?)

I could go on and on but I’m sure I have my own little quirks that probably aren’t so cute…

Laura November 6, 2009

SO funny! My husband does ALL the same things… every single one you listed. I am cracking up – they must have been separated at birth!

Whole Body Love November 6, 2009

I think Mallard and I have both changed a lot of our habits to adapt to one another over the years. He still leaves toothpaste and shaving stubbles all over the sink. I still forget to turn off a light once in a while.

Brynn November 6, 2009

I’m with you about olives! I was once offered $20 to eat three and I couldn’t get one down. So disappointing!

I had a roommate, who is also my best friend so I get to enjoy this often, always eats pasta by stabbing some with her fork, biting her fork on the other side and scraping the food off with her teeth on the metal. Eeekk! So creepy!

Tay November 6, 2009

LOL what a cute little story :-) My roommates leave dishes in the sink that are so easy to just stick in the dishwasher! Cups, knives, bowls they forget about…
Then they never wipe down the sink or counters. There are always remnants of food in it!

Haylee November 6, 2009

wow I really like your blog, your pictures are amazing.
loved the story:)

Natasha November 6, 2009

Yeh! I do the sticker on the side of the sink too! My fiancé always checks the gas. I mean after anyone uses it, or even when no-one has used it. I’ll hear him pressing the igniter while he brushes his teeth. I can’t help but think one of us will leave the gas on by accident and he’ll blow us up by igniting… all in the name of being safe!

The Voracious Vegan November 6, 2009

Your sloppy jane looks VERY tasty, what a cool idea!

Hmmm…Cody is a sweetie but he definitely has his annoying habits. For one, he always underestimates how long it will take him to do something.

If he knows we are leaving the house to go somewhere at 5, he will wait until 4:30 and then attempt to do the dishes, walk the dogs, take a shower, iron his clothes, and have a sandwich, all in those 30 minutes. Ridiculous!

Laura November 6, 2009

My boyfriend bites his nails off instead of clipping or trimming them. I wouldn’t mind so much if it were, like, a normal person’s kind of nervous nail-biting habit, but this is an intentional “hm, my nails are getting a little long, I think I’ll bite them off” kind of thing. And it’s SO LOUD. Once or twice a week, we’ll just be sitting around, going about our business, when all of a sudden I’ll hear this disgusting CHOP SNAP CHOMP and ughhhghghg it gives me the heebie jeebies.

Shannon November 6, 2009

I love reading everyone’s pet peeves. My dear, sweet husband has an MBA from an ivy-league institution…and yet, he can not brush his teeth! Tooth paste everywhere, including himself! I tell him to brush before getting dressed, but he doesn’t, so he inevitably has to change his shirt. I sure do love him!

Paige @ Running Around Normal November 6, 2009

Such a cute post! And I don’t know HOW you could ever make light of gobs of hair…blech!!

My husband will chew on (what’s left of) his fingernails. It used to bother the crap out of me, and I’d catch him at yell at him every time! Now I realize there’s bigger battles to fight. Chew away, Shane:)

Melanie November 6, 2009

I do the exact same thing with the fruit stickers! I also used to have a bad habit (back when we drank cow’s milk) of leaving the little ring that seals the container in the fridge. I did it when I lived with Mom & Dad and kept doing it when I got married. I’m also bad about putting empty boxes back in the fridge/freezer/pantry. Don’t know why.

Joey never gets out of bed when I tell him to get up, and that annoys the crap out of me. I keep telling him that I’m not his mother…I’ve started now just saying it once and then letting him scramble if he won’t get up right away.

And Shelli just pees on stuff…that’s pretty annoying…and smelly:(

Kady November 6, 2009

Hahaha this post cracked me up! I also have the same bad habit with the fruit stickers! When I lived with my parents, I would wash a fruit and stick the sticker on the top of the spigot, and after 2 days there would be about 4 stickers on top of eachother there, then I would finally get yelled at :) Now living with the boyfriend, I still do it, but will eventually throw them away myself whenever I am cleaning up. He is on the slobby side anyway so he doesn’t notice.

My pet peeve with him is he eats a bowl of cereal almost every night and then sets it down on his side of the floor and goes to sleep. I keep telling him the rule is he has to at least take the bowl out to the sink when he gets up in the morning, but sometimes after a few days and I start straightening up, I’ll go over to his side to find bowls stacked up all gross and it make me so mad!

Page 1 of 3123»