Here is my shot! “Oh he Glows!!!”

Angela has offered me (Eric – Angela’s husband) a guest posting at “Oh She Glows”, so I was thinking this is my shot to make it big!!!  Keeping with the regular format I figure I would show off my amazing meals this weekend…  Okay I lied, I basically ate Raisin Bran all weekend and I’ll spare you the photo (as no matter what angle I tried, it never looked any better).

So I called in the backup yesterday, and had 4 of my co-workers over for a BBQ.  They brought all the food & drinks, so it was pretty sweet.

One of my co-workers marinated some chicken wings and chicken strips in his home-made Portuguese sauce @ 3:00am the night before.  Here they are on the BBQ:

IMG_7337

Some of you might be thinking “Damn thats a lot of chicken for 5 guys…” , well that wasn’t even all the chicken…  Another co-worker brought over some Steaks as well.  We couldn’t let these go to waste so we threw them on as well.

IMG_7342

One of my co-workers “Tony”, demanded that he BBQ, I think we were outside for 2 hours while he barbequed, we ate the food straight off the BBQ.  Here is a finished shot of the Steak cooked Medium/Well.

IMG_7353

Some of you might be wondering, "did they only eat meat?”.  I looked in the fridge to see what we had; Spinach, Kale, Broccoli, Cucumbers, Carrots, etc…  Considering I asked “Tony” to try some of Angela’s Aunts amazing spinach dip a few weeks back and he wouldn’t even touch it.  I begged him to try because it was so good, and he said “If there is green in it, I don’t eat it”.  So I figured nothing in our fridge was going to do the trick.  Luckily someone also brought bread.

IMG_7338

So there you have it, that was “the just” of my meals.  Luckily nobody read the margarine container as I’m sure if they read “Olive Oil Margarine” they probably wouldn’t have touched that either.  I tried eating enough of that BBQ so I could hibernate until Angela gets back, but something was still missing.  I searched desperately for some baked goods and NOTHING!!!! So I told myself… “I’m Oh He Glows… I can do what she does!!!”.  I searched everywhere for the recipes before I remembered she typed them all up!  So I found this post: Angela’s favourite oatmeal Raisin Cookies (luckily I fixed the search function a few weeks ago).

Before you scroll to see the pictures, just remember “Don’t judge a book by its cover”…

IMG_7411

Lookin’ good so far..  Maybe a “tad” too close together…

IMG_7419

Well all in all they turned out alright…  I almost forgot the egg replacement so I put it in last (probably not best idea), as well when it says 15-17 minutes… I probably should have listened instead of the 20-25 minutes they were in for – but they weren’t too crisp (yet).  Oh and I made my own substitute in the recipe.  Chocolate Chunks instead of raisins!  I definitely spoiled my dinner tonight (not that spoiling that leftover bread really matters).

Well, there was my 15 minutes of fame.  Needless to say I’m probably not cut out for the whole “healthy living” blogs.

IMG_7382

Ange: I miss you, please come home soon!  Sketchie has been sulking since you left.  =(

Eric

1 Mona June 8, 2009

OMG! I thought my husband and his friends were the only ones that ate meat right off the grill with no side dishes.

2 Katrina (Gluten Free Gidget) June 8, 2009

That was sheer brilliance! hahahaha Keep it! Cut and Print!

3 leatitia (inspire lea) June 8, 2009

Great job Eric! This was very funny and cute to read. Loved it!

4 Colleen2 June 8, 2009

This was hilarious and very endearing! I’m going out of town this week and I can imagine my hubby’s eats will look a lot like this…he would never attempt baking, so props to you Eric! :)

5 Minta June 8, 2009

Oo We got to meet you Eric! Awesome. Loved this post. This is what my hubby would have if he had a weekend to himself – with lots of Guinness!

6 Katie June 8, 2009

I love this!!! Man counterpart posts are the best. I love Tony’s no-green rule… and I love that you baked up some of Angela’s cookies!

7 Priyanka June 8, 2009

Never seen so much meat on OSG. Great post Eric:~}

Sketchie looks adorable!!

8 Suzanne June 8, 2009

Looks like “Oh he Glows” should have a BBQ blog! Nice job! :-)

9 hjartas June 7, 2009

hilarious post … and comments. lol. so much meat and cookies. very nice!

10 Iris June 7, 2009

What a funny post! My boyfriend would get a kick out of it!

11 Michelle Gay June 7, 2009

what a crack up. I loved all the meat…you should write a blog.

12 Eric June 7, 2009

Wow I feel like my 15 mins of fame really cashed in. =) So this is what it feels like for Angela on a daily basis. Thanks for the comments on the pictures. I use a Canon 30D Digital SLR. Its a great camera, but it was quite expensive and if I was to do it again I probably wouldn’t have bought it since I don’t put it to use so much. If I was buying a point & shoot I would get something like Angela has: the “Canon PowerShot SD880 IS”. The wide Angle lens (28mm) makes it a great camera as you can fit so much more into your pictures (great for group photos in places you don’t have much room). It also does really good Close-up Macro pictures without having to adjust the camera settings.

13 David June 7, 2009

Great post Eric.. nice looking Steaks!

