My Bars Are Sealed

Good morning!

I was up at the crack of dawn today cleaning the house! I forgot to mention, but we are having family visit starting Saturday morning until Wednesday! My sisters, nephews, brother and sig. others will be coming over to our place Saturday for a big party!! I can’t wait. Then Kristi and my 2 nephews will be staying with us until Wednesday. Can’t wait!

I also haven’t decided what we are making for dinner yet (or apps, sides, or dessert!), but that is on the list today. Any ideas??

~~~~~~~

food thumb13   My Bars Are Sealed

Last night, I had some water in my fancy Twenty Valley wine glass that I got as a gift for participating in the 10k run.

img 0403 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

Dinner was on a whim as usual. I threw some ingredients together to create a sauce for my leftover quinoa and it turned out spectacular!!

img 0406 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

Ingredients:

• 2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1/2 avocado, chopped
  • 1/2-3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, no salt added (PC brand)
  • 2 heaping T hummus
  • Pinch fine grain sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Mixed it all together, threw it in the microwave for 2 mins, and I had a fabulous dish! :) It was a very savoury taste and the hummus made it very creamy and decadent tasting.

I had it with a high protein/high fibre pita (10 grams each per pita!).

img 0408 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

I LOVED this dinner. Naturally I dipped the pita wedges into the quinoa dish. Mmmmm.

img 0400 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

Eric picked up my Uline.ca order on his way home from work last night. I was literally waiting by the door when he got home. I was SO excited to finally get my HOT SEALER!

Ta-da:

img 0416 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

My friends, meet my very first hot sealer. Wait til you see what I do with it.

But first, meet my new eco-friendly boxes on the right. Old box on the left. New box on the right. Much smaller packaging, but it fits 2 bar orders in that tiny little box!

img 0410 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

See?

img 0415 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

I love my little Starfrit kitchen scale. It was a cheapie (only $30 I think?) but it works great.

img 0417 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

Are you excited?

img 0418 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

Sketchie is. He’s clearly overwhelmed. I love when he curls up his paws like that. We’ve been giving him a LOT of treats lately and I noticed he is packing on a few pounds. lol. He’s perfect just the way he is though. ;)

Do your animals fluctuate in weight? I find Sketchie does quite a bit!

img 0421 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

Can you believe this sealer??

img 0426 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

Look how professional that seal looks! And I still have all 10 fingers left too. :)

The bar is also in new (smaller) packaging. Woot woot! I am quite happy with how it looks.

img 0422 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

Now for all of you who are planning on ordering the Glo Bars- here is a word of advice. The seal this machine creates is industrial strength. I couldn’t pry that end open if my life depended on it. However, the opposite end will tear fairly easily so I suggest opening from that end. ;) Just a tip..

img 0429 thumb   My Bars Are Sealed

Hopefully I will have professionally made packaging in the next few months, but for now this is a nice alternative! I am also going to be printing the new nutrition labels into the backs of the bars too.

Speaking of which, I added the nutrition information for my Heaven and Harmony Glo Bars. Check it out! I’m still obsessed with the Heaven bar. Eric and I already polished off the batch from the other day! Must. Make. More.

I’m off for a run (hope the rain holds off) and then time to work + clean.

See you later for the WINNER of the US Glo Bar Giveaway! You have til noon EST to enter!

Happy Friday!

angela signature thumb58   My Bars Are Sealed

Paige @ Running Around Normal July 24, 2009

Thanks for the quinoa idea! I have a bunch, but only had one recipe for it. The sealer looks like it works great!

Jocelyn July 24, 2009

Hey Angela-

That’s so exciting! Your business is really taking off! Is it silly I’ve always wanted to play with one of those machines?! haha I need to get out more : ) Have a wonderful weekend! And Enjoy your family. And I tried out this recipe from ‘My Recipes” last night and it was great! It had sundried tomatoes in it! (my new fav!!) I added Chicken to it though. Check it out : )

