Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

Try not to laugh too much!!!

img 9832 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

This is what was going on in my kitchen while I was typing an email to TINA!

img 9830 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

Who knew a curry sauce could SPLAT a 10 foot radius!?

img 9834 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

Oh and the sauce splat all over the floor…almost 10 feet!! Wish I got a pic of that too. I walked into the kitchen and Sketchie was sitting a safe distance away just staring at all the splats flying everywhere. I couldn’t stop laughing, it was HYSTERICAL!

Note: This picture was taken before the splats happened!

img 9816 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

Luckily I cleaned it up before Eric got home! hehe. I told him all about it though and how Sketchie just sat there and watched it happen and didn’t even come into my office to warn me! I need a watch dog!

food thumb5   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

I decided that I was going to make a curry inspired dish tonight!

My inspiration:

img 9822 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

I used this recipe as inspiration, but as usual, couldn’t be bothered to follow a recipe!

img 9821 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

Easy Beginner Curry

My ingredients:

• 1 heaping T of curry powder
  • 1 t ginger (I didn’t have fresh so I used dry)
  • 1 28 oz can salt-free crushed tomatoes (this brand is SO good!!!!!!)
  • 1 T coconut oil
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • pinch of sea salt
  • pinch of ground cloves
  • pinch of celery seed
  • black pepper
  • 1 cup uncooked brown rice
  • Frozen veggies
  • Shredded coconut and peanuts (optional garnishes)

Cook brown rice according to instructions on back of package. Mix all sauce ingredients into saucepan and heat on low, stirring frequently. Do no leave it along uncovered! (lol). You can stir in veggies and cook in the sauce or cook them seperately. Add peanuts or coconut for garnish.

print   Splat, Splat, SPLAT! Print Recipe

img 9818 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!img 9819 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

This was a decent curry sauce, although it was lacking a certain creamy quality that I like about some curry dishes. In my last curry dish, I used coconut milk and this MADE the dish. Had I had some on me tonight I would have added 1/4 cup-1/2 cup of coconut milk to the sauce to make it fuller. It still was quite good though regardless! Not too spicy either, so it is a good ‘beginner’ curry.

I had my sauce over a bed of brown rice and then sprinkled steamed veggies on top:

img 9839 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

And a HUGE side salad:

img 9840 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

With Amazing Grass ‘Chocolate Milk’:

img 9842 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

On my fun leaf plate from Wal-Mart:

img 9835 thumb1   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

Eric has this habit of fiddling with his wedding ring. It clanked into his water tonight! lol. Classy!

img 9844 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

The hardest thing about having a bakery is not being able to eat the goodies! I made a batch of my blueberry walnut streusel vegan mini loaves (now that’s a mouthfull!). And I wanted more than anything to have one after dinner…but I couldn’t!!! *deep sigh* ;) Of course, I could make a separate batch for myself, but when I bake in the kitchen for 10 hours, that is the last thing I want to do- bake another batch!

img 9827 thumb   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

freeforall thumb6   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

1) Still haven’t had a chance to workout yet today, but I will be doing it, mark my words! I will be posting my workout on Twitter tonight! Follow me here, if you aren’t already! Don’t have Twitter? You should…it’s FUN! You get to learn a bunch of things about me that I don’t post on the blog…muhauhauha.

2) I had a good laugh today. I was looking at my desktop and thinking how full and cluttered it was (My PC desktop not the actual desk top!), and then it HIT me how many green monster pictures I had saved to my desktop!!! I swear if anyone looked at my desktop and didn’t know what website I had, they would think I was utterly crazy! I think I have about 30 of your green monster pictures saved to it. haha…guess I better clean it off. It’s taking over!!! Don’t forget to submit your green monster recipe to angela@greenmonstermovement.com

3) Are you guys making sure to write yourself a love note for Operation Beautiful days on the SGBC? I wrote one today and put it on my fridge. It says, ‘WANTED: Wholesome and delicious fuel. Calorie counting need not apply!’ :)

4) Meghan has put together an amazing cookbook to raise money for TNT! Be sure to check it out. I was so impressed by all the hard work she put into this cookbook!!! It is only $10 bucks which is a steal for all the great info packed in the book.

5) No movement with regard to my US package stalking! :( That means one thing and one thing only: It is stuck at customs! Hopefully tomorrow I will hear something…until then…I STALK!

Have a lovely night, I’m off to workout, and then REST (and Tweet!).

angela signature thumb37   Splat, Splat, SPLAT!

Chloe July 16, 2009

Wow, the first comment! Anyhoo, I didn’t know the difference between curries until I went for the first time to an Indian place and ordered curry thinking I’d get the traditional Thai or Asian curry with creamy coconut milk. Nope! It was all sorts of spice that I wasn’t used to, but now I love Indian so it worked out for the best.

The dish looks great, definitely something the boyfriend and I would like. Do you use just regular curry powder or is it a certain one like red, green, or yellow? I’ve only cooked Asian curries before so I don’t know what other curries use.

Angela (Oh She Glows) July 16, 2009

Yup I just used regular curry powder…it’s only my second time making it so I really haven’t explored too much! Small steps! :)

Brandi C July 16, 2009

OMG Angie, lol. Your Spill reminds of the day I was shaking up some balsamic vinegarette and the top flew off! Me and the ENTIRE kitchen looked like we had just ran through mud.

leslie July 16, 2009

oh, angela, i’m sorry lol. that must have been a fun one to clean up. if it makes you feel better, i was chatting with my sister while cooking last week, and i completely forgot about the pot on the stove. cleaning burnt salsa off the bottom of it was such an enjoyable way to end the evening. ;)

your dinner looks great though – i can’t make a curry without some coconut milk!

caitlin July 16, 2009

haha oh that has happened to me, but i dont think it went 10 feet!

i so wish you were going to the summit, angela! i would really love to meet you.

thanks for the operation beautiful shout-out!

