What Is Your Happy Length?

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on October 29, 2009

I definitely did a happy dance for no split ends!!!!

IMG_7194

Weeeeeee.

IMG_7207

Let’s not forget the horror show it was just hours ago…and yes that is a pony-tail dent! haha. It looks like a bad halloween wig! hehe.

IMG_7183

The goal was to even out the straggly ends!

Voila!

IMG_7203

I actually wanted to go about 2 inches shorter (just below my shoulders), but my hair dresser thought it was a good idea to ‘ease’ into the length. She is probably right. I ended up getting 5-6 inches off though! My hair was LONG.

Either way I LOVE it ‘shorter’!!! It feels so fresh. I feel so sassy! :D I now think I REALLY want to get a cute bob that just hits my shoulders. I think I would love that.

IMG_7193

This is definitely my ‘happy’ length…for now anyways. I haven’t felt this good in ages! I say this every time, but I really need to stop putting off my hair cuts!!!!! I am horrible for neglecting my hair.

What is your happy length?

Angela_Signature

Back soon! Going to eat!

Julie @savvyeats October 29, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Love the hair!

I think my ‘happy length’ is about shoulder-length. I like it chin-length when I initially get it cut, but I get sick of how short it is quickly. Trying to grow it out now to give me more flexibility for the wedding… it feels like it is growing sooooo slowly!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 29, 2009 at 8:03 pm

my hair dresser said if you get regular trims it grows FASTER…I guess because your hair doesn’t split up the shaft

[email protected] October 29, 2009 at 8:09 pm

My happy length is a couple of inches above shoulder length. And I went super dark last night, so I am feeling shiny and sassy myself! :)

Taylor October 29, 2009 at 8:14 pm

My “happy length” for the past few years has been midway down my back (think bra strap line) but I am really itching to cut it above my shoulders. I told myself I would cut off my hair when my skin cleared up – which is totally lame. ;-)

Kayzilla October 29, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Awww. You look really cute! The hair cut looks nice. I bet you’d look really cute with a bob too, but I reckon it’d make the winter a little bit more uncomfortable once it gets uber cold outside.

I usually get mad at my hair or feel the urge to “reinvent” myself and end up cutting my hair to juuust below my chin with messy layers. Looks fabulous, but I honestly haven’t seen my hair go longer then that since I was 5, so I’m growing it out. It’s only at shoulder length now, but I’m already diggin’ it. It makes me feel oh so feminine, but I’m excited to see what it’s like when it’s longer. :D

Jil October 29, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Aww, the hair looks great!! I love how wonderful a new haircut can make you feel. Even a trim can just make you feel lighter! I always put off hair appointments, too. It can just get so expensive though…

Jess October 29, 2009 at 8:23 pm

Love it!

I’m horrible at getting haircuts too. I end up just pulling it up all the time – I have crazy curls too that are always out of control! I need to splurge soon and get it cut – it’s driving me nuts!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 29, 2009 at 8:28 pm

You just inspired me to cut my hair. it’s been 3 months since I’ve had a trim! bad, bad, bad!

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama October 29, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Because of my extra thin hair, I cannot have it long at all. Just a tad past my shoulders is as long as I can grow it. It becomes very stringy and flat with no body. It sucks :(

krissy October 29, 2009 at 8:30 pm

SO Cute! LOVE IT! LOVE U!! :) hehehe

Christina October 29, 2009 at 8:31 pm

The new ‘do looks great! If you hold out on going shorter until we get through most of winter it will be short just in time for warm weather, great timing! I finally flipped my haircuts and had shorter hair this summer (instead of the winter)for the first time in a long time.

Caitlin @ The Twenty-Fifth Year October 29, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Looks great! And while easing into a length is good if you’re not sure, sometimes taking the plunge is the best way to go for a short look. I had crazy “rocker girl” hair that was long and blond with some funky dark chunks underneath through college that everyone LOVED. When I moved to Philly for my first job post-graduation, I researched, found a hip little salon and said, “Cut it – Victoria Beckham-style.” That was two years ago and its never touched my shoulders since and I have done different cuts, lengths and styles! It’s great for a modern, edgy look. The only struggle is pulling it back (but it can be done!)

Happy Hair Dancing to you!!!

nicole October 29, 2009 at 8:34 pm

so cute! I love it.

I love how one little change in your appearance can make you feel awesome again. Maybe I need a haircut too!

