60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

Yesterday could be summed up with two words:

SIGN HERE!

and here, and here, and here!

I finally opened my Glo Bakery business accounts (opened a CAD and US account), and applied for a business credit card.

I also filled out all 20 pages of my Beanstream application and ordered a 25 kg bag of gluten-free OATS! My bulk bakery order from the co-op was cancelled, but it will be arriving today. I can’t wait to show you all the pictures of everything I bought.

I also made a new Glo Bakery product.

Coming soon…

img 2406 thumb   60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

Glo-nola.

This one had almonds, cranberries, raisins, pumpkin seeds, spices, coconut oil, and cacao nibs.

When I told Eric the name, Glo-nola, he goes, ‘I don’t get it.’

I was like…GLO…nola! Get it? GLO! Instead of GRA!

Silence.

It was almost as bad as having to explain a joke to someone. I gave up and walked away with my tail between my legs.

I thought to myself, ‘My friends on OSG will SO get this!’ haha. You guys get me…right?!

~~~~~~

After work, it was time for a quick dinner.

img 2469 thumb   60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

Yes, folks. I am still stuffing every vegetable I can get my hands on!

Last night I walked into the kitchen and found these ingredients:

• Black beans
  • Leftover Organic Tomato Sauce
  • Organic baby carrots
  • Peppers

img 2417 thumb   60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

I decided to make a very quick and easy black bean dip and go from there. :)

img 2457 thumb   60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

by Ohsheglows.com

Ingredients:

• 2 peppers
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup tomato/pasta sauce or salsa
  • 6 baby carrots, diced
  • 1 t Paprika
  • Crushed black pepper (I use LOTS!)

Directions: Chop carrots, coarsely. Rinse beans. Dump beans, carrot, pasta sauce, paprika, and pepper into processor. Process for 10 seconds. I like to leave some chunky beans in mine. Cut open 2 peppers and stuff with bean mixture. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes at 350F on a baking sheet. Drizzle with your favourite vinaigrette and enjoy! Wrap up leftover bean mixture for the next day’s lunch.

print   60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers Print Recipe

One of these stuffed peppers packs about 14 grams of protein. This dinner kept me full for a long time (and I didn’t think it would at all).

img 2472 thumb   60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

I served mine with pita wedges:

img 2466 thumb   60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

Mmmmmmm. I loved this.

img 2470 thumb   60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

I can’t wait to eat the leftover bean dip for lunch.

~~~~~

Check out more delicious looking Green Monster recipes updated at GMM.

See you later for a a very scary fruit lurking in my kitchen.

angela signature thumb49   60 Second Black Bean Dip and Stuffed Peppers

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Chinese proverb

Emily Eats August 21, 2009

Totally get the glonola! And it sounds pretty fine too ~ yummy choice of flavors.
Have a great day :)

lauren August 21, 2009

I totally get the glonola joke :) and it looks delicious by the way!
Im loving all of the stuffed veggies your making lately, its inspiring me to get creative and try them too!
enjoy your day :)

Erin August 21, 2009

Heck yes!! Glo-nola, I love it! I’ve been craving granola for weeks. I can’t wait until you can ship to the US in bulk :)

The black bean dip looks awesome!

Spotty Prep August 21, 2009

Congrats on all your Glo progress!!

I made stuffed peppers last night, too! So delicious :)

kegoodie August 21, 2009

Totally got the Glo-nola pre-explanation.

I’ve got to say you are beginning to entice me to purchase and I’m not easily enticed. Your products look so home-made and fresh and wholesome!

leslie August 21, 2009

everything in this post looks amazing! i can’t wait for you to start shipping to the us. although i think if i were you i’d be a little bit afraid haha. i think glo-nola is going to be a big hit though! :)

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now August 21, 2009

lol yes, I get it! I think it’s a cute name!

Amanda @ Panda Lunch August 21, 2009

I think Glo-nola is a totally cute name and I got right away. It looks super yummy too. Can’t wait for US shipping!

Jil August 21, 2009

I love the idea of Glo-nola! So cute, and it looks sooo yummy! Your stuffed peppers look great, too!

Maureen August 21, 2009

great name and there is nothing better than home made granola much healthier than the packaged version at the store. The blacks bean dip looks great as well. Do you ever cook your own beans or mostly use canned? I have started to soak and cook my own it is so much cheaper than the canned. A tip I picked up from a website is to cook a big batch and keep some in the freezer than you always have some ready at a moments notice. Last night I made a veggie pizza using PC brand flat bread. On top of the veggies I put some crumbled black bean patties I had made last week. So good and filling as well, I brought the left overs for lunch today.
Keep being creative you truly are inspiring.

