Dine, Wine, Dance: Leah’s Wedding Reception

Just a quick note to tell you that I have updated the Green Monster Movement with new reader recipes and stories! Many more to come all week (I have 64 in my inbox in queue! lol).

~~~~~~

Missed The rehearsal, Part 1, Part 2, or Part 3?

Why hello…

IMG_5422

By the time we arrived to the reception after photos, I was ready to EAT and party!!! :D

Time to kick back and relax…

I was so excited to see the wedding favour cookies I made all placed at everyone’s table. Most people had already eaten theirs! hehe. :) I was a proud cookie mama.

IMG_5425

I can finally show them to you now that the wedding is over! I wanted the bride to be the 1st to see them.

She had her children that she teaches write special messages on the back of each tag. Kids say the funniest things! We had a few ‘doosies’ at our table, one of which was ‘Love is…stroking your pet’.

My child wrote something very deep and wise…

IMG_5432

I made Leah and Steve special cookies with their initials:

IMG_1731 IMG_1730

To my delight, everyone raved about the sugar cookies!! I had several people come up to me and tell me how much they loved them and how they gobbled them up. I was beaming from ear to ear! It was a good 4 days work or longer to make them! All the work was worth it. :)

Leah didn’t have a full head table, so the bridesmaids got to sit with their dates. We had a FUN & young table!

IMG_5430

I started with about 4oz of wine:

IMG_5424

They brought out a mixed green salad to start:

IMG_5428

And then I was brought out a HUGE vegan stir-fry. It was quite possibly one of the best stir-frys I have ever tasted!!! I ate every single bite. I was starving!

IMG_5444

I was asked a few questions about being vegan from people at my table and everyone was really cool about it! No mean waiters here!

IMG_5442IMG_5441

Drink #2:

IMG_5456

Carley and I:

IMG_5437

Love that girl!

We tucked in our halter straps for the reception. One dress- TWO ways! ;)

The boys at our table got a little rowdy! lol. It was such an entertaining table of people.

IMG_5458

This was the regular dessert, Ice Cream Crepes!

IMG_5461

My vegan dessert, a lovely fruit salad with raspberry Sorbet:

IMG_5462

So so so good. WOW.

Eric and I got Tequila shots for Steve and all the Groomsmen (from the UK). It was a fun way to bond, lol.

IMG_5483

My shot was put in a GLASS and I think he gave me way more than 1oz!- it was more like 1.5 oz!!! Gross!!!

Me with some Brits:

IMG_5477

All smiles before…

IMG_5478

Ouch! That one hurt.

IMG_5479

Then it was time to boogie on the dance floor!

Rach’s hubby, Shaun, was a wee bit comical. He had us laughing the whole night with his dance moves! There’s one in every crowd, eh?

IMG_5487

Cutting up a rug. Not sure why I am all by my lonesome! haha. Loner bridesmaid alert!

IMG_5492

Leah and I BEFORE the photo op (or so we thought). I checked her teeth! Oh my gosh this picture is so wrong!!! What are friends for, eh?? ;)

IMG_5493

After the dentistry, we rocked it out on the dance floor to that Paparazzi song!

IMG_5495

I love dancing so much! Anyone else?? Such great exercise too!

IMG_5496

Of course I also danced with hubby. We got to dance to our wedding song- Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton. Brought back some great memories (our 1st anniversary is the 31st!!!).

IMG_5488

I was quite happy that I didn’t go overboard with drinks! I was actually in much better shape than most people were. Wink, wink, @ Eric…Shaun… ;)

It was a magical day and couldn’t have gone any better. I was so happy for Leah!

~~~~~~

See you guys later for my thoughts on some Healthy Living Summit sessions I watched all afternoon Saturday! I also have a really fun hot topic coming up based on some issues that were brought up in one of the sessions. I can’t wait to hear your feedback on it!

I will also be announcing the winner of the Summer Glow Photoshoot winner too. Exciting stuff!

Angela_Signature

1 Ruby August 16, 2009

Thanks so much for sharing these posts Angela! As I commented to leah, I totally dreamt about hr wedding last night and I was all teary eyed and saying it was such a beautiful wedding. So kudos to your recaps, they obviously tickled my imagination!