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries October 29, 2009 at 8:34 pm

It looks SO healthy and fresh!! My hair grows reeeeally fast; it always looks long even when I cut off 5 inches or so every few months. I can’t picture myself with anything but really long hair–though I hope to (wo)man up and do something shorter one of these days!

MelissaNibbles October 29, 2009 at 8:36 pm

Very pretty! I have no idea what my happy length is. I have super curly hair and straighten it a lot. If I don’t straighten it, I pull it back. I should get a consultation or something to figure out what would look best.

K October 29, 2009 at 8:39 pm

Looks great! I too am a big chicken when it comes to chopping my hair. I’m not sure I am ready for anything hugely drastic (I still need to be able to put it up into a bun) but I really should take the plunge and trim all the dead ends off. You have inspired me! ;)
-K

Estela @ Weekly Bite October 29, 2009 at 8:40 pm

Your hair looks great!

My hair is curly…so I can’t go too short.

My happy length is probably just below my chin.

Jesse October 29, 2009 at 8:40 pm

looks great :)

my happy length is just at my shouders. i love/prefer my hair short! i grew it out for my wedding and ended up cutting 12 inches off the week after the wedding. its been short ever since (7 months). its a little shorter than i prefer right now, so i’m going to postpone my next cut for another month or two (my hair grows super fast) … try to get it my “happy” length again!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 29, 2009 at 8:41 pm

It looks so great!! I love it. Also, your outfit is super cute, what kind of jeans are those? they fit you amazingly!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 29, 2009 at 11:15 pm

They are Lucky brand…got them in Vegas in 2007

Amanda October 30, 2009 at 2:57 pm

I love Lucky jeans! so soft!

Ellen October 29, 2009 at 8:42 pm

Looks great! I just found my “happy length” a few weeks ago. I’ve always had long hair, but was totally ready for a change. Went to a salon here in Manhattan and told them to do what they think would look best – they are the experts! Came out with a short, edgy bob (like chin-length) and blunt, heavy bangs. Super mod. Really new – no one recognized me at first and I couldn’t love it more. I’m like why didn’t I do this sooner?

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 29, 2009 at 8:43 pm

I got my hair cut about a month ago

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 29, 2009 at 11:16 pm

I love both looks on you! The 2nd one is so polished!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) October 29, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Your hair looks fabulous!! My hair dresser always chops off MORE than I ask. I’ve learned to underestimate the length I want taken off in preparation. It always needs a good amount chopped off though because I am the split end queeeen!

Mellissa October 29, 2009 at 8:50 pm

Cute hair! My hair is usually about chin length, I have very fine hair and that is the length it looks best. After year of trying for long hair I finally gave into what my hair really does.

Lizzie October 29, 2009 at 8:51 pm

I am very cheap when it comes to things like this and only try and get my hair coloured 2-3 times a year . . . which usually means I only get a haircut maybe 4 times a year – eek! At the moment I am keeping it long. A couple of years ago I cut it boy short, but kept getting asked if I was a lesbian (which is not a big deal, except I’m not), so decided to grow it out ASAP. I like the long hair, but not the drying time! :)

maria October 29, 2009 at 8:54 pm

I think my happy length is probably about where my hair is now, just past my shoulders. Any longer and it’s “hot” and I get frustrated by the length. Any shorter and I can’t do much with it… but I want to cut it off again so badly. Trying very hard not to, but it does need a trim pretty badly.

Angi October 29, 2009 at 8:57 pm

Mine is just below my shoulder blades. I cut it all off last year to a short bob and it is taking FOREVER to grow back

I prefer long hair on me.

Nikki T October 29, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Love the hair! My happy length is a short ‘do- when I had long hair I just always put it in a ponytail and it go so boring, so I’m happy with shorter hair! I’m not a hair neglector as my hair dresser is a life-time friend of mine…so with shorter hair, I get more colors more often as it doesn’t do as much damage since it gets cut off everytime!

I think you would look wonderful with a bob- DO IT!!
I’m all for cutting hair…it’s just hair, it will come back if you want it to :)

Kris October 29, 2009 at 9:09 pm

GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 29, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Your hair looks very healthy now! I prefer my hair longer, since I have a round face. I am letting it grow. :)

Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 29, 2009 at 9:15 pm

Love the hair! So cute. :)
My hair is long too and I love it. I have a fear of short hair.

Bridget October 29, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Looking gorgeous Ange! I recently got a few inches off my hair and I just love the free feeling it gives you

Eve October 29, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Looks great! I desperately need a haircut too, I try to go every 3 months, but my hair just grows so quickly and I seem to get split ends no matter what. I’ve cut back to washing & drying my hair every other day to help keep it healthy.

