What Will You Be For Halloween?

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on October 25, 2009

Last night Eric and I did a little decorating for Halloween! We are having a get together on the 31st so I thought we better get this place looking a little more festive.

I’m excited…not only is it Halloween, but it is also the anniversary for Oh She Glows! This is going to be one exciting week.

The Scull man…aka Mervin ;) and pumpkin #1 yet to be carved. Expect to see Mervin a lot this week.

IMG_5504

Mini pumpkins and leaves

IMG_5515

More pumpkins and a candle with leaves. I resurrected the tablecloths which my mother in law made for my wedding shower last year.

IMG_5506

Ikea flowers in a black vase we received as a wedding gift from Eric’s brother Steve

IMG_5509

Scull man roses….oh yes!

IMG_5510

More pumpkins and foliage

IMG_5513

That is phase 1 of the decorating. Phase two will involve some Dollarstore and our strobe light. We’re going to use the strobe light outside and then move it inside for the dance floor.

Last night we tested it out.

IMG_7137 IMG_7138 IMG_7141

I got a headache. lol.

IMG_7143

Strobe lights = awesome.

We also still need to figure out what we are doing for costumes! Here are our ideas:

1) Green Monster and Coke

2) Jim and Pam

LOL!!!! As you can see we don’t have too many, but I think we could pull either one off! Ideas??

Do you decorate for Halloween? What do you do?

Are you dressing up as anything this year?

