Technology Hates Me

Today is moving by at the speed of light!

Lately, I find that the days fly by for me. I have so much to get done each day that I actually get mad when I realize it is already the afternoon! I never thought I would be saying that either. This is coming from a girl who used to watch the clock all day at my desk jobs.

Lunch was absolutely wonderful today. Eric made me this Curry Stir-fry last night since I didn’t have time to cook. I got to enjoy leftovers today.

It was SO good!

IMG 4917 thumb   Technology Hates Me

Ingredients:

• 3 small zucchini
  • tomatoes
  • 4 carrots
  • 3 red/orange peppers
  • Sweet onion (1 small)
  • Black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • Italian seasoning (PC brand, no salt added)
  • Balsamic dressing (1/4 cup) + 1/4 cup water

When I have stir-frys I don’t mess around. I had about 3 cups worth and could have had more but it was all gone!

Along with a high protein pita:

IMG 4903 thumb   Technology Hates Me

Reminders of my half marathon ;)

IMG 4901 thumb   Technology Hates Me

I also had the stir-fry with about 1/2 cup of Neil Brothers Organic Pasta sauce. Just heavenly!

IMG 4921 thumb   Technology Hates Me

My dessert is either going to be a Run Glo Bar or some grapes. TBD.

~~~~

The other night I finally got organized and put up a new corkboard. I typed all of my essential business information so it is all neat and tidy. I feel much better. Can you believe that I had a bunch of random papers taped to the wall for the past while??! It was really bad.

IMG 4828 thumb   Technology Hates Me

A list of all my ingredients and their weights for easy reference when creating a new ingredient label.

IMG 4832 thumb   Technology Hates Me

It is amazing how typing information out saves so much room. I fit about 6 pages of info onto just 2.5 sheets typed!

From this:

IMG 6591 thumb   Technology Hates Me

To this:

IMG 4834 thumb   Technology Hates Me

On that note, I’m slowly going insane today!!!!!

Live writer help:

• I am having huge issues with Live Writer. It will not let me link to URLs anymore. I tried downloading the newest version but I am still getting an error message. Anyone know why?

Blog Help:

• Does my site seem slower to you guys? I host with Blue Host so I’m worried that it has to do with them…
  • I am having some problems with my comments not being emailed to me anymore. I have no idea why this is happening.
  • I also noticed that my "you might also like" thing at the bottom of each post is now just text titles instead of an image. Fixed.

Bad Customer Service…is, well, BAD:

Back at the shopping cart issues. We are slowly getting there.

No thanks to the horrible customer service I had at Canada Post this morning though! Can you believe the man got mad at ME for having problems with my CP tool?

He said in an angry voice, ‘Miss, I’m sorry but I can’t be on the phone with you for 2 hours, I have other calls.

First, how rude. Second, we were on the phone for max 30 minutes, and third, how is it my fault that he couldn’t fix my problem?! Ughhhhhh.

Bad customer service seems to be happening to me a lot lately. It really bothers me because I am always super polite and friendly on the phone and I get treated like dirt. :(

Happy thoughts for the rest of the day! lol.

Do you have any bad customer service horror stories?

Angela Signature thumb3   Technology Hates Me

If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends.
If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.

JEFF BEZOS

Megan @ Megzz Wins At Life October 2, 2009

ahhh You lunch looked amazing.. I am sorry you had to deal with that customer service.. If you are on the phone with them, you should be their number one priority. Great job on keeping organized!

kay (eating machine) October 2, 2009

it did load a little slower for me today….
sorry you’re having tech issues! i hate that because it’s stuff i don’t know how to fix, and the feeling of having no control over something that’s wrong is no fun!

katerina October 2, 2009

Have you added any new plugins recently? That may be causing problems? Try disabling them maybe?

For the speed it may just be one thing that is blocking and slowing it down. I also have used free tools on the web to see what my page loads. (Google for “site speed testing”, I don’t want to be seen as a spammer!)

Though, when I load your page it almost seems like it isn’t the site but rather your hosting provider or maybe dns? I wouldn’t freak out too much it may get faster later.

Mary October 2, 2009

I can see the pictures to you may also like! Maybe the interweb in general is slow. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2009

ahh its back up!! lol

Kristen October 2, 2009

The “you might also like” stuff looks fine on my computer…and I haven’t noticed a slowdown. What browser are you using? It is working fine on Firefox for me, but maybe I’m just lucky.

I hope the technology issues get worked out sooN!

christie, honoring health October 2, 2009

Everything seems fine on this end, I use google chrome, if that matters. But I am with you on the comments problem, I have been having the same issue.

That curry looks great!

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2009

Do you use Blue host?

mountain girl October 2, 2009

Ange,

