Catching Up!

img 3909 thumb   Catching Up!

Hello!

I am blogging this afternoon on the deck on this first glorious day of summer!!!! Isn’t wireless internet the BEST? Krista and I were chatting about it yesterday (she just got a new laptop) and we both admit we love not being glued to a desk all day!

I have gotten SO much accomplished so far today and I am feeling much more ‘in control’ of my busy schedule!

I finished going through the orders I have scheduled for Summer ‘09 so far. I have much more than I thought I did, which is great, but will require careful time management if I am to get all this done!

Today I worked on 16 Glo Bakery packages for an order tomorrow!

img 3879 thumb   Catching Up!

I also prepared Nicole’s package (who won the BBBC challenge) and got that ready to be shipped out!

I also went through all my emails, organized Green Monster emails, FAQ’s, orders, etc etc! It feels so good to have gone through most of them. I still have to catch up on emails while I was on vacation though and make sure I didn’t miss any…

I snacked on Mary’s Crackers while I prepped:

img 3891 thumb   Catching Up!

Eric mowed the lawn and did the trimming:

img 3886 thumb   Catching Up!

Sketchie watched from his blankie:

img 3890 thumb   Catching Up!

Then it was lunch time when hubby came in the house!

I had one of my colossal spinach salads!!!

img 3894 thumb   Catching Up!

A green tea from my MIL:img 3898 thumb   Catching Up!

In the salad:

• 4-5 cups organic spinach
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 4 T hulled hemp seeds (my new obsession!)
  • 1 cup tomatoes
  • Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Mary’s Crackers

In just 56 grams of hulled hemp seed there is almost 19 grams of protein!!!

img 3903 thumb   Catching Up!

I like Mary’s crackers in salads but the crackers poked my gums a few times, so I ate with caution! :D

Dessert:

Two leftover Veggie Cupcake Burgers!!

img 3893 thumb   Catching Up!

These burgers are SO good!

I used my Chocolate Peppy-mint Glo Bars for the ‘meat patty’ and it went so well with the cupcake flavours!!

img 3901 thumb   Catching Up!

This lunch was amazing!

I am revved up once again and ready to tackle the rest of the pile of work on my desk.

The Operation Beautiful note I put in my bathroom before bed last night:

img 3830 thumb   Catching Up!

img 3855 thumb   Catching Up!

Love that saying!

Not sure what is on the docket for my workout today…could be a run outside or I might just skip a workout all together. We shall see!

Sketchie says HEY OSG READERS!!!

img 3913 thumb   Catching Up!

He is obsessed with this packing foam that came in a shipment we received! Don’t worry we don’t let him eat it!

Have a lovely Father’s Day!

angela signature thumb48   Catching Up!

Kiersten June 21, 2009

I love the burger cupcakes you made! They are too cute and so is Sketchie.

Shannon, The Healthy Beach Bum June 21, 2009

those notes on your mirror are so niftyyyy :) I love them! Looks like a great day :)

Marissa June 21, 2009

Sketchie is too cute for words!

Crystal (Bye Bye Fat Pants) June 21, 2009

I seriously love your cat, he’s so handsome! Did you have to get him from a breeder??

Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2009

Yup, he’s from a Breeder in Toronto on the Danforth :)

Lara (Thinspired) June 21, 2009

Hey Ange,
I really like your notes today :) They hit home for some reason.
Also I wanted to tell you congratulations on all the success of your bakery lately. The little burgers are SO cute and it looks like you were really a hit at that event over the weekend! It is so incredibly to watch you make your dreams come true. I am really inspired.

Bridget June 21, 2009

Sketchie haha sooooo cute! My cat loves those foam things too. We have to keep an eye on her when she’s around them because otherwise she’ll completely devour them :O

Love the notes! We are worth it!

melissa June 21, 2009

yeah for 16 orders! the salad looks awesome, maybe that’s what I will have for dinner. there is nothing better than avo, tomato and sundried tomato!

nicole- chasing blue June 21, 2009

I love your notes to yourself in the bathroom!

I’ve been trying to be more aware of myself when I’m looking in the mirror or hopping on the scale. I’ve been doing it more so since my girls have been doing it too. :(

However nothing is more wonderful than a 3 year old yelling “I’m beautiful!”

meghan June 21, 2009

Sketchie is so cute! I wish we had some gorgeous weather down here. . . muggy humid rain for days and days.

cookienurse June 21, 2009

Thanks for that inspirational note…it’s funny how we don’t appreciate ourselves enough when we are young and now we work so hard to recapture that youth and vitality!
Love your blog!!

Gillian June 21, 2009

I just bought some hemp seeds and am dying to get using them because I never get enough protein! Will try throwing them in my salads, that looks so good!

By the way I made your peanut butter bars the other day and brought them to work and they were a HUGE hit! Two girls I worked with even asked for the recipe and plan on making them soon. I am going to try and bring some to my internship as well! Thank you!

That’s so great to hear!! ~A

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 21, 2009

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished today! And I’m so happy to hear that the orders are flowing in. You are going to make one sucessful, amazing baker Angela!

How in the world can you see that screen outside??? I’ve tried using my laptop outside, but I can never seem to get rid of that nasty glare! Totally need your advice on that one! :)

xxoo
Heather

Well luck was on my side today because a cloud gave me a bit of shade….otherwise I can’t see the screen either!! ~A

Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 21, 2009

Aww, Sketchie is so cute!

Jessica June 21, 2009

aw Ange you look so beautiful in the post of your reflection and note! I know you’re looking down but I think it captures true beauty because you aren’t posing. :)
-Jessica

Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 21, 2009

Your glorious first day of summer has been a sweltering unbearable heat here in Florida! geez, I got in my car yesterday and the temp said 97. And the pool is to the point where it isn’t quite refreshing anymore as it feels hotter than bath water! lol

Oh man that reminds me of when I used to live in FL!!!

Low June 21, 2009

Sketchie is so cute!! I miss my cats (they had to live with Mom when I left for college).

Do the hemp seeds taste good?

Oh yea they do…they have a very light and buttery taste- like heaven! ~A

Marnie June 21, 2009

Hey Ange! I have a fashion topic for ya…I’m doing my Masters in School Psychology (University of Alberta) in the fall and have a feeling my lulu clothes aren’t gonna cut it to look professional in grad school. What type of clothes did you wear when you did your degree? Was it any different than what you wore to your undergrad classes?
Thanks!
Marnie

Mia {runs and rests} June 21, 2009

Awww, Sketchie is too cute!
Your windows and the view outside are lovely. All the greens must be so relaxing.
I especially loved that quote. We are totally worthy! :D Have a great day!

Alex June 21, 2009

I am a couple posts late, but I saw that you have signed up for the 10 miler! Whoooohooo! Congrats- I am running it too and crossing my fingers that it won’t be too hot!
PS. Tried your skinny buns- l.o.v.e.d. them!

Rose June 22, 2009

Those little cupcakes are the cutest!

Susanah June 23, 2009

ooh,the vegan cupcake burgers looks soo adorable..must try that idea out!!u’re so creative..love ur glo bakery too..btw, is that a nike free 7.0 that i see with those foam? i’m searching high n low fr them..Absolutely love them for short sprints..

Jess June 24, 2009

That was a fun post, Ange! Sketchie is about the cutest thing ever!