What Is Your Happy Length?

I definitely did a happy dance for no split ends!!!!

IMG 7194 thumb   What Is Your Happy Length?

Weeeeeee.

IMG 7207 thumb   What Is Your Happy Length?

Let’s not forget the horror show it was just hours ago…and yes that is a pony-tail dent! haha. It looks like a bad halloween wig! hehe.

IMG 7183 thumb1   What Is Your Happy Length?

The goal was to even out the straggly ends!

Voila!

IMG 7203 thumb   What Is Your Happy Length?

I actually wanted to go about 2 inches shorter (just below my shoulders), but my hair dresser thought it was a good idea to ‘ease’ into the length. She is probably right. I ended up getting 5-6 inches off though! My hair was LONG.

Either way I LOVE it ‘shorter’!!! It feels so fresh. I feel so sassy! :D I now think I REALLY want to get a cute bob that just hits my shoulders. I think I would love that.

IMG 7193 thumb   What Is Your Happy Length?

This is definitely my ‘happy’ length…for now anyways. I haven’t felt this good in ages! I say this every time, but I really need to stop putting off my hair cuts!!!!! I am horrible for neglecting my hair.

What is your happy length?

Angela Signature thumb57   What Is Your Happy Length?

Back soon! Going to eat!

Julie @savvyeats October 29, 2009

Love the hair!

I think my ‘happy length’ is about shoulder-length. I like it chin-length when I initially get it cut, but I get sick of how short it is quickly. Trying to grow it out now to give me more flexibility for the wedding… it feels like it is growing sooooo slowly!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 29, 2009

my hair dresser said if you get regular trims it grows FASTER…I guess because your hair doesn’t split up the shaft

Meghan@traveleatlove October 29, 2009

My happy length is a couple of inches above shoulder length. And I went super dark last night, so I am feeling shiny and sassy myself! :)

Taylor October 29, 2009

My “happy length” for the past few years has been midway down my back (think bra strap line) but I am really itching to cut it above my shoulders. I told myself I would cut off my hair when my skin cleared up – which is totally lame. ;-)

Kayzilla October 29, 2009

Awww. You look really cute! The hair cut looks nice. I bet you’d look really cute with a bob too, but I reckon it’d make the winter a little bit more uncomfortable once it gets uber cold outside.

I usually get mad at my hair or feel the urge to “reinvent” myself and end up cutting my hair to juuust below my chin with messy layers. Looks fabulous, but I honestly haven’t seen my hair go longer then that since I was 5, so I’m growing it out. It’s only at shoulder length now, but I’m already diggin’ it. It makes me feel oh so feminine, but I’m excited to see what it’s like when it’s longer. :D

Jil October 29, 2009

Aww, the hair looks great!! I love how wonderful a new haircut can make you feel. Even a trim can just make you feel lighter! I always put off hair appointments, too. It can just get so expensive though…

Jess October 29, 2009

Love it!

I’m horrible at getting haircuts too. I end up just pulling it up all the time – I have crazy curls too that are always out of control! I need to splurge soon and get it cut – it’s driving me nuts!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 29, 2009

You just inspired me to cut my hair. it’s been 3 months since I’ve had a trim! bad, bad, bad!

Tasha - The Clean Eating Mama October 29, 2009

Because of my extra thin hair, I cannot have it long at all. Just a tad past my shoulders is as long as I can grow it. It becomes very stringy and flat with no body. It sucks :(

krissy October 29, 2009

SO Cute! LOVE IT! LOVE U!! :) hehehe

Christina October 29, 2009

The new ‘do looks great! If you hold out on going shorter until we get through most of winter it will be short just in time for warm weather, great timing! I finally flipped my haircuts and had shorter hair this summer (instead of the winter)for the first time in a long time.

Caitlin @ The Twenty-Fifth Year October 29, 2009

Looks great! And while easing into a length is good if you’re not sure, sometimes taking the plunge is the best way to go for a short look. I had crazy “rocker girl” hair that was long and blond with some funky dark chunks underneath through college that everyone LOVED. When I moved to Philly for my first job post-graduation, I researched, found a hip little salon and said, “Cut it – Victoria Beckham-style.” That was two years ago and its never touched my shoulders since and I have done different cuts, lengths and styles! It’s great for a modern, edgy look. The only struggle is pulling it back (but it can be done!)

Happy Hair Dancing to you!!!

nicole October 29, 2009

so cute! I love it.

I love how one little change in your appearance can make you feel awesome again. Maybe I need a haircut too!

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries October 29, 2009

It looks SO healthy and fresh!! My hair grows reeeeally fast; it always looks long even when I cut off 5 inches or so every few months. I can’t picture myself with anything but really long hair–though I hope to (wo)man up and do something shorter one of these days!

MelissaNibbles October 29, 2009

Very pretty! I have no idea what my happy length is. I have super curly hair and straighten it a lot. If I don’t straighten it, I pull it back. I should get a consultation or something to figure out what would look best.

K October 29, 2009

Looks great! I too am a big chicken when it comes to chopping my hair. I’m not sure I am ready for anything hugely drastic (I still need to be able to put it up into a bun) but I really should take the plunge and trim all the dead ends off. You have inspired me! ;)
-K

Estela @ Weekly Bite October 29, 2009

Your hair looks great!

