Making Light Of Annoying Habits

IMG_6113

Let me explain why I have this picture on the blog. I swear there is a good reason! haha.

As you may see, there is a fruit sticker on Eric’s sneaker.

Eric claims that I have this annoying habit of always sticking the produce stickers on the kitchen sink. I, on the other hand, really don’t have a problem with it. hahaha.

When I grab an apple, for example, I take the sticker and stick it on the sink, and then proceed to wash the apple. I am usually so excited to eat the delicious fruit that I forget about throwing the sticker into the garbage bin. Hence, the sticker gets left on the sink and then Eric usually finds it and grumbles about my annoying habit, tossing it into the bin. ;)

A couple weeks ago, I decided to make light of the situation

I took an apple sticker and put it on his computer mouse.

IMG_6102

I giggled all day whenever I caught a glimpse of it.

He came home from work and I eagerly awaited his reaction.

Hours passed and nothing. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Finally, around 11pm, he spotted it…”HEY! What’s this doing on here?????” I pretended not to hear him, but I was smirking on the inside.

The the next day, I put one on his shoe:

IMG_6113He wore it all day and didn’t even notice! I was just waiting for the phone call but it did not come.

Then he got home from basketball on Tuesday and as he was removing his shoe, he spotted it.

“HEY!!!!!!” Followed by laughter. I had a kick to my step all day long knowing it was on his shoe!

My point of all of this is to illustrate that everyone has annoying habits. Those annoying habits are magnified when you are living with someone. Eric has an annoying habit of scraping his teeth on the cutlery sometimes. I squirm all up. It is like nails down a chalkboard for me!! I just can’t take it. Sometimes he does it just to see me cringe!

