Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

Good morning! :)
We had such a fun BBQ last night for our friend Zac’s birthday!

I am one slow moving chicka this morning though! Eric and I were up until about 1:30am.

Yesterday I was in a huge rush getting things (and myself) together before everyone arrived at 7:30. I was making some huge progress with Glo Bakery work so I didn’t stop that until about 6:30pm and then I had to madly rush to workout, shower, and clean in under 1 hour!

The Good News? I applied for my Food Facility Registration with the US FDA…so I am one step closer to shipping my goodies to the states! :) I spent almost all day on the phone with people in the US trying to figure out what I needed to do! I also researched labelling requirements! I felt like a made some major headway so it was a good feeling.

fitness thumb11   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

When I only have time for a quick workout, I always crank up the intensity!

The workout:

• Duration: 30 mins + 2 side advanced planks with arm reaches
  • Treadmill hill walking, incline 15% speed 4.3 mph
  • Max heart rate: 168 bpm
  • Avg heart rate: 155 bpm

It was an INTENSE 30 minutes…To get through it, I broke it up into mini 5-10 minute ‘sessions’. I would tell myself….ok only 5 mins. of this session and then I can take a quick water break. It really works when I do that! :)

Then, I showered, cleaned up,

img 8441 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas img 8442 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas img 8443 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

And made some delicious Cantaloupe margaritas!! I made a huge batch this time so everyone could enjoy it. I didn’t add any alcohol until I figured out what everyone wanted. It was a good thing too because Carly’s stomach wasn’t well and she wanted a virgin one.

img 8440 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

Then the guests arrived- Carly & Birthday Boy (Zac), Steve, Dan, and Jesse!

img 8453 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

Carly and I prepped the food while Steve and Eric BBQ’d in the rain. Look how cute they are:

img 8451 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

Carly brought over a ton of birthday decorations, so we set up some balloons and whatnot. I sipped on a virgin Cantaloupe drink while I worked.

img 8445 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

We gave Zac his birthday gift…Tequila ;)

img 8450 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

I made a Cantaloupe Margarita for everyone and they all LOVED it! Even the boys! :)

I mixed in some Coconut Liquor in it…it went lovely!

img 8448 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

Then it was time to eat!

The beef burgers:

img 8455 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

I had a Sol veggie burger (not shown above). Carly also made a delicious salad that we had with it. I had 4 oz. of wine with dinner.

The gang minus Eric:

img 8458 thumb1   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

Then it was time for ‘cake’ that Carly made which was a delicious Apple Crisp!

img 8479 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

With Sparklers because the Crisp was so hot it melted the candles! lol

Then I brought Zac his second dessert…which was a shot of Baileys.

img 8483 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

Then it was time for some Wii!

img 8493 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

I had a Coors Light while we played.

img 8501 thumb1   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

I love the intensity in Steve’s face- haha!

img 8497 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

The Birthday Boy harassed Sketchie…

img 8506 thumb   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

I think Sketchie ran away shortly after this pic! lol.

