The Real Thing

by Angela (Oh She Glows) on May 14, 2009

I am one lucky girl.

My doorbell rang this morning and I thought, who could that be???

A flower delivery!!!!! :D

IMG_1253

I LOVE pink roses!!!! I mean, obviously!!! Now I have the real thing on my dining table! hehe.

IMG_1255

I immediately called my mom and thanked them. :) What a great way to start the day!

IMG_1205

IMG_1256

THEN- get this! I checked the mail and I had a mysterious package in the mailbox!!!

I ripped open the box and look what it was!!!!!!

IMG_1194

GAH!!!!!!!!

IMG_1195

And guess who it is from…

LEAH!!!! :D :D

Thanks girlie!! I am so excited to try out Ani’s recipes!

So as you can see the day is going well. It’s not even my birthday yet! lol.

I have been busy all morning working on an order for the fabulous Krista! And guess what else? Krista and I are meeting for the first time tomorrow morning!!!! Don’t worry we already have a photo op planned! I finally feel like I am in some cool blogger meet up club. bahahah.

Ok, so back to today…

A green monster with some new Kiwi napkins (from yesterday’s trip!). How cute are these napkins??? They had almost every fruit and veggie in the book and I had such a hard time choosing. The green speaks to me!

IMG_1213 IMG_1214

Ingredients:

• 3 huge organic kale leaves
  • 1.5 cup Almond Breeze
  • 2 T Nutritional Yeast
  • 1/2 serving organic tofu
  • 1 T flax
  • 1/2 frozen ripe banana

So so so heavenly good.

Preparing some eggless sweet wheat sugar cookies..

IMG_1216 IMG_1219 IMG_1222  IMG_1226

IMG_1225 IMG_1227 IMG_1229 IMG_1230 IMG_1236 IMG_1238

Then I had to force myself to break for lunch around noon because I was fading fast!

IMG_1252 IMG_1242  IMG_1245

In the wrap:

• 12 Grain Tortilla (Dempsters)
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 2 T nutritional yeast (adds a very easy 8.34 grams of protein and 4 grams fibre)
  • Tomato paste
  • 1 cup organic baby spinach (PC brand)

This is a new dish I got yesterday for $2 bucks!! It’s so fun. :D

IMG_1248

In the trail mix:

• 3 T raisins
  • 3 T pistachios
  • 3 T pumpkin seeds

Along with an organic PC white tea, organic granny smith, and a birthday card from MIL! :)

IMG_1243

Ok, I must get back to the kitchen! Time to decorate the cookies :)

See you tonight for FAQ’s, cookies, and my workout!

Angela_Signature

Heather May 14, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Those flowers are BEAUTIFUL! It’s always so fun to get things in the mail!

That lunch looks so good to! I love making my own trail mixes.

Christina May 14, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Early birthday presents are the best :) Can’t wait to see you try some recipes from that cookbook!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now May 14, 2009 at 2:03 pm

I’m so glad you love it!! Can’t wait to see what you come up with from the book! :)

Amy May 14, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Hi Angela – I too love nutritional yeast and think it’s great in vegan cheeses and as a nutritional supplement (love it on top of my salad). However, I was recently reading through “The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods” (awesome book) and realized that there can be too much of a good thing.

Murray says:
“About 20% of the crude protein nitrogen in yeast is in th form of purines. If consume in large amounts – more than 3 tbsp of nutr yeast daily – these purines can cause probles in anyone since a high intake can result in elevated blook levels of uric acid. When blood levels of uric acid are high, it tends to crystallize and precipitate in joints, where it can cause gout or arthritis…”. He also says that people with diabetes or hypoglycemia should consult their doctors before using as chromium-enriched brewer’s yeast may affect blood glucose and insulin levels.

I certainly don’t want to scare anyone as nutr yeast is an awesome booster food. And I’m not sure that this is true of all brands, but just wanted to make everyone aware.

On a lighter note…those flowers are BEAUTIFUL and I can’t wait for some more raw desserts. Yum Yum.

Run Sarah May 14, 2009 at 2:30 pm

What awesome birthday presents- I love surprise deliveries.