I have realized that there are always going to be annoying things that bother us…but life is a whole lot more enjoyable if you make light of things rather than bickering over it again and again…

~~~~~

Now, I’m dying to know…do you have a partner or roommate who has annoying habits?? What are they?

I used to live with someone in university and she would leave GOBS of hair on the sink, floor, bathtub, etc. Hair in the bathroom is something I just can’t deal with!!!!! Creeps me right out. I’d rather a spider in the bathroom than hair.

Angela_Signature

If you have love in your life it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you don’t have it, no matter what else there is, it’s not enough. ~Ann Landers

1 Kayzilla November 5, 2009

My brother always puts the big spoons in the little spoon holder. Mind you, the big spoons don’t have a place to go but it’s SO ILLOGICAL to put it in with the little spoons. It sticks out and looks weird!

Every male in the family likes to lick knives. It makes me so nervous and cringe every time I see it.

My brother also likes to cut his hair and leave it around the sink so when I accidentally splash water on the counter and try to clean up the water + the hair, the hair wont get picked up. And when it does get picked up by the wash cloth, it gets EVERYWHERE. Uuuugghh. I hate cleaning hair off of things.

bleh I say, bleh!

Can’t really say I have a whole lot of brightsides to that, but it does give me something to bitch about and connect with others with the same passionate dislike for placing things in illogical places, knife licking, and hair on counters. :D Yay humanizing!

2 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 5, 2009

I haaaaaaate knife licking too

And wet hair

Wet hair = way worse than dry hair

3 Molly November 6, 2009

I seriously have a hair phobia. If it’s not attached to a head, it grosses me out. I even face the shower head and tilt forward as to not let my hair go down my back. I am so weird, but I HATE hair….especially when it is tickling you and you can’t find the strand. UGH, ick, gross.

4 nicolene November 6, 2009

my hubby always leaves his Ice cream sticks laying around it drives me crazy everywhere I look I see moo sticks!!!!

p.s that dinner looked wicked!

5 Nadia November 5, 2009

I do the exact same thing – putting the stickers on the edge of the sink!!

6 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 5, 2009

omg seriously??? I didn’t think anyone did that but me…hahah I can’t wait to tell Eric!

7 Amanda November 5, 2009

My mom and I do it too : ) It drives my Dad nuts, I just may start putting the stickers on his coffee pot instead…. hehehe.

8 Help Meghan Run November 6, 2009

Oh, I do it too. :) Sounds like a common habit!

9 Bronwyn November 6, 2009

Man I’ve totally done this. I stick them where ever I happen to be eating the apple… :)

10 Kamaile November 6, 2009

I stick them on the sink too!

11 Maura November 6, 2009

I have a pile of apple stickers on my desk. I actually ended up finding one on my mouse and I’m not sure how long it was there.

12 liane November 6, 2009

I put the stickers on the kitchen sink too… it’s not just you! :)

13 Gillian November 6, 2009

I always stuck them along the edge of the window because I thought it was fun! My mom picked them all off one day :)

14 Laura November 6, 2009

I stick them on the sink too when I was fruit :o) We’ve got a club!

15 Lesley Living Life November 7, 2009

I stick them on the sink all the time too! I thought it was funny to discover that I’m not the only one who does it!

16 Meredith (Pursuing Balance) November 5, 2009

My boyfriend slurps his beverages. It drives me crazy! But I love him :)

17 Bree November 5, 2009

HAHAHA too funny…i LOVE olives – black and green…i can eat them right out of the jar… :-P

Warren cannot throw away junk mail/ads and I HATE clutter…he can’t stand that he MIGHT throw away either a coupon or, god forbid, our address might be on there…he cuts our ADDRESS off junk mail as an identity theft precaution…aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-P

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 5, 2009

bahaaaaaaaaaahahah

19 Lizzie November 5, 2009

Finally – someone who doesn’t like olives!!! Thank you Angela!! :) But it’s weird, because I love olive oil. . . hmmm . . . your dinner looked so warm and yummy.

20 Susan November 5, 2009

I’m sure I’m the one with the annoying habits!! :P I had a crazy roommate once who had bad OCD, except it was the opposite of a clean freak. She couldn’t throw anything out! We had stacks of weekly magazines lining our walls, and empty plastic bags everywhere. It got to the point where I moved out. I hope she doesn’t end up on Oprah.

21 Allison November 5, 2009

I do the same with sticking the stickers from fruit on the sink, or just on the counter where I am cutting something. My boyfriend does that as well, so its not a real annoying thing.
But the one thing that annoys me that he does, is he always leaves his used tea bags IN the sink, ICK. And the toilet seat always up haha. but what guy doesn`t do that.

22 Molly @thevegandorm November 5, 2009

Haha my room-mate literally gagged the first time I made a Green Monster…but thankfully now she fondly calls me a “hippie” and appreciates most of my quirks…(I think haha)

23 lizzy November 5, 2009

omg i do the same thing! i leave the stickers EVERYWHERE. you would think it wouldn’t be that hard to just throw them out, but i think it is the excitement of wanting to eat the fruit or vegetable NOW haha. too funny.

24 Danielle November 5, 2009

I had a roommate that would blow her nose all the time and just leave the tissues all over her desk. It was really gross.

And I don’t like olives either!!

25 Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries November 5, 2009

Nooo I love your LBD comparison :) So on point!!

26 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is November 5, 2009