Marilyn October 29, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Angela, I love your new haircut! My happy length would probably be just a bit longer than your new hairdo.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty October 29, 2009 at 9:42 pm

haha.. those are the cutest pictures… You look happy and it looks fab!! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) October 29, 2009 at 9:45 pm

I love the hair cut – it looks great! I think you should totally go for the bob cut – then you will feel extra sassy!

Katy @ These Beautiful Feet October 29, 2009 at 9:50 pm

SO cute! You’re so fun. I love the new length. I got my hair “cleaned up” a few months ago due to my scraggly ends and it felt awesome. Now I try and keep up with it every eight weeks. Speaking of which tomorrow happens to mark 8 weeks since my last hair cut..woops! :) Need to set that appointment!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope October 29, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Your hair look BEAUTIFUL Angela! I love this length on you! I love playing around with different lengths… I think I will always have a thing for “longer” hair, but I tend to look a little better with shoulder length. Basically, I just go with whatever makes me happy at the time. ;)

xxoo
Heather

Rachel October 29, 2009 at 10:04 pm

I chopped mine to an angled bob and LOVE it – I say cut it shorter! Hair always grows back if you don’t like it!!!

Bec October 29, 2009 at 10:12 pm

cute cut, its looks really good!

Susan October 29, 2009 at 10:16 pm

I’m awful about neglecting my hair too!! I always convince the hairdresser to go shorter, because it means I can go longer until my next haircut :P You would look super cute with a bob, from the pictures, it looks like you’d have good hair for it too :)

Cynthia (It All Changes) October 29, 2009 at 10:27 pm

My happy length used to be SHORT! I always chopped it short grew it out. Now I like being able to pull it back but am in need of a cut. I’ll have to see what the stylist comes up with when I finally do get it cut.

Allison (Balance in Bites) October 29, 2009 at 11:09 pm

SO CUTE! I love it =)

I chopped off all my hair a couple months ago into a cute pixie cut, and I really love it. I go back and forth between cutting it REALLY short, growing it out to my shoulders, and then cutting it short again. =P

shelly October 29, 2009 at 11:17 pm

So cute! My happy length is chin length. It’s been that way for about 3 years, and I was kind of getting the itch to grow it longer, and then I got engaged, so now I have an excuse to grow it out- at least long enough that I can put it up on my wedding day. :)

Liz October 29, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Totally cute haircut. :)

Kristin October 29, 2009 at 11:28 pm

I do the same thing! I wait forever to get my hair cut and then they end up taking forever because I always get my hair cut short so my stylist has to redo the whole cut rather than just a trim.

Before my last cut in August I hadn’t had a cut for 10 months!!! Can you imagine! But since then I made a commitment to get my hair cut regularly. I always feel amazing after getting cut and its not healthy to let it go too long so we just gotta do it!

[email protected] October 29, 2009 at 11:31 pm

I love your haircut! And I think 2 inches shorter would look really great too.

I like my hair just about chin length AFTER my hairstylist styles it. My hair is very wavy, so it requires lots of blow drying (and ideally some product which I’m trying to avoid). So when I do it myself, I don’t love it quite as much. A little bit longer is easier for me to maintain…

Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happinesslaura October 30, 2009 at 12:03 am

I love your cut, so cute!
Do you highligh your hair? I used to be a lot lighter but went to my natural color about a year ago. Your shade of blonde is so pretty, makes me want to highlight again!
As of now, my ‘happy length’ is super long, and I am loving it. Super feminine and goes great with every outfit.

Jaya October 30, 2009 at 12:13 am

Angela – love the fresh locks!
I have to say that I might be one of the few who can (thank my lucky stars) rock the sassy super short and the lush long locks, alike. I love my hair either super long or short. I tend to grow it long, donate, keep it short and repeat!

Jacqueline October 30, 2009 at 12:27 am

I love the new ‘do!
My hair is so long right now. (Think a few inches above my bum)
I can’t bear to part with it! It’s my happy length for sure. :)

*Andrea* October 30, 2009 at 12:32 am

your haircut is GORGEOUS! perfect length on you i think! i love the blonde highlights (natural? dye? either way amazing!) cute pink top – definitely your color

Marissa October 30, 2009 at 2:04 am

Looks AWESOME!