I’d love to turn our house into a crazy haunted house this year. If you have any cool ideas for me let me know!

~~~~

I’m off to bake up my orders and get ready for the week. I also am going to exercise for the first time since my half 1 week ago! My body is nice and rested. :)

Stay tuned for one of the best fall soup recipes I have ever made!

Angela_Signature

zestycook October 25, 2009 at 10:23 am

I vote for Jim and Pam :)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 25, 2009 at 10:23 am

I love all of your autumnal decor! One year my husband and I went as David and Victoria Beckham, but he is blond and I am brunette…haha not sure if that would work!

Jil October 25, 2009 at 10:30 am

You guys would adorable as Jim and Pam! and love all of your decorations…your table looks beautiful! Love the strobe like pics, too…looks like so much fun.

Diana October 25, 2009 at 10:33 am

I love all the autumn/halloween decor! Awesome eheh :)

Madeline @ Greens and Jeans October 25, 2009 at 10:38 am

My college roommate and I always went as famous couples for Halloween and they were always a home run! So I vote Jim and Pam!

Jocelyn October 25, 2009 at 10:39 am

I also vote for Jim and Pam!

Michelle October 25, 2009 at 10:39 am

I love the green monser and coke idea – it would take a lot of creativity though! Haha I don’t have much of that.
Last year for Halloween I dressed up as a crazy sports fan with the words “Go Ceilings” on my hat and jersey…I spontaneously shouted support for my fav team – the Ceilings.
I was a ceiling fan ;)

Leah @ Simply Fabulous October 25, 2009 at 10:40 am

Forgive me for my ignorance… who the H is Jim and Pam?

Leah @ Simply Fabulous October 25, 2009 at 10:41 am

Oh…the Office… should have known! Get with the times Leah! Thanks google!

lyss October 25, 2009 at 10:42 am

oh come on, coke and GM! that’s the funniest thing i’ve ever heard!

*Andrea* October 25, 2009 at 10:48 am

jim and pam!!!!!!!! i love your decorations. holidays always bring out great times :)

Mara @ What's for Dinner? October 25, 2009 at 10:48 am

You’ve GOTTA be a green monster :)

Kate October 25, 2009 at 10:49 am

I vote for Green Monster and Coke! How creative and you could make it as crazy as you want! I doubt anyone has ever done that before! My boyfriend and I are obsessed with soccer – he is going as a Chelsea player and I’m going as the referee. :)

Rachel October 25, 2009 at 12:38 pm

Man U all the way. ;)

Kate October 25, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Hehe we just saw they lost against Liverpool. Great game and Man U had some really good plays! :)

Leah @ Simply Fabulous October 25, 2009 at 5:46 pm

VILLA!! For real :) C’mon guys!

Yasmin October 25, 2009 at 10:57 am

OMG, green monster and coke ALL THE WAY!

love those skull man roses ;)

Penny October 25, 2009 at 10:58 am

Love the green monster idea! My bf and I are going as Uhura and Capn Kirk from Star Trek…Geeky fabulousness!

MaryAnn October 25, 2009 at 11:02 am

Great decorations and ideas for costumes! My friend and her boyfriend had great ones last year — she was a Hippie, and he was a Mime… Together — Peace & Quiet!

Jamie October 25, 2009 at 11:06 am

Hi!

As much as i LOVE jim and pam, i vote for green monster and coke. i think they will be much more fun as costumes! you could wear a pam beesly-like outfit any time.

Susan October 25, 2009 at 11:12 am

Usually I go home and help my mom hand out candy (I don’t get any trick or treaters where I live). I love to go all out and see all the kid’s costumes! But I have to work this year, so it’s a no-go :(

lizzy October 25, 2009 at 11:13 am

i say DEFINITELy do jim and pam!! ahh i love them haha

OSGMOM October 25, 2009 at 11:14 am

My vote is for Snow Warrior and Ghostly Green Monster. Sketchie as Sketchie of course!

Ella October 25, 2009 at 11:40 am

oh MY gosh.. Jim & Pam.
I like the idea of decorating for Halloween, but have no trick or treaters, and usually go elsewhere for the actual day, although I do decorate for “fall”. (i may even carve a pumpkin, or two).
I’ve decided to be the Mad Hatter this year. Inspired by Tim Burtons Alice In Wonderland….. I cannot wait….for that movie.

Jolene October 25, 2009 at 11:41 am

I am having the hardest time coming up with an idea … I am going out shopping for inspiration today!

Kelly October 25, 2009 at 11:45 am

Jim and Pam, hilarious!
I’m going as a 80s aerobics instructor. I have the pink sweatshirt and pink converse but now I need to find a leotard, tights, and leg warmers!

The Voracious Vegan October 25, 2009 at 12:17 pm

I love to decorate for Halloween but none of our stuff is here so….we can’t! But I’m shipping all my stuff here so hopefully I can start decorating for Christmas ASAP. I am OBSESSED with Christmas. (Christmas/holiday stuff is illegal here so we gotta do it on the sly!)

For Halloween I think I’m going to be the Greek Goddess Athena! Worship me world!

steph October 25, 2009 at 12:33 pm

JIM AND PAM!!! JAM!!

Cynthia (It All Changes) October 25, 2009 at 12:41 pm

I love the Green Monster and Coke idea.

I don’t decorate for halloween or usually dress up. I’m usually way to busy or out of town for business. But I like dressing up.

skinnyrunner October 25, 2009 at 1:11 pm

were going to be in north dakota for halloween… party central. or not.
love the skulls!

Pam October 25, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Michelle-pure2raw October 25, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Love the decorations!! I vote for Jim and Pam!!

Barbara October 25, 2009 at 1:36 pm

I could totally see you guys doing the Roman/Greek theme…