Your site is not slow at all, and I am getting fine images on your “you might also like” place. Maybe your computer is having a rebellious day? :)

Krista October 2, 2009

I was (am) having trouble with WLW for the past few days. I think I figured out my issude though….I was maxed out over at picasa and my photos weren’t being accepted. Too bad they don’t give a bit of warning when you’re running out of space!

AGS October 2, 2009

I’ve had no problems with your site.

And I LOVE that quote you put up there.

Diana October 2, 2009

Ugh, I hate rude people. Plus, it’s his JOB, he’s paid to do that.

The website isn’t slow at all for me! And I still see the images. :)

Jessica @ How Sweet It Is October 2, 2009

My site was slow but I am using wordpress and don’t even have a self-hosted site. It drove me crazy tho!

Bonniejean October 2, 2009

Hi Angela! Boy do I know what you mean about rude people. I used to manage customer service for a public radio station and we would get really rude people calling in. Of course, excellent customer service was one of our goals, so we were always (almost always) very polite. It’s really hard to be nice when the person on the other end of the line is being an a#$! One day, I had gotten off a really nasty call and I was on the verge of tears. One of my dearest co-workers came in and said, “You know what? That guy has to wake up everyday to his grumpy old self. And you just get be you! Aren’t you lucky?” That was some of the best advice I’ve ever received. I hope it makes you feel better. :)

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2009

Great advice!

My mom and sister both worked in call centres and they had to put up with brutal treatment. It is such a hard job!!

Mellissa October 2, 2009

Check with Bluehost to see if they are still directing your comments to your email, every now and then mine seem to disappear and they just re-forward everything.

On the Livewriter issue, maybe try clearing your history and cookies and go back in. I have issues with it occasionally but it is way better than Wordpress.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2009

Thanks will try that!

Tania :) October 2, 2009

Boo that guy! How rude! :( Some people just aren’t meant to be in positions where you are working with cusotmers all day. That guy obviously is one of them.

I love your board! Much better! :) Being organized is a great feeling.

Janna from Just Flourishing October 2, 2009

I’m sorry about that rude guy at Canada Post! I hate bad customer servise and believe meI definitely have customer service horror stories!

The latest one was with UPS. I just moved cites and had to ship a bunch of boxes of things I couldn’t bring to my parents. I 4 boxes, but only 1 arrived at my parents. We waited for a week then finally called UPS to see what the deal was.

I spent TWO WEEKS dealing with them trying to find my boxes. First they tried to blame me for them being lost. ? Then every time I called they said they were still “investigating” and to call back.
Then after another week when it seemed they were definitely lost, UPS told me I couldn’t be compensated for them!

I was so mad! I read through the entire packet of terms and conditions because I couldn’t believe that they wouldn’t compensate me for 3 boxes! And I finally found that I was ABSOLUTELY supposed to be compensated!

I sent an email to them highlighting the sections that said that. Then a couple hours late, they miraculously found my boxes.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2009

Its funny how they just appear, eh?

mmclaughlin October 2, 2009

I work in Customer Service for a software company, taking calls all day, and I can tell you, I would probably get fired if I were to tell someone that I couldn’t stay on the phone w/ them for two hours because I had other calls. Now, while that is true in many cases, there are times when I have to look further into something and get back to the customer. Also, sometimes the issue is not related to the product we support, so there are times when there legitimately is nothing I can do to resolve the problem.

I’m sorry you had a bad experience though. There are definitely better ways to disengage from a call. :(

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2009

Agreed!

Maggie October 2, 2009

I think rude people in general get under my skin, but I think it annoys me more when they’re in a service oriented industry. I had a really rude waiter one time and I complained about it to my friend, she just responded by saying ‘yeah, but you’re from Newfoundland, you guys are like freakishly polite over there’, so basically a nice way of saying I should lower my expectations.

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2009

Im from NB and Ive had people say similar things like…oh you are a maritimer, you are too nice!

Autumn Tao October 2, 2009

We have all had bad run-ins with customer services reps… but at the end of the day, I never let them get to me. I say my piece, as diplomatically as I can, and remind myself they are the miserable ones, who may hate their job or lot in life or are just grumps; it’s not me, it’s them. I feel bad for them.

Kristilyn (singer-songwriter) October 2, 2009

I try to be super nice to people on the phone, too, but it’s hard when people call the office and just blurt out the name of whoever they want to speak with. No please, no thank you. Nothing!