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) July 24, 2009

Your packaging looks great! Very profesh :)

leianna July 24, 2009

LOVE your kitty. What kind is he/she?
Also I took advantage of your 15% off and free shaker coupons for Amazing Grass, so thank you b/c I’ve been wanting to try it!

Bec July 24, 2009

thats so exciting!

leslie July 24, 2009

so professional! the bars look great.

i love that you served your pita wedges in a martini glass. i need to do that – i’m all about presentation. :)

Jodi July 24, 2009

The sealer does a very professional job (and tamper resistant – is great!)

Our cat also seems to fluctuate in weight as well. I think she gets depressed when the weather doesn’t cooperate. haha

I stumbled across this website and the home page reminded me of that picture your mom (I think?) painted of your globakery storefront. I thought you might enjoy it :) http://www.thecupcakeshoppe.ca

Ellen @ Peace in Motion July 24, 2009

new packaging looks great!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous July 24, 2009

You know the tags I made to promote GloBakery for the wedding favours? I think they would look super cute as a tag for these bars. I think it would just give them more of a globakery touch (with the logo!), rather than the white with black writing. I dunno – just a thought!!

Shelby July 24, 2009

Ooo, I have the same sealer at work! haha

MarathonVal July 24, 2009

Your cat is so exotic looking…….. and weirdly enough I dreamed last night that there was a TIGER in my room – very much like in The Hangover – I’m not sure why I am seeing tiger-like cats everywhere I go, haha….

Eve July 24, 2009

You are making great progress with your business! Keep up with all the hard work.

britt July 24, 2009

the new packaging looks great! it’s so fun to see your business progressing. as a new business owner myself, i find it so inspiring to see other people’s businesses growing.

Cait (Cait's Plate) July 24, 2009

I’m loving the hot sealer! That’s so exciting! I’m glad I’m not alone in getting excited about things like that. Haha. :)

Madelin @ What is for breakfast? July 24, 2009

Sketchie is so gorgeous!

Danielle C. July 24, 2009

I really want to rub Sketchie’s belly. :)

Ashley July 24, 2009

As much as I do NOT want a cat (terribly allergic), I want a Sketchie. What a gorgeous animal to have!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope July 24, 2009

It’s always fun to have family come over for a visit! Enjoy your company.

Those bars look SO professional!!! Such a great investment.

xxoo
Heather

Sana July 24, 2009

Yum! I should really use the Quinoa I have just lying around in the cupboard. Congrats on the new sealer and packaging :) I can’t wait till you ship to the U.S., I am so anxious to try your bars!

SnowKat July 24, 2009

You kitty is SO beautiful ! What kind is he ?

Also emailed you a couple recipe ideas for your party…

~Mary

Lizzie July 24, 2009

Hey Angela – want to come and clean my apartment?? :)

One of my fave lunches is to get a brown rice/quinoa mix (Seeds of Change have a good one that has garlic in it) and drop a dollop of either plain, garlic, or roasted pepper hummus, or baba ghanoush in the middle and stir it in while it’s hot. Your dish looks really yummy!

Jessica July 24, 2009

looks great ange! im crossing my fingers ….
i love your dish with the pita, but i just didn’t like quinoa when i tried it – i think because i ate too much at once and it just made me feel icky.
-muffy

MMT July 24, 2009

Angela, your meals always look absolutely delicious! Thanks for giving us the recipes too (although I have yet to actually try to make one!). Great job with the hot sealer, that’s pretty nifty.

Also, I really love your cat! So soft and what gorgeous fur!

Michelle Hisae July 24, 2009

Looks like your life just got a little easier. :) Cool new tool.

Liz @ In The Skinny July 24, 2009

My dog has her winter weight and her summer weight. Just usually about a pound or two difference.

Amanda July 25, 2009

Sketchie is adorable!

Jen July 26, 2009

My male tom cat’s weight changes heaps. In winter he gets quite tubby from sitting on his bean bag and his fur gets fuller so he looks quite round. While in summer he gets quite lean as he loses his winter coat and spends more time in the garden (in summer cats often eat small lizards and this can contribute to weight lose as well.)

Sketchie is such as cutie – no matter how much he weighs though.