Amanda October 25, 2009 at 2:07 pm

You two would make an adorable Jim and Pam!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 25, 2009 at 2:24 pm

you gotta be a green monster! How adorable would that be? And perfect for you too!!!

Janna (Just Flourishing) October 25, 2009 at 2:50 pm

That’s a tough one… I heart Jim and Pam.. but I think a GM and Coke might be more fun!

Love the decor… I may purchase a couple of mini pumpkins or orange flowers today. We’ll see!

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) October 25, 2009 at 3:28 pm

Green Monster and Coke!!! Way more fun than being Jim and Pam.

Alanna October 25, 2009 at 3:53 pm

Jim and Pam!!!
That would be oh so fantastic!

Jenny @JennyLikesToRun, on a mission to run a marathon to fundraise for the Breast Cancer Foundation October 25, 2009 at 4:08 pm

I love your halloween decorations! Looks so authentic :D I’m really jealous because in New Zealand we don’t really celebrate halloween :( it’s so sad. It’s one of my favourite holidays.
For halloween, if we do anything at ALL, my boyfriend and I will go as Slash and Perla :D He looks like Slash from Guns N’ Roses and I kinda look like Perla, so hells yes!

Tay October 25, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Ooooh we’re having a Halloween party too, and a strobe light is an awesome idea!!

Micco October 25, 2009 at 6:14 pm

http://veryveganholiday.wordpress.com <<Halloween central right now!

Aneta October 25, 2009 at 6:44 pm

Jim and Pam for sure!!
great idea!

Crystal October 25, 2009 at 6:51 pm

We don’t decorate at home, nor do we hand out candy since we live in a Condo and children aren’t allowed to go around knocking on the doors.

However I do decorate my room at work and I’ll be dressing up as The Paper Bag Princess :) I’m sure the kids will enjoy it and will be able to relate since I read them The Paper Bag Princess often :)

Cara (Cara Craves...) October 25, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Barbie and Ken? They are a mean duo :) Ha!

I love your fall decor…One of my fav things to do is carve out the little mini pumpkins and put tea lights into them…so that the candles are level with the opening…looks cute.

Molly October 25, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Angela-
Ok I’m a lurker, finally coming out of the woodwork :) I’ve been following your very inspirational blog for a few months now and I’ve now started back at the beginning and working my way forward. Congrats on the 1 year anniversary! You are so talented, you have such a gift for writing, cooking, keeping fit, and being an inspiration to men and women (prolly mostly) around the world. I’m tuning in from Japan where finding things to eat is somewhat challenging (since I can’t read or speak Japanese!) Keep up the great work and be very proud of your accomplishments. You. Are. Awesome. Thanks again!!!!

Michelle October 25, 2009 at 8:29 pm

I think it would be even more hilarious if you and Eric dressed up as Dwight and Angela!

Brandi C. October 25, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Jim and Pam!…Too make your party more festive you could make punch and put dry ice in it to keep it cool. The ice will make it look like it’s smoking. (It’s like Halloween fog)
I found a link just in case you have know idea what I’m talking about.

rhodeygirl October 25, 2009 at 9:21 pm

love the decorations lady!

Morgan @ Life After Bagels October 25, 2009 at 10:17 pm

I have started making my costume but have to keep it secretive, only non obvious pics on the blog this week. I have a wedding to go to on Halloween night (yeah cool eh!). I’ve had NO time for decorations though, even my friends asked today “where’s that batman head you usually have filled with candy at this time of year” I’m sure batman can come out this week, but not likely the candy. I was not so great with food at this time last year.

Kasey (Fit For Wellness) October 25, 2009 at 11:52 pm

I vote for GM & coke!

Shannon October 26, 2009 at 6:40 am

Very nice! We did our decorating this weekend too. It’s fun to be festive. And now we have a jack-o-lantern to light up the house this week!

Paige @ Running Around Normal October 26, 2009 at 7:52 am

Nice decorating! It looks awesome!! Makes me want to decorate more for Halloween, however, we will hardly be home at all next weekend.
Love the strobe light pics!

AGS October 26, 2009 at 8:05 am

Love the decorating (and strobe light!). I invited my husband for a “spooky date night”. . . so need to come up with something for us to do either at home or out for 10/31.

In other news, I thought you might like this article.

Jodi October 26, 2009 at 9:51 am

Ange, have you seen the online “Dwight” pumpkin stencil? lol ;)

Krista October 26, 2009 at 10:17 am

I think it would be hard to recognize a couple as Jim and Pam, they are too “normal” if that makes sense.
We were Homer and Marge one year (and won a bar contest!), and this year we are 20’s mob gangsters.

Betty October 26, 2009 at 12:38 pm

The strobe light looks like a lot of fun. My vote goes for Jim and Pam.

Tina October 26, 2009 at 1:34 pm

I LOVE the skull roses!! Those are awesome. I’m not putting up decorations in my dorm unfortunately, but I think I’m dressing up as some soft of hippie. Gotta do with what I have!

Angela October 27, 2009 at 4:47 pm

Jim and Pam!! haha I love it! My fiance and I are going to be Jon and Kate

P.S. I love your decorations-Halloween is so fun. We put up orange lights on our balcony and have a few pumpkins in the apartment. I think we will decorate more when we get a house.

Have a great day!