It was a fun night! :) Jesse is having a BBQ on Saturday at his place that we are probably going too. Should be more fun times!

~~~~~~~~~~

So back to reality today! I have a ton of orders to do today and I also need to finish prepping for the launch of SUMMER GLOW BOOT CAMP tomorrow!!!!! I hope you are excited…it is going to be so much fun! I can’t wait! :)

3asdsdcopy thumb1   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

See ya later…off to bake!

angela signature thumb68   Burgers, Beer, and Cantaloupe Margaritas

Today’s Question: What is your all time favourite drink (alcoholic or non)?

Aside form Green Monsters, my favourite drink is a virgin Caesar- my dad makes the best Caesars ever. Motts Clamato juice is always a staple in my dads house :)

Annie June 30, 2009

Oh my god! Those drinks look yummmmmmy! Recipe us! :-)

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 30, 2009
Jenn June 30, 2009

Fun times! I wondered why you were slow on the draw this morning. ;) Your margaritas sound so yummy and the food looks delicious too. Got to say I love Yellowtail myself – but I prefer the Chardonnay. Super news about the US shipping thing. You’re on your way now!!

Annie June 30, 2009

Oh, that’s right! Thank you. I forgot you made those pops! Looks like you had a fun night. :-)

Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian) June 30, 2009

yeah for fun birthday celebrations! looks like you had a fab time with fab eats – i def need to try those cantaloupe margaritas!

Katharina June 30, 2009

I really want to try these Sol burgers!

I can’t tell you how excited I am about your future plans for shipping to the US! I THINK WE’RE ALL STOKED!!

Cantaloupe margaritas sound soooo delicious, especially mixed with coconut rum – YUM :D

kim June 30, 2009

I’m so excited for when you will ship to the US! It’s virtually IMPOSSIBLE where I live to find non processed healthy gluten free desserts!

Danielle C. June 30, 2009

Yay for fun birthday celebrations, poor Sketchie (my cats usually hide from all visitors LOL).

I think my fave drink is a mojito…the only non-alcoholic drinks I have besides water are coffee and Green Monster/juice.

Barbara June 30, 2009

Morning!

What is a Caesar drink?

I’d have to say Regular Fresca is my favorite drink. It’s a sparkling Grapefruit flavored drink.My second fav would have to be a fully loaded Strawberry Margarita….Mmmmm

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 30, 2009

I don’t drink alcohol, so my favorite drink would be….water? Seriously, I know that is a lame answer, but I’m not big into juices or anything, so besides GM, yes, H20.
>>>>loser<<<<

brandi June 30, 2009

looks like a great bbq/birthday party!

Kimberly Lee June 30, 2009

Very excited about you moving 1 step closer to shipping your yummy foods to the U.S. The drinks look delish, I am thinking about making some virgin ones for our family’s 4th of July cookout.

My favorite drink would have to be my Granny’s sweet tea. I realize that all that sugar is not good for me. But a tall glass on a hot summer afternoon takes me back to my childhood.

Katherine June 30, 2009

The drinks sound wonderful and it looks like everyone had a great time!!

My favorite drink is probably a glass of good Reisling – crisp, light and refreshing!

Can’t wait for SGBC :)

Recipes for Creativity June 30, 2009

All time favorite drink??? How can I choose one? I recently discovered that I love Horchata, the rice/cinnamon drink served at Mexican restaurants. I also love margaritas and sweet white wines. I guess I like sweet stuff!

Can’t wait for SGBC!

Christina June 30, 2009

Looks like you had such a fun night! My all-time favorite drink would have to be a mango lassi. I got one at an Indian restaurant once and it was a-mazing.

leslie June 30, 2009

looks like a fabulous evening!

the best drink i ever had was a cucumber martini – dry gin, cucumber puree, and fresh ginger. it was strong but so refreshing!

Dancercise June 30, 2009

Good news with shipping to US! Yay!!! My favorite drink is the Black Forest coffee, which is coffee layered with cherry preserve, hot chocolate, and ice cream in a tall capuccino glass.

Sketchie is so cute!!

elliebelle June 30, 2009

Those drinks look great! Isn’t Wii perfect for parties? :) My favorite drink is X-Rated Vodka liqueur with 7up. It tastes like grapefruit juice and isn’t terribly strong. Plus, it’s bright pink, what’s not to like about that? Yummy!

Fitzalan June 30, 2009

Now that looked like a Monday night!!!

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever thought about my favorite drink of all time.

Non-alcoholic–perfectly fresh squeezed orange juice.

