Halloween Variety Pack #2 + Raffle Winners

Be warned- this post is random!!!

Back by popular demand…I created another Halloween Variety pack this week!

Quantities are even more limited for this variety pack (only 10 available) so get them while you can!

In honour of Oh She Glows 1st year blogiversary coming up on Halloween, these variety packs are still 20% off.

Healthy Halloween Favourites Variety Packs– 20% Off

IMG_5669

Yum yum!

Click here to be taken to the online store!

~~~~

Been baking all day today!

Kitchen window at 6am…

IMG_7173

7am…

IMG_7180

9am…

IMG_7182

I love baking when the sun rises! Puts me in a good mood. The leaves are so beautiful out there right now. Sadly, most of the leaves have fallen off the trees though! You know what that means….*shudders*

Raking!

and then…

Snow!

GAH!

IMG_5654

Lunch today was a black bean wrap

IMG_4872

Stir fry and Pasta sauce

IMG_4902

And a Run Glo Bar.

Ready to roll!

~~~~

Now for the winner of the Garmin + Trader Joe Charity Raffle! Take it away Stacey!

And the Winners Are…

Before I let you know who the winners are, let me first thank every one who entered the raffle and made a donation on my behalf to St. Jude. Together, we raised $1365.00 for the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital!!! Of, course, this raffle would not have been possible without Angela and Oh She Glows. I don’t know that I can offer the right words to say exactly how much I appreciate everyone who helped make this raffle a successJ But, I will be thinking of all of you as I finish up my last month of training and run the St. Jude Marathon in December.

And, now for the winners…

The winner of the Trader Joe’s Gift Bag is: Amanda Sepe

And, the winner of the Garmin Forerunner 305 is: Anne Heissenbuttel

Congratulations Ladies!!!

Please send your mailing addresses to me at runwithhappiness@att.net and I will get your prizes shipped out ASAP!

Again, from the bottom of my heart, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who participated. I wish that I could give a prize to all of you!

WOW can you believe everyone raised $1365!?!?! That is incredible! Congrats to the winners and thank you to EVERYONE who was so generous to donate!!! May you all be lucky enough to get your own Garmin someday. ;) I know I want one…

~~~~

IMG_7183

I’m off to get my hair did! ;)

<— Let me just say it can’t get any worse than this!!!!!

Ewwww!!!

Pet Peeves: Hair dents and split ends.

Anyways, I am going to chop off at least 6 inches of this grossness.

I can’t wait. :)

My hair will be glowing once again! Stay tuned for the after pics. :)

~~~~

Awesome discussion going on in the Bare Minerals post! Learning so much. :)

We still don’t have our costumes decided yet! Still debating between Green Monster + Coke, Jim and Pam, or something else. Krissy and Alex are coming over Saturday night, so we were thinking of doing a trio thing and dressing up as something the three of us. Any ideas??? Bonus if they are Disney characters (don’t ask!).

Chop, chop, chop!

Angela_Signature

1 Chloe (Naturally Frugal) October 29, 2009

Three blind mice! Or Alvin, Simon, Theodore.

Can’t wait to see the results of your cut, I’m sure it will look fabulous! Great job on the Glo Bars, it amazes me every day how much work you do & the fact that it’s all self motivated. You’re amazing!

2 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) October 29, 2009

Can’t wait to see the new hair! :)

3 Laura October 29, 2009

wish I could order some glo bars but the shipping to the US is a bit out of my price range :(

Love the view you have baking each morning – how wonderful!

For costume ideas.. you all could be characters from Wizard of Oz – Dorothy, Lion, Witch, Tin man, Scarecrow, etc. You could get really creative with accessories too. Sketchy could be involved and dress up as Toto – you could carry in your basket! ;-)

4 Jess October 29, 2009

How much does shipping to the US cost? I can’t figure out the price until I enter all my info and I want to know if I can afford shipping before I enter all my info…

5 Laura October 29, 2009

I found a button that says “estimate shipping” and for Maryland, 10 bars would be…
Canada Post (1 box(es)) (Priority Worldwide USA, http://www.canadapost.ca) $58.36USD
Canada Post (1 box(es)) (Xpresspost USA, 2009-11-05) $22.57USD
Canada Post (1 box(es)) (Expedited US Business, 2009-11-09) $14.55USD

6 Beth October 29, 2009

Angela,

The recent post about your mother’s cruise, and knowing your honeymoon was a Mediterranean cruise, has gotten me thinking. You are so dedicated to your vegan lifestyle, and you have very publicly disclosed that your choice is almost entirely because of the treatment of animals in CAFOs.

