Keeping Our Eye On The Prize: Video Post

Good evening!

In an effort to save my poor, rickety fingers from exhaustion…I present to you a video for tonight’s post…or as some call it…’VLOGGING’! :D

The topic of the video is on Keeping Our Eye On The Prize- How To Stay Motivated in times of trial!

• I talk about my exercise slump
  • What I’ve learned
  • How to focus on the bigger picture
  • My #1 best tool I used along my journey to health
  • SGBC recap
  • And more!

Enjoy! :D

angela signature thumb70   Keeping Our Eye On The Prize: Video Post

Ashley July 28, 2009

Aw I love it! VLOG more!

Brandi C July 28, 2009

Angie You Are just TOO Cute! Loved the Video and Thanks You for having an OSGBC! So Down To Earth, I can relate to copious things, and I Love It!

*Andrea* July 28, 2009

great video! you’re so cute and happy it’s contagious. i need your energy! i love your workout clothes too

*Andrea* July 28, 2009

i go throw exercise slumps almost every month. i go from running 6 miles a day for 2 weeks to NOT WORKING OUT for 2 wweks – this is bad!!!!!!

The Running Yogini July 28, 2009

Love the VLOG :-) You could have a future being on camera for sure!! Have a good one!!

Run Niki Run July 28, 2009

What a cute post!! I hope you will organize more OSGBC in the future! :)

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope July 28, 2009

Great video post Angela! Love the motivation talk… I totally agree that something like a race will give you so much adrenaline, and it feels almost like a let-down after completing the event. It’s important to realize that it is such a normal feeling and mood that should be expected after such a high!

Such a great subject with the overall goal of working out and staying active. I just had surgery on my feet July 16th, and I’m obviously not as active as I usually am. However, I do what I can, and know that even a month or two of lessened activity isn’t going to hurt me in the long run. Plus, after I recover, I will be able to be stronger and do more than ever! :)

xxoo
Heather

Rosey Rebecca July 28, 2009

I love this!! You’re so cute! I definitely think that you should do videos more often! I love all the topics you covered in your video!!

JB July 28, 2009

aw, i loved this “vlog.” you’re so inspirational. you just put me in a better mood! we (meaning society in general) really DO beat ourselves up too often. my body doesn’t deserve all the negativity. it’s so straining and unnecessary! one of my biggest goals right now is to reduce the stress in my life. i tend to create it out of nowhere. you appear as such a superwoman on your blog (in a good way!) and it’s nice to know that you’re normal too. :)

Paige @ Running Around Normal July 28, 2009

Wonderful vlog! I love your medal. And you’re right, you just completed a 10 MILE RACE! You owe yourself more than just a pat on the back :)

And I’m sure you get this all too often (and I apologize in advance if this is bothersome,) but your Canadian accent is too cute!

Katie July 28, 2009

Awesome, I love it!!!!

Julia July 28, 2009

You are such a natural on camera! Seriously, watching you was like sitting down to tea with my best friend. Your voice is very comforting.

I loved the topic as well. I always feel so much better after visiting your blog so thank you for that!

Kim July 28, 2009

Great job! :)

Danielle July 28, 2009

I love your videos Ang… and your Canadian accent :). I sooo have a problem with negative self-dialogue. You are certainly an inspiration but I was wondering if you could give any tips on how to be force yourself to basically treat yourself better. It should be easy, but it’s not so much!

Lexi July 28, 2009

You are so cute. Thanks for this I am going through the same thing & I feel so bad! You are helping me feel better about it. Thanks so much!

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 28, 2009

Thanks guys! :)

Danielle- I totally agree that it isn’t an easy process. It has actually taken me a few years to get to the point where I am right now (and I still have a long way to go).

For me, positive self talk became much easier when I gave up counting calories. Counting calories was such a negative thing for me (and really spiraled into other areas of my health) that once I gave it up, I found that much of my negative voices quieted too. I think it was because my body didn’t feel as deprived, irritable, and moody.

Aside from that, it was basically a lot of work….I applied lots of my psychology training…I did counselling, etc. I should put a post together at some point to gather all my ideas in one spot, shouldn’t I?

Allison July 28, 2009

It’s so cool that you’re actually talking about this and “confronting” it head-on. It’s great that you’re keeping things in perspective–over 70 or 80 years, a few days, weeks, or months off really won’t matter that much! I definitely agree with giving your body a break, and then–focus your training on another race! I did a 10K over the weekend, and because I did so much better than I expected, I’m already planning for a half-marathon in December. For me, there’s nothing like a goal and the structure of an actual training plan to keep me motivated.

leslie July 28, 2009

Loved the VLOG!

Michelle Hisae July 28, 2009

First off, what a cute accent!

Second, I can’t agree with you more. I focus so much on how I’m feeling at that moment, but not on how healthy I am in general. This body will be loved for the long hall! It’s so hard to focus my attention this way, but I know that confidence, acceptance, and appreciation will rush in little by little, everyday.

Love!

Angela Raiford July 28, 2009

You are always so inspiring! I have to say after the first month of reading your blog daily and following your tips I have never looked better! I now crave green smoothies and actively seek out healthy foods!

Amanda @ Panda Lunch July 28, 2009

Loving the VLOG, especially since I can just listen to it in the background while I work! I also wanted to say thanks for addressing this topic, it’s really great to hear someone else be honest and up front about having motivation issues at times. I’ve been in a bit of a workout slump myself since taking all of last week off because I was sick. I thought I would be raring to go, but instead I’m finding it hard to get motivated, it’s like I’ve lost my momentum! I actually blogged about this today, your post has inspired me to take action get back in gear!!

Bree July 29, 2009

very nice :-D
lol i don’t think you have an accent…but then again i’ve lived about a half hour from the canadian border for most of my life :-P

WholeBodyLove July 29, 2009

Nice VLOG! I like that you suggested thinking of the exercise as to how it will affect a life long-term. It’s so important to allow ourselves recovery time or just allow ourselves breaks if and when we need them!

Jenn (eating bender) July 29, 2009

You are so relatable and real, Angela. I’ve been having a lot of trouble lately with the start of my new job – finding the motivation to work out like I used to is really a struggle.

I love the fact that you address the idea that bloggers such as yourself are often viewed as “perfect” in that they never go through slumps, etc. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that people can’t possibly know EVERYTHING about us through our blogs…and it’s helpful to know that I’m not alone :) Thanks for continuing to be so amazing!

Also, didn’t get a chance to comment after your 10-miler…but I am so proud of you! Congrats babe.

Cait (Cait's Plate) July 29, 2009

Angela – you are so adorable I can hardly stand it!! I definitely think the post-race blues are normal, you’ll be back on track in no time :)

Christina July 29, 2009

Cute post and great topics! I think I’m getting into a little workout slump right now so it’s good to hear it happens to us all.

Madelin @ What is for breakfast? July 29, 2009

Loved your vlog, thank you for your insight! Sketchie is adorable :)

Alex July 30, 2009

Angela, you are such a sweetheart!

I think it’s so wonderful that you are letting us see your vulnerabilities and challenges, even though it’s probably tough to do so, you’re doing it to benefit US! So thank you for that.

I also really loved the part where you said something like, “The better we are to ourselves, the better our outcomes will be”. I’m going to start repeating that to myself like a mantra!

Fattie Fatterton July 30, 2009

You are so stinking cute!!