27 Things You May Not Know About Me

1. I used to be in the school choir and sang mezzo soprano.

2. I was on a competitive softball team for many years and was a pitcher (fastpitch).

3. I’m very shy.

4. I’m a Taurus born on May 16th.

5. Unlike my sign, I am very impatient and have a short attention span.

6. I love astrology which completely contradicts my love for evidence-based research.

7. Once I set a goal and commit, I will achieve it no matter what it takes.

8. I rarely make my bed in the morning. Only right before bedtime.

9. One of my legs is longer than the other.

10. I love my feet and secretly have always thought I could be a foot model.

11. I still like dogs better than cats, even though Sketchie has made me a huge cat lover.

12. I don’t like camping. Unless said camping involves a cabin with a working washroom.

13. I can’t keep my desk clear for longer than 2-3 days at a time.

14. As a child I won many spelling bees.

15. In high school and university, I used to skip classes a lot. In highschool, I often got called to the principal’s office with my co-conspirator (best friend Allison).

16. I used to live in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina when I was 4 years old until about 9 years old. I had the cutest Southern accent.

17. On our honeymoon, I almost had a heart attack when Eric drove the streets of Greece.

18. As a teen, I was grounded A LOT. I had a rebellious streak in me. (I’m sure OSGMOM is laughing right now!)

19. I fear gardening because of the bugs and snakes.

20. I’m 5 feet and 4.5 inches tall. Shoe Size 7.

21. I clear 5 feet 8 inches with my heels on. ;)

22. I feel guilty for loosing touch with friends.

23. I never wear lipstick, only lipgloss. Eric refuses to kiss me with it on.

24. I have a horrible memory.

25. I am sometimes always grossed out when I get a pedicure and have to put my feet in the basin.

26. My favourite class in school was creative writing.

27. I never hit the snooze button.

~~~~~

What about you?

Angela_Signature

1 Megan @ Megzz Wins At Life September 30, 2009

LOVE IT!!! I use to make my bed rigth before I slept in it too ( can’t go in an un-made bed) I am just below 5’5 but say I am 5’5 too haha.. I feel guilty about losing touch with friends too :-( but I think it happens to a lot of people! GREAT POST!

2 Runeatrepeat September 30, 2009

Uh, I just remembered I keep meaning to call one of my friends I’ve lost touch with. This post reminded me :)

3 kay (eating machine) September 30, 2009

your birthday is the day before mine! all good people are born in may (my fiance’s birthday is the week before mine) :-)
and i’m 5 4 1/2 too but i say 5’5″ because the average woman is 5’4″… and i like to pretend i’m above average!

4 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

haha…sometimes I am 5’4″ when measured but I refuse to believe it! I always say 5′ 4 AND A HALF!

5 rhodeygirl September 30, 2009

I used to win spelling bees too, but never made it outside of my school… School champ it is!

6 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

I used to be so much better at spelling before the days of spell check. Damn computers!

7 Jessica @ How Sweet It Is September 30, 2009

I am really short, too – about 5’1″ – and clear about 5’5 with my heels. Or higher. :)

8 Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries September 30, 2009

Ah I love this, Angela! My favorite class was always creative writing, too. My middle school was divided based on specializations, and my “major” was creative writing! I just found a HILARIOUS love poem I wrote about my 6th grade crush the other day. I definitely plagiarized Christina Aguilera for two lines of it… Woops haha

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

You just gave me a great idea to find some old work!!!! I would love to post some for a good laugh.

And LOL @ plagarizing Christina

10 natalie September 30, 2009

This was super cute! Unlike you, I can’t wake without the snooze. It brings me slowly out of a dead sleep!…that or having to go to the bathroom! :)

11 Paige @ Running Around Normal September 30, 2009

I didn’t know you lived in the US! What brought you to Canada?

Cute facts! :)

12 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

I was born in New Brunswick, moved to the states mentioned above when I was 4 yrs old. Then back to Canada. My dad’s work moved us around a lot.

13 Brynn September 30, 2009

I always imagined you much taller! I’m with you on the astrology thing. I am all about science and evidence for most things but I find it very intriguing.

14 Marina September 30, 2009

I never skipped class :( wish I did actually. I’m 168,5 cm :D I guess that’s 5.5

15 VeggieGirl September 30, 2009

And now I know all these things, haha :-D