OMIGOSH Ange I do the same thing with the fruit stickers!! LOL!

But I get tortured every night because my husband snores horribly. Even with nose strips on.

27 Niki (Running In Pink) November 5, 2009

My husband’s version of cleaning means stacking everything in one pile. After one of his “cleaning” sprees, I’ve had to find a book or binder for class/work and have no idea where it is, because it’s been hidden in a pile of junk in the corner somewhere. I guess it’s a good thing he at least TRIES to clean up!

28 Leah @ L4L November 5, 2009

Jodus is really clean and organized so I don’t have much to complain about. But I hate that he gets stressed if things aren’t clean. Or if I start cooking dishes and there are dirty dishes in the sink or clean ones in the dishwasher that hadn’t been put away yet!

29 Melissa November 5, 2009

Oh my gosh I ALWAYS leave those stickers on the sink. It cracks me up that you and a few other readers so far do too! How funny. I annoy myself with it though…hahaha. Sometimes I will have a stack going throughout the day, it probably irritates my husband too!

I love how you randomly placed the stickers for him to find them. That’s awesome. haha.

30 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 5, 2009

I could pretty much die happy right now knowing there are so many of you who do this.

Oh and I was totally laughing @ ‘having a stack of them throughout the day’…some days are ‘better’ than others ;)

31 Nikki T November 5, 2009

I’m totally with the Husbands on this one, it would drive me nuts!…The garabage can is right under the sink isn’t it?!?! Hahaha
;)
Life would be so boring if all significant others didn’t have these little quirks though!

32 Nikki T November 5, 2009

As someone else mentioned above, I think I’m the one with most of the annoying habits! Nolan has been pretty good at kickin’ his- like leaving the toilet seat up and walking past the closet to hang his jacket on the railing!
However, he very much dislikes when he reads his magazine and it is filled with those little ‘subscribe now!’ advertisements that are stuck in between almost every page- he pulls them all out and leaves them on the counter/couch/floor!
I guess if that is the most annoying thing about him, he’s a pretty great Husband! ;)

33 Sarah Walnuts November 5, 2009

Nail biting, snorting instead of blowing their nose… those are two that make my skin crawl..

34 Kris November 5, 2009

That is too funny!!! I love it! :)

35 Chloe (Naturally Frugal) November 5, 2009

My boyfriend has about a trillion annoying habits (and I’m sure I do to) but I try not to stress about them.
For instance: putting the dishes back in the wrong place, leaving lights on when he leaves a room (for hours!), sticking the peanut butter knife in the sink instead of the dishwasher.

We all have annoying things, and I know that we can improve on our little messy habits together. Love this post, I love needling my better half, it’s just so fun!

36 Valerie November 5, 2009

I used to have a roommate that would get hair all over the bathroom too! I’m like, how can you not see it all everywhere! Ahhhh!

My other roommate does this weird thing with the bath mat. He has it so that you can’t even get the door closed because it’s so close to the doorway & the door is flush with the floor. I don’t know how he gets out of the bathroom with it like that – I honestly think he must position it there AFTER he leaves the room… it’s so odd!! But whenever I go in there later, I have to move the whole bath mat so I can get the door closed!

Thankfully none of them do anything that is seriously over the top annoying. I’m kind of worried about January though – I’m going to be the only female in the house after our one roommate leaves – should be an adventure!

37 Janna (Just Flourishing) November 5, 2009

My bf has so many quirks… but that’s the way he is. I make fun of him but I don’t let it bother me.

In terms of annoying habits, I probably have way more than he does. I’m so messy and he’s so neat! haha.

38 Jacqueline November 5, 2009

Oh my gosh, I do the same thing! But I guess my hubby doesn’t mind because he’s never said anything about it.

On the other hand he will open pantry, cabinet, etc. doors and not shut them. I mean they are just left wide open. I caught him doing it the other day! He left the cabinet doors open and looked right at them as he walked away lol! I started laughing…he looked at me and said “what”? All I had to do was stare at the doors! He gave me the “I just got caught” smirk and closed them. It was so funny!

I agree with you, I try to make light of it because I know there are things that bother him. It’s just apart of life! :)

39 Cynthia (It All Changes) November 5, 2009

I stick the stickers on hte sink too. It’s so convenient. What’s bad is that our trash bin is right next to the sink so I could stick it directly in the bin. Ooops.

Hunni has a bad habit of putting things just shoved in the cabinet even through he knows they have a place. Also he opens multiple boxes of cereal, pasta, etc just because its the first he sees instead of checking to see if HE already opened another box. And he likes to write notes on junk mail and envelopes. Drives me batty.

But I do lots he hates too like leaving towels on the foot board because that’s where I take them off.

40 Anais November 5, 2009

This post made me laugh SO MUCH! You write really well, it’s like I was standing in your kitchen :P I actually do the same thing with fruit stickers. I always feel bad because I know I’ll be the one to clean them off, but when I’m about to eat a fruit I really don’t care! :)

41 Bronwyn November 6, 2009

I am the one with the annoying habit! I’m a complete clutter bug! My stuff, books, shoes, pens, random other paraphenilia just end up everywhere! lol, it’s so funny and weird. I’m just a spreader. ;)

42 Runnerbelle November 6, 2009

My hubby always leaves clumps of toothpaste in the sink. Aren’t you suppose to use it, not just spit it out? Then of course it just sits in the sink and gets stuck. Argh!