2 Jocelyn August 16, 2009

wow!! Looks like fun :D I’m glad nobody was rude about your vegan way of life lol…Your food looked delish! It’s great they could cater to it :) Also, your sugar cookies look amazing! Great job decorating them..wow! I guess I’ll know who to call if I ever get married haha. I think the picture of you and Leah is very real ;) It shows just how good of friends you are!
love it!

3 Meghan@traveleatlove August 16, 2009

Leah was such a beautiful bride, and you all look like you had so much fun! Yummy looking vegan wedding food! I haven’t seen that before.
We celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary on Tuesday; I would love to do it all over again!

4 OSGMOM August 16, 2009

I am just catching up to the recap of the wedding. Leah was such a beautiful bride and I loved her dress! The bridemaid dresses really looked attractive on all of you, and I liked the colour. Whoever did your updo Ange was a real pro. You look beautiful. I thought Leah’s idea of having the children write on the back of the favour cards was very unique, and I’m sure touching to the guests. I’m so happy Leah’s day went well, the weather co-operated and you had lots of fun.

5 elizabeth August 16, 2009

Awwww, so pretty. I’m glad you ended up with the up-do, your hair looked gorgeous and I don’t think I’ve ever seen it that way! It especially looked great w/ your dress (haha, both ways!). Good choice.

I wanna go to a wedding now, that looked like a fun one.

6 Shannon The Healthy Beach Bum August 16, 2009

You’re such an amazing chef and friend making those cookies for everyone :) They look sooooo tasty! I would have gobbled them up right away too. Can’t wait to read your summit post! The livestream video was amazing. Have a great day!

7 Steph August 16, 2009

hey ange! im not sure how strict you are being with your veganism, but i thought that i would share with you something that i learned only a few months ago after being vegetarian for a number of years. many beers, wines and liquors are not vegan/vegetarian. sometimes, animal ingredients are used to make them (isinglass which is animal bladder, gelatin, egg whites and milk protein). the labels will not tell you, so you have to do your own research. this list is pretty extensive if you want to check it out : http://www.barnivore.com/. i used to be pretty strict with my vegetarianism, but have recently been more relaxed about it and still drink non-vegetarian wines… everything in moderation right?! i just thought that i would let you know as many people do not think about their beverages being non-vegan friendly!!

8 christina August 16, 2009

looks like you a had a wonderful time! such a cute picture of you and eric ;)

9 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 16, 2009

Steph- Wow what a great resource! I checked my fav beer (coors light) and it is vegan friendly so I am happy about that. :)

10 Claire August 16, 2009

I LOVE your shoes!(where did you find them?)I’m so glad you had such a good time:-)

11 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 16, 2009

Claire- I got the shoes at a CAD shoe store called Spring. They were on sale for $19.99! Score! Quite comfy too!

12 Jess August 16, 2009

Ange you look absolutely gorgeous! I’m so happy to see the reception was able to cater to vegans. I love that you can have a few drinks but not over do it. You are such a great role model.

13 Chloe (Naturally Frugal) August 16, 2009

Hi Angela, I don’t know if I missed a post but I’m curious as to when you decided to go vegan? Was this spurred by the guest post, are you doing it for the long term? Just curious!

You look beautiful as does everyone else – especially the bride! Looks like a wonderful wedding.

14 shayna August 16, 2009

you looked amazing! were you wearing foundation? please let me know what kind if you were! lol your skin looks flawless.

15 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 16, 2009

Chloe- Ive been vegetarian for a couple years and then decided to make the switch to vegan eating early this year. :)

16 Sana August 16, 2009

Hey! You look soo pretty in that dress, it is SOO your color :) I can’t get over how yumm that fruits in your dessret look.:)!

17 Kristina August 16, 2009

My fiance and I are getting married in 3 months and Wonderful Tonight is our 1st dance! It’s such a pretty song!

I got so excited when I saw that it was your wedding song too!

18 Jolene August 17, 2009

You really do GLOW! Lovely dress!

19 Susan August 17, 2009

Aww, I love all those messages from the kids – that’s such a great idea! Looks like a fun wedding!

20 Katie August 17, 2009

You did such a good job with the cookies! They are great. And I love the idea of letting the kids write on the back! So creative!

21 Caroline August 17, 2009

Those cookies are gorgeous! You’re so talented!

22 Kristin August 18, 2009

Oh my gosh! Our wedding song is also Wonderful Tonight! We celebrate 3 years TOMORROW!

23 Avangardphoto April 15, 2016