I’m 5’3″; I won many spelling bees as well; I never hit “snooze” either.

16 Lizzy September 30, 2009

I love this post!

I never make my bed either, i sort of don’t understand why people do. hahaha..wouldn’t it be nice to have warm sheets though every night! We should invent something like that! hehe…have a great day!

17 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

Best idea ever- automatic bed maker!

18 Faith September 30, 2009

I love this! Sharing these personal facts really make me feel like you’re an old friend! And I’m totally with you about the bugs…yuck!

19 Amanda September 30, 2009

Fun post!! Do your 2 different length legs affect your running?

I’m a Taurus too, and totally fit the mold! Stubborn, practical, etc. etc.

I never hit snooze! I’d rather have a deep sleep til I have to get up, and I only make my bed now because I live in a studio apartment and my bed is the center of my apartment!! It makes me feel so much better :)

20 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

Yes I think my legs being different lengths is a result of some of my knee pain. I got orthotics and the doc told me that.

21 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope September 30, 2009

What a fun post Angela!

– SOOOO with you on keeping your desk clean… it feels so nice to clean it off and get it organized, but it only last a day or two for me. ;)

– Haha, yes camping is definitely not my idea of a vacation. Although I have to admit my uncle and aunt used to have this INSANE camper that was 2 floors, had a full kitchen, a lazy boy recliner, and a flat screen TV. That, I could probably live with. ;)

– I don’t even know how snooze works. I have never even tried pushing it before!

xxoo
Heather

22 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

I think I detest snooze so much because Eric pushes his literally 5 times every morning. I hear it going off from my office!!!! So annoying, lol.

23 Nicole September 30, 2009

Love this post! I may post a 27 things on my blog :D

24 Andrea September 30, 2009

I’m totally with you on the desk thing. I can’t seems to keep mine clean for more than 36 hours. Booo…:(

25 Kristin (Kristins Nibbles) September 30, 2009

I’m bad at keeping my desk clean, too! I’m 5’0.5″, but I frequently say I’m 5’1″ to make me feel a bit taller. I’m still a shorty! lol
I love this idea, I may have to steal it for my blog!

xo
K

26 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

I love learning facts about you guys!

27 *Andrea* September 30, 2009

aww i loved this post! i also never hit the snooze button – I feel bad waking my roommate a hundred times, i am also shy and about 5’5” :) but usually 5’8” or 5’9” on friday and saturday nights lol. love some cute heels!! this was a very happy post – great to make a list about things that make you YOU :D

28 Nikki T September 30, 2009

25 Random Facts about Me!
(This was something a friend sent me on Facebook and I was reminded of if when I saw your post- I thought it was a fun way to learn random things about people!)
1. I always fall asleep within minutes of hitting the pillow. I lose sleep over nothing.
2. I eat black olives right out of the can- usually the whole can!
3. I obsessively put lotion on my hands
4. I always sing in the car-but never in front of others
5. If I’m not at least 10 minutes early, I’m late
6. I buy books- I never go to the library
7. I think I’m one of the luckiest people in the world and often wonder who’s looking out for me
8. I’ve never been in somone’s wedding party (besides my own) and I hope to be one day
9. I wish I was more spontaneous
10. I don’t like to spend much time alone
11. I’m a homebody- sometimes I rush home and then wonder why…
12. I cry when I’m frustrated- and if my Dad asks “Why are you crying?” I ALWAYS cry harder
13. I NEVER eat re-heated chicken
14. I love the smell of red wine, but hate the taste
15. I hate driving, especially at night
16. I procrastinate, I leave (some) things until the last minute and I work best under pressure
17. I hardly ever make the bed in the morning
18. I hardly ever ask for help
19. I rarely lose things and if I ever do, even if it’s minor, I get fairly annoyed
20. I think scuba diving is one of the most peaceful things to do
21. I rarely laugh out loud during movies and most times I fall asleep while watching them
22. I am a list writer (I’m sure I have a list for everything imaginable!)
23. When eating out, I almost always order the same thing off the menu (boring, I know)
24. I like to do crossword puzzles, but I’m not very good at them
25. I’ve always wanted to sky dive, but the older I get, the more scared I get

29 Nikki T September 30, 2009

Wow…that is long! Sorry ;)

30 Cynthia (It All Changes) September 30, 2009

