A Truly Inspirational Weight Loss and Running Story!

Good afternoon! :)

Looks like we got the kinks worked out this morning and orders are flying in! Thanks everyone for your support!

Click here for the online shopping cart

I think there are a few batches still left. I also just added 6 more variety packs as they sold out!

~~~~~

I received this email from Christine and I asked her permission to share her inspiring story!!!

"Angela,

I’ve lost 60 pounds! since March 1st and you are have been my secret power of information and inspiration. I have asthma and at 261 lbs I never even dreamt of running anywhere but I read about your running and it sounds so wonderful. So, I walk on Sundays for about 90 mins but this Sunday I looked around and no one was watching so you know what I did?

I RAN!

I ran for 1 minute like you said and walked a minute and alternated for just 10 minutes but I felt like I had wings. I was so excited and I thought "Angela would be so proud."

I look forward to many more experiences in running. Boy! Did I get back to the car fast :D

Yup, brought a tear to my eye!!! ;) I must agree running totally gives me wings too. What a great analogy!

I could really relate to what she said about looking around and making sure no one was watching. When I first started running, I used to be really concerned about other people seeing me too. Now that I am comfortable running, I find that I rarely think about it anymore. It is a learning process like anything, right?

And then Christine shared with us her amazing Before and After pictures.

March 1st:

590260292_249d859b60_b

August 18th:

08.18.09 025

Christine, you are an inspiration to us all! Congrats on the wonderful changes you have made to your health. You certainly have a beautiful glow about you! :D

~~~~~

Have you transformed your health or someone you know? How did you/they do it?

Share the story below! I love reading about people totally changing their lives for the better. :) So inspiring.

Angela_Signature

"My life has been filled with terrible misfortune; most of which never happened."

~Montaigne

1 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 8, 2009

Wow! wonderful story! Go Christine!! :)

2 Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 8, 2009

Christine, you go girl! Keep being fabulous.

I recently got into running and the one thing that I love is that I could have never imagined running for more than a few minutes a year ago and now I can run 5 miles. It is amazing to see how little steps at a time can lead to miles in the long run.

Happy Thurs!

3 Diana October 8, 2009

What an inspiring story. :) Good for her. Go Christine!

And yep, I definitely transformed my health.

I actually wrote you an email last July. I’m the girl from Portugal, I don’t know if you remember me. I was pretty devastated when I wrote that email so it was a little depressing. I got a reply from you and you were the sweetest! :)

Anyway, I have lost about 60 pounds. It’s hard work but it’s definitely worth it. :) I’ve recently joined the gym and I’m enjoying being there. It’s a little intimidating sometimes but I’m doing my own thing and it can be fun! I’m sure I’m gonna love seeing the results. ;)

I never did thank you for that email you sent me… but thank you so much, it meant the world, really.

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2009

WOW!!! Congrats hun!
I love hearing from readers to see how they have changed their lives. Rock on girl! :) That is truly amazing.

5 Diana October 8, 2009

Thank you!

And just to clarify, I lost 60 pounds over a long period of time ahah Since I sent you that email I’ve lost about 12 pounds but it has definitely made a huge difference. :)

6 Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries October 8, 2009

What a great story! Christine, keep at it and you’ll be running your little heart in no time!

7 ::christine:: October 8, 2009

thanks guys. I’m all teary-eyed over this post. Oh She Glows means so much to me and this well…you understand, is the most to say the LEAST!
I will surely update you all March 10 for the grand unveiling – hee hee. You and Angela are all part of my support team – XOXO

8 Maggie October 8, 2009

I love when you share these stories, Angela. So inspiring!!

9 Shannon, Tropical Eats October 8, 2009

Christine and Ang you are both amazing!!! Keep up the WONDERFUL work. <3

10 Marcia October 8, 2009

Three cheers for Christine!! Woo hoo!

11 Jamie October 8, 2009

Great job Christine! I bet by March 10th you’ll have logged lots of miles!

12 Julie @savvyeats October 8, 2009

Such a great story!

