Summer Sunshine!

Boy, was the first day of summer ever a beauty!!!

IMG_3920

Blissful scene around dinner time:

IMG_3930

Eric firing up the grill!

IMG_3938

2 veggie dogs for me and 1.5 burgers for Eric (plus the rest for his lunch tomorrow!):

IMG_3943

Eric was in heaven to be eating his meat…lol.

My ‘hot dog buns’:

IMG_3940

These are my go-to pita pockets as they are high in fibre and protein! My only gripe about them is that they crack very easily- even when fresh and they don’t have a long shelf life! I keep mine in the freezer and take one out at a time so they last longer.

These were 2 for $4 at Loblaws today. I made some baby carrots to go with dinner and accidently cooked them WAY too long. They were mush. :( bye bye nutrients!

IMG_3941

He cooks some mean veggie dogs:

IMG_3944 IMG_3946 IMG_3947  IMG_3950 IMG_3951 IMG_3954

I’ve been snacking on my On The Glo II bars ALL day! lol. They are seriously addicting! So light and airy!!

Look what I got on sale at Shoppers today!

IMG_3956

After reading all of your rave reviews about this product I took the plunge! :) I can’t wait to review it.

You will slowly see me shift my skin products to organic or all natural over the next several months. I am going to do a FUN EXPERIMENT and see if I notice any difference!

Today I got so much done!! I feel so much less stressed now. I got all my orders in order and a bunch of business stuff. I will finish up my paper work tomorrow and also finish baking for my order tomorrow night at 6pm. I also have an order for Tuesday AM and Wednesday. It will be a busy week but I will be so happy to be caught up!

No workout for me today…my body asked for a rest and I gave it one! ;)

Coming up tomorrow AM:

• I tell you what is going to happen with the BBBC!

I will also tell you what MOVIE I saw this weekend that required THESE:

IMG00075

Nighty night beauties!

Angela_Signature

1 Nicole of Raspberry Stethoscope June 21, 2009

I bought the Yes to Carrots night cream a few days ago and am liking it so far!!

2 nicole- chasing blue June 21, 2009

Hurray for rest days! You’ve earned it.

For me, I have 6 miles to do on the treadmill while catching up on my fave shows.

Have a great night!

3 april June 21, 2009

Yay for rest days! Today was mine too… I’m actually learning to love my rest days.

4 Mara @ What's for Dinner? June 21, 2009

Happy Summer!

5 Shannon, The Healthy Beach Bum June 21, 2009

Looks like an amazing summer day :) Grilling out is so much fun

6 Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) June 21, 2009

Veggie dog pitas! Fantastic idea :D

Happy Summer!

7 Courtney June 21, 2009

Wow, dinner looks lovely! It’s about 6:00 here, and I’m headed to a BBQ myself :} No vegan though, noooo m’am :]

8 Jessica June 21, 2009

Oh my I have seen this product but I haven’t even contemplated getting it! I don’t see it often is why probably. I’ll have to try it too …
Ange what kind of camera are you using? The first picture has the most astounding, clear clouds in the background.

It is a Canon PowerShot SD800 IS and I LOVE it! Had it for 3 years and still going strong! Which is a lot of abuse since all I do is take pics of food!

9 Danielle June 21, 2009

What a beautiful day, glad you were able to relax and enjoy it! :)

10 Low June 21, 2009

I’ve been slowly switching to organic beauty products also. Can’t wait to read your reviews for more ideas!

11 Jenn Eats Nutritiously Now June 21, 2009

The veggie dogs look good.

12 Katrina (gluten free gidget) June 21, 2009

I love summer! My hubby says I am “solar powered”!

13 Christina June 21, 2009

Ah, I love 3D movies! I’m gunna take a guess and say you went to see Up. If so, can’t wait to see what you thought – I’ve been wanting to see it!

14 chanturtle June 21, 2009

what do veggie dogs taste like? are they good? because I luuuvvvv hotdogs and their so disgusting how theyre made but their so good I would love to replace them with something better for me!

15 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 21, 2009

I can’t wait to hear your review on that shampoo. And that will be so interesting to see what difference it makes to use organic products. Definitely a fun experiment!

Dinner sounds fantastic! I’ve never actually tried veggie dogs myself, but I’m going to look for them. What brand are these?

xxoo
Heather

16 Angela (Oh She Glows) June 21, 2009

They are St Ives hot dogs! Soy based…I hear Tofu ones are good too although I have never tried them yet!

17 Danielle C. June 21, 2009

What a gorgeous day, nice to see that someone go to enjoy some sunshine (it was mostly grey here in Seattle until late afternoon). I can’t wait to hear what you think of the Say Yes to Carrots.

18 leslie June 22, 2009

glad you had a productive day! the packaging on those veggie bags totally would’ve drawn me in lol. sleek + modern design, plus vegetables inside – i’m sold.

i’m already intrigued about the organic beauty product challenge!

19 Alice June 22, 2009

I keep waiting to hear about the BBBC! =P Very pumped about that. Also, what brand of veggie dogs do you use? Just curious as hot dogs are one of the things I miss the most being vegetarian and it’s always good to know the good brands. Have a good one, Angela!

20 Alice June 22, 2009

Ha! I just realized you answered the dog question already. Thanks anyway! =D

21 Susan June 22, 2009

Oooh, curious to hear about your results with the organic/natural skincare products! I have really sensitive skin, and a lot of natural products actually irritate it. Ironic, no?

22 Lynn (The Actors Diet) June 22, 2009

Oh, those 3-D glasses look familiar! Are things looking UP?

23 Jess June 24, 2009

Oh my gosh! I love all the Say Yes To products but I will admit that I didn’t stick with the shampoo, because it seems to take a large volume of the shampoo to really later up my hair, so it turned out to be wasteful and cost ineffective for me…but I do still use the body wash and it is soooo great. I got some cool samples of natural facewash and moisturizers from this store called Lush yesterday…I’ll be reviewing them soon, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for that (you know, in your spare time! ha)