I’m sure I have many annoying habits though. LOL

43 *Andrea* November 6, 2009

haha my roommates leave their coats and boots in our common room in the dorm and leave dirty dishes in the sink alllll the time :( that’s so funny about your apples though because i have like 20 stickers all on my desk from apples that i made a sort of collage with ;) so sad about the olives they’re one of my fav veggies!! my last name actually means ‘land of the olives’ in arabic (and i thinklatin maybe) lollll. delicious meal! i love veggie-ful comfortfood

44 Anna November 6, 2009

Hehe – I completely understand the giggiling waiting for him to notice feeling. My husband is quite oblivious to things changing and so half the time it’s me starting to laugh that makes him realize I’ve done something I think is “clever.” boys just don’t always appreciate our genius trickery – hehe – off to find a sticker…

45 Rachael (La Dolce Vita) November 6, 2009

Oh gawd where do I begin? Okay, to preface, please know that I love my husband dearly, but it drives me crazy when he:
-chews with his mouth open (he denies doing this)
-puts his pants in the hamper with one leg inside out (was he raised in a barn?)
-puts dishes in the dishwasher diagonally (those little prongs are there for a reason, ya know?)
-puts the cereal away without closing (rolling up the top of the) the bag inside (who does that!?)

I could go on and on but I’m sure I have my own little quirks that probably aren’t so cute…

46 Laura November 6, 2009

SO funny! My husband does ALL the same things… every single one you listed. I am cracking up – they must have been separated at birth!

47 Whole Body Love November 6, 2009

I think Mallard and I have both changed a lot of our habits to adapt to one another over the years. He still leaves toothpaste and shaving stubbles all over the sink. I still forget to turn off a light once in a while.

48 Brynn November 6, 2009

I’m with you about olives! I was once offered $20 to eat three and I couldn’t get one down. So disappointing!

I had a roommate, who is also my best friend so I get to enjoy this often, always eats pasta by stabbing some with her fork, biting her fork on the other side and scraping the food off with her teeth on the metal. Eeekk! So creepy!

49 Tay November 6, 2009

LOL what a cute little story :-) My roommates leave dishes in the sink that are so easy to just stick in the dishwasher! Cups, knives, bowls they forget about…
Then they never wipe down the sink or counters. There are always remnants of food in it!

50 Haylee November 6, 2009

wow I really like your blog, your pictures are amazing.
loved the story:)

51 Natasha November 6, 2009

Yeh! I do the sticker on the side of the sink too! My fiancé always checks the gas. I mean after anyone uses it, or even when no-one has used it. I’ll hear him pressing the igniter while he brushes his teeth. I can’t help but think one of us will leave the gas on by accident and he’ll blow us up by igniting… all in the name of being safe!

52 The Voracious Vegan November 6, 2009

Your sloppy jane looks VERY tasty, what a cool idea!

Hmmm…Cody is a sweetie but he definitely has his annoying habits. For one, he always underestimates how long it will take him to do something.

If he knows we are leaving the house to go somewhere at 5, he will wait until 4:30 and then attempt to do the dishes, walk the dogs, take a shower, iron his clothes, and have a sandwich, all in those 30 minutes. Ridiculous!

53 Laura November 6, 2009

My boyfriend bites his nails off instead of clipping or trimming them. I wouldn’t mind so much if it were, like, a normal person’s kind of nervous nail-biting habit, but this is an intentional “hm, my nails are getting a little long, I think I’ll bite them off” kind of thing. And it’s SO LOUD. Once or twice a week, we’ll just be sitting around, going about our business, when all of a sudden I’ll hear this disgusting CHOP SNAP CHOMP and ughhhghghg it gives me the heebie jeebies.

54 Shannon November 6, 2009

I love reading everyone’s pet peeves. My dear, sweet husband has an MBA from an ivy-league institution…and yet, he can not brush his teeth! Tooth paste everywhere, including himself! I tell him to brush before getting dressed, but he doesn’t, so he inevitably has to change his shirt. I sure do love him!

55 Paige @ Running Around Normal November 6, 2009

Such a cute post! And I don’t know HOW you could ever make light of gobs of hair…blech!!

My husband will chew on (what’s left of) his fingernails. It used to bother the crap out of me, and I’d catch him at yell at him every time! Now I realize there’s bigger battles to fight. Chew away, Shane:)

56 Melanie November 6, 2009

I do the exact same thing with the fruit stickers! I also used to have a bad habit (back when we drank cow’s milk) of leaving the little ring that seals the container in the fridge. I did it when I lived with Mom & Dad and kept doing it when I got married. I’m also bad about putting empty boxes back in the fridge/freezer/pantry. Don’t know why.

Joey never gets out of bed when I tell him to get up, and that annoys the crap out of me. I keep telling him that I’m not his mother…I’ve started now just saying it once and then letting him scramble if he won’t get up right away.

And Shelli just pees on stuff…that’s pretty annoying…and smelly:(

57 Kady November 6, 2009

Hahaha this post cracked me up! I also have the same bad habit with the fruit stickers! When I lived with my parents, I would wash a fruit and stick the sticker on the top of the spigot, and after 2 days there would be about 4 stickers on top of eachother there, then I would finally get yelled at :) Now living with the boyfriend, I still do it, but will eventually throw them away myself whenever I am cleaning up. He is on the slobby side anyway so he doesn’t notice.