14 Sarah June 7, 2009

That is a whole lotta o meat.

The photo you took of Sketchie is really good!

15 Rebeca June 7, 2009

This was so cute!

Don’t sell yourself short! It was a fabulous post and the picture of the chicken and steaks made this non-steak eater kind of hungry lol

16 Katherine June 7, 2009

Such a cute post and GREAT pictures! Glad to see Eric found a way to survive while Ang is gone, but it sounds like he is VERY ready for her to return! :)

17 Faith June 7, 2009

What a super cute post! Eric, I can’t believe you made cookies from scratch…nice job!

18 *Andrea* June 7, 2009

hhaha eric, you’re adorable!!! i am amazed by how much MEAT guys eat. my sister’s boyfriend (a college football player) has legit like 3-4 hamburgers for dinner with a tall glass of whole milk. and he is so lean! no fair ;)

19 Lindsey (Mrs. LC) June 7, 2009

bahaha this was hilarious – I think we should be graced with more “Oh He Glows” posts around here! Eric, I think it’s great that you baked this weekend!

20 Kati June 7, 2009

haha..this is great! my husband would NOT attempt cookies from scratch by himself. way to go!

21 Leah June 7, 2009

weird I ate Raisin Bran the whole weekend too?

22 Nicole June 7, 2009

Loved the Oh He Glows post!!!!

23 Anne P June 7, 2009

haha love this! those steaks on the grill look like a magazine quality photo!

24 Jenny June 7, 2009

Great post Eric! Those steaks look absolutely mouth watering!

haha My cat sulks when I’m gone too :(

25 Krista June 7, 2009

What a great post, Eric! I bet Angela laughs her butt off when she reads it! That is exactly the type of BBQ that my husband lives for….who needs a plate??? Or green stuff??? :)

Hope to see you do some more guest posts!

26 Karen June 7, 2009

Good stuff Eric! I love love love that you made your own “Oh HE Glows” cookies!

Your photography skillz ain’t too shabby either! Very cute pic of Sketchie- my dog sulks the entire time I am out of town too…it makes my husband feel depressed.

You two remind me so much of myself and my husband!

27 Courtney June 7, 2009

http://peacelovehealthiness.wordpress.com, that’s me. I typed in the wrong URL in the above comment ;]

28 Courtney June 7, 2009

Way to go Eric! Damn, that meat looks UH-MAY-ZING. Can I ask you what kind of camera you have? I am shopping for a new digital cam, and either you’re a professional, or that’s a decent digi. :]

Ange, I just hope my Clayton turns out a 16th of what Eric is, he seems so sweet! Both of you are so lucky to have each other! :)

29 Kate June 7, 2009

Haha I love this. Meat, meat and meat. Nice baking attempt -I’m sure they tasted great!
An Oh He Glows regular feature would be great!

30 april June 7, 2009

Haha I loved this post! Those meals sound like my boyfriends daily eats… I don’t see the deal with boys and tons of meat! lol

31 Eric June 7, 2009

Glad everyone liked the post. Definetly can’t eat that stuff everyday, but everyone once in a while doesn’t hurt… I’m not sure if I could say I was “glowing” after this weekend… Possibly “growing” though. Ange will get me back on track tomorrow night. =) I was going to make a spinach salad but I was sure I’d be the only one who would eat it. Angela has definetly gotten me to expand my horizons and eat a lot more stuff than I used to (although you wouldn’t be able to tell from this post).

32 Milca June 7, 2009

What a great post Eric!! It was really nice seeing a male perspective. Your meal looks delicious, that was a lot meat and lacked a real side dish but still looked good. It would be nice to see you post every once in a while. Good Job!!

33 Susan June 7, 2009

Bahahaha, meat and bread – perfect!!! You were just making up for lost meat eating time, right? ;)

34 Angela + ENTIRE FAMILY!!!!!!! June 7, 2009

Oh HE Glows, you’ve outdone yourself!!! So, we are all wondering, what’s on tomorrow’s agenda for healthy eating?

Also, we are hoping for a before and after picture of you GLOWING! We want proof :) Don’t worry Ange will be home tomorrow night and regular MEAT-LESS meals will resume.

35 e June 7, 2009

Eric ~ How lucky Ange is to have such a fantastic husband. Great post.

36 Nicole June 7, 2009

hilarious

37 elizabeth June 7, 2009

Haha, this was adorable. I vote for regular Oh He Glows spots! So tell me, after your cookie, bread and meat-a-palooza, were you glowing with vigor and health? :-D

Ange, hurry home. Your husband’s cholesterol needs you. :-D

38 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 7, 2009

Haha, this is ADORABLE!!! Loving this guest post Eric! You are such a manly man! At least you got in the 3 basic “man” food groups… meat, bread, and cookies. :D

Angela… He just misses you! ;)

39 Bree June 7, 2009

LOVE this post, NICE JOB ERIC!! :-P

40 Coco Knudson June 7, 2009

your cat is absolutely beautiful!!!!!

41 Mara @ What's For Dinner? June 7, 2009

Haha this post is awesome… cookies, meat, bread… perfect!

42 [email protected] June 7, 2009

Oh I am jealous at the way boys can eat. . .