Emily Eats October 30, 2009 at 3:40 am

Your hair’s looking good! It’s high time I went to the hair dressers too. I keep moving the reminder in my gcal to make an appointment :/ You may just have inspired me to make an appointment for Tuesday night ~ I’ll let you know how I go ;)

Leah @ Simply fabulous October 30, 2009 at 7:04 am

LOVE IT. Did they use a straightener on it? It looks so finished! I’ve been wanting to get a GHD straightener for a WHILE but they are so pricey don’t you think??

My happy length is kind of where it is now, but i’m thinking of growing out the layers in the back and just having them around my face.

Kate October 30, 2009 at 8:11 am

Your hair looks awesome! So pretty!! I’d have to say my happy length is a cute bob. I change my hair all the time – blonde, brown, short, long… but my favorite is when it sits a few inches above my shoulders and takes me 5 minutes to dry in the mornings! :)

You would look super cute with a shorter bob!! I hope you do it! :)

Paige @ Running Around Normal October 30, 2009 at 8:15 am

I love it! My happy length is just a wee bit past my shoulders. But even then, I’m itching to cut it. I never seem to be happy! I’m kind of wanting to chop it off right now, but I want to wait until something monumental happens in my life. I’m weird like that :)

Laura October 30, 2009 at 8:38 am

Looks great! :) Your hair looks so healthy – inspires me to go for a cut soon (I’m def due!)

Have you considered donating your hair to an organization like Locks for Love? I did it in high school – chopped off 10 inches and went from super long hair to a cut just under my chin/above my shoulders. I felt sassy too then! haha

AGS October 30, 2009 at 8:50 am

You look terrific!

My hair is perhaps an inch or so shorter than yours, and this works well for me.

Whit October 30, 2009 at 9:14 am

ANGE! Do a bob! Just do it! I attempted ‘easing’ into shorter hair, and I never loved it until I did the bob. I now LOVE my hair. If you want it, GO FOR IT! I cannot recommend a shoulder length bob enough. So easy and fun. Speaking of…I need to schedule a trim.

ta ta!

Whit October 30, 2009 at 9:14 am

PS: I do love your hair cut though. Just realized I didn’t say that! ;)

Edan October 30, 2009 at 9:27 am

I love the look of bobs but hate them for running. I really need my hair to be short enough to be off my neck or long enough to put in a ponytail.
I am rocking a pixie cut right now – but I miss my long hair sometimes! I just hate the no-ponytail-flopping-everywhere-bob-stage. :P

Rachel October 30, 2009 at 9:37 am

You are so silly! I love it! :) I laughed out loud when you said your hair was like a bad Halloween wig! haha I think a bob would look adorable on you!

Tay October 30, 2009 at 10:26 am

You are sooooo cute!! :-) I usually get my hair pretty short – last summer was the shortest, a cute little layered cut just below my ears. And then I grow it out long. Then cut and repeat the cycle. I love it at both lengths, but the problem is my hair doesn’t work curly when it’s so short!

Jenn October 30, 2009 at 11:54 am

Oh, it looks so nice and healthy and shiny. I love it. Back in September I got my hair (which was the same length as yours) cut to an inverted bob at my chin. At first people were shocked that I had cut it short (apparently they were expecting me to warn them about the impending change) but after the initial shock I’ve had nothing but compliments. I had wanted to go this short for a long time…I’m so happy I did.

Small Town Runner October 30, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Pretty! I would like to have my hair long, but it’s very thick and looks weighted down if I let it get too long. Right now it’s just longer than shoulder-length, and it’s already starting to sag. (Can hair sag?)

Haleigh October 30, 2009 at 1:41 pm

I think your hairdresser was right when she told you to ease into it :) I had long, beautiful hair for my wedding and afterward, I was so tired of it so I chopped it off… very short, and I cried.. and it has taken a year for it to finally be back to where I feel comfortable with it.

Carolyn October 30, 2009 at 1:52 pm

I REALLY want to go get my hair cut now. P.S. I’m giving away two breast cancer awareness prize packs on my blog: http://lovinlosing.com/

Sarah October 30, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Your hair looks great! Best length for me is top of bra strap with long layers. Easy to put in a ponytail and not “corporate.” Plus, I can sneak in 8-10 weeks between cuts that way. Short hair for me was just too much effort!

Valerie October 30, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Love the new haircut!

I prefer my hair to be long. It’s fairly fine/thin, but also wavy so it doesn’t end up looking too flat when it’s at a longer length. Right now my hair is about halfway down my back, the longest I’ve had it in years. I’ll admit I’m a big slacker on getting regular haircuts (I don’t even want to think about how long ago my last one was… it could be cringe worthy) but my hair stays really healthy and is nearly split end free. Gotta love that :)