My pet peeve with him is he eats a bowl of cereal almost every night and then sets it down on his side of the floor and goes to sleep. I keep telling him the rule is he has to at least take the bowl out to the sink when he gets up in the morning, but sometimes after a few days and I start straightening up, I’ll go over to his side to find bowls stacked up all gross and it make me so mad!

58 chandra h November 6, 2009

I do the same thing with apple stickers!! not necessarily the kitchen sink, but usually like around my desk/my computer/on my backpack/on something i’m writing on – etc etc. basically i eat apples in a lot of different places and i have left stickers in many different places (like operation beautiful, except w/ produce stickers. errr) :)

59 Maura November 6, 2009

I had a roommate that had a tendency to leave her stuff EVERYWHERE. She’d leave cups, dishes (dirty ones!), keys, socks, sneakers, and everything else just scattered. HOW ANNOYING. So one day, I started piling them in the middle of the living room floor. One day the pile got so big she could no longer ignore it. Needless to say, she got the hint. Muhaha

60 Elisabeth November 6, 2009

This post had me cracking up. I love the sticker on the shoe! lol.

My FIANCE (sorry…just engaged…trying it out) has all kinds of funny habits. One of the grossest habits he had, but has thankfully since stopped doing, is leaving his used Q-Tips on the bathroom sink. Oh my gosh. That was the grossest thing! lol.

61 Jenn (eating bender) November 6, 2009

I love what you did with the soup! Beautiful pictures.

I am laughing out loud as I read the produce story because that is SO me. I always leave the stickers around the kitchen. I’ve got some annoying habits and Bobby has some annoying habits. In fact, we just determined that I am “cluttered messy” and he is “dirty messy” – there is a difference! Cluttered messy is obviously better because it’s not dirty, right? ;) But we definitely make fun of ourselves and inspire each other to pick up said “messes,” which makes it better for the look of our apartment, that’s for sure!

62 Kasey (Fit For Wellness) November 6, 2009

I love this post! I apparently really bug my fiance when I grab the toothpaste tube and squeeze from the middle… he wants me to strategically squeeze from the bottom… but when I’m sleepy and ready for bed it’s something I always forget about it! On the other hand, he has a habit of leaving things everywhere… I like things un-cluttered and organized so everyday I pick up his shoes, clothes, and dirty cups that are randomly lying around the house!

63 Beki November 6, 2009

I love my husband, and i know i do things that annoy him. With that said the one thing that drives me crazy is: He comes home from work, steps inside the front door and takes his shoes off (so when i get home i cant open the door because his huge boots are wedged underneath it). Then he walks to the dinning room strips down to his boxers and leaves the clothes behind the couch (the couch seperates the den and dinning room) After this he walks down the hall turns left at the DIRTY CLOTHES HAMPER and gets in the shower leaving his underwear on the floor in the bathroom. Really, you think he could manage to wait to undress beside the dirty clothes hamper, I would settle for that.

64 Kristin November 6, 2009

When my boyfriend washes his face at night he completely soaks the bathroom counter getting all of my stuff wet and I also get wet because I have a habit of leaning against the counter then I have to change. He also hugs me with wet hands… I must not like getting wet. Also he always always washes the dishes and leaves soap on them…bleh

65 Melanie November 7, 2009

Kristin, my husband used to do the exact same thing. I started forcing him to wash his face in the bathtub. It was either that, or I was going to start using his clean underwear to mop up the water…;)

66 Kelly from Bridges and Bites November 6, 2009

*giggles* You little trick is funny. I’m sure I could write a book on my husband’s annoying habits and he could write one about mine! I get so annoyed with my husband messes with his beard. He will tug at it, pull some hairs out, etc and it drives me nuts-o!!!!!

67 Claire November 6, 2009

No olive love?I’m obsessed with them.oh,yes:-) I do the same thing with my stickers,but I don’t have a roomie.hehe…

68 christie @ honoring health November 6, 2009

I put the stickers on the sink, too :)

My dear husband crunches his cereal really loud and it drives me bonkers. Another thing is does if we are on the phone and he is bored with talking to me, he starts meowing at the cats really loudly and since my car has bluetooth, it is really loud and hurts my ears. At that point, I always just tell him that I love him and that I will talk to him later. :)

69 Tiffany November 6, 2009

What a fun topic Angela…I could go on for days (just kidding…sort of). My husband does two things that annoy the ever-living mess out of me:
1. He doesn’t completely shut drawers. For example, when he gets a pair of socks out of the dresser, he closes the drawer until there is about a 2-inch gap….then stops! I mean, you’ve already started to close it…just finish it!
2. When he cooks (yes, I shouldn’t complain!), he leaves a mess on the counter (like, he’ll clean the dishes and such, but when he sprinkles salt, pepper, spices, etc…he gets it everywhere…I’ll find kosher salt 3 feet away from where he’s cooking!).

70 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 6, 2009

haha this just reminded me of another of Eric’s annoying habits. When he puts the dish detergent into the dishwasher…it never fails that he leaves a sprinkle of detergent all over the floor. There is always a trace that he had been there. lol.

71 Carolyn November 6, 2009

That dinner looks really yummy! What a pretty presentation!

72 Tina November 6, 2009

I am TOTALLY with you. I hate olives!! I don’t understand people’s love for them. But I’m sure people don’t understand my love for a lot of different foods :P