I’m the opposite with the snooze. I purposely set it about 15-30 minutes before I need to get up so I can hit the snooze. Hunni hates it!

I always add the extra .5 inch to make myself 5’6″ :-)

I’m a super neat freak but my desk does not reflect it. I have piles all over of stuff to get done. I try to clean it once a day but it just goes back. I guess that shows I work hard? ;-)

31 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

haha that is what Eric does with the alarm too.

32 Laura @ Backstage Pass to Health & Happiness September 30, 2009

YES! Spelling beers. I loved them. Why don’t they do more adult spelling bees? There was a trend in Milwaukee for bars to have spelling bees all the time, and it was funny because of course the more you have to drink, the worse at spelling you become.

I sang second soprano in school :-)

33 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

omg drinking game spelling bee…genius!!!

34 Whitney @ Lettuce Love September 30, 2009

Thanks for sharing those facts- I can’t believe you never hit the snooze button. I need to be better about that!

35 Deb September 30, 2009

1. I live in SE Alabama and have my whole life!

2. I’m always early.

3. I get up Mon-Fri and 3:12 a.m. to go to gym. There’s no one there but me. My own private gym. Love it!

4. I am 5′ 4 1/2″-would like to be taller but not gonna happen.

5. I am very independent.

5. I love all animals (except snakes) but especially dogs!

6. I am not scared of bugs at all.

7. I can’t carry a tune unless I have a bucket to put it in but love to sing along with the radio when I am alone.

8. I like spending time alone.

9. My husband is my best friend.

10. I am scared of heights(makes my knees go weak)

11. I hate the smell of bourbon!

12. I am a Saggitarius!

13. I can hardly wait for the glo bars to be available in the U.S.

36 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

Aww you are cute :)

I too am ALWAYS early!!!

37 Diana September 30, 2009

Aw, this was so interesting to read!
We’re more or less the same height. :) And I’m also shy. ;)

38 Leah @ Simply Fabulous September 30, 2009

haha oh my if we knew each other back in high school it would have been trouble!! At least we made up for it in UNI! ;)

This was fun!

39 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

lol oh yea we had our moments! Chatting it up in class too ;)

40 Heather September 30, 2009

NEVER hit the snooze button? Isn’t that against the law or something? hehehe So fun to read tidbits like that!

Had to giggle about the lip gloss too. That’s my thing too & my fiance makes me wipe it off for a kiss. Funny thing..I was kissing my Dad good-bye one day & as we are walking away I hear him say “bubble gum!?! Seriously, Heather.” LMAO I totally forgot I had it on! hehehe

Happy Hump Day ;)

41 Bree September 30, 2009

well so ok, we’re twins…except you have 2-2.5 inches on me and I’m Aquarius, but that’s pretty much it :-P I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT ABOUT MY FEET TOO!! :-P

42 CJ (Project55) September 30, 2009

I wish I could learn to stop hitting the snooze button. I hit it at least 4 times before I get up. It’s ridiculous!!

– CJ

43 Victoria September 30, 2009

I love this!!!! LMAO I knew I was not alone in wanting to be a foot model!

“10. I love my feet and secretly have always thought I could be a foot model.”

44 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

bahahaha Finally the world knows!

45 Rachel September 30, 2009

Oh man, I love these kinds of surveys! Here’s a few about me:

I majored in English and can’t spell. Seriously, I initially spelled “surveys” wrong.

I have the wrong size top for my bottom. I’m pear-shaped right down to my tiny hands and big (size 10!!) feet!

I’m on the verge of huge life changes and I feel scared out of my mind about them… in the best possible way :)

I don’t want a dog, but I complain bitterly to my husband that I don’t have one. If he ever gave in I’d be in serious trouble.

I believe in fate and often think it’s what gets me through tough times. I feel like everything happens for a reason, and if things are meant to be, they’ll be.

I’m 5’7 but feel short compared to my 6’4 hubby and brother-in-law and 6’5 brother.

So fun!

46 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

I feel short next to Eric…he is 6’2″…almost has a full foot on my height!

47 Laura@FindingAHealthyBalance September 30, 2009

What a great post! Hope you do not mind me stealing the idea to use in the future on my blog. Thank you.

=) Laura @ Finding A Healthy Balance

48 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

Go for it :)

49 Jess September 30, 2009

I don’t understand people that keeping hitting snooze in the morning! I jump right out of bed when my alarm goes off lol

50 Jenny Eastwood September 30, 2009