Chloe May 14, 2009 at 2:35 pm

love those flowers- beautiful!

can’t wait to see the cookies!!

Gena May 14, 2009 at 2:50 pm

What lovely birthday presents!! And thanks for the comment on my blog! I LOVE yours and have been reading for a long time! I hope you’ll visit again :)

Bec May 14, 2009 at 2:53 pm

ooo I can’t wait to see what raw deserts you make from that book!

Priyanka May 14, 2009 at 3:00 pm

I like so many things in the post. Firstly the flowers they are beautiful, then the sugar cookies, the kiwi napkins and finally the new dish!!

I had a question about the GM with the peppermint tea. How did you get the mint flavor in the smoothie? When I added it I did not get any minty flavor!Is there a trick???

Mara @ What's For Dinner? May 14, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Aw! Great flowers!!

Bree May 14, 2009 at 3:14 pm

beautiful flowers! lucky you :-D lol and don’t you know you’re supposed to wait until your birthday for all present? :-P

Was also thinking…didn’t you used to rollerblade a lot?? I know that’s one of my favorite things to do when I can’t run (which is most of the time :-P) Maybe incorporate that as cross training?

brandi May 14, 2009 at 3:18 pm

love the napkins! and what fun birthday surprises :)

Yasmin May 14, 2009 at 3:44 pm

So beautiful! I love getting flowers and you are one lucky girl!

Danielle May 14, 2009 at 3:44 pm

That lunch looks and sounds incredible! And how nice that you were able to eat it right by your new lovely bouquet!

Katrina (gluten free gidget) May 14, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Surprises are the best! I don’t know if I like giving them or receiving them more! BTW I tried my first Green Juice today. Check out my blog post!

Lara (Thinspired) May 14, 2009 at 4:17 pm

What a sweetie that Leah is! Wonderful goodies to kick off your birthday celebrations!

amy (veganissexy) May 14, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Ooooh pink roses! Lovin me some pink flowers too! That is so sweet that you got birthday goodies already :) I can’t wait to see your raw creations….I’m dying to get a few raw cookbooks to start doing a raw day once/week.

Hallie May 14, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Those flowers are GORGEOUS! You are a lucky girl, indeed. :-)

megan May 14, 2009 at 4:30 pm

I made my first green monster yesterday! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture to put on my blog, but I’ll let you know when I make one again (and I will be making it again soon!), and then I’ll put it on my blog :)

mi May 14, 2009 at 4:46 pm

oh wow they are SO beatiful!! they suit you so well, too – if i saw lots of different types of flowers and had to pick what reminded me of you the most, i would have to choose those :D

and what a great present from leah!! she did a great job!

i loved your video on the ponytail – looks so gorgeous. also, about the way you say “about” ;) – in my first term at boarding school, i shared with an english girl and a canadian girl, and every morning when we woke up, the canadian girl would say, “it’s so ____ out” about the weather (it’s so nice out, it’s so cold out, etc.) and we used to have a great time laughing about how she said “out” and we tried and failed to copy her accurately!! all in good jest, of course :) i think it is so unique and you should be proud of your accent!

Krista May 14, 2009 at 4:52 pm

Great roses and napkins and cookbook! I can see how you would be in a fantastic mood!!!

I’m psyched about tomorrow, too!!! ;)

Jen May 14, 2009 at 8:24 pm

What is it with people thinking that we Canucks say “about” weird? For some reason I thought of you tonight when I ped-egged my feet and then painted my tootsies pink…maybe because of your roses? They are beautiful – I hope you get to enjoy them for a long time! Any special plans for your birthday/long weekend?

Trish (girlatgym) May 14, 2009 at 8:27 pm

Such pretty flowers! Pink roses are one of my faves. And I love getting new books.

Help Meghan Run May 14, 2009 at 8:37 pm

Yum…raw desserts! And beautiful flowers, happy early birthday. :)

ttfn300 May 14, 2009 at 9:02 pm

lovely flowers! and i love your new bowl :)

Kath May 15, 2009 at 11:49 am

Happy Birthday!! Is today the official day?!

Cara May 15, 2009 at 12:28 pm