My roommates definitely have a couple annoying habits. One of them being staying up until who knows when and then sleeping ALL day. I hate having to tiptoe around my room and not turn on the lights until 1 or 2pm. Gahh!

73 Jil November 6, 2009

I put the stickers on the sink, too! haha I like your solution to Eric’s annoyance with it though. Too funny!! My brother used to always just shave (like electric shaver) over the sink and leave it there…everywhere. I told him to put a towel over the sink so that his hair would just fall into the towel and then he could empty that into the trash..but even then, he just picked up the towel carelessly and hair went everywhere…boys. haha

74 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 6, 2009

I hate hair trimmings!

75 Yussy November 6, 2009

My husband loooooooves baby powder! He literary dumps half a bottle on his body every time he takes a shower! It drives me crazy!!! The bathroom is always covered on baby powder! When he gets out of the bathroom you can see a “cloud” following him!!! LOL Such a bad habit!!!

76 caitlin November 6, 2009

heheh cute post.

my husband never, ever cleans his bathroom. but you already knew that.

77 katie November 6, 2009

My boyfriend like to throw things away, like pennies(?!) and any leftover food from his lunch or dinner preparation. I don’t understand the penny thing, although he claims they are useless. I put my change in a plastic baggie in a drawer and told him to put the pennies there too. It drives me nuts to take a trash bag out of the little trash can in my room and the bottom is jingling. He tried to throw away a little bag of walnuts I put in his lunch and some cut up orange pepper from dinner the other day! I don’t get it-leftover prepped food is awesome and there was nothing wrong with the walnuts, except that he didn’t get around to eating them. Wow.

78 Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) November 6, 2009

Oh gosh, what good timing! My BF takes a long time to get ready (or is just slow-moving) :) and we carpool in the morning and so I sometimes freak out but I’m trying to not fret about 20 minutes….in the scheme of life, it’s only 20 minutes….

79 Julie @savvyeats November 6, 2009

Emily, I’m totally with you on this one! My fiance gets ready so much more slowly than me when we’re going places, and I get antsy about it…

80 Gena November 6, 2009

My ex roomie used to use my blender and leave it in the sink, unwashed. She once did that when we were both leaving for a long weekend, and I came home to find it covered in fruit flies. No joke.

81 Hayley November 6, 2009

What a great way to start my Friday morning, thanks for sharing Angela. I definitely share in your fruit sticker habit. Heh. I stop myself though because my boyfriend is a huge neatfreak and it would drive him nuts! We’ve recently moved in together and I’m actually surprised that there isn’t more that gets on my nerves. Only thing I can think of is him throwing his clothes on the floor at the end of the bed. This I don’t understand because he has been described as “anal” by many friends. I’m constantly tripping over them on my way to the washroom in the middle of the night. Argh! Oh, and he also sheds like you wouldn’t believe so after blow drying his hair in the morning, it seems like most of it has now formed a rug on the washroom floor. Ick!

82 Diana November 6, 2009

Ahah omg I totally do that too! I always leave those stickers around, mostly in the sink! Sometimes I put them in someone’s shirt just to mess with them :P

83 Alex November 6, 2009

Hahaha, that’s so hilarious. I do that too! My apple stickers are everywhere! Under tables, on my clothes, on dishes, on the wall. I don’t even notice I’m doing it until someone points it out!

My boyfriend likes to use as many glasses as he can. When I marvelled at all the glasses one day he replied, “Well, I like to have my bedside table glass, my bathroom glass, and my roaming glass!” Given that my entire apartment is about 500 square feet, I had to burst out laughing at this response. I love him all the same :)

84 Anne Marie @ New Weigh of Life November 6, 2009

The sloppy janes look awesome!

85 Bree@beeskneeslife November 6, 2009

I totally do the same thing with the fruit and veggies stickers! I also have a tendency to not clean out the drain catchers (technical term?) in the kitchen sink after cooking and doing dishes. I will clean everything else and seem to forget those. My husband hates it :) I am lucky to have a clean freak as a lifelong roommate.

And eww on the hair thing. I agree – I would take a bug over gobs of hair any day. Yuck.

86 skinnyrunner November 6, 2009

this post is too funny, and cute. my hubby obsessively cleans and it annoys me! yeah, yeah, it could be worse I know…

87 Mo November 6, 2009

I must admit that I also put the apple, peach, nectarine, banana, etc, etc, stickers on the sinker or counter or anywhere that is convenient for me (L-A-Z-Y!). And when I find them later, I am annoyed with myself!

I loved your story though – it’s the kind of clever response to a situation that I hope to rememeber the next time that I am annoyed by something my husband does, or vice-versa.

88 Bernadette November 6, 2009

I leave the price tags on stuff! I don’t even realize I do it but my ex and my kids tease me about it. Not on clothes but frames, coffee mugs anything else… flip it over and your likely to find a price tag.

xoxo
Berni

89 Mo November 6, 2009

My husband’s annoying habit is a tough one to admit… because it’s really bad manners so and I do not know how to address it with him! He blows on his food before he eats it. You know, as if it is too hot to eat and blowing on it is an acceptable solution. Ugh! I think that is only okay when you are 5 years old! I grit my teeth and try to lead by example by NOT blowing on my food. Alas, after 4 months of marriage, he is still doing it. And winter is coming so there will be lots of soup for dinner. Someone send help!