Haha fabulous post :D
I’m 5’4 with size 7 feet too funnily enough!
Here are just 10 things about me it’s unlikely anyone knows:
1. I write a To-Do list for the following day every night before I go to bed
2. I’ve been on acne medication for over a year now
3. I smoked for a week at primary school because I desperately wanted the “cool kids” to like me. I almost got expelled for it.
4. I worked as a volunteer for 6 months at the local SPCA
5. I’m really not as bad at maths as I’ve made out to be
6. I love debating and delivering impromptu debate speeches
7. I don’t straighten my hair, I was blessed with naturally dead straight hair.
8. I had to learn how to sing, I wasn’t born with the talent
9. I have a major soft spot for tiny dogs
10. English is, has and always will be my best subject. I get excellences on everything. It’s the only subject I’m 110% confident with.

Anyway! Thanks for letting me share that :) great post! I’m off to pump some iron with strength training at the gym now. Have a great day!

51 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

I volunteered at SPCA too!

52 Courtney September 30, 2009

I make my bed EVERY morning. Or things just aren’t right in my world. I swear I used to be 5’7″ but now I’m closer to 5’6″ WTH!?!?

Courtney
Adventures in Tri-ing

53 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

I blame a sunken in floor if my height decreases ;)

54 Kelly September 30, 2009

I’m the say way with my bed! I couldn’t care less if it’s made in the morning, but right before bed I have to make it. I want it to be perfect when I get in!

55 Hannah September 30, 2009

Oh my gosh! I’m a mezzo-soprano too! Do you still sing once and a while, or just for fun?

56 Angela (Oh She Glows) September 30, 2009

I sing all the time. Just not in an organized group format anymore. ;)

57 Kristilyn (singer-songwriter) September 30, 2009

Very cute!

I’ve never won any spelling bees, but I’ve been told I’m an excellent speller. I’m ALWAYS the chosen one when that comes up in Cranium.

That’s too funny that you don’t like camping! I love hotels way too much … beds are just way better than the ground. And bathrooms are key to a good holiday!

I’ve also grown out of touch with a lot of friends, though I sometimes attribute it to us moving on to different goals. Or moving to different cities!

That’s awesome that you had an accent in the states! I assume you’ve taken on the typical Canadian accent now? Though, being a Canadian, I’m STILL not sure what that means. I know I don’t sound like a Newfie …

Randomness about me:

1. I was once an extra in a Christmas-Horror movie called Santa’s Slay. It was freezing the day we had to shoot.

2. Deep down, I love to clean. I could stay at home and organize my house, cleaning every surface until my fingers pruned. Unfortunately, I don’t pay well.

3. I spend way too much money and can only last being frugal for a few months at a time. At that point, it’s time to spend, spend, spend!

4. I once won a handbell composition contest with a piece called, ‘Rondo.’ Me, being the uber-shy person, was quite embarrassed to be introduced as the composer whenever my handbell group played it.

5. My dogs know me as ‘Mummy.’ They also enjoy greeting me after a workout – apparently, they have a liking for salt.

6. I love living in Canada and having the seasons. If I lived in Texas, I think I would go crazy. I hate driving in the snow, but I love watching it fall (and playing in it, of course.).

7. I am addicted to music and have close to 15,000 songs on my iTunes.

8. When I was younger, a friend and I had one of those “I love you man!” moments with a bottle of alcohol, on a swing set in a park. We then finished the night dancing the swing underneath a disco ball in her living room. Probably one of my “first ever hangovers”.

9. I like to preach about eating non-processed foods, but I sometimes sneak some into my diet. I just can’t get enough of Peanut Butter & Co., Sahale nuts, or miscellaneous Annie’s stuff. But I do try at least 80% of the time to eat wholesome, good food.

10. When I was born, my name was Sheena. My parents then adopted me, changing my name. When we got a dog, she got my birth name. It’s slightly odd, but what can you do?

Sorry for the novel!

K

58 Bridget September 30, 2009

I’m 5’10, so I try and avoid heels!!!!

59 Kristin - runningsongs.wordpress.com September 30, 2009

Ditto on #13. There’s nothing more satisfying than clearing off your desk, but I can never make it last more than a day or two. :)

60 Jolene September 30, 2009

I am left handed and I have never had a bleeding nose.

61 Kristen September 30, 2009

I used to think that I should be a hand model :) Then I cut my hands a few times and now I figure they are still nice, but would probably need to be a little too heavily air brushed…