13 Naomi (onefitfoodie) October 8, 2009

WOW what an inspiration you truly are, angela! that is such a great story and congrats to christine!!

have a great day angela!! :)

14 Cynthia (It All Changes) October 8, 2009

I’ve lost 100 pounds in the last 3 years. I hated feeling not good about myself and I knew I was’t healthy. I totally changed my diet and exercise. I started small with meals I could just cook quick but where healthy. I changed to WW pastas and brown rice and got rid of the tons of junk in my house. I started to walk around my neighborhood with my friend for fun instead of going out for pizza. I just realized this had to be life for me instead of the fad diets I did for years (since I was 12).

Now 3 years later I’m healthy and happy. The story is on my blog and I feel great. I can run and I love it. I do things I never thought I would ever do and I’m so much happier :-)

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2009

I love your story and think everyone should read it!

16 Valerie October 8, 2009

Way to go Christine! That’s so awesome that you gave running a try! Believe me, you’ll be hooked.

I absolutely love running now. A year ago, the thought of running never crossed my mind. Six months ago I started just jogging for a block at a time (the most I could manage). And then this past Sunday, I ran a 5K charity run to raise money for breast cancer and finished almost a minute under my goal of 30 minutes! I can’t wait to do more 5K races, then a 10K and maybe even a half marathon. It might seem like a big goal, but I think I could do it if I give it my best. After all, I didn’t think I could lose 43 pounds or run a 5K and I did both!

17 Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com October 8, 2009

So awesome. Awesome job, Christine! I can totally relate. I lost over 60 pounds a few years ago (I’ve posted the long story of my road to fitness on my blog). I know it can be a struggle, but it’s worth it to become a healthier and happier individual. Keep running/flying, Christine. :-)

18 Angela (Oh She Glows) October 8, 2009

Congrats! =) I’m going to read your story…love these so much.

19 Rachael (La Dolce Vita) October 8, 2009

I love to read stories like that. Thanks for sharing!

20 Betty October 8, 2009

Congrats! =) That story is so moving.
I also started a healthier life about 2yrs ago. I lost 40 pounds and am now doing things I never thought I could. I started running about a year ago and ran my first half marathon in January. In September I ran the Disney Half Marathon. I am loving my new life and how I feel. We never know what we are capable of unless we try.

21 Meredith (Pursuing Balance) October 8, 2009

Congrats Christine!!! You truly are inspirational :)

22 Stephanie October 8, 2009

Wow! its so inspirational around here! Good work girls!!

23 Hallie October 8, 2009

I am totally going to read these comments all later, but I just posted on my blog how this weekend I ran 4 miles for the first time, and something in my just clicked. I loved it. Not just the feeling I got at the end, but the feeling I had while running that I was doing the best I can. I’m a reallly slow runner by most accounts, but running is slowly teaching me to stop comparing myself to others and just do and be the best that I can…with running and everything else that I do :-) thanks for posting that story…isn’t it amazing how we can affect other people without even realizing it?

24 Amanda October 8, 2009

Thats so awesome!

I have also transformed my life. I was 260 pounds at 5’4 and I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for 8 years. I decided I wanted to lose weight before I had a baby. So I started Weight Watchers. I lost 15 pounds and then found out I was pregnant. I stopped smoking immediately! A few months after the baby was born I resumed my Weight Watchers account and joined a local gym. The rest is history!

I’ve now lost 100 pounds! And I am absolutely in love with running. I run 4-7 miles a day about 3 times a week. I’ve participated in two 5Ks, and I have several more coming up. I hope to do a half marathon in January.

25 Julia October 8, 2009

Fabulous story! I too love your site for healthy tips (e.g., Amazing Grass – it’s the best ;)). Thanks much!

26 Menden @ Skinny Menny October 8, 2009

Yay Christine!! Way to go!!

And yay for Glo Bakery!! Way to glow!! I’m excited for your success with the online ordering :)

27 Micco October 8, 2009

Yay, Christine! She looks healthy in the first picture, but she looks RADIANT in the second picture. Radiant and FIT!

As for me… my life has definitely undergone a health transformation. At eleven or twelve years old, I was 5′ 3″ and a size twelve. I never thought about what I ate. Never thought about my health. Had no idea what a “balanced diet” was, didn’t even care. I had struggled for as long as I could remember with getting to and staying asleep, and I had pretty much no athletic abilities to speak of. My family would make comments about my weight, but it was all about aesthetics. Certainly never anything supportive, and never a thought about what I was doing to my body or what my body could do for me. I just thought of myself as stuck and fat and did not see the overlap of all these issues.