Alcoholic–Gin and Tonic. I don’t drink them often but they remind me of my father so much that I am always happy and smiling when I sip on one.

Happiness Awaits

Leah June 30, 2009

Mmmmm so hard to choose a fav drink! I love Cosmopolitans but also love love love red wine! And Kombucha or a Soy Latte are a tie for non-alcoholic beverages!

april June 30, 2009

I’d love to have you do a post on how you say no to certain foods when you are with company. When I go out of town for holiday’s I turn down a lot of the food because I know that it wouldn’t make me feel good! I hate coming up with excuses and I don’t like to hurt peoples feelings but I also don’t want to sacrifice my health (or have a tummy ache!) What are your thoughts on that?

Ashley June 30, 2009

i’m more than excited for this bootcampppp!! ahh i know its going to be great ange!

SarahF June 30, 2009

Barbara,

A Caesar is like a Bloody Mary except instead of tomato juice it uses clamato juice (which is a Canadian thing-basically spiced tomato juice). They’re a little bit spicier and a lot less thick

Sam @ Small Changes Add Up June 30, 2009

I love mojitos – or any cocktails for that matter! Daquaris are also good.

Low June 30, 2009

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! I love getting together for b-days and wish I still lived in a house so I had room for proper entertaining!

Fave virgin drink – Fresh squeezed lemonade!
Non virgin – toss up between ice cold brew (I’m not picky about the kind or beer, just cold) and a Dirty Vodka Martini.

I shouldn’t be thinking about that right now… makes me crave one ; )

Can’t wait for the challenge tomorrow!

Kristen June 30, 2009

When it comes to alcoholic drinks, I think my favourites (I can’t decide on just one) are the Mojito (mmm, lime and mint really do taste great together) and Gin and Soda (it used to be Gin and tonic, but i find it tastier with soda).

So Ange- did you decide on whether or not to run the race?

Melanie June 30, 2009

My favorite drink? Horchata, hands down, made from scratch and not from a mix. You can definitely tell the caliber of a Mexican restaurant by their horchata, and even if it’s not on the menu around here, they’ve definitely got it:).

The canteloupe mixture has proven to be really versatile, eh? I really want to try that. I love canteloupe!

Cate June 30, 2009

Congrats on being one step closer to shipping your bakery items south of the border.
I must say you’re hardcore, squeezing in a workout and getting ready for a party in one hour! You are an inspiration. Looks like everyone had a great time. I noticed that you had your wedding album in one of your photos. It’s so beautiful – almost like a coffee table book that you put on display. May I ask where you ordered that?

Maggie Rusch June 30, 2009

I’m so excited you’re applying to ship to the U.S.! I know I can’t wait to try your Glo Bakery goodies… and I’m sure the rest of the Oh She Glows yankee readership will agree with me!

Sarah Jayne June 30, 2009

The most refreshing, delicious summer drink is a Serengeti!! Its a twist on a mojito, but its a THOUSAND times better- Silver rum muddled with basil, lemon and sugar cane, shaken with fresh squeezed lemon & lime juice. you MUST try making it some time!

Lizzie June 30, 2009

I actually never drank that much until I hit my late twenties. I love fruit based martinis (kumquat, pomegranate, passionfruit).

Excited about the developments with US shipping!!

Lynn June 30, 2009

Wow that drink sounds GREAT!!!

Awesome pics, looks like a blast! :D

My fav drink… coffee. LOL

Cuts and Curves June 30, 2009

An apple crisp sounds awfully good right about now!

Morgan June 30, 2009

A nice glass of pinot noir!

Barbara June 30, 2009

Thanks SarahF:)

Lynn (The Actors Diet) June 30, 2009

I love wii!!! What game did y’all play? Looks like a baseball one….

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 30, 2009

I think my favorite drink is a Shirley Temple haha!

Susan June 30, 2009

Mmmm…canteloupe cocktail with coconut liquor? You are killing me with the cantaloupe concoctions! :P

My favourite drink of all time is rye and water – in a tall glass with lots of ice, and a squirt of lemon. It’s actually the exact same drink my Scottich grandfather used to drink, and it’s turned into my fav too! I love my sweets, just not in liquid form, so I tend to stay away from the girly stuff.

Beth @ CrossBorderCravings June 30, 2009

I LOVE a good mojito in the summer! Sooo Refreshing!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 30, 2009

Aww, that sounds like such a fun evening! that cantaloupe margarita sounds fantastic!!! Glad you got to enjoy a lovely evening with your friends… you deserve it after all the hard work you’ve been putting in lately!

xxoo