I feel like a jerk for eveing posting this about him, but at the same time, it feels good to share it. :-)

90 Eliana >^..^ November 6, 2009

Marc and I BOTH hate olives. Yuk!

91 jen November 6, 2009

my boyfriend ALWAYS leaves his shoes all over the front foyer blocking the front door (when we have a shoe rack right there!) and ALWAYS leaves the lights on in the house when he leaves. after months of telling him the same thing over and over again. i decided to make sticky notes and place them in those areas, one saying “turn off lights” and the other “put shoes on rack”

i came home the next day and the sticky notes were changed and said “turn off shoes” and “put lights on rack”.

i’ve left his silly revised notes up, because i know he will change them again. BUT, he has been putting his shoes aways and turning off the lights before he leaves ever since!! SUCCESS!!

92 Denise November 6, 2009

Oh My LORD! I have the same habit of leaving fruit stickers on the sink!

Gotta put em somewhere, right?

My hubby plays in his ice cream. He calls it “mixing it”. He much prefers his ice cream soft. Instead of just letting it sit there until it melts, he stirs it. DRIVES ME NUTS!

93 Hayley November 6, 2009

I do that too! I sometimes add milk to make it milk-shake like. heh.

94 brittany November 6, 2009

My hubby will always, ALWAYS (I am convinced) make the biggest water mess around the sink when washing his hands. He gets his hands all wet, gets soap, turns the water off, (dripping water all over), and then shakes his hands off while going to get the towel!!! WATER EVERYWHERE!!! all over the sink, faucet, counter, floor!! HAHA!

Ooooh…the veggie burger looks good. =) I love olives though!

By the way, I got the tea tree oil you were telling me about!!! =) LOVE!!!

95 Leah November 6, 2009

My boyfriend does the SAME thing with the water!! I didnt think there was anyone else out there who can manage to make SUCH a mess just washing their hands!! Its always all over the counter, the floor, he SOAKS the towels. Its amazing!!

96 Alex November 6, 2009

baaaaaaah- i leave my stickers on the sink too!!!!
I live alone… so no one to drive bananas but myself. And it does drive me loco that I can’t seem to put away laundry right away… it just kind of hangs out on the couch until I wear it again!

97 lindsay perrone November 6, 2009

I’m in class right now DYING over your silly prank. It’s so funny but I’m trying with all my might to contain my laugh. HILARIOUS.

98 lindsay perrone November 6, 2009

Also, my boyfriend has the most annoying habit of taking off his shirt or socks before bed and throwing tnem on my head. It makes me SO mad, which fuels his fire. Seeing it written down makes me realize how rediculous and funny it really is.

99 elliebelle November 6, 2009

This is hilarious! My boyfriend loves to throw his stinky socks at me and thinks it is just sooooo funny!

100 Beth @ DiningAndDishing November 6, 2009

I totally know what you mean! When my friend and I were travelling Europe together for a few months I would get soooo annoyed with how she used to pick at her hair. She would get soooo annoyed with how I used to inspect my nails. Okay, weird habits, I know! I don’t even think these are things we had noticed about each other before, but spending 24/7 with someone brings up interesting observations!

101 Lindsay November 6, 2009

Wow that looks delicious

102 elliebelle November 6, 2009

This is so funny! I have been known to be a fruit sticker on the sink person as well. haha! My boyfriend has a habit of putting the kitchen shears away in the junk drawer and it drives me nuts! The kitchen shears go in the utensil drawer – there is already regular scissors in the junk drawer!!! And, my boyfriend can’t stand that I let my laundry pile way up high. I am a bit of a clothes horse, so I don’t need to do laundry every week, so I don’t. Well, it drives him crazy. heehee.
It is so funny to hear about other people’s odd habits.
Great post!

103 Sammi November 6, 2009

Eeek! I’m guilty of your pet peeve! My hair is super long and thick so if I get some on my hand or something in the shower I put it on the shower wall so I can throw it away later rather than have it go down and clog up the drain. When my sisters still lived at home I shared a shower with one of them but it wasn’t a problem because I learned it from her! The thing is, it would probably drive me crazy if it wasn’t my own hair! It is so gross when I see hair all over the sink especially at a public restroom.

My boyfriend and I dont live together but it drives me crazy when I go to his house and his wet towel is on the bed. Then I go to sit down and the bed is wet from it! ew!

104 jodie November 6, 2009

That is too funny. I put my stickers on some wine bottles I have near the sink. I counted them one day and I had 12 stickers all over the bottle. Have a great weekend.

105 SarahF November 6, 2009

This post (and it’s comments) are hilarious. I realize I’m a little late on posting but I just had to join the conversation.

My boyfriend’s annoying habit is that he’s fairly sensitive to smells and once he smells something he can’t get his mind off of it! One time, I was spraying hair spray in my hair and he started telling me how terrible it smelt-and about 20 minutes later we’re driving and he’s got his head out of the car because the smell is “overpowering him”. The thing I can’t understand-it’s only if he’s aware of the smell occurring-I’ve used the same hair spray for the two years I’ve dated him, but if he sees me spray it-then he notices.

But then again…I’m about 90% positive I have just as annoying habits that annoy him. Ah-the joys of being a couple :P

106 Leah November 6, 2009

My boyfriend has SO many annoying habits. He drives me crazy with some of them, but others I just cant help but laugh.
First of all – he bites his fingernails. I can deal with that, what I cant deal with is the fact that he keeps the nail bits in his mouth and chews them. Its just gross. He also never learned how to blow his nose so when he has a cold, or allergies he sniffles constantly.