Fast forward six or seven years to when I went vegan. As you know, you can’t just grab something and eat it if you’re vegan, so I became much more conscious of what I put in my mouth. The culture of veganism is just so mindful of food: where it comes from, how it’s grown, its health benefits – so this conscientiousness eventually extended beyond what I COULD eat to the quality of my food. I started caring a lot more about my body and my health, especially since I’ve struggled with a lot of mental health issues and was committed to any lifestyle changes that improved them. And this evolved into caring about staying active and taking good care of myself… Seriously, being vegan has just put me in such a better place!

I lost a lot of weight shortly before transitioning to veganism, but since making the change five years ago, I’ve been able to stay between a zero and a four. (I’ve still got a lot of food issues, so my weight fluctuates.) I easily get eight hours of sleep most nights, and I can run for over an hour without getting tired. My family still talks about my weight (mostly to tell me how much better I look than I did as a kid/teenager – which I still find hurtful), but I’m not as stuck in defining myself and my health by my weight. And I never get sick. I have so much energy that people often have a hard time keeping up. I’m the only one of the five women in my family that doesn’t have anemia. (Take that, omni mom and sisters!) Yes, my relationship with my body isn’t perfect, but it’s so, so much better. I never thought I’d be this fit and healthy!

28 Emily (A Nutritionist Eats) October 8, 2009

Wow! What an inspiration, I LOVE hearing stories like this…it just proves again that it IS possible!

29 Laura@FindingAHealthyBalance October 8, 2009

WOW, what a great story!!! I love “inpirational” stories like that. =) I can totally relate to Angela as I too have lost 60+ pounds over the past year (100 in all since I started) and contribute it mostly to a healthy diet of course but RUNNING mainly!!!

=) Laura @ Finding A Healthy Balance (after a 100 POUND weight loss)

30 Anne P October 8, 2009

What a wonderful story! I am so proud of you Christine, keep up the running, you can do it!! :)

31 Erin October 8, 2009

I’ve lost 50 pounds! Running still eludes me – I’m doing the Couch to 5k program, and have been for about 4 months. I figure it doesn’t matter how long I run, as long as I’m moving. I’ve also switched to more vegetarian, whole food choices. People always want to know the secret to weight loss – it’s exercise more, eat right, and eat less!

32 Kris October 8, 2009

Way to go, Christine! Keep up the good work :) You look great!

Way to go Ange for helping so many people to believe in themselves!

xo

33 nicole October 8, 2009

That is so inspiring!
I’m SOOOO ecstatic that i found your blog. It is so uplifiting! You have NO IDEA how bad my struggle has been with weight loss and dieting. I’ve been an undereater and compulsive eater. Well you do understand but this blog has REALLY helped me. I just found it today and I’m planning on running tomorrow.
I used to be very athletic but things got bad. (let’s just say that) lol

I will definitely email you once I lose 10 pounds. I can’t wait!

34 Jess October 9, 2009

Way to go Christine!!! Just keep taking one step at a time!

I’ve lost 15 lbs since March and I”m SO very proud of myself. I’ve still got a little bit to go to my “happy weight”, but I”m not beating myself up about it. In fact, I’m extremely proud of myself for holding steady with the weight loss for 2 months. Here’s the post I wrote (with pics) when I hit the -15 mark.

35 Linda Hibbard October 9, 2009

Wow! You ladies should try wearing wearable weights like “Body Togs” scientifically based weighted sleeves worn on your arms & legs under your clothes while going about your day. They increase calorie burn, muscle tone & bone density. Weighted vests work great too!

36 Sarah October 9, 2009

Congrats Christine! I love reading stories like that because they remind me of my own journey and the much happier life I am leading now.

For me, it had to be a liveable, complete lifestyle overhaul of healthy eating and exercise. Plus getting back in touch with the spiritual side and bringing it all together.

Thanks for this post!

37 Best Running Gear July 27, 2010

Congratulations Christine!!!
You have climbed the Everest. And many many thanks to YOU
for sharing the story with us.