Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot

IMG_4939

Like my outdoor office? ;)

Pretty snazzy, eh?

It’s hot hot hot outside!!!!  I am trying to stay cool. I have on SPF 60 too. :D

IMG_4938

Yes, I’m wearing my new ‘Sexy’ shirt from Leah! haha

I’ve had such a productive day so far…lovin’ it! I was about to go for a run this morning and then we got a huge thunderstorm. But now it is sunny and very hot (40C with humidity!), so I have pushed back the run til tonight.

I forgot to show you the vegan carrot cake cupcakes I made for Eric’s birthday yesterday (You would have seen these on Twitter yesterday morning!). I made the recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. While they looked cute…

IMG_1626

I was not impressed. They fell apart SO easily and were basically way too delicate to handle. The guys loved them though.. ;)

IMG_1636

Lunch today was delicious…

IMG_4947

Hummus boats…

IMG_1465

And a pita wrap…

IMG_1643

I also made a shopping trip for a few groceries (they had dandelion!) and wedding favour supplies. I bought all the clear bags and some awesome decorative pearls too. I can’t wait to show you the finished product! I will start on that tonight probably. There are a couple ways I am thinking about packaging them up, and I will run it by the bride for the final say of course. ;)

Ok I need to get back to work. Eric is on the deck with me helping me set up my Glo Bakery shopping cart!! :) I can’t wait to have it ready and be able to ship to everyone who wants it! :) yay!!!!!!

Today’s question:

I am creating a running Glo Bar. What ingredients would you like to see in it? (Note: At this time it can’t be any ingredients that are ‘perishable’ like bananas).

Ciao lovies!

Angela_Signature

1 Cait (Cait's Plate) August 9, 2009

Oooooh! I gotta think on this. As a runner I’d say definitely something peanut butter and maybe dried bananas for the quick energy boost? I’m going to get back to you on this for sure though :)

And I love your outdoor workspace!! Haha

2 Jennie {in Wonderland} August 9, 2009

It was hot here today too! Finally.

Maybe pistachios? I love them! I also think peanut butter is great fuel for running… or almond butter?

3 Amanda August 9, 2009

MM before a run I love to have toast with PB and honey … so maybe a bar including both of those? The honey is recommended for the little sugar boost :)

4 Paige August 9, 2009

Love the outdoor office! It’s super hot here today too. I’m about to jump in the pool.

And for the run bar, I guess it depends…is it intended to be a pre-run bar or a post-run bar?

5 Kelly August 9, 2009

I’m sorry your cupcakes didn’t come out well; I think that recipe is quite delicious!

6 Jodie August 9, 2009

Cute office. For the Glo bars, some kind of nut butter, dried apriocts, cranberries and chocolate chips and can’t forget chia seeds.:)

7 Jodie August 9, 2009

Sorry typo dried apricots.:(

8 Sana August 9, 2009

hehe like the outdoor office:)! I have a hard time seeing my laptop screen outdoors so I usually work inside.

9 Jen @ Kiss the Hem of Her Apron August 9, 2009

Definitely peanut or almond butter; I’ve also been LOVING experimenting with chia seeds, soy protein powder, any dried fruit (especially cherries!), and shredded coconut.

Dried pineapple, almond butter, and coconut would be great, I think…

(Love your blog! Good luck with the new bars!)

10 lora August 9, 2009

anything with cranberries or raisins :) and almond butter obz. have a great run!

xoxo
Lo

11 SnowKat August 9, 2009

Coconut, choc chips, almond or peanut butter, chia seeds & dried fruit !!!

12 brittany meenach August 9, 2009

chia seeds,oats, hemp seeds, almoud butter, dried bananas, sprirulina for some greenish color, and so you could name it the greenmachine or the running glow stick.

13 Heather August 9, 2009

I made vegan carrot cake yesterday for my bday, too (well, my mom made it but I supervised). I’ve made various vegan carrot cakes and they’ve all been incredibly delicate (but still delicious and moist) so I don’t know what it is. I’ve never made the recipe out of VCTOTW. Regardless, they look yum!

I have no advice for the running bar since I’m not a runner, but some kind of nut butter seems like a good idea.

14 Angela (Oh She Glows) August 9, 2009

Don’t get me wrong the carrot cake tasted fabulous it was just very very delicate and a bit frustrating! I think next time I will use more flour and a bit less carrots+ walnuts. :)

15 kaila August 9, 2009

Hey….. for running i would definitly like some sort of furit and nut bar maybe some golden hunza raisins they are delicous definitly on of the best dried furits available!

16 Kristen August 9, 2009

At least the cupcakes look good on the serving platter even if they crumbled afterwards :)

As for a running bar, I think peanut butter and chocolate would be good…maybe some rice crisps…nothing with too much fibre though! (and something easy to chew that isn’t too dry so that it goes down really easily when on the run)

17 Haleigh August 9, 2009

It is so hot here in North Carolina- almost 100 degrees! I had to wake up super early to go biking this morning.

The cupcakes look fabulous! as all of your baked goods!

xoxo

18 Michelle Gay August 9, 2009

white chocolate/cranberry w/ or w/o almonds

19 Pam (Highway to Health) August 9, 2009

Those cupcakes look good!

For the new Glo bar maybe some sort of trail mix bar? Nut and dried fruit based?

20 Salina August 9, 2009

Oooo.. I’d love to see, Carob, Dried Cherries, Coconut (Shredded?) + Rice Crisps for crunch.. It’d be like a mini Cherry Ripe bar.. (not too sure if it’d be good for running, but it SOUNDS good. he he :o)

21 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope August 9, 2009

Love your outdoor office!!! Too cute! :)

How fun with the running bar – I’d like to see a mix of nuts/seeds/dried fruit. Almost like a trail mix bar! Almonds, peanuts, dried cherries, raisons, sesame seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds. YUM!

xxoo
Heather

22 Jessica August 9, 2009

Dried fruits and nuts for a running bar! I would include some blue-green algae if you can too, because it provides an insane amount of energy. may be too expens though.
Maybe caffeine powder…? LOL.
-muffy

23 Salina August 10, 2009

You can EAT blue-green algae?? that’s too weird..

24 Madelin @ What is for breakfast? August 10, 2009

The cup cakes look really cute and little! Better luck next time :)

25 Taylor August 10, 2009

Too bad those cupcakes didn’t taste as good as they look!

I would think your glo bars would be wonderful with almonds, granola and honey.

26 Alex August 10, 2009

What about putting some green powder in it for energy? Like a mix of green tea, maca, and spirulina?

27 Alex August 10, 2009

Sorry.. and by “it” I mean the Running Glo Bar.

28 britt August 10, 2009

nice office! i hate to hear that the cupcakes fell apart on you. those were going to be the next recipe i tried out of that book. oh well, maybe i can make some changes to keep them from falling apart.