Christina July 16, 2009

I want that cookbook!

Michelle Gay July 16, 2009

I may, may, have started lauging at loud at work. Posting a little note around my town. I am on a mission for the rest of July to be posting little OB notes…the one i posted yesterday stayed in the woman’s toliet @ work all day.

Meghan@traveleatlove July 16, 2009

Coconut milk totally makes the curry! My cat Smuckers would have totally eaten the splats! She is like a vacuum cleaner with anything that hits the floor!

Lizzie July 16, 2009

My husband’s wedding ring was always a bit loose . … unfortunately it was loose enough that when he was playing golf in Puerto Rico last year he accidentally lost it while putting – now the running joke is that I am married to an iguana! I was upset initially, but then I realized that while the ring is important, it’s more important to know that we love each other. However we’re planning on getting another one soon! :)

Fingers crossed for the customs!! :)

Jessica July 16, 2009

AW that is too funny!!! LOL!
Here is what my note says:
“Jessica, you are beautiful because you treat your body with respect – not because of how much you weigh.”
It reminds me that hey – as long as I eat really healthy who cares how much I weigh because my body will be happy!
I really hope your US package makes it through :-/ I want some of those mini loaves badly!
-Muffy

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope July 16, 2009

Wow, now that was a messy cooking adventure! ;) But the curry sure looks delicious tonight. What an awesome recipe!

Those blueberry Streusel loaves look amazing! Loving this close-up shot.

xxoo
Heather

JB July 16, 2009

oh no! messes are such a pain. regardless, your dinner came out looking beautiful! and you are one powerful girl for being able to resist that blueberry streusel. it looks amazing!

jess July 16, 2009

Haha! That looks like a messy adventure in the kitchen!

The curry looks yummy though – wish I was having some tonight!

Katharina July 17, 2009

Oh my god that’s hilarious!!! Bahahaha!

Well if I ever order something you can take a bite out of my loaf :) I won’t mind, as long as it’s not a mouse!

Eat, Live, Love July 17, 2009

Looks like your oven took one for the team!
I LOVE that leaf dish!!!! How fitting for a veggie lover like yourself:)

EatingRD July 17, 2009

Oh my! so sorry about the splatter, I think that’s happened to me a few times (haha) Those mini loaves look so good, I don’t know if I would be able to resist all your baked goodies :)

The Novice Berker July 17, 2009

Eek! I’ll admit, I did laugh for a little while at the pictures. Hahaha. And streusel topping makes any baked good 10x more enticing. YUM! :)

I just watched one of your FAQ videos for the first time, and you are really lovely on film!

Jocelyn July 17, 2009

oh nooo angela..look at that mess! Who knew it would have splattered like that! lol..I shared one of your blueberry banana mini loaf with some co workers at work..and they loved it! :)

Jocelyn

Paige @ Running Around Normal July 17, 2009

Oh man! What a splatter disaster! LOL I’m glad you could take it in stride :-P Your dinner turned out fabulous looking, though.

N.D. July 17, 2009

That’s too funny! I have to try this, it sounds and looks delish!

Katrina (gluten free gidget) July 17, 2009

HAHAHAHAHA I hate it when that happens! Oh well, at least it was yummy. Anything involving curry is A Okay in my book!

Priyanka July 17, 2009

Hey, my husband has the same wedding ring!

Sorry about the splatter, it happens to me quite often and especially when I have sparkled the kitchen and then cooking something that involves Tomato sauce! UGGHH

Love your Wal-mart leafy plate!

allijag July 17, 2009

LOL – my husband does the same exact thing with the wedding ring – I find it all over the place (and he’s definitely dropped it in food before)

I may have giggled when I saw the splatter, but then I stopped because I know how very unfun that sort of mess can be to clean up! :)

Cait (Cait's Plate) July 17, 2009

HAHA! Oh Ange! I’ve definitely done that before and it’s so sad! Hope Eric helped you clean up! :)

Erika July 17, 2009

Ha! Love the pictures of your kitchen and your ability to laugh it off! I have the same problem of forgetting things on the stove as well as not being able to follow a recipe exactly!

brandi July 17, 2009

ah, I can’t believe Sketchie didn’t come get you! My cat would have done the same thing :)

I’ve had some good messes in the kitchen ,too :)

Allison K July 17, 2009

My husband also fiddles with his wedding ring! One night we were watching a movie and he was playing with it. Out of nowhere I hear “oh #%$%$!” Turns out he lost it in the couch. We thought it wouldn’t be a big deal, that it was just under the cushions…umm..no. Somehow the ring managed to slip between the coils, into a small opening and into the hollow arm rest. We couldn’t get our hands in there, so we had to cut open the bottom of our sofa with a sawzall!

Tell Eric no more playing with his ring! :)

Brittany July 17, 2009

That was a BIG splatter!! It’s good that were just able to laugh it off though.

I have to agree that if someone looked at all the photos of food on my computer they would probably think I was a nut case. haha

catrosinfo July 17, 2009

Why is m u comment not posted?

catrosinfo July 17, 2009

Oh, there is my comment… sorry… I hate it when sauces splatter all over the place. I just can’t stand it specially when it is me cooking…