I also used to not make my bed, but something happened in the last year and now it always needs to be made!

Thanks for sharing! I love that you had a southern accent.

62 Mellissa September 30, 2009

I love these! Thanks for sharing.

27. I have never been stung by a bee
26. I love podcasts and sports talk radio
25. I collect stuffed pigs
24. I love grocery shopping!
23. I need the ability to control things, the unknown drives me crazy
22. I am terrified of bugs
21. I worked at Fleet Farm in High School just so I could wear the orange smock
20. I am 5’7 and wear a size 8 shoe
19. I had only 2 B’s in my MBA program
18. My food can’t touch
17. My favorite ride is the Gravitron (that silver spaceship thing)
16. My number one fashion rule is one trend at a time
15. I have spent the last 3 Thanksgiving’s out of the country (Peru, Nicaragua and Egypt)
14. I love cheese, I could probably eat it for every meal.
13. I live near a gas station called the Pump n’ Munch
12. I didn’t have a door when I was 12-15 because I slammed it so often
11. I have never mowed the lawn
10. I own over 100 pairs of shoes
9. I probably read 100 novels a year
8. I went to Disney for the first time 2 years ago
7. I hate bananas
6. My favorite food is grilled cheese and tomato soup
5. I didn’t start liking beer until a few years ago
4. My closet is color coded and sorted by clothing type
3. I have been wanting to pick up and move to a new country lately
2. My favorite color is orange
1. We are going to Rio for this years Thanksgiving

63 Erin September 30, 2009

I love my feet too! And I really love random trivia/facts so this one was right up my alley.

I am the opposite in terms of bed making and desk cleaning. I make my bed (i.e. fluff up the down comforter over the messy sheets) every morning. It gives me peace of mind. So does the clean desk thing; clutter aggravates me! How about I come clean your desk and you can repay me in Green Monsters and Glo Bars!?? :)

64 Jamie September 30, 2009

Angela, so funny about the foot model thing. All of my friends still to this day make fun of me because I always used to say I wanted to be a foot model. Also, I’m technically 5’3 1/2 and always say I’m 5’4…It’s much better to round up.

65 maria September 30, 2009

I’ve always envied those who can go without the snooze. That is one of my necessities I am afraid!

66 Morgan September 30, 2009

I’m a Taurus too! May 12!
Birds creep me out…I’m always scared they are going to “go” on me, and I think they are sneaky b/c they fly away so fast.
I collect rubber duckies and teapots.
2 things about me, I could go on for awhile, but Glee is on!

67 cynth September 30, 2009

Shut up!! My birthday is on May 16 too! 1991 to be exact.
WOW! We are birthdaymates! Woohoo!

Thanks for being an inspiration ang

love lots, cynth

68 Kelsey September 30, 2009

6. astrology is so intriguing!
12. hahah, me too!
23. im a chapstick fiend, myself.

69 Morgan @ Life After Bagels September 30, 2009

NEVER HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON?!?!?! Angela let me in your tips. My posts the last two days have been all about how I’m a SNOOZE MONSTER.

70 WholeBodyLove October 1, 2009

I love this list! What a great way to get to know you! Mallard won’t kiss me when I wear lipstick either! Guys!

71 Pam October 1, 2009

Hi Angela!

Came across your blog & I love it! Wow, you never hit the snooze button?!?! HOW do you do that? That’s a superwoman trait I wish I had! I set 3 alarms and snooze my way through them all. I need to set my first alarm about 2 hours before I absolutely HAVE to get up…that’s so bad!

72 Marika October 1, 2009

It’s hard to believe that you’re shy, since you’re so open about yourself on the blog. I’m shy too… there are certain situations that just make me freeze up. I wish I could get over it but sometimes it feels more like a physiological response than a psychological one. Also hard to believe you were a troublemaker in high school!

At several points in my life, my dream was to become a veterinarian. More than halfway through university I decided my passion for languages was greater than my passion for science, and now I work as a translator. Another thing about me—I am extremely jealous of people who seem to pick up new languages very easily.

Since feet have been a recurring topic—I’m 5’3” and wear a 9 or 9.5. But I’m kind of proud of my big feet :-).

73 Kristine October 1, 2009

Ba Ha Ha, i’m 5’4″ AND A HALF tooooo!!

74 Sarah October 8, 2009

I love these, we have a lot in common! I’m also a Taurus (May 6), 5’4.75″ (so I claim 5’5″ haha), and I was definitely a rebellious teen. I only wear lip gloss too and I also did the choir thing ;-)

Oh! And I won a lot of spelling bees. I came in 2nd in our state one time too. Haha, too funny.