April August 21, 2009

Such a cute work for you Glo-nola. Men, I don’t get them sometimes ;)

April August 21, 2009

I meant word…:D

Julia August 21, 2009

I just posted a recipe for stuffed zucchini boats! Haha, isn’t it more fun when you can stuff things? This all sounds delicious, can’t wait to try it..

Katrina (gluten free gidget) August 21, 2009

Don’t worry! I totally “get” you and I love the name!

One Year No Diets! August 21, 2009

I just bought peppers this week to stuff and didn’t know what to put in them – great idea!

Leah August 21, 2009

I stuffed peppers for dinner last night too! :-D

I love the Glo-nola. I still want to try to incorporate your goods in a wedding favor but that’s still on the back burner for now. I love the Glo-nola idea!

Susan August 21, 2009

Haha Glo-nola is awesome! As is black bean dip. :)

Pam at Highway to Health August 21, 2009

Ha! I get the Glo-nola! No explaination necessary

Whitney August 21, 2009

Totes get the Glo-nola. I think it’s adorable!

Cait (Cait's Plate) August 21, 2009

YUM!! I can’t wait for Glo-Nola! Not only do I get it but I totally love it! :)

It looks so delicious.

I also really really REALLY want to try that black bean dip. I love that it’s “60-seconds” Quick, easy and delicious! :)

I’m so jealous of all the Summit girls getting to try your Glo Bars! It’s been nothing but GLOWING reviews, so congrats! :)

JessicaR August 21, 2009

Oooh… any chance the scary fruit is a durian? I love those things :)

Lizzie August 21, 2009

Glo-nola? Perfect!! :) Congrats on the official/unofficial opening of Glo Bakery. We tried to make stuffed avocados this week (shrimp salad recipe with cucumber, tomato, shrimp, avocado, spring onion, and a lime juice/OJ dressing) but the avocados kind of fell to pieces when I was scooping out the good stuff! Your stuffed peppers look yummy!

brandi August 21, 2009

the glo-nola looks SO good!

Victoria August 21, 2009

Eagerly waiting for US shipping, I can’t wait to try the Glo-nola!! BTW, the name is perfect!

Lizzy August 21, 2009

no worries..i’m usually the slow one in my family when it comes to jokes and i got the Glo-nola right away! hehe i think its cute!

Claire August 21, 2009

I love it (and get it.hehe…)!!I can’t wait to try it:-)cc

Urban Girl August 21, 2009

I just recently started reading your blog, and it’s great! Thank you for writing.

So, I’ve literally just started reading and I got Glo-nola right away. Awesome name.

Also, I had stuffed peppers last night as well. It’s funny that so many of us did! I’m always looking for new fillings though, and your black bean dip sounds simple and delicious. Can’t wait to try it!

Jess August 21, 2009

Like the others, I got it right away. I think it’s the perfect name – and yummy sounding, too!

I was thinking about stuffed peppers this am – I’m going to try the black bean option for me, meat for my carnivore hubby.

Angela (Oh She Glows) August 21, 2009

Maureen- Thanks for giving me the little kick in the butt to start buying dried beans again!!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) August 21, 2009

Congratulations on your big business transactions! Woo-hoo!!! I am gluten free and cannot wait to see your GF offerings…incluing Glo-Nola. Duh, totally self-explanatory:) But yes, I have interchanges like that with my husband where it’s like, am I speaking a foreign language? The bean dip looks tasty, although I cannot do beans. Beans beans great for the heart, beans beans…well, ya know :)

Nina August 21, 2009

Totally got it right away. Don’t worry, my husband wouldn’t have gotten it either ;)

Anne Marie @ her new weigh August 21, 2009

The bean dip looks amazing!!

Sheri August 21, 2009

Mmmm…those peppers look awesome! I totally got the Glo-nola as well! :LOL:

OSGMOM August 21, 2009

I got the name — Glonola and love it — very creative!

Kerri August 21, 2009

I totally get it Ange – LOVE it too :)

I wanted to let you know that you inspired me to go vegan for (at least now!) one whole week!

I’m on day 5 and so far I’ve only made 2 mistakes…using a baking powder that had traces of cheese in it and throwing a little Ranch dressing on top of a salad. Both of these slip ups were TOTALLY on mistake…I haven’t caved and eaten anything on purpose :)

The only thing I miss is yogurt…I used to eat almost 3 a day! Thanks for all the great recipes on here!I might give those stuffed peppers a shot this weekend!

-Kerri from Enzymatic Therapy

Sana August 21, 2009

We get it! We get it! I love stuffed anything!

Katie August 21, 2009

Those stuffed peppers look great! Thanks for the recipe. I’m always looking for quick and tasty dinners!

kay (eating machine) August 21, 2009

mmmm I love granola, and yours is so pretty!

Arica August 21, 2009

I totally got the Glo-nola!
Love it!

Courtney August 21, 2009

I am so excited for glo-nola!!!

Page 1 of 212»