But that’s not really customer service, is it? That’s other people. Weekends are nice because that’s when I don’t have to deal with rude callers. Weekends are when I can screen calls. LOL!

My husband once had to call United Airlines (part of Air Canada) about a flight we had had. We ended up missing our flight, they put us up in a very fancy hotel – with no dinner coupons (who wants to pay $50 each for a meal?), LOST my husband’s luggage and then in return they offered my husband $100 towards a flight. My husband was like, ‘What makes you think I’ll fly with you again??’

Or, another time, my husband called Air Canada about a flight that a friend of his brother’s was supposed to be on. He wanted to transfer the ticket (which is no problem with West Jet), and Air Canada gave him this huge hassle about how they won’t do it. He then said, ‘Is this why no one wants to fly Air Canada?’ and got hung up on!

Of course, both of these are probably my husband’s fault as well, BUT I know other companies that bend over backwards when there’s a problem. I got an email from Starbucks about a free smoothie at their locations, showed up and they knew nothing about it! So I bought one, then wrote to Starbucks to ask them about it … in return, they sent me a stack of free beverage coupons. They were even super nice in the email, too.

Oh well … I know I don’t need cranky people in my life. If someone tries to bring me down – I just move on in my little optimistic bubble. LOL!

Sorry for the novel – I just got typing and couldn’t stop!

K

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2009

haha I see this comment was therapeutic for you! Its good to let it out isnt it? ;) I know what you mean about Air Canada….they are YEARS behind West Jet!

Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries October 2, 2009

That stirfry looks amazing! I am a bottomless pit when it comes to veggie stirfry deliciousness. My dad is a stir-fry pro and we have an ENORMOUS wok–so there are usually leftovers for days :)

Marcia October 2, 2009

Ah, customer service. I flew X-country once to visit my family with my 1-year old (the only time I flew by myself with him).

United lost my luggage. I left on a Weds. By Weds afternoon, they found it. But they didn’t put it on a plane, no, they waited. Thursday, they finally put my luggage on a plane to Pittsburgh. By Friday, it still wasn’t to me (2 hrs from Pittsburgh). By Saturday, I still didn’t get it. Saturday night at 10 pm, my spouse called and said “send it back to Santa Barbara”. “But sir, we’re required to deliver it to your wife!” “And she’s leaving to come home at 4 am…so, send it back to Santa Barbara.” And I had it on Monday.

The WORST part is that ALL the customer service was in India!! I have no problem with India, but how they heck do THEY know that my luggage got lost in San Francisco! They were absolutely worthless. 15 phone calls, 5 days, no luggage.

But I at least got reimbursed for the two trips to Walmart (hate walmart) for diapers, clothing, underwear, sunscreen, toothbrushes, baby soap…

Angela (Oh She Glows) October 2, 2009

I have never had my luggage lost (*knocks on wood*) but I feel like I am destined to at some point. Every flight I have I wonder if this will be the time!

Whitney @ Lettuce Love October 2, 2009

I am serious about stir-fry too. Once I start, I just can’t stop eating it. Yours looked delicious. You are so organized– I admire that!

White Rabbit October 2, 2009

Hey Angela, I think your site has been running a bit slower lately but it still rocks … it is well worth the wait.

nicole October 2, 2009

ugh! I had a rude guy on the phone today as well! I called my bank and hit 0 for customer assittance and the guy on the other end claimed I pushed the 3 button. I was like “no I’m on my cell phone and I can tell which button I pushed” and he ARGUED with me about it! Really? Come on now! Even if I did (which I didn’t) I’m the customer! Make me feel special darn it!

WholeBodyLove October 3, 2009

I work in customer service so most of my experience is on the other end of the line. But, I don’t remember the last time that I actually had BAD customer service myself! Maybe I’m just lucky?

Evelyn October 3, 2009

I was raised to always be polite when dealing with customer service people. This was normally never a problem until I started getting taken advantage of. In the past few years I’ve learned that if they start giving me crap about something that is their fault or etc, I just get very demanding and if need be, talk to a manager. I hate having to sound mean just because somebody is too lazy to do their job.

Jolene October 3, 2009

It wasn’t slower for me.

I love the corkboard … looks very neat and organized.

Your pictures look extra beautiful in this post!

Jordan October 5, 2009

I have to book air travel with vouchers as a part of my job. Usually I have to pay taxes on it on my credit card and get reimbursed, which is fine, but imagine my surprise when a $770 ticket was charged to me! It took 7 months and a lot of tears to get my money back. So frustrating :( I feel your pain. Seems like the more polite you are, the less they care, ugh.

On a brighter note! Congrats on your half and your curry stir fry looks faaaaaaantastic. It’s amazing how much you’ve accomplished and it’s really inspiring. And you look just gorgeous through it all! :)