My hair is curly…so I can’t go too short.

My happy length is probably just below my chin.

Jesse October 29, 2009

looks great :)

my happy length is just at my shouders. i love/prefer my hair short! i grew it out for my wedding and ended up cutting 12 inches off the week after the wedding. its been short ever since (7 months). its a little shorter than i prefer right now, so i’m going to postpone my next cut for another month or two (my hair grows super fast) … try to get it my “happy” length again!

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 29, 2009

It looks so great!! I love it. Also, your outfit is super cute, what kind of jeans are those? they fit you amazingly!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 29, 2009

They are Lucky brand…got them in Vegas in 2007

Amanda October 30, 2009

I love Lucky jeans! so soft!

Ellen October 29, 2009

Looks great! I just found my “happy length” a few weeks ago. I’ve always had long hair, but was totally ready for a change. Went to a salon here in Manhattan and told them to do what they think would look best – they are the experts! Came out with a short, edgy bob (like chin-length) and blunt, heavy bangs. Super mod. Really new – no one recognized me at first and I couldn’t love it more. I’m like why didn’t I do this sooner?

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope October 29, 2009
Angela (Oh She Glows) October 29, 2009

I love both looks on you! The 2nd one is so polished!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) October 29, 2009

Your hair looks fabulous!! My hair dresser always chops off MORE than I ask. I’ve learned to underestimate the length I want taken off in preparation. It always needs a good amount chopped off though because I am the split end queeeen!

Mellissa October 29, 2009

Cute hair! My hair is usually about chin length, I have very fine hair and that is the length it looks best. After year of trying for long hair I finally gave into what my hair really does.

Lizzie October 29, 2009

I am very cheap when it comes to things like this and only try and get my hair coloured 2-3 times a year . . . which usually means I only get a haircut maybe 4 times a year – eek! At the moment I am keeping it long. A couple of years ago I cut it boy short, but kept getting asked if I was a lesbian (which is not a big deal, except I’m not), so decided to grow it out ASAP. I like the long hair, but not the drying time! :)

maria October 29, 2009

I think my happy length is probably about where my hair is now, just past my shoulders. Any longer and it’s “hot” and I get frustrated by the length. Any shorter and I can’t do much with it… but I want to cut it off again so badly. Trying very hard not to, but it does need a trim pretty badly.

Angi October 29, 2009

Mine is just below my shoulder blades. I cut it all off last year to a short bob and it is taking FOREVER to grow back

I prefer long hair on me.

Nikki T October 29, 2009

Love the hair! My happy length is a short ‘do- when I had long hair I just always put it in a ponytail and it go so boring, so I’m happy with shorter hair! I’m not a hair neglector as my hair dresser is a life-time friend of mine…so with shorter hair, I get more colors more often as it doesn’t do as much damage since it gets cut off everytime!

I think you would look wonderful with a bob- DO IT!!
I’m all for cutting hair…it’s just hair, it will come back if you want it to :)

Kris October 29, 2009

GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 29, 2009

Your hair looks very healthy now! I prefer my hair longer, since I have a round face. I am letting it grow. :)

Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 29, 2009

Love the hair! So cute. :)
My hair is long too and I love it. I have a fear of short hair.

Bridget October 29, 2009

Looking gorgeous Ange! I recently got a few inches off my hair and I just love the free feeling it gives you

Eve October 29, 2009

Looks great! I desperately need a haircut too, I try to go every 3 months, but my hair just grows so quickly and I seem to get split ends no matter what. I’ve cut back to washing & drying my hair every other day to help keep it healthy.

Marilyn October 29, 2009

Angela, I love your new haircut! My happy length would probably be just a bit longer than your new hairdo.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty October 29, 2009

haha.. those are the cutest pictures… You look happy and it looks fab!! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) October 29, 2009

I love the hair cut – it looks great! I think you should totally go for the bob cut – then you will feel extra sassy!

Katy @ These Beautiful Feet October 29, 2009

SO cute! You’re so fun. I love the new length. I got my hair “cleaned up” a few months ago due to my scraggly ends and it felt awesome. Now I try and keep up with it every eight weeks. Speaking of which tomorrow happens to mark 8 weeks since my last hair cut..woops! :) Need to set that appointment!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope October 29, 2009

Your hair look BEAUTIFUL Angela! I love this length on you! I love playing around with different lengths… I think I will always have a thing for “longer” hair, but I tend to look a little better with shoulder length. Basically, I just go with whatever makes me happy at the time. ;)

xxoo
Heather

Rachel October 29, 2009

I chopped mine to an angled bob and LOVE it – I say cut it shorter! Hair always grows back if you don’t like it!!!

Bec October 29, 2009

cute cut, its looks really good!

Susan October 29, 2009

I’m awful about neglecting my hair too!! I always convince the hairdresser to go shorter, because it means I can go longer until my next haircut :P You would look super cute with a bob, from the pictures, it looks like you’d have good hair for it too :)

Cynthia (It All Changes) October 29, 2009

My happy length used to be SHORT! I always chopped it short grew it out. Now I like being able to pull it back but am in need of a cut. I’ll have to see what the stylist comes up with when I finally do get it cut.

Page 1 of 212»