He also really hates missing anything. If we’re out somewhere with people and he has to go to the bathroom, he’ll come out while doing up his pants. Just in case something’s happening.
Or if a hockey game is on when we get home, I’ll find one shoe at the door, and the other halfway across the house because he was in SUCH a hurry. lol that makes me laugh!!

107 sarah m November 6, 2009

am i too late with this?: CONGRATS on your shout out on the VegNewsLetter from Veg magazine!! That’s so awesome, Ange!

108 Katherine November 6, 2009

when i lived with mom and dad my dad would get so upset when we left the apple stickers on the sink. now i get mad at my hubby when he does it!

109 Veronica November 6, 2009

You’re not alone, my husband got on my case just the other day about leaving the stickers on the sink!! lol

110 Angela (Oh She Glows) November 6, 2009

SINK STICKERS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!

111 Laura November 6, 2009

Angela your post was great and I love reading everyone’s comments. I needed a chuckle today!

My husband has most of the ones listed above so I will spare reciting them all… haha, it is part of his charm.

Mine, apparently for him, is that I tend to leave half-filled glasses of water all over the house. I get a glass and start drinking it and apparently forget about it and get another glass… he counted 6 one day and it was pretty funny.

112 OSGMOM November 6, 2009

Ange, I got your email and just wanted to say Congrats on that latest piece of news – how wonderful for you. We are in Raiatea today. It pales in comparison to Bora Bora. All is well. We will be in touch.

113 rhodeygirl November 9, 2009

Bora Bora!!! I left my heart in Bora Bora. That’s where we honeymooned!

114 Caitlin@TheTwentyFifthYear November 7, 2009

Our house is no stranger to the follow between the two of us:

The glasses half-filled with water on.every.counter top.and.surface. in the whole house.

Clothes left in washer/dryer for days without being switched out.

Stack of dishes in the sink all with water in/on them (soaking I presume) when the dishwasher is inches away.

Hair ties/bobby pins/gym socks/iPods/mail/bills/borrowed tupper ware/scarves/coats on our ‘everything table’ where EVERYTHING gets piled when you walk in the door.

And finally,

The “I cleaned last time,” cop-out. Doesn’t fly in these four walls.

115 Red Head, Yellow Dog November 7, 2009

haha these were so fun to read! My boyfriend def has some annoying habits too. He bites/picks his nails (EW!!!) and he always opens the new container of something before the old one is completely empty. This is problematic with stuff that he just uses (milk, cheese etc) because this container will sit in the fridge forever with the little bit of something in it! drives me nuts!

116 rhodeygirl November 9, 2009

Ummm my husband and I are still getting used to living together, and there are some serious adjustments.

I’d say his most annoying habit that leaves me laughing is that he gets out of the shower before drying off, leaving a big puddle of water all over the floor. But he looks so cute that I can’t get made.

Most annoying habit that leaves me ANNOYED is that he’ll fold a load of laundry every once in a blue moon but doesn’t fold my stuff, particularly mu underthings, socks, and tanks. I don’t think it is too much to ask to have him fold a few extra items!

I bet he’d say that my most annoying habit is that I wash dishes and then leave them on a towel on the counter to dry. He wants me to just dry them right away because they annoy him sitting on the counter, but I continue to leave them.

117 rhodeygirl November 9, 2009

made = mad of course

118 Amber@theminimalistdiaries November 9, 2009

Wow my boyfriend and I have a lot of little habits that irk each other. He always gets mad at me when I lick a knife too! (He is Russian and apparently it’s bad luck in their culture…) He also hates when I leave the contact solution case open because he thinks dust will get inside. I swear when he first told me this I was so confused… He has this annoying habit of pulling pickles out of the jar with his FINGERS. So gross! I just think about all those little germs sitting in the jar. I had a roommate who had hair extensions and they would fall out EVERYWHERE. We would see them falling from the 2nd floor into the den below. My boyfriend once found a chunk wrapped around his toothbrush! He FREAKED out.

119 Jo November 9, 2009

There is an artist here in Colorado that makes artwork from fruit stickers. He solicits them from all over. Check out his site at stickermanproduceart.wordpress.com He is actually quite talented and I am certain would be quite happy to make use of your stickers.

120 Megan November 9, 2009

i used to the sticker thing all the time when i lived with my parents!!! it drove my mom crazy, i’m glad i’m not the only one!

121 Marianne November 19, 2009

Olives are seriously the only food I refuse to eat. I’m with you – they are horrible! And they leave their flavour on any food they touch. Ugh.

122 Shauna December 25, 2009

What a great use for leftover lentil soup!

1. Olives are the food I hate more than anything.
2. I do that with fruit stickers, too! Any surface will do. I also put them on people, myself included. I’m currently wearing two :)

123 Amanda May 20, 2014

My boyfriend often puts his coat on the back of a chair, I dont like doing this at my house or hi, so when we arrive at his house, I almost always walk to the oddly placed coat closet, put my coat away and go back for his. Normally, he’s still removing things from his pockets, about to put the coat on a chair. He looks puzzled and then laughs and gives me the coat. He also snores and I wear earplugs to block it, he very kindly will ask “Did you put your earplugs in?” because he knows I don’t like being in comfortable spot only to have to move and reach for earplugs.