I am curious to hear your opinion on cruises, as they are extremely detrimental to the surrounding environment (specifically, habitat destruction for many “niche” species). I whole-heartedly appreciate your many commitments to the environment, but would just like to hear your thoughts on sustainability “outside the home”. I can elaborate more on why cruises specifically are noteworthy, if necessary. Thanks!

7 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 29, 2009

Beth, I would LOVE to read your research on this! Link away!! :)

8 Laura October 29, 2009

Oh no :( I love cruises haha

9 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 29, 2009

After my wedding in November, I cut off 14 inches!! Go for it, girl!!

10 Jennie {in Wonderland} October 29, 2009

You would make a wonderful Sleeping Beauty! Maybe Eric should go as Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid. He could be CHEATING on Ariel with YOU! Gasp. I love that idea, lol.

Good luck with the hair. I always get those dents too.

11 Nikki T October 29, 2009

Oooo…Sleeping Beauty is a great idea for Ange!

12 Nikki T October 29, 2009

Thank you for getting up at 6am to bake those wonderful bars!! I can’t wait to receive my order!

Looking forward to checking out the hair!

13 Estela @ Weekly Bite October 29, 2009

Thanks for letting us know about the discount!

14 Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty October 29, 2009

Oooh haircuts.. fun fun!! :) I never have the guts to chop mine off!!!

As for costumes.. how about Beth and Dog from the bounty hunter.. AHAHA.. that would be so funny!!! :) I’ve always wanted to do that…

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 29, 2009

omg that would rock

16 Katie October 29, 2009

The three fairies from Sleeping Beauty, Miss Piggy and Kermit, Robin Hood Maid Marian and Friar Tuck? Bambi, Thumper and Flower from Bambi. There are some ideas for you? I LOOOVE Disney and if I was going out totally would be Cinderella! You could be the mice from that movie too.

17 Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness October 29, 2009

I saw something today that’s hilarious for a costume trio –

The Single Ladies a la Beyonce’s music video!

The 3 of you dress in black leotards, or all black outfits, and start doing the dance when you walk in (you know, “…so get your hands UP!”
It’d be really funny with some large, plastic diamond rings too.

18 Alex October 29, 2009

I absolutely love being up as the sun rises. There is something so peaceful and relaxing about the early morning twilight.

I highly recommend do a little yoga session in front of a window as the sun comes up…

Can’t wait to see the new ‘do!!!

Ps. My two friends and I are being roller girls from “Whip It”…haha, but one of my friends is a guy, so it’ll be interesting…

19 mohina October 29, 2009

what about going as The Golden Girls? i know there were four but sketchie could recruited!

20 Sam October 29, 2009

my friends were three blind mice at a party last week. they all had mouse ears, big sunglasses, and a cane. it was definately the cutest costume idea there!

21 Carolyn October 29, 2009

That wrap looks yummy! I am with you on the hair. I haven’t had mine done since February! Haven’t been able to justify the cost. P.S. I’m giving away two breast cancer awareness prize packs on my blog: http://lovinlosing.com/.

22 Emily October 29, 2009

you guys should go as three blind mice! just get ears, paint on whiskers, wear gray and stumble around – probably will happen anyway ;)

23 Jil October 29, 2009

Can’t wait to see the new hair!! Gorgeous pictures of the bars, by the way!

24 Susan October 29, 2009

Oooh! Can’t wait to see the hair! I just got a good 6 inches off mine and I feel like a new woman! :D

25 Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) October 29, 2009

Can’t wait to see the new haircut!!! I am going as Amy Whinehouse LOL!

26 laura October 29, 2009

I’m a total youtube nerd, but if you end up going with disney princesses there are some GREAT hair/makeup tutorials on youtube – kandee johnson’s snow white ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvaC9AdRlxI ) made me want to make halloween plans and put together a costume JUST to follow her instructions!

27 Organic Ashley October 29, 2009

I wish you would make some bars with only brown rice syrup and no cane sugar. I dont eat sugar but I can tolerate brown rice syrup. My system goes crazy when I eat sugar.

28 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 29, 2009

Hey sweetie!
If you request no sugar in your order I can make it without :)

29 Niki Frew October 30, 2009

My kids and their cousin are doing a Toy Story theme. And some good options here. Buzz, Woody, Jessie is what we are doing, but you could add others. Bo Peep, etc.

30 Emily Eats October 30, 2009

I love those window photos! I love the morning too – the most peaceful time of the day. I get up way early most days to have my cup of tea by the window.